How To Make A Cart For A Tiller
How to choose material
Before thinking about how to make a cart for your tiller with your own hands, you need to decide on the choice of materials and tools that are needed in the process of performing the work. These include:
- To make a frame and a control mechanism, take a steel pipe with a square section, with sides of 2-4 or 305 centimeters;
- Use a corner of steel, the thickness of which is at least three millimeters and a side length of 3-4 cm;
- Take sheets of iron 1-2 mm thick or wooden boards, or plywood to make the body;
- The axle is made of solid steel pipe;
- Pneumatic wheels, which are taken from a tiller, or are not bad in size from an old Moskvich car;
- Do not forget about the nuts and bolts that will hold together the components of the equipment;
- Rivets are used with a special device;
- You need to have an angle grinder with a variety of discs;
- Welding machine for bonding metal and steel parts;
- You can’t do without a drill, as you will have to make many holes.
Many materials for manufacturing can be found in your backyard. Almost all people have unnecessary things that they need to clean, trim and adapt to the production of trolleys. After all, the main thing is not beauty, but a well-made device with excellent functioning. At the same time, you can significantly reduce material costs for the purchase of parts.
Choosing wheels is the simplest thing to do when deciding how to make a tiller cart. They use discs from a variety of agricultural equipment, motorcycles, mopeds, cars. Just do not forget that you will have to grind the axle on which they will be located so that its diameter matches the size of the bearings in the hub.
Wheel axle blank
For the manufacture of this very important component of the unit, they usually take a circle made of steel with a diameter of about 3 centimeters. By means of welding, the axis is attached to the longitudinal hinges and supports located at the corners. The length of the axle must correspond to the distance between the wheels so that the latter are under the bottom of the body.
The design of the unit includes several main components. Let’s consider each of them.
- Frame. It is produced mainly from a corner made of steel; round and rectangular pipe cuts are used. This main part of the product must be especially strong and withstand significant loads. The cart is operated on uneven ground and therefore the frame is severely affected.
- Drove. This is a wheel axle blank made of a steel circle with a diameter of 3 centimeters. The axle is about 100 mm long and is welded to the side members and the hinge body with corner supports.
- The body of the unit is made of boards 2 cm wide, additionally fastened with steel corners. Then they are reinforced on the frame using strong beams made of wooden blocks with sides of 5 cm.
- The wheels for the trolley can be used from the tiller itself, and it is better to use them immediately together with the hub so as not to disassemble. The axle on both sides is sharpened until the diameter of the bearings matches. Before installation, you need to do the mounting of the hub. The main method for this action is pressing. The rear side of the hub is bored and slid onto the axle. The main thing is to avoid skewing. Next, you need to install the wheel rims on the pin and tighten the nuts firmly to put on the caps.
Do-it-yourself cart for a tiller
- The console is used to couple the tiller to the cart. At the top, it is fastened with brackets with hinged devices, and at the bottom with the help of bearings, the swivel unit is fixed. All connections must be well lubricated and covered with special anthers so that dirt and moisture do not damage the equipment.
If the product is used very often and with heavy loads, the console is made using hinges. The drawbar is inserted into the longitudinal hinge and is fastened with a thrust ring. With this method, the wheels of the tiller and the carts form a so-called independent suspension, while the unit will become much easier to control, moving on uneven ground.
- With the help of the swivel unit, the driver gets the opportunity to sit on a wooden chair between the body and the motorcycle. With his hands, he holds the control levers, and his legs are placed on a footrest made of corners and designed for convenience and allowing the limbs not to get tired during prolonged work.
The do-it-yourself rotary knot of the device is made of a steel piece of metal that is suitable in size. A hole is drilled or drilled in it, which is intended for the passage of the console. The hitch is recommended to be made according to the drawings of the tiller carriage, when using bearings of a certain size. The fixed shell of the part is placed in the body of the rotary unit and fixed by welding, and the inner part is connected to the console, checking well that there is no play.
The body itself does not require special knowledge and skills when performing. The main thing is to decide on the size of the cart for the tiller.
The easiest way to make a body is to use planks, securing them at the corners with corners of strong and thick metal. Boards are chosen with a thickness of at least 2 centimeters. Since the device involves loading, unloading and moving things and goods, it is recommended that the sides of the unit be made reclining. The bottom is most often also made of wood, but for greater reliability and durability, it is best to use metal sheets more than 2 millimeters thick.
This will increase the overall weight of the structure, but such a homemade technique will last a long time and without any complaints. It is necessary to take into account the length and width of the body so that they correspond to the dimensions of the tiller itself and its maximum power. For the convenience and comfort of the driver when performing work, if there is such an opportunity, a device is installed in front of the body where a person will sit, in which the best choice will be a chair from a car.
Tiller trolley drawing
Let’s consider the easiest and fastest way to make a small cart, capable of carrying no more than half a ton of cargo. The proposed drawing looks like this.
