How To Fix The Knife On The Trimmer
I want to devote today’s article to the sore topic of summer residents and gardeners of the entire post-Soviet space “How to refill a fishing line into a trimmer.” Not many trimmer manufacturers answer this question in their operating instructions. Therefore, it is difficult for ordinary gardeners to figure out how to do this correctly.
I want to start with a brief description of the technical characteristics of the trimmers.
So, trimmers are electric and gasoline. The cutting element of the trimmers can be a fishing line and a knife. The fishing line is ordinary, four. Pentahedral and intertwined (in the form of a pigtail). Knives come in 2, 3 and four blade blades. Knives are also plastic and metal.
The feed system of the fishing line from the trimmer is manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
Development engineers who create new models of trimmers clearly calculate the diameter (thickness) of the fishing line and the number of knife blades according to the power of the trimmers. Otherwise, the engine is overloaded, which as a result leads to its breakdown. And this is an additional and significant cost.
Today on the market are trimmers:
With one nozzle. Only fishing line. With two nozzles. Fishing line and three-four-blade knife. With one nozzle. Only a three-four-blade knife.
Our Kulibins long ago learned to improve any mechanisms. So, for example, some gardeners make successful, in their opinion, replacing the fishing line with a metal cable, or fishing line. But at the same time they do not think about the safety of their and their loved ones, because, as a cable with the power of a working trimmer, it can easily break out and not only injure the mower and others, but leave it crippled for life. Using fishing line can and gives a better effect, I have never personally tried it than fishing line for trimmer, but this work has a number of inconveniences: when it comes into contact with solid objects it dissolves or can simply be pulled out of the reel without limit.
So what is called closer to the topic. I give an example of how to fill a fishing line into a trimmer (BOSCH Art 30 trimmer). Everything is very simple. We started.
After you have chosen the fishing line for refueling, you need to cut off the necessary amount of fishing line, because all the fishing line in the skein is not wound into a reel.
Cut off and start winding.
Remove the coil and the protective cover from the coil.
They took off. We fix one end of the fishing line into the gap and carefully and evenly wind the fishing line.
The amount of fishing line should be such that the protective cover of the reel closes and the line on the reel unwinds itself a little.
The second end of the fishing line is planted in the hole on the protective cover.
Next, take the coil and the protective cover of the coil. We sink the end of the fishing line from the reel into the metal hole on the protective cover of the reel. Tighten the fishing line a little.
We put it all on the trimmer. Turn the coil clockwise until it clicks.
Secured. Now connect the trimmer to the network. We put the trimmer in the starting position for the job. Turn on the trimmer. The excess length of the fishing line will be cut off on the cutting blade.
That’s all starting work.
You can watch the
A little tip. Make sure that the fishing line does not come into contact with solid objects when cutting. With this contact, the fishing line will be cut. And since, in this trimmer, the fishing line is not fed automatically, then you have to stop the work each time, remove the reel and re-release the fishing line.
In my trimmer, in addition to the standard line for mowing the lawn, there is still provided a thick fishing line for mowing coarse weeds. It has the shape of a pigtail, i.E. Three fishing lines are tightly intertwined. Such a fishing line has its own reel.
Thick fishing line
It is stored at the top of the trimmer body.
Spare coil storage space
Installing such a fishing line into the reel is very simple. According to the internal circuit inside the reel. We insert the center of the fishing line with a metal mount at the top of the reel, and draw the ends of the fishing line along the grooves and bring it out.
Reinforced Fishing Line
Such a coil is attached to the trimmer as well as a reel with ordinary fishing line.
When choosing equipment for a summer cottage, it’s not always worth chasing powerful and dimensional devices. The power of the tool is, undoubtedly, an important parameter, but it certainly pulls the increased weight of the device, its large size, as well as the high price and increased fuel costs. But that’s not the point.
If you have a small garden in which fruit trees are densely planted or a small lawn with flower beds and shrubs, then cleaning it from weeds and mowing grass neatly is clearly an impossible task for any lawn mower. In such cases, even a hand tool. An ordinary scythe and that will not help: you just can not swing it, bumping into tree trunks.
The ideal solution in this case is a good and inexpensive electric trimmer. It is so light, convenient and easy to operate that it always becomes a favorite among women and older people. A lightweight, quietly buzzing electric motor, a handle with convenient handles and a nylon fishing line tucked into the spool are the main components of the electric trimmer.
Electric trimmer efficiency
The electric braid, which works from a household electrical network, is relevant on a plot of four to six hundred square meters, planted with trees, flowers, shrubs. It is convenient for her to gently mow the grass near the house or along the curb, mow the tracks, and an environmentally friendly motor that does not produce exhaust, gas and burning will make it possible to even remove weeds in any indoor environment. Greenhouse or greenhouse.
