How To Fix A Circular To A Table A Simple Option
How to make a circular from a circular saw with your own hands Let’s study the advice of the masters on how to make a circular from a circular saw with your own hands and how to install a sawing table. Drawings and a step by step guide are provided to help.
Description of the workflow
How the saw blade guide is made. To make the cut straight, a guide ruler attached to the workbench will help.
The essence of the device is to prevent the sawing material from moving during operation.
The easiest option is to attach two profiles, one to the base of the saw and the other to the sawing table.
To do this, you need to pick up two pieces of pipe, you can use an aluminum square profile of different sizes. The pipes must be cut vertically with an angle grinder. You should get a design according to similarity rails, when one part fits into another.
Next, you need to measure the piece along the length of the table. Pre-cut the recess and fit the profile into it, securing it with bolts from the bottom. The smaller profile is cut to the length of the sole and bolted. The edges of the metal should be sanded so that they do not interfere with smooth movement. All that remains is to combine both profiles and test the device.
Additional tools you will need:
- Screwdriver for fastenings;
- Electric drill;
- Pencil or marker for marking;
- Electric jigsaw;
In the process of work may need a router.
To make a table, you need to prepare:
- 2 guide rails;
- Chipboard sheet 60/120 cm in size;
- Blank for a table with legs (if any).
The bed can be made independently from ordinary wooden blanks, fastened together by slats, or a ready-made sawing table, iron or wooden, can be used.
To work with plexiglass, plastic, laminate, a mini-circular can be useful. A small design similar to a stool center discat.
This model is designed for thin sheets of material and will not withstand heavy loads.
You can use an angle grinder by attaching it from below using the above method.
For an emphasis, you can attach a beam with a height of 2 cm.
The legs do not need to be reinforced because the device is to be moved.
The motor power on the microcircular is small. Up to 40 W. The disc can be taken from a hand saw, but it is quite possible to use a prefabricated structure, where a threaded rod acts as a shaft. A construction pin. The disc is fastened with a nut screwed onto the thread.
General requirements for a circular saw table
Tenoning device on a circular table.
A table for a working saw must meet several basic requirements:
- Support rigidity;
In addition to these requirements, there are several prerequisites that must be taken into account when creating a machine for a circular saw.
- Safety and reliability of the saw attachment.
- Saw blade guard, which is often left unfulfilled.
- Free access to the on and off button.
An additional set of functions of devices depends on the requirements of the master himself and his qualifications. This set includes accessories that:
- Help to perform an even longitudinal cut;
- The same quality cross-cut.
Circular saw design.
The standard table, which can be purchased with the circular saw, is usually made of stainless steel. The sawing device itself is mounted upside down, an incision or slot is made approximately in the middle to accommodate the saw blade itself. Its width must match the width of the saw blades used. This gap should not be allowed to be too wide. In this case, shavings and other work debris will often clog the device, rendering it unusable.
As for the technical parameters of the saw, which will be used for machine sawing, its motor power can be more than that of a conventional hand saw. But still, do not exceed 1200 W, experts consider such a risk unjustified. After all, the more powerful the saw, the more durable and reliable the table is needed.
Industrial machines are made, as already mentioned, exclusively of metal, but their support is very often poured with cement to secure the device more securely.
How to make a circular table with your own hands?
When buying a circular saw, the future master does not always imagine the amount of work that he has to perform with this equipment. This is one side of the problem. On the other hand, the foreman understands that it is better for him to purchase a circular machine right away, but it is very difficult to find a comfortable table that would meet all the requirements.
The circular table allows you to make a more accurate and even cut.
Thus, the idea is born to make a table for a hand-held circular saw with your own hands. In this area, true craftsmen have no limits.
For what work is a chisel necessary.
Read about a do-it-yourself tiller blade here.
Table lid: how much useful it can be
Circular saw application diagram.
For the saw itself, depending on the selected thickness of the tabletop, a saw cut is made with a depth of about 1 cm. The saw cut is made to fix the working table of the device itself around the perimeter. In order to do it, using a ruler, a simple pencil and the handsaw itself, mark the place where the device will be located.
There are several options for attaching the saw to the table. It all depends on what the goal is. If a person wants the saw to be freely dismantled if necessary, the mount should allow this, but at the same time be reliable.
To do this, around the marked perimeter of the saw’s working surface, limit bars with grooves are installed without forming a closed frame. This fixes the hand saw. But such a setting is applicable for small volumes of work and low speeds of the disk revolutions.
A more reliable fastening looks similar, but with this fastening, the bars are smaller: they are not 4, but 6 or 8, each fixed near a specific section of the bed, and if necessary, the master will have to unscrew the bolts near each such bar. Some attach the circular without wooden beams, screwing it directly to the table, making holes in the bed.
Turning the table top over, you can see the slot with the saw blade sticking out of it. The installation uses the locking function of the disk platform.
You can make a slot on the sawing table for a removable riving knife, which with a clamp will be attached next to the saw from the bottom side.
Simple cut-off machine
A cut-off machine based on an angle grinder can be made by hand in one day. For the machine, you need to choose a bed. A metal base plate. Fix the hinge on it. Weld the supporting frame with the angle grinder attachment plate to the hinge.
Any suitable part can be used as a hinge. In this case, the hinge is made from the swivel hinges of a passenger car. The hinges have already served their time, but they fit the machine very well.
