How To Install Trimmer On Pvc Boat
Which fisherman doesn’t dream of having a boat? If funds are available, the boat is purchased first. Unfortunately, not every fisherman can afford such an expensive “pleasure”. Therefore, you have to fish in those conditions that correspond to reality, although dreaming is never harmful.
Nowadays, almost all boats are made not of rubber, but of PVC material, since it is more reliable and more stable against the action of the natural environment. Despite this, the PVC boat requires some care, otherwise it will not last long. This is especially true in the winter, when no one uses the boat and she has to be in such conditions for several months.
The presence of low temperatures, when the PVC material no longer has such flexibility, damage to the vehicle is possible. It will be difficult to repair it, and the boat will not be so reliable anymore. Over, if somewhere there is water left that, when freezing, tears even metal. Therefore, it is very important to know how to properly store the boat in the winter so that it lasts for many years.
Preparing a PVC boat for storage in winter
Before putting the boat into storage, it is necessary to carry out a number of preparatory operations. For instance:
- The first thing to do is to clear the boat of extraneous formations, in the form of growths of aquatic vegetation and other dirt. In this case, remove all dirt and sand from hard-to-reach places. To do this, you will have to carefully work with a special brush.
- The boat is washed with special detergents. In extreme cases, you can use soap. After that, the boat is filled with air and dried in this state.
- All devices that were used with the boat are also cleaned and dried. However, it is advisable not to damage them.
- An equally important stage is the choice of a place for its storage. The place must be spacious so that the boat can fit in the inflated floor. If this is not possible, then the boat can be stored in a freely folded state so that no cracks appear on it. It is not recommended to store the PVC boat in a tightly folded state.
- The storage location should be as flat as possible so that the boat does not accidentally fall and become damaged.
- If everything is done correctly, you can forget about the boat until next summer, when the new fishing season opens.
Equally important are the conditions in which the boat is stored.
- The PVC boat does not have a large list where the storage parameters of the boat are indicated: nevertheless, the PVC material is quite strong and stable. And yet, there are requirements, but they are feasible. So, the storage space should be spacious and well ventilated.
- In the winter, it is not advisable that the boat be near heating radiators or other heaters so as not to damage the material.
- It is not recommended to install heavy objects on the boat if it is stored.
- The instructions indicate that the optimum temperature for storing the boat is in the range of 6-16 degrees. Therefore, minus temperatures are not desirable, as well as high plus temperatures.
- The most suitable place for storage in the apartment is considered a pantry.
- After a storage period, the boat should be carefully inspected. It is not a fact that the boat will leave this regime without flaws, especially if the storage conditions did not meet the recommended ones.
Is conservation necessary?
Preservation of the product is necessary if the storage conditions are not suitable or do not correspond to the necessary. In this case, it will have to be preserved. Unlike inflatable rubber boats, this process does not take much time, just like the process of de-preservation.
Are the garage conditions for storing a PVC boat?
To answer this question, you must have the necessary information. For example, is a garage heated? If it is heated, it is not difficult to create conditions for storing the boat in the garage. If the garage is not heated, then the conservation process is indispensable. And another, but very important nuance is the presence of rodents, who love PVC material. If you do not take measures to neutralize them, they will make a sieve out of the boat.
In addition, different liquids that can affect boat material can usually be stored in garages.
If the requirements are considered feasible, then:
- The boat should be free and not attached to any spare parts or parts.
- The boat can be hung by the nose, as it will take up much less space. If the height of the garage allows, then the boat can be suspended at all, then it will not take up space at all. Over, rodents will not reach her in limbo.
- If rodents appear from time to time, then traps can be set on them. To prevent rodents from appearing in the garage, it is not recommended to store food or vegetables in it.
- In severe frosts, when the garage is below freezing temperature, you can’t move the boat from place to place, as this can harm it.
The idea of a very light outboard motor for small boats, including the simplest ones. Rubber is of interest to many hunters and fishermen today. It is important to note that the cost of such a motor is quite high and maintenance, however, like the details. In this case, many very often began to use motor trimmers, which are now very popular and common.
- What is a nozzle for remaking a trimmer into an outboard motor
- Working principle
- Is it worth buying a nozzle for remaking trimmer into an outboard motor
- The benefits of trimmers
What is a nozzle for remaking trimmer in boat engine
Principle of operation
The trimmer has a higher speed of rotation of the blades, which makes it possible to move through the water at a higher speed, which will allow you to start fishing faster than with a motor. Everyone saw how the trimmer works. How the lawn and ordinary grass are cut, but here, its blades are turned in the opposite direction and at the same time, it performs the function of the most economical motor.
But if the trimmer is lower, the speed will be lower. But the main drawback of the trimmer compared to ordinary boat motors is that they are very loud and should not be used to the full if you do not want to scare away the fish.
Is it worth buying a nozzle for remaking trimmer into an outboard motor
It is impossible to give an unequivocal answer to this question, since someone is very used to the motors on boats, while others have never used them. At the same time, if you want a really powerful boat, then naturally the most profitable and effective solution is to install a standard trimmer. But it is worth considering that this option is universal. As mentioned above. The most important thing is to correctly combine.
Many experts recommend blades similar to the blades of your old motor. It is very important that it is necessary to install in strict accordance with the instructions.
In addition, you should pay attention to the moment that you must take extra fuel with you, as well as a regular lawn mower, you should be given the opportunity to “rest” since due to very long use, the trimmer motor can simply fail directly on the water.
The larger the blades, the more effective the trimmer will be.
Alteration of lawn mowers is as follows:
Initially, there is an alteration of the main bent shaft: first, a regular nut is removed from the bobbin with a special fishing line. It is a small tube, the length of which is 20 mm.
At the same time, the nut must be preserved, since the thread on the lawn mowers is unusual and it is almost impossible to find the same.
Then the plastic pad with the keys is removed. After that, at the very end of the most bent pipe there is a standard bronze bushing (often called a plain bearing). It must be carefully cut out, after that the stern shaft must be removed, the nut and the metal shaft unscrewed.
The most important thing is to choose the right blades. Here, everything directly depends on what dimensions your boat has.
It is very important to pay attention to the factor that the best solution would be to enter “engines on a boat” in the search and go to the website where the engines are sold and ask a consultant who will offer you his help on the first website you get. You say your own dimensions car, and then, when you get a suitable motor, you need to look at the technical specifications and find out the dimensions of the blades.
Many naturally ask why it is a trimmer. It has a number of undeniable advantages:
- Very powerful;
- Has the main controls: starter, throttle;
- It is supplemented specially by the “foot”, which allows you to adjust the power.