The trimmer cable limits the grass mowing radius, but can be increased with a standard extension cord. If this length is not enough for you, or the power supply parameters do not contribute to the normal operation of the electric motor, then you can purchase a kind of electric tool. A cordless trimmer. It works autonomously, the built-in battery lasts for half an hour or an hour of intensive work. Enough to mow the trees in the garden. The motor at the trimmer can be placed at the top of the tool or at the bottom. Upper-motor trimmers work well on bumpy and uneven terrain. They are also well balanced and can work with tall and wet grass. A short circuit will not occur. The convenience of working with it is also enhanced by a single-arm loop, which is hung on the shoulder. The lower motor trimmer can only be used for wet grass and for flat areas. Often, lower motor trimmers operate on a battery.
How to use a trimmer
The household trimmer is the easiest to use and at the same time very effective tool. It seems that there is nowhere easier. To plug the instrument into a power outlet and work. But still there are some nuances that you need to know in order for the trimmer to work long and productively.
1. Site preparation. It is necessary to carefully examine the mowing area and remove all foreign objects. Stones, glass, wire, etc. Suddenly flying out from under the fishing line during operation, such an object can cause injury.
2. Installation of a cutting system. There are low-power trimmers that can only work with fishing line, mowing soft and juicy grass. They do not need to install a cutting system. But some models of trimmers, in which the motor has 1 kW and more power, can work with a knife. If there are hard weeds or even small bushes on the plot, you need to unscrew the nut of the working mount and install a cutting knife. Then tighten the nut firmly with a wrench.
3. Before starting work. It is very important to wear safety glasses when working with the trimmer, because even if you cleaned the area from debris, plant stalks and grass can fly into your eyes. The same stems, grass and branches can hurt your hands, so it is advisable to wear gloves. We simply plug the electric trimmer into the network, but the battery trimmer needs to be charged for several hours before work. Then, if there is a shoulder mount, hang it on the shoulder, knapsack. On both shoulders. We conveniently grab the trimmer by the handles: the D-shaped handle needs to be tightly wrapped around the palm of your hand, and the garden trimmer with the bicycle handle (U-shaped) should be held firmly with both hands. The trimmer must be held above the grass so that the spool with fishing line or knife is parallel to the ground. Turn on the start.
4. How to mow. The rotation of the cutting mechanism occurs counterclockwise. Thus, in order for the cut grass to fall on the already mowed area, easily, with simple movements, we carry out the trimmer in front of us, from right to left. To remove the rest of the grass, you should make a movement to another side. From left to right. If the area is even and large, break it into imaginary squares and mow, moving along the outside of such a square. If the site is on a slope, then you need to start mowing from the bottom of the lawn, passing across the site. In one side. Having reached the edge, you need to go back and mow in the same direction, in parallel. If there are a lot of trees on the site, mow only with fishing line, otherwise you can cut the tree trunk with a knife. In such a garden, it is best to mow around the perimeter, bypassing the tree in a circle.
5. Shutdown. Turn off the engine and remove the shoulder straps. This is not a complete shutdown. It is necessary to carefully clean the spool and knife from the remnants of grass. Then fold the trimmer if it is telescopic or collapsible and hide it until the next mowing.
The fishing line also has its secrets.
The fishing line is wound around the spool inside the reel, and its tips are exposed. When mowing, the spool rotates, and the line, with this rotation, cuts off the grass. To release the tips you need to lightly tap the coil on the ground (semi-automatic system), there are automatic reels in which the fishing line is released by itself. When working with fishing line there are also several rules:
In order not to damage the fishing line and reel. Try not to touch the reel and fishing line of various solid materials. Paths, borders, fences. From this fishing line is prematurely shortened, the coil may be damaged or even jam the engine. The spool with fishing line should also not touch the ground.
Mowing with tips is more efficient. If you mow the entire length of the fishing line, you can overload the engine. In addition, this reduces the efficiency of mowing. The tool must be held so that it mows only the ends of the fishing line. To do this, tilt it forward. Towards mowing.
Tall grass requires several mowing. If the grass is above 20 centimeters, then one mowing will not do here. Need to mow two to three times, from top to bottom. This is done so that the grass does not wrap around the reel. Wound grass is a guaranteed overheating of the engine. If the grass is still wound, you need to stop the tool and clean it.
The fishing line ran away and hid in a reel. This option when working happens if you did not release the line from the reel on time. After all, the line when mowing is erased and shortened. If you do not have time to release it, then stop the engine, turn off the tool from the network, and then disassemble the spool and pass the ends of the fishing line into the desired holes.
What does the consumption of fishing line depend on? It must be remembered that the line wears out faster if the grass is tough. Therefore, you need to release it more often when mowing weeds and dry hard grass. Around the foundation of the house, near the wall and the curb, the consumption of fishing line will also be greater than directly on the lawn or near trees. It is worth considering: if you work carefully and accurately, the consumption of trimmer line will be optimal and economical.