How to insert the spring into the starter brushcutter
Starter for brushcutter. the device manual and electric
Motor blocks are known for their design features. In particular, the fact that they use two starters at once. The auxiliary or spring starter helps the main starter to start properly and quickly. But if the auxiliary starter suddenly fails, then we have to think about how to repair the manual starter. Perhaps even with their own hands.
By the way, the spring version is not the only one. Manual starter on a single axle tractor is fairly common, it is common in Russia. It is much easier to use. It is easier to install, even if the user does it with his own hands. It has quite an uncomplicated design:
- drum body;
- spring, or rather, as many as two: large and small;
- the cord;
- bolts and nuts, without which neither a mechanical nor an electric starter can be assembled.
When assembled, it looks as follows: the cord is attached to the spool, and it is fastened to the core of the reel housing. There is a special space inside the drum, where the big spring is located around the axle. It is responsible for making sure that after cranking the starter returns to its previous position.
Installing the starter on a single axle tractor
There are different designs of starters:
The most common is the manual starter to the power tiller, t. к. this device is very easy to put on a single-axle tractor, and its repair is not difficult to do yourself. If such a device is used properly, its durability is several years.
Let’s consider what elements make up the starter for the power tiller:
- The body, which has the shape of a drum;
- Springs: large and small;
- fasteners parts.
In the center of the drum there is a spool, on which the cord is fixed. The large spring is located in the body around the axis and is designed to return the spool to its original position after spinning.
The mechanism of this device is simple enough, it can be assembled with your own hands.
The work of the motoblock with a manual starter is as follows. The driver starts the mechanism by pulling the handle of the device. This device begins to work and starts the engine. In order for the device to successfully transmit the initial rotation to the motor, the handle of the device must be pulled twice.
But despite the fact that the manual starter on a single-axle tractor is considered a reliable device, it also sometimes fails. If the design breaks, its repair can be made by yourself.
Problems with the starter motor appear at some point on any trimmer
The spark plug for a lawn mower or gasoline grass trimmer is a mechanical assembly that includes a pulley attached to a ratchet. On the pulley in the initial position is wound a rope. When you start it stretches outward. The pulley is spring loaded. if you let go of the end of the rope, it will coil back. A flat ribbon coiled up into a ring is used as a spring. It reminds one of the springs in a big mechanical watch that is wound up once a day. The starter itself is placed more often on the back than closer to the front end of the mower or grass trimmer. In order to correctly create all manipulations with the starter for lawn mowers, you should know the features of the device and installation.
READ Spark plug for Husqvarna grass trimmer
How to tension the spring
If the starter spring material was poor quality, the spring breaks (usually at its connection to the drum, where it forms a loop). It is not necessary to replace the spring in this case. It is enough to carefully clean its surface from dirt and traces of grease, carefully grind the place of destruction, then release the spring at 600 650°C (steel spring should get crimson color). The spring should be cooled slowly, and at 100 150ºC you can gently roll its end to the shape of the limiting ledge on the inner surface of the drum (steel will get the necessary plasticity) and put it in place. chain saw starter repair chainsaw how to tension chain correctly. The elastic properties of the spring will not change.
PYM spring tensioning
The spring is tensioned when the cloth is put on the drum. The procedure for tensioning and adjusting the PIM is as follows:
- Drawing springs (included) are put on the blade;
- the spring mechanism is tightened (the number of revolutions depends on the diameter of the shaft and the mass-size characteristics of the blade. you can find out the approximate number of revolutions from a special table);
- the spring is fixed by special stoppers;
- the traction springs are tucked into the shaft in the special slots located at the ends of the shaft;
- the spring stopper is removed;
- check the smoothness and speed of the webbing (it is necessary to hold it by hand to prevent the stoppers on the bottom lamella from hitting the edge of the box and, if the stoppers are not installed yet, to avoid the complete winding of the webbing on the shaft).
In order to match the holes for fixing the cord in the pulley and the body, you may have to make a few more turns. The new rope is fed through the hole in the sheave and looped or knotted to make it slip out of the sheave. Lay the rope aside so that it does not interfere with later work. Next, it is necessary to fix the pulley.
The soft-start spring must first be installed. It can be used the old one, if no damage is found in it. or a new one if replacement is necessary. Install the starter clip over the spring, which is secured with a special screw. In the article we will tell you how to adjust how to adjust the carburetor on the chainsaw video. It holds the clamp securely in place for a long time, preventing it from twisting and wobbling. I have dangling carburetor mounting studs on my chainsaw blade how to change it? After that you need to make a few coils of rope and run it inside. The cover with the assembled starter set in place. With the help of screws make its fixation.
