How To Line The Champion Trimmer
What is a trimmer?
So let’s take a look at the trimmer varieties. They are of two types:
- Electric powered.
- Gas tank fed.
Fishing line or knife. performs a cutting function in this device. In turn, the nylon thread can be as follows:
- Ordinary thread.
- With four or five faces.
- Interlaced (looks like a pigtail).
But a knife in a lawn mower can be:
Removing the spool from the trimmer
Now we will consider the issue of removing the hairpin from different types of trimmer:
- The bottom motor powered conveyor has two buttons on the sides. With one press of two buttons, you will need to detach one part of the gas station from the other. Simultaneously with the first half, the inner part, on which the core is wound, should also be removed.
- The body of an electric and gasoline conveyor with a bent metal rod should be wrapped around with one hand, and with the other, the electronic wing should be moved counterclockwise. This small piece connects the reel to the trimmer bar. After removing the lamb, it is necessary to remove the entire coil, while holding the inner spring with your fingers.
- For an electric and ashless conveyor with a straight bar, you need to find a recess under the bobbin, insert, for example, a screwdriver into it, and slowly rotate it until the tool goes deeply and the roller is completely fixed. Next, turn the coil slowly clockwise (due to the left-hand thread) and remove it from the conveyor. Then you will need to disassemble the bobbin, assembled by snaps or twisted into a lamb. If you have a snap-on roller, then you need to push the latch on the sides to release the two parts of the part. After that, you should unscrew the lamb.
How to tuck line into the trimmer reel. lawn mowers?
Modern power tools help to facilitate human labor several times. So, for example, thanks to the trimmer, you do not have to mow the grass by hand, and the lawn will quickly and effortlessly become well-groomed and beautiful. For some people, a trimmer can help turn tough physical work into real fun. But what to do when the main cutting material runs out? Agree, not everyone will immediately understand how to properly load the line on the reel of a lawn mower. For each type of coil, a corresponding nylon thread is needed and the replacement rules are completely different. Today we will consider all these issues in more detail.
How to choose a fishing line?
For each trimmer power, the developers accurately calculate the nylon thread diameter and the number of blades for the corresponding knife. Otherwise, the motor of the power tool will be severely overloaded, which will lead to its breakdown. Unknowingly, an overpayment for consumables will be provided to you. That is why the choice of line for your trimmer must be treated responsibly in order to keep costs to a minimum.
At the very beginning, you need to purchase the appropriate line. It is sold in skeins up to 120 meters long, and its diameter will be indicated in the detailed instructions for your trimmer.
Here’s what to look for when choosing a line and trimming it:
- Most often, a 2 mm conductor is used for cutting grass with a trimmer. For mowing soft and young grass, it is enough to take a thin line, the diameter of which is 1.5–1.8 mm. But on more powerful lawn mowers you need to reel thicker fishing line.
- Do not forget to pay attention to the structure of the vein. For example, a round cord is considered the most durable and copes well even with the toughest weeds. But the vein of a curly configuration is more suitable for young or twisted grass. A thread with notches along its entire length can only work with thin stems.
- The minimum length for one threading of the nylon thread into the mower spool is 2-4 meters, depending on its diameter and the manufacturer’s recommendations. For example, if you wind too much line on the bobbin, it will be difficult to move, and in the process of mowing the grass you will notice new ends of excess material.
- It is advisable to buy only approved companies. Which are indicated in the recommendations of your electric mowing device. It should be made of high quality material and have good durability. it should “cut” the lawn well and not wear out very quickly.
In order to increase the elasticity and strength of the cord, place the purchased thread in water for 30 minutes. Thanks to such actions, it will be difficult for you to break even the thinnest core.
How to wind the line on the reel of a lawn mower?
Steps for a roller with one tendril:
- To begin with, we unwind from 2 to 4 meters of nylon thread. Its length depends on the size of your coil.
- We find a hole on the inside of the roller. Which fixes the vein. We insert one end of the nylon thread into it and begin to gently wind it in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the device. Sometimes an arrow is drawn on the inside of the spool indicating the direction of winding the line.
- After part of the core is already on the coil, we leave the rest of it (5-10 cm) free to expose it outside.
- We fix the tip of the core in a special groove (groove). You will find it on the inside of the coil. If you do not have such a groove that holds the cord, then you need to hold the line with your finger.
- Now we take the outer part of the coil. We slowly pass a segment of the “hanging” core into the existing hole. The nylon thread is now wound on the bobbin.
- We put the roller on the conveyor.
Steps for a roller with two antennae:
- We look at the inside of the bobbin. Determining the number of grooves for the core. The coil can have either one groove or two. Two antennae are wound at the same time through one hole. And a tendril is wound on a bobbin with two holes, which must travel along a separate groove. The roller with one groove has one through groove, along which the line slides.
- We unwind 4 meters of a new nylon thread. We pass it through a double hole so that the line segments from each part are the same.
