How to disassemble the grass trimmer reel garden. The thread does not hold up
Grass trimmer reel repair with their own hands: how to remove, disassemble, change the line for the trimmer, assemble and install back
If the trimmer line is not extended by lightly striking the grass trimmer reel button on the ground, the prerequisites for this are usually.
Option 1 is overbite, t.Е. Clamping cord between turns. This problem usually occurs if the user winds the trimmer line unevenly on the spool, crossing the windings or winding it without tension. In the latter case, when the mower rotates at high speeds under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to tighten, under the influence of which inter-rotation clamping of the mowing line can occur. To remove the obstruction, you need to disassemble the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words, even spinning with good tension.
Variant 2.4. very short ends sticking out of the head. When hitting the ground, the rod may not fall out if the ends protruding from the head are not long enough (short). Then the centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the trimmer line. Therefore, it is necessary to suspend the unit (in other words, turn off the engine, disconnect the electric grass trimmer from the mains) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, first pressing the button.
Option 3. trimmer line is sealed inside the mower. This causes the reel to stop and not even spin when the button is pressed. This is mainly due to several reasons: poor quality cord, overheating of the spool during prolonged operation of the machine and exposure of the mowing line to solid objects.
- First, the third-party cord that you like is made of poor quality and fusible materials that cannot withstand mechanical and thermal stresses. It is therefore necessary to give preference to “brand name” lines.
- If you have a fishing line for a trimmer of unknown owner, and it often solders during work, then, of course, follow the example of some users, who, after filling the cord in the spool, lubricate it or silicone grease (from a can) or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the possibility of soldering the coils of the mowing line.
- the trimmer line can also be soldered if it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) while mowing. Д.). During this time, it stretches out a bit and pulls to the head at a high rate of speed. The cord heats up from friction and its spools stick together. The only thing that will be done to correct this problem is to open the grass trimmer reel and rewind the trimmer line.
There are situations when the grass trimmer user notices a very fast consumption of the fishing line. Here he never pressed the button with the button to extend the line for the trimmer. A prerequisite for the spontaneous extension of the line by cutting a special knife on the machine body is the lack of spring in the mowing head. Often novice users of mowers, trying to load the line for the trimmer into the spool, forget to install the compressed spring in the head, in other words, completely lose it when opening the cover, and then they do not even know about its existence.
the trimmer line also expands without using the button if the spring is loose. If a spring check confirmed this fact, you need to insert some washers underneath it to increase the pressing characteristics.
Trimmer owners, mostly beginners, are confused, near panic when the reel has to change the cutting tool or trimmer line. Often when trying to unscrew the head of a lawn trimmer, users simply make it unusable, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction To prevent this, if you need to change the tool, we recommend that you join the step-by-step annotation below.
- Before pouring the rod into the reel, turn off the motor trimmer, as it is also called, de-energize the electric grass trimmer to avoid injuries that occur when the cutting tool is accidentally turned.
- Unscrew the attached transmission shaft nozzle. To do this, you need to secure the shaft by aligning the holes on the washer and inserting an iron bar or screwdriver there.
- Unscrew the nozzle. You should know that the threads on the shaft remain. So turn the grass trimmer spool to the right, in other words, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. In most cases, the main cap comes on clips. To remove it, you’ll need to lower those clips onto the body, squeezing the edges of the cover. If there is a passage, if your grass trimmer has an automatic mower with a button at the bottom, then disassemble the nozzle should be carried out carefully, as there is a chance of losing the spring, which sometimes flies out when you remove the cover. ,
- Cut the necessary amount of fishing line. It is usually 5 meters long. Use cord of the same diameter as mentioned in the note to the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the largest diameter of mowing line, as this will increase the load on the motor and increase the gas mileage.
- Find the middle of the piece of cord by folding it in half. You will get a hinge.
- The reel has special grooves cut inside (there are holes). Insert the line loop into this groove.
- Wind the trimmer line onto the reel by turning it counterclockwise. The cord must be filled very evenly and the turns must be laid not overlapping but with good tension. When you have finished winding, leave the loose ends of the fishing line about 20 cm long and secure them in the grooves on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the trimmer head. Remember to fully assemble the nozzle spring and washer (if available). Insert the spool into the housing and thread the ends of the line through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the reducer shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. Turn the grass trimmer reel to the left (counterclockwise).