Once the repair and reassembly are complete, you can start working. Self-repair starter does not take much time and does not require complex skills, but it saves time and money if you perform such work in the service center.
The chainsaw should be repaired responsibly and timely preventive maintenance checks should be made, and the quality of fuel and oil used should be monitored. These uncomplicated manipulations will increase the duration of the tool in operation.
Repair the spring
The procedure for repairing the starter system spring:
- Remove the starter from the tool housing.
- Remove the protective cap.
- Wrap the cord around the end of the pulley to avoid cranking the mechanism.
- Insert the cord through the hole in the cover plate.
- Extend the cord by 17-20 cm to check that the pulley springs are turning.
- Check the spring action after pulling and releasing the mechanism.
- Unscrew the pulley circle from the side of the alternator by removing the 3 mounting bolts.
- Dismantle the pulley and cord.
- Check the condition of the parts for wear and tear and check for damage and breaks. If the spring break is small, the defect can be repaired by welding.
The main faults of the grass trimmer starter
It is not difficult to determine the cause of the breakdown of the starter. There are several basic options:
These parts are shown in the picture below.
It may happen that the starter mechanism will be accidentally broken. The consequences will be dire if the torn cord wrapped around the flywheel running ICE: then the spring will burst, the pulley torn. But such cases, when a complete replacement of the starter unit is required, are very rare. In most cases, to fix the mechanism, it is enough to put a new spring or replace the cord.
Removing and disassembling the starter, replacing broken parts
To make repairs to the grass trimmer starter, you will need to first disassemble it, and then reassemble it. This process is not particularly difficult. You need a screwdriver with a tip of the right shape.
Everything should be done carefully, observing safety precautions, mainly to ensure that the spring, if accidentally dislodged, does not injure the master.
Disassembling the starter unit
Disassemble the starting mechanism in order to install new parts in place of the broken ones in the following sequence:
To change the spring, you must work carefully and carefully: it can, under the influence of the force caused by setting it in place, accidentally burst. Even if you remove the roller carefully, the spring band comes off the coil very quickly and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
It is not always possible to put the springing plate back in its place immediately. It often slips, so you need to repeat attempts to achieve the desired result.
Reassembling the starter
Assembling the starter unit is carried out in a series of steps:
When performing the above manipulations, you must necessarily put two washers. If this is not done, the spring will eventually damage the plastic cup, and when it is tightened, it will begin to jam. This makes it feel like the spring is coming off. To eliminate such a defect, you need to install this part of a longer length or an additional washer.
There are times when the starter still works, but, for example, a worn cord can break. The compression has not yet triggered when the engine starts, and the rest of the cord immediately winds up on the reel, the return spring loses its hooks, the grooves in the starter housing break. The result is the replacement of both the springs and the housing.
READ Coil For Grass Trimmer Pa6 30gf How to Disassemble
If the hedge trimmer or grass trimmer model has long been discontinued, it is difficult to find exactly the same parts, and the starter will completely change.
Removing and disassembling the starter, replacing broken parts
To repair the grass trimmer starter, it must first be disassembled and then reassembled. This process is not particularly difficult. You will need to work the form of a screwdriver.
Everything should be done carefully, taking precautions, especially so that the spring, in the case of accidental departure, does not injure the owner.
Disassembly of the starter unit
Disassemble the starter mechanism to install the new parts in place of the broken parts in the following sequence:
- Unscrew the screw that secures the pulley to the starter cover with a screwdriver;
- Remove the spring and the tendrils;
- Carefully remove the pulley (you must turn your head or work, wearing goggles and gloves beforehand);
- Determine why the trigger went off;
- If the spring has collapsed almost completely, replace it;
- When the spring is out of the hook, it is installed in its former place, pre-bending the antenna (photos show the installation process);
- Once the spring plate is in place inside the groove, carefully screw it in.
To change the spring, the work must be done carefully and carefully: it can accidentally explode under the force caused by actuating it. Even if you carefully remove the roller, the spring band very quickly comes off the coil and can hurt your hand with its sharp edges.
It is not always possible to put the spring plate in place immediately. This often slips, so attempts must be repeated to achieve the desired result.
Assembly of the starter
Assemble the launcher in several steps:
- The coil is turned over, installing it so that the spring bend fits exactly into the groove of the housing, as shown in the photo below;
- Put the two washers together with the spring between them;
- Put in place the cup with the tendrils;
- Tighten the screw (photo below).