Where the numbers mean:
- 1. brackets for attaching additional devices to the unit;
- 2. a place for a console;
- 3. carrier;
- 4. a device for the convenience of the leg position, made of a board, 20 mm wide;
- 5. driver’s seat. Wood of the same thickness is used in the production;
- 6. main frame for attaching to the tiller;
- 7. the wooden body itself;
- 8. the presence of a support beam is determined;
- 9. wheels.
In this case, consider a tiller with a cart:
How to make a tiller with a cart
Auto mechanic specializing in agricultural machinery
The Tiller is one of the most useful and inexpensive technical devices used in backyards and gardens. It is used not only in soil cultivation and harvesting, but also when transporting hay, fuel and other heavy items. A standard unit does not imply the presence of a trailer, but every person who is at least a little versed in the structure and principle of the mechanisms can make a cart for a tiller with his own hands. Its design is quite simple.
First you need to refer to the drawings of the trolley and sketches, according to which the manufacturing will be carried out. It is necessary to think over what will be the carrying capacity, dimensions of the device, and their compatibility with each other, focusing on the mechanisms made in industrial plants.
The production of a homemade cart for a tiller will save significant money without spending much effort and time.
How to make the bottom of the cart
The most unreliable but quickest way to make a bottom for a cart is to perform work using an edged wooden board. However, if you want to get a strong and durable device, then the bottom should use metal sheets with a thickness of at least 2 millimeters as a material. A trolley with such a bottom will last for many years without rotting or requiring frequent repairs.
When all the intermediate steps and components are completed, you can start assembling the unit. To do this, it is better to follow a certain sequence:
- The main pipe is welded to the additional one that performs the axle for the cart. Any ready-made vehicle wheel assembly can also be used.
- The tiller hitch is attached to the opposite side of the pipe. You need to make sure that the welding is strong so that the welded parts do not separate at the most crucial moment.
- Fasten the hubs firmly to the ends of the main axle, best also using welding.
- Next, fit the wheels, fix them with nuts and bolts, tightening securely and tightly so as not to lose the discs on the way.
- Next, a parking device is attached to the beginning of the pipe so that the trailer takes a horizontal position when it is uncoupled from the motorcycle and stands idle.
- The last step is to attach the body and fenders.
After completing all the steps, the cart is almost ready for use. Simply attach the chair and footrests for the person who will operate the unit. For this, a steering wheel and corresponding levers are used. Driver convenience and comfort can be improved by attaching a backrest to the seat and padding it with soft material, or simply placing a pillow under the back.
Having familiarized yourself with how to make a cart for a tiller, you can easily and simply, following the instructions set out, make a device with your own hands, significantly reducing material costs, and get an excellent assistant when working in the garden and a personal plot, which will not only save your strength, but and shorten the time. You can, without hesitation, be engaged in the transportation of the harvested crop, various fertilizers, materials for construction, using for this not a car, but a tiller.
Body parts are marked on the frame, leaving a small margin for welding the struts and sides. The frame is made of metal corners 25×25 mm:
- The corners of the base are welded together and the seams are rubbed. For tipper systems, a crossbar is installed, to which the loops are subsequently attached. Crossbeam for extra strength when tilting.
- The blanks for the sides are connected. Sheathing is cut out from a sheet of galvanized iron and fixed on the side frame with rivets.
- For the bottom of the body, a sheet of steel sheet is cut out, welded to the base with a step of 3-4 cm.
- The front board is welded to the base, and then the sides.
- The back is done last. Furniture hinges are used to connect to the lower part of the body, and locks are installed at the edges. Fasteners will keep the bead closed.
An example of an assembled frame and body is shown in:
An important addition to any self-propelled cart is the presence of a braking system. The trailer behaves safely at low speeds and on level ground. But when transporting heavy loads, the situation changes dramatically.
The larger the mass, the higher the inertial force. A loaded trailer is difficult to move and stop after accelerating. Therefore, the presence of a braking system is considered an important element of the safety of the device.
A trailer with brakes is made from off-the-shelf automotive parts. A parking brake will do. The pedal is placed next to the driver’s footrest. The cable is passed under the frame and connected to the brake pads of the wheels.
When you press the pedal, the cable is pulled, the brake pads block the movement of the wheels.
By the type of body part, the device is divided into the following types:
- Solid models;
- With opening sides;
- Tipper carts.
One-piece structures are used to transport heavy loads. The sides are rigidly connected to each other and do not open. Strong adhesion of the sides allows for the transport of goods in bulk or packed.
The folding sides make it easier to load and unload the trailer. The reinforced frame allows them to be used as additional space. Depending on the purpose of using the trolley, the walls are made opening from the back and sides.
Dump trucks are mainly used for the transportation of bulk materials. The tipping system allows the load to be dumped onto the surface, making unloading faster and easier. For large heavy-duty carts, a hydraulic lift is installed.