Preparing to change the line
Before replacing the fishing line, you must pull out and then disassemble the head. It usually includes a casing, spring (on some models), a bobbin with a fishing line, a cover. It is necessary to unplug the electric grass trimmer (or shut off the gasoline one), and then proceed to remove the spool. It can be fixed in two different ways: in the first case, you must disassemble the head completely, and in the second, just remove it from the gearbox shaft to which it is fixed.
- under the cover is a bobbin, it must be carefully removed from the body (sometimes under it hides a spring, it should also be carefully put aside so as not to lose);
- after removing the bobbin, a fixing bolt (or screw) becomes visible in the center of the body, which must be unscrewed in the opposite direction to the clockwise movement;
- after removing the fasteners, hold the body and with a rocking motion remove the bobbin from the gearbox shaft.
The second way is as follows. The reel head is slid over the gearbox shaft. In order to disengage it, you have to secure this shaft. This is usually done with a hole in Champion or STIHL brushcutters by inserting a nail, bar or screwdriver. After locking the shaft in a stationary position, you must, holding by the housing, begin to turn the head clockwise, since the threads on the shaft are usually left.
Now that the head is removed and disassembled, you need to determine how thick the cord should be. You can find out the appropriate diameter for your grass trimmer by looking in the user manual or on the bobbin itself, usually this information is indicated on it. Another way is to insert a thread into the hole from which it is fed. If the twine goes without difficulty, it can be used for work.
As a side note! To understand how much fishing line to wind for the bobbin, you need to wind it on the bobbin so that the height of the skein was not more than the diameter of the sides. If the cord protrudes over the edges, the reel cannot be hidden in the cover.
How to Fix the Starter on a Ryobi Trimmer
Algorithm for winding the line
Depending on spool type. with one or two cord wires and auto cord loading spool. the line can be wound in either direction.
On one spool with one bar
It is very easy to wind the line for trimmer on the spool with a single bar. In such designs, depending on the brand of grass trimmer, fits from two to five meters of cord. The edge of the line in the bobbin should be tucked into a special hole or groove, then the string is reeled in the side opposite to the rotation of the spool during operation.
Tip:! To understand in what direction to wind the thread, you should look at the body of the bobbin. usually on it are made marks indicating the direction of movement of the spool when working.
After the line for the trimmer is wound, you need to leave a small piece (15-30 cm), put into the output hole of the bobbin and reassemble the head.
In this type of bobbin, you must inspect the inside of the bobbin and determine the number of cord winding grooves provided in the bobbin.
Important! If the spool has one groove, both tendrils must be wound in a common groove, if two, they must be wound in separate tracks.
For winding, take a piece of fishing line of two to three meters in length. For single groove bobbins, tuck the trimmer line into the through hole, align the whiskers, align and wind it on the spool in the opposite direction of its rotation when working. If there are locking slots, the ends of the filament must be slipped into these slots and pulled out into the outlet opening before closing the spool and reinserting.
For twin-twist spools the difference is that the string section should be folded in half. Next, it is necessary to charge the middle of the bend in the groove between the grooves, and then wrap each of the pieces of line on its track, fix the tendrils and reassemble the bobbin in the same way as a bobbin with a single track.
On a trimmer head with automatic threading
For heads with automatic threading, all you need to do is start and clamp the edges of the line, and the tool will do further winding by itself when you turn it on. There is no room for error here, because the spool itself recognizes how the tendrils should be positioned.
Just a side note! The advantages of trimmers with such a head include the convenience of laying the cord, and the disadvantages. expensive and difficult to repair.
How to tuck the line for trimmer into the grass trimmer reel
To wind up a line for your trimmer, you need about 10-15 minutes. What is a grass trimmer reel? A plastic body with a cassette inside, which has a special hook for easy winding of fishing line. How to replace the cord on how to disassemble the reel in a gasoline prinis znayomiy trimmer. Almost all trimmer reels have a similar attachment principle, this is the central screw-button, when you press it, it is possible to pull out the line for the trimmer of the required length. How to remove the spool from the trimmer for grass Huter grass trimmer video how to wind the line for a trimmer on. How to remove the spool from the trimmer for grass, disassemble the spool on the trimmer. Here are a few examples of different spools for trimmers.
Reels of trimmers, the motor of which is at the very ground, have a different attachment to the axis of rotation, they have two buttons on the reel, located on the sides, which must be pressed, otherwise the change of thread is no different from other cassettes.