While doing the above manipulation, it is necessary to put two washers. If this is not done, the spring will eventually damage the plastic cup and when removed it will begin to jam. It makes you feel like spring has arrived. To correct this flaw, you need to install this longer piece or an extra washer.
When such details are not enough, you can simply loosen the screw a little, and the starter assembly will work without fixation. But this option is only temporary. It is best to repair it as soon as possible.
After installing the spring, tighten it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Remove the handle from the starter cord;
- The rope is then inserted into the slot in the spool;
- The spring is tightened by turning the coil in the opposite clockwise direction (winding);
- Make the required number of revolutions specified in the instruction manual of the grass trimmer model you are using, and the appropriate length of cord to use;
- At the very end, the rope is lowered into the hole provided for this purpose in the starter cover;
- Place the handle in place, securing it with the knot.
If the spring continues to fly after repairs, you can get rid of it in the following ways:
- Insert the appropriate piece of plate into the slot at the location of the spring hook;
- Drill holes on both sides of the groove in the spool, in which you must insert the spring hook, and secure it with wire.
Replacing a torn cord
A torn cord is replaced in the following sequence:
- The old cord is removed;
- Choose a rope of the right size (thickness and length);
- By passing it through a special hole located in the spool, tie a knot;
- Spring valve producing the required number of revolutions;
- Fasten the handle
It is best to tighten the spring plate together with the rope, so that the edge of the cord does not twist inside the starter mechanism.
Assemble the starter on the trimmer is not difficult and wind the spring, but it must be done carefully and cautiously. For different models of gasoline engines, the breakdowns of starting mechanisms are the same, so they are repaired in the same way. However, there are some nuances associated with their design features.
Replacing a torn cord
A torn rope is replaced in the following sequence:
- The old cord is removed;
- Choose the right size of rope (thickness and length);
- Passing it through a special hole, located in the coil, tie a knot;
- Wind up the spring, making the desired number of revolutions;
- fasten the handle.
It is better to do the tension of the spring plate with a partner, so that the edge of the cord does not wrinkle inside the starter mechanism.
Assemble the starter on the trimmer and wind the spring is not difficult, but it should be done with care and caution. For different models of chain saws starter breakdowns are similar, so they are repaired in the same way. In this case, there are some aspects related to their design features.
Remove and disassemble the starter, replace the broken parts
To make a trimmer starter repair for grass, you will need to first disassemble and then assemble. This process is not particularly difficult. You need a screwdriver with a tip of the right shape for the work.
It must be done safely and with care, mainly so that the spring does not injure the machine operator if it is thrown out accidentally.
Disassembly of the starter unit
Disassemble the starting mechanism to install new parts in place of the broken in the following sequence:
- unscrew with a screwdriver the screw that fixes the pulley with the starter cover;
- take out the spring and the tendrils;
- Remove the pulley neatly (you need to turn your head or work, wearing goggles and gloves);
- determine why the starter mechanism is broken;
- if the spring has collapsed almost completely, it is replaced;
- When the spring is out of the hook, it is installed in its original place, having bent the tendons before (the photos show the process of laying);
In order to match the cord fixing holes in the pulley and housing, it may be necessary to make a few more turns. The new rope is put through the technological hole and make a loop or knot: this will allow it to slip out of the pulley. The rope is taken aside so it does not interfere with further work. Next, it is necessary to fix the pulley.
the soft starter spring in place. Husqvarna lawnmower starter kit. It can be used the same way as before, if no damage is detected. or new if necessary. Install the starter clip on top of the spring, which is secured with a special screw. It securely holds the clamp for a long time, not allowing it to warp and sway. After that you need to make a few turns of the rope and run it inward. Replace the cover with the assembled starter motor. The screws are used to fasten it.
After repair and assembly, you may start your work. Self-repair starter does not take much time and does not require complex skills, but it saves time and money if you do such work in the service center.
To repair your chain saw it is important to do preventive maintenance and check the quality of fuel and oil you use in good time. These uncomplicated manipulations will increase the duration of the tool in operation.
How to replace or replace the starter spring?
If all was fine with the rope on the starter, suspicion falls on the coil itself. It is driven by a coiled band spring. To change the spring, you need to take certain steps.
- Remove the starter from the hedge trimmer.
- Remove the starter coil.
- Unscrew the main bolt that holds the pulley to the housing.