- Now we wind the two ends of the core in a single direction, which should coincide with the direction of the pointer drawn inside the coil (arrows).
- We leave a small part of the core for stock. We fix its ends in the grooves.
- Slide the 2 ends of the cord into the groove on the outside of the roller.
- We collect all the components of the roller and attach it to the trimmer bar.
Actions for a roller with a core threaded through a double-sided hole located on the inside:
- We pass without winding the ends of the new nylon thread through the hole on the outside of the roller.
- We collect the reel and press the button for further release of the core as it gradually wears out. When you rotate this button, the line itself winds inside the bobbin.
As you can see, it is quite possible to wind the core on the trimmer coil yourself. The winding technique depends on the type of your lawn mower and on the design of the reel itself. Below we suggest you. Which will help you better understand the whole process and perform high-quality line refueling in your device.
Briefly about the line
Taking into account the models of the tool, the thickness of the line is 1.2-4 mm. There are such configurations:
- Round is the most durable;
- Curly. for soft grass;
- Twisted or serrated. for thin grass;
- Professional, not suitable for all instrument models.
When changing the cutting thread, you need to choose the one that suits your trimmer type. Preference should be given to specialized. Before tucking the line into the trimmer spool, it is best to soak it in water for half an hour. Then it will become more elastic and stronger.
How to tuck the line into the trimmer so that working with it does not get tired
Many summer residents use a trimmer, a scythe with an electric or gasoline engine, to combat weeds. It is convenient when working in hard-to-reach places for a lawn mower: near fences, flower beds, houses, in a garden on narrow aisles, and can cut small branches. The main element of this miracle technique is an ordinary fishing line, wound on a reel. The device is simple, but the cutting part wears out quickly and requires replacement. And the question of how to fill the line in the trimmer worries many owners of summer cottages.
How to quickly remove the coil from the tool
Before the thread is wound on a bobbin, it must be removed. over, the methods of removal depend on the characteristics of the instrument. On trimmers with a motor near the ground, the reel has two side buttons, when pressed, a part of the body is separated together with a device for winding the thread.
On tools with a bent rod, the lamb on the device is moved counterclockwise; having disconnected it, remove both the bobbin and the spring inside it. On trimmers with a straight bar, fix it with a screwdriver, rotate it clockwise and remove it. Then the device is disassembled either with the help of latches or by moving its parts in different directions. Take out the spring from the coil.
Threading the line into the trimmer
The main question is how to properly wind the line on the trimmer spool, securely fixing it there?
In the case of a device with one antenna, up to four meters of fishing line is unwound, one end is inserted into the hole inside it, which fixes the fishing line, and moved in the direction indicated by the arrow. The end of the thread is fixed in a groove inside the bobbin so that it does not unwind during assembly. If there is no groove, then this free end is fixed with a finger. Then the coil is assembled.
How to thread a trimmer coil if it has two antennae? In this case, check how many grooves there are on it. one or two. In the first case, both antennae are directed into a common groove, if there are two of them, then each of them into its own. 2-4 meters of thread is passed through the hole so that the free ends of the thread are of the same length, and twist the bobbin in the direction of the arrow-pointer. The ends of the thread are inserted into the grooves or held with a finger, the device is assembled and attached to the trimmer.
In a spool with two grooves, the same piece of thread is folded in the form of a loop, sent to the groove between them and the ends are wound simultaneously. Then repeat the previous assembly. With semi-automatic winding, the bobbins operate as follows. The fishing line is passed through a hole inside, its ends are fixed in the holes on the body, collect it and press the button. The thread can be easily wound in the correct direction.
It is important to remember that the cutting surface must be protected from hard objects so that it does not wear out. Otherwise, it will be necessary to constantly stop and, having removed the reel, replace the used line. Keep your work fun and enjoyable!
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
Unplug the trimmer before changing the line (switch off the engine for lawn mowers). The procedure is as follows:
- On a curved bar trimmer, unscrew the thumbscrew and remove the mowing head.
- On a straight bar trimmer, insert a screwdriver or hex key into the hole under the spool. Lock the key and unscrew the coil.
How to properly wind the line around the trimmer spool? Overview. Preliminary preparation
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working engine and bottom coil usually have side buttons on either side of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and get lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with a special wing: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the locking reel on the rod with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install the knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is unscrewed, in coils with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
We wind the fishing line
Slowly completed disassembly of the spool-spool without losing its spare parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the spool design and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the reel and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of the line for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the opposite direction of the spool rotation on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inside of the reel, an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small section of the line is left free to lead it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin into working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line, lying on the inside of the spool:
- One groove. both tendrils are wound together in one groove;
- Two grooves. each tendril is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.In single-groove reels, the line is pulled into a through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod side. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding.
The difference in line winding in two-groove spools is that initially a 2-5 m long line segment is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the fold loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each along its own groove, fixing the antennae and assembling the coil is similar to the one discussed above with one groove.
The first execution of this procedure, perhaps, will seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.