Angle grinder stand
This device is a small machine with which you can easily, safely and very accurately cut metal pipes, profiles or rods. It consists of a base or a small table attached to the ground or to a locksmith’s table.
The machine is assembled in a simple sequence:
- We install a hinge on the base;
- We weld the supporting pipe to the hinge;
- We attach the U-shaped attachment plate to the angle grinder;
- We put on a rubber handle on the supporting pipe;
- Install the disk and check its position.
As a result of simple work, we got a machine or stand for an angle grinder. The angle grinder can now swivel up and down on the part set for cutting. To lift the angle grinder up without loads, we install a spring on the pipe.
Two fixing corners must be installed on the table. At the base of one corner, we make a groove for the bolt around the circumference. It will be needed when a pipe or profile needs to be cut at a certain angle. Then we set this corner with a slot at the same angle to the plane of the cutting disc of the angle grinder.
Parallel to the corner with the arc slot, we install a corner that can be moved to the part to fix it on the table. The pipe or profile will simply be nested between the two corners. This is sufficient for a fast and precise cut.
By installing the supporting transverse metal bar on the machine table, you can clean the material using a steel brush mounted on the angle grinder shaft.
What accessories for an angle grinder can be made by hand
The well-known angle grinder, with its cutting, grinding and cleaning capabilities, proved to be capable of several more functions. Expanding the functionality requires you to do some work with your own hands in order to get the devices you need for work.
- Circular Saw from Angle Grinder
- How to repair an angle grinder
- Do-it-yourself grinder
- DIY drill stand: drawings
Preparation of tools and materials
Having decided to make a table for a hand-held circular saw yourself, you need to take care of the availability of all the materials necessary for work:
- Film faced plywood (9 or 11 mm), size 800 mm by 800 mm;
- Chipboard 16 mm or other sheet material suitable for the manufacture of the case, sheet size 400 by 784 mm. 4 pieces;
- Bars 40 x 40 mm (length depends on the installation method);
- Self-tapping screws;
Any hand-held circular saw is suitable for such a table. It should be remembered that when attached to the table, the cutting depth decreases by 10–20 mm. So saws with small discs are not suitable for such a table.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used for cutting wood, plastic. Its cutting base is a flat metal disc with a serrated outer edge. Choosing such a tool, everyone decides for himself what kind he needs: desktop, manual, stationary. Many people prefer the manual option. However, in some situations it is necessary to secure the saw. In this case, you can make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, having the opportunity to fix the tool if necessary.
Step-by-step instructions for assembling a circular saw table
1. Manufacturing of the case. The sheet material for the body is cut to size: 400 mm by 800 mm. Parts are fastened using self-tapping screws and bars. It is better to carry out the assembly by pre-drilling the outer parts of the box. The result is a rectangular box without a bottom and a lid. The top of the blocks is then used to secure the plywood sheet.
2. Prepare and fix the plywood top. Slot holes. First, a piece of 800 mm by 80 mm is cut from a sheet of plywood. Next, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the saw that will be mounted on the tabletop. On the back of the plywood, markings are made. You will need 2 center axes. Without them, you cannot perform accurate markup. Then marks are applied to the plywood, corresponding to the dimensions of the support shoe. Then they make such measurements that the circular has: the diameter of the lower protective casing, its thickness, the maximum distance from the edges of the support shoe. In accordance with the obtained dimensions, they put marks and cut out a rectangular hole with a jigsaw.
3. Fixing the saw to the plywood table top. First, 4 holes are made in the shoe. Diameter. 10 mm. Then the tool is installed so that the working part goes into the cut hole. When the saw is aligned, mark the location of the holes. Marks are made in the central part. In order for the tool to stand securely, plow bolts with a countersunk cone head (M8) will be needed for fastening. To install them, you will have to take care of a high-quality deepening of the cap, it can protrude a maximum of 1 mm in an untightened state.
Plywood is drilled from the outside, the diameter of the holes obtained should be 8 mm, and then a countersink should be made under the head. When the holes are ready, the saw itself is installed on the sawing table for the circular saw, the bolts are tightened from the inside using nuts with plastic grovers or spring washers.
4. Fastening the table top to the body. Start button. First, at a distance of 30 mm, holes are made in the corners of the plywood tabletop. Then a hole is drilled in the central part of the bars. The parts are connected using a steel foot M8 by 18 mm. On the side part, the usual “Start. Start” button is installed. An electrical network is laid inside the body, and the button on the instrument itself is clamped.
5. Manufacturing of a thrust beam. A simple circular saw table will become much more convenient if you equip it with a persistent bar. The drawings contain all the dimensions you need. The beam can be made of plywood and secured with full extension furniture rails. The resulting beam should slide over the surface at a 90 ° angle to the cut plane with little clearance.
6. Stop for rip cuts. It is made from an aluminum curtain rod. At 150 mm from the edges, holes are first drilled for the bolts, and then 2 lines are drawn from the bolt attachment point to the axial mowing line. At the intersection and further towards the bolts, 12 mm holes are made at a distance of 30 mm. Tighten the bolts from below with nuts. And according to the drawn lines, they make cuts for the tonic, their width can be seen in the photo.
Information on how to make a table for a circular saw can be viewed at This will help you quickly and easily improve the equipment of your workshop.