- Pull out the take-up arms and spring, the band spring will almost straighten out or fold into a larger diameter ring.
- Hold it in advance.
- Check the virgin spring (there may be rust spots, cracks, etc. Д.). If the hooks on its ends are broken, new ones cannot be bent. The high-carbon steel breaks when you try to bend it. Loose hooks are suitable for easy bending.
- Check that the auxiliary spring and washers are in place. These parts protect the coil frame from piercing the ends of the main spring. If the washers and spring are broken, but no new ones are available, do not tighten the coil bolt, but keep an eye on it. it can swell and lose.
- If the main (flat) spring is damaged, insert an identical new spring. Place the hook on the end of the spring on the end of the spring and bend it, inserting the coil into the space where it should be.
The spring is rewound in one minute. Dexterity in this action is fast.
To replace or replace the starter spring, watch the following video.
Grass trimmer starter repair with their own hands: disassembly and reassembly, replacing the cord, winding the spring
Gasoline grass trimmer starter repair may be needed at the most inopportune moment. In this case, the problem can be solved in two ways: replace the broken part or replace the entire unit. The latter option will cost more.
To repair the device with your own hands in most cases you need only a screwdriver with the appropriate tip. Repair work does not take much time and does not require special knowledge.
It is enough to know the device, the principle of operation, the nuances of assembly and disassembly of the starter on the trimmer to achieve the desired positive result.
Design and working principle of the starter motor on a trimmer
The gasoline engine is, in principle, the main part of the brushcutter Its power lies in the range of 0.5-2.5 liters.с. The movement from it is transmitted to the shaft, which is located inside the hollow rod, and then through the gearbox, consisting of gears, to the line or knife (working body).
The lawnmower also has the following parts:
- protective cover;
- belt, designed for the convenience of using the device;
- the starter, which is used to start the gasoline internal combustion engine.
All parts of the brushcutter are presented in the photo below.
Starter on a trimmer is an essential part that performs engine starting. It is shown separately in the two photos below.
Starter mechanisms of different models of chain saws work on the same principle: when starting the engine, the tabs, marked in the photo above with the number 1, engage in a catch with the pawls 3. When the engine is running, they return to their previous position because of the centrifugal force. The wires 2 play a similar role.
The process of resetting the elements of the mechanism is due to the presence of a spring which is wound around the axle. It unwinds when the rope is pulled. After the cord is released, it retracts and winds up due to the coiling of the spring. When the lawn mower’s internal combustion engine starts, the starter mechanism turns its shaft until it starts working (starts).
Nowadays petrol brushcutters are equipped with two types of starter mechanisms:
The first variant is much more common.
The starter on a trimmer can work without failure for a long time. It is impossible to unambiguously specify the period of failure-free operation. Everything is determined by the initial quality of the device and compliance with the rules for handling it.
The main malfunctions of the grass trimmer starter
It is not difficult to determine the starter unit failure cause. There are several basic options:
These parts are shown in the photo below.
It is possible that the starter mechanism is accidentally broken. The consequences will turn out to be deplorable, if the broken rope winds around the flywheel of a working ICE: then the spring will burst, the pulley will tear.
But such cases, when you need a complete replacement of the starter unit, occur very rarely. In most cases, in order to repair the mechanism, it is enough to put a new spring or replace the cord.
Removing and disassembling the starter, replacing broken parts
To repair the starter trimmer for grass, you will need to first disassemble it, and then assemble. The process is not especially difficult. To work you will need a screwdriver with a tip of the right shape.
Do everything should be done carefully, observing safety precautions, mainly so that the spring in the case of an accidental escape did not injure the master.
Disassembly of the starter unit
Disassemble the starter mechanism in order to install new parts in place of the broken ones in the following sequence:
- unscrew the screw fixing the pulley with the starter cover with a screwdriver;
- take out the spring and the tendons;
- Remove carefully the pulley (you need to turn the head or work, wearing gloves and goggles beforehand);
- determine why the starting mechanism is broken;
- If the spring is almost completely destroyed, it is replaced;
- when the spring is out of the hook, it is installed in its original place, having bent the tendons before (the photos show the stowage process);
To change the spring, work carefully and carefully: It can burst accidentally under the force of setting it in place. Even if you carefully remove the roller, the springy strip quickly flies off the spool and can injure your hand with its sharp edges.
Immediately put in its place springing plate is not always possible. It often slips, so the attempts should be repeated until the desired result is achieved.