The principle of the correct winding of the line is similar in all the above cases, so for example let’s consider the standard version with two tendrils.
To remove the spool with the line you need to unscrew the screw, located in the center, but note that the thread is left, so you have to turn it clockwise, this is done on purpose, so that during the work it is not opened under the influence of centrifugal force.
Next, using a screwdriver, disassemble the head and take out the spool, on which the line for the trimmer is wound directly. Measuring the required length and folded in half, you need to tuck the line for the trimmer into the spool, bringing, as a result, its ends opposite each other (for this there are special slots for fixing).
After that, you need to assemble the head in reverse order, passing the ends of the cord in the two appropriate holes.
If there are doubts or it is not quite clear how to charge a line for a trimmer on a trimmer for grass we recommend to see how to wind up a line for a trimmer in a lawnmower correctly. In this video, the instructor will walk you through the steps of opening the trimmer head, measuring the amount of line needed, usually two to four meters, and demonstrating the assembly and installation on the grass trimmer.
trimmer for the grass, whether it is gasoline or electric, is the only true solution for cutting the grass in hard-to-reach places, which can not cope with a wheeled lawnmower. As a cutting tool in trimmers used metal knives or a special line for trimmer, which is tucked into the spool trimmer for grass. Unfortunately trimmer heads deteriorate over time. Some faults can be repaired with your own hands, some require complete replacement of the mowing head.
Design of trimmer head
On the Russian market the most popular are semi-automatic trimmer heads. A typical representative of mechanisms of this type is a universal semiautomatic head, which is equipped with electric trimmers for grass and lawnmowers of such famous brands as Bosch, Huter, Husqvarna, etc. Its design is shown in the picture.
- body (pos.6) with a cover (pos.1), equipped with special eyes (pos.5), through which the cutting cord is led out;
- bobbin (pos.3), on which the trimmer line is wound (pos.7);
- clamping spring (pos. 4).
Easily Fix Your Pull Start Recoil Spring for Small Engine
There are other, simpler heads.
trimmer head device
On the Russian market, the most popular are semi-automatic trimmer heads. A typical representative of mechanisms of this type is the universal semiautomatic head, which is equipped with electric trimmers for grass and lawnmowers of such famous brands as Bosch, Huter, Husqvarna, etc. Its construction is shown in figure.
- body (pos.6) with cover (pos.1), equipped with special lugs (pos.5) through which the cutting cord is led to the outside;
- bobbin (pos.3) on which the line for the trimmer is wound (pos.7);
- Pressure spring (pos. 4).
There are other, simpler heads.
What kind of line is used for trimmer for grass?
There are several kinds of fishing line:
- Stronger round;
- For mowing soft curly vegetation;
- For mowing narrow toothed grass;
- Particularly suitable for certain trimmers.
The cut of the cutting line should correspond to the plant to be cut.
If you need to change the line for the trimmer, then you need to choose exactly the type recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer for grass model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread
Must match the power of the motor and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting filament. It is worthwhile to soak the line for the trimmer for a while, if you plan to change it in the spool.
After soaking, it becomes elastic and stronger.
Cutting filament can be made of different components. Often found in their middle of nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon line for trimmer can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Reels or trimmer heads have different structures:
How to change a line for a trimmer in a trimmer and what is the best choice
Since the choice of trimmer for grass, we looked in the previous article, now we’ll tell you how to correctly fill the trimmer for grass fishing line, and what better to choose based on the criteria of work.
READ How to adjust the carburetor on the Carver trimmer
After you have purchased a grass trimmer and started to use it intensively, at some point there will be a question of replacing the fishing line, as this is the most wearing element in the tool, then the intense use of the grass trimmer will lead to not infrequent replacement of the consumable material.
What can be used instead of a fishing line
Many trimmer users are wondering what can replace the default cord used in such a device? They begin to conduct dangerous experiments, installing metal or copper wire, metal cables or strings, as well as ordinary trimmer fishing line in the mowing head.
If a metal cable is installed instead of a fishing line, then the grass trimmer becomes a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. This fact is explained by the fact that during the operation of the machine, the steel rope will gradually work, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will fly in different directions at high speed.
And if you accidentally touch your own or someone else’s foot while working with a steel cable (wire), it will provide a strong and deep cut of tissues, and in some cases amputation of toes. It is not surprising that the manufacturer uses nylon for this purpose, as it is quite light and strong, and in the disconnected state it does not fly out and can not cause injury.