Assembling the starter
The starter unit is assembled in a series of steps:
Repairing the lawnmower with your own hands: a breakdown of faults and troubleshooting methods.
The secrets of how to handle the technique
Acquire this tool for mowing grass on the household territory and owners of private houses. The period of active use of chain saws and electric trimmers falls on the summer period.
Before operating the tool is brought into working condition: rubbing parts are lubricated, cutting headsets are changed, the fuel mixture is filled into the tank. If the engine does not start at all or quickly stalls without picking up enough speed, you have to look for the causes of the problems and eliminate the detected faults.
In order to repair the lawnmower with your own hands, you need to understand its structure and the principle of operation of the main nodes.
This information can be found in the instruction manual, which the manufacturer attaches to the garden equipment on a mandatory basis.
Check for this manual when purchasing a chain saw. Imported tool must be accompanied by the instruction, written in Russian.
How a petrol lawnmower works
A long tubular rod attaches to the gearbox of a two-stroke internal combustion engine. There is a shaft inside the boom that transmits torque from the gasoline motor to the cutting mechanism. line for the trimmer or knives rotate with a frequency of 10000 to 13000 revolutions per minute. There are holes in the protective housing of the gearbox into which lubricant can be injected with a syringe.
For ease of use, the tool is equipped with an adjustable strap that can be slung over your shoulder. A cutting attachment is provided with the chain saws: the trimmer line, which varies in thickness from 1.6 to 3 mm, is located in the trimmer head.
The trimmer line is subject to wear and tear while cutting the grass. Change the line quickly and easily in two ways: by winding a line of the same diameter on the bobbin or by mounting a new spool with a wound line.
Double-sided steel blades for clearing the lawn from weeds, small bushes, tough grass. Blades differ in shape as well as the number of cutting surfaces. The U-, D- or T-handle, which is attached to the shaft, supports the control levers of the chain saw. The cutting attachment is enclosed by a special hood.
Household trimmers are filled with a gasoline-oil mix in the fuel tank. The design of semi-professional and household brushcutter, equipped with a quadruple gasoline engine, is slightly different. The way of filling is also different: oil is poured into the crankcase and petrol into the tank.
What to do if the engine does not start
- If the mower fails to start, the first thing to do is to check the presence of fuel in the tank and its quality.
- For filling the tool it is recommended to use quality gasoline, purchased at gas stations, which brand should not be lower than Ai-92.
It is equally important to properly prepare a fuel mixture of gasoline and oil. The proportions of these components in the mixture are given by the manufacturer in the manual.
Do not mix large quantities of fuel, because its properties disappear after a long period of storage. It is better to use freshly prepared mixture.
The fuel filter in the tank can also block the lawn mower’s engine. Therefore, if you have problems with starting the engine, check the condition of the filter.
if necessary, change the filter. Do not leave the inlet without the fuel filter.
The air filter also needs to be checked. If dirty, the part is removed, washed in gasoline in the field and put back in place.
In the country house or at home, the filter can be washed in water, using detergents. Then rinse, squeeze and dry the filter.
the dried filter is moistened with a small amount of oil used for preparation of the fuel mixture. Excess oil is removed by squeezing the filter by hand.
Then reassemble the part. The removed cover is put back and secured with screws.
If all the above procedures are done and the engine will not start, adjust its idle speed by turning the carburetor screw. The video at the beginning of this article focuses on this issue.
Tips for starting the machine quickly
- Lay the tool on its side so that the air filter is at the top. This positioning of the chainsaw ensures that the fuel mixture reaches exactly the bottom of the carburettor. The engine will start at the first attempt if you remove the air filter and pour a few drops of mixture into the carburettor before starting, then put the dismantled parts back in place. Method tested in practice;
- If the first tip does not work, the problem is probably the spark plug. In this case, unscrew the spark plug and check its performance and dry the combustion chamber. Replace the spark plug that does not show signs of life with a new one;
- if the spark plug is in good condition, filters are clean and fuel mixture is fresh, you can use the universal way to start the engine. Close the carburettor choke and pull the starter grip once. Then open the choke and pull the starter two or three more times. Repeat the procedure three to five times. The engine is sure to start.
Some with such force pull the handle that you have to make repairs on the starter lawnmower with his hands. This is only possible if the cable is torn or the cable handle is broken.
In other cases, it is recommended that the starter be replaced. This unit is sold as a complete assembly.
How to replace the spark plug correctly
- stop the engine and wait for it to cool;
- Disconnect the high-voltage wire from the spark plug;
- unscrew the part, using a special wrench;
- inspect the spark plug for replacement. The part is replaced if it is defective, badly dirty, has a crack on the body;
- check the electrode gap. Its value should be 0,6 mm;
- tighten the new spark plug, inserted into the engine, using a wrench;
- install the high-voltage wire on the center electrode of the spark plug.
Starter and gearbox failures
The gearbox transmits the torque from the motor shaft to the cutting tool; its gears must be absolutely clean during operation and must be lubricated with a special grease.
Own inspection once a season will save you from having to repair the gearbox or replace it with an expensive new unit.
Starter is needed to bring trimmer for grass in working condition, its diagnosis is to check the tension of the cord meshing with the teeth of the starter coil, which are often destroyed at a sharp start.
A defective starter motor in a chain saw is not repairable and must be replaced with a working unit as part of the obligatory maintenance inspection or repair program.
Separate attention and care require cutting elements, which should always be cleaned of dirt and grass clippings after operation. Regular inspection and careful preparation of the device for work will help to avoid expensive and time-consuming repair, always be sure of the mower performance.
Minor engine repairs: replacing the starter cord on a Briggs mower
Always follow the service and maintenance instructions when doing repairs or maintenance work on the equipment. Guides can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
In this video, I will replace the starter cord on a Briggs Stratton 650 Series mower engine. Mower cord handle is attached to the handle of the mower itself. The starter cord for this engine is 7 feet long. The length of the cord may vary slightly, it depends on the stiffness of the cord. If the cord used is too stiff, the cord could kink. If this happens, cut the cord to 6.5 feet and try again. Tools used:. wrenches. head set. Phillips and straight screwdriver. fine pliers. lighter or matches In this video I’m going to show you how to replace the starter cord on the 650 series Briggs Stratton mower engines. This is a common motor for this series. The cord goes here, to this part on the handle, and you actually start pulling from here. The length of the starter cord should be about 2 meters, this is a safe length. I measured the cord that we have here and cut it into 2 meters. Lace number 4.5. It is important to take the right size, because if you use too thick. It will not be well tucked into the mower. If you pull this trimmed cord. Those cords will start to come out. So you need to, melt the ends of these threads with a lighter or match to warm them up and melt them and then slide them down with your fingers like this. and on both ends. This will make installation much easier and prevent untwisting of the rope. The next thing to do is to attach the cord to the handle you are pulling. Insert it through the handle and pull. If you can’t tuck it in, you can use tweezers to grasp the cord and pull out. Now make a knot at the end. and tighten it back into the handle by a couple of centimeters. Now we need to remove the cover from the engine. On this engine we first remove this decorative part and put it aside. And on this engine, the gas tank is attached with three bolts on top and one on the side. We need to take the gas tank off to get to the shroud. Now the bolt on the side. You can just hang the gas tank nearby. There is also one more bracket that we will need to remove. This is the oil level gauge tube. To take it off. Now we can remove the shroud. It’s fastened with four 10-bolts, you’ll need a socket. 2 bolts at the front and 2 at the back. And now you can remove the shroud. This is the kickstarter assembly with the return mechanism, right here there is a small hole where the cord goes. and here on the outside this cord goes into this assembly. You want the mechanism to rotate counterclockwise. It takes about 7 turns to start, and then after the mechanism is wound, you can let go of the rope. So let’s do that. See. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Once you’ve got the spring in place, you can take the cord and pull it through the hole. I might need some tweezers to do that. Then once I’ve pulled through the hole I can take the screwdriver and block the rotation of the mechanism The screwdriver will keep the mechanism from spinning so I can tie the knot. The usual assembly like we did on the handle. Then remove the screwdriver and hold the cord and let the mechanism return to its original state. That’s it. Now you can put the cover back together. To reassemble, just put the shroud back in place. Screw the 4 bolts back in, 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The socket screwdriver is great for tightening small bolts. But be careful not to overtighten them. Attach the dipstick to the shroud. And attach the fuel tank. Three bolts at the top and one bolt at the side. And then install this decorative panel. Now you can pull the cord and pull it out. I removed the spark plugs from the engine, so you can demonstrate this in the video. At any rate, pull it out and attach it to the hook of the handle. That’s it. Let’s see if we can launch it by holding the camera. Briefly. what i did. for this type of mower, i used a 4.5 m cord, 2 meters long, and when i took the cover off, i screwed the return mechanism 7 times before i put the cord in. That’s actually all you need to do, it’s quite a simple job. I hope you find this video useful and thanks for watching. _