The tiller trolley is a towing device that allows you to transport heavy and bulky loads in relatively small garden areas. The trailer is used for transporting animal feed, building materials, fertilizers or garbage.
The simplest factory version of the trolley costs about 20,000 rubles, but it has little functionality and is not designed for complex tasks.
Homemade designs are devoid of such disadvantages. The cost of materials and work is several times lower, and the design is easily adaptable to current needs.
An important element that connects the trailer to the trailer. The drawbar of the trailer is made of 2 metal profiles 60×60 in a two-beam scheme. The beams are welded to the corners of the front of the frame and to each other. For the reliability of the connection, the joints are reinforced. The result is a triangular design.
To implement the simplest hitch, a reinforcement ring with a thickness of at least 20 mm is welded to the drawbar. It is permissible to use an automobile coupling mechanism between the towbar and the trailer. This will simplify the task and provide the necessary strength.
In some cases it is important that the trailer is kept level after disconnecting from the trailer. For this, a movable support is welded to the drawbar joint. When unfolding, it creates the necessary emphasis.
This element is considered the most difficult to manufacture. Therefore, experienced craftsmen recommend building a chassis on the Zhigulevsky bridge or making a VAZ 2109 from a beam. If there are no car parts available, they are made independently.
For the manufacture of the axle, a beam with a thickness of more than 30 mm and a length of about 1 m is used. Hubs are installed along the edges of the pipe. The axle is welded to the frame on the supports prepared in advance.
Tools and materials
Assembly is directly related to metal processing. Therefore, it is important to have a welding machine, an angle grinder and a set of discs for cutting and grinding metal parts on hand.
In addition to these tools, the work involves:
- Tape measure or other measuring devices;
- A hammer;
- Clamps for welding, clamps;
- Drill and drill bits for metal;
You will also need the following materials:
- Metal profile 60×60 mm or 60×30 mm for the frame;
- Metal profile 30×30 mm or 25×25 mm for crossbars;
- Corners 25×25 mm for the body;
- Steel sheet 2 mm thick for the bottom;
- Galvanized sheet 1 mm for finishing the sides;
- Fasteners: bolts, hinges, nuts, rivets.
This part bears the main load of the trailer, so it should be as strong as possible.
The frame is a one-piece welded structure from a metal profile along a spar system. The step-by-step build process is as follows:
- The outer contour is made from a strong pipe 60×60 mm, and for cross-beams (traverses) 30×30 mm are used.
- Parts are cut and laid out on a flat surface.
- The joints are welded with small seams.
- Before weld the frame thoroughly, check the correctness of the assembly with a square. All angles must be 90 °.
- After checking the correctness of the connections, carry out a thorough welding.
- The finished frame is primed and painted.
How to make a tiller cart
Farming requires a lot of time and effort. Factory trailed equipment greatly facilitates the work on the site, but it costs a lot of money. Step-by-step instructions on how to make a cart for a tiller with your own hands will help you acquire a useful device for transporting goods. And the drawings, dimensions and photos of the process will tell you how to do the job correctly.
What does the tiller cart consist of?
To get a trailer, the master needs to do:
- Axle and chassis;
In addition, when working, they use:
- Wheel hubs;
- Wheels with tires;
- Trailed car device.
In order to understand how to make a cart to the tiller with your own hands, you need to perform the following algorithm of operations:
- For the manufacture of a supporting welded rigid frame, take 5 pipe blanks, cut off the ends of an angle grinder.
- Press clamps to the chipboard sheet and weld the joints of 3 longitudinal blanks with 2 perpendicular ones so that they create a lattice frame.
- Check the geometry of the structure with a regular construction square. The angles of the connected ribs must be 90 °.
- Install spacers between the tacked workpieces in the corners of the bottom and in the center, tack with welding.
- Make tacks to the longitudinal pipes of the bottom with a welding electrode 4 vertical posts in the corners.
- Check the perpendicularity of the corners, check the dimensions of the sides of the structure with the dimensions in the drawing of the cart for the tiller.
- Finally weld all the workpieces to each other, grind the welds, clean them from sagging and formations.
- The body can be made of plywood or wooden planks, while the corner joints are fixed with steel corners.
- Boards are mounted on the frame and bolted.
- durable sides of the master are made of steel sheets. The sides can be hinged and fixed. The folding sides of the body are considered more rational, because. Unloading cargo of large volumes is easier. The sides are also made from metal pipes of square or rectangular cross-section. They are performed, like the frame, they are grabbed, the geometry is checked for strength and to avoid braces and deviations, they are finally welded, rigidly attached to the frame. The tailgate is attached with ordinary door hinges and equipped with latches.
- Take a metal rod with a diameter of 30 mm and a length of about 1050 mm to make an axle for wheels, connect it with a longitudinal hinge and corner supports. The length should be chosen so that the axle does not extend beyond the wheels. Sharpen it to the required diameters of the bearings in the hubs.
- As a chassis, you can take a wheelbase from a scooter, stroller, wheelbarrow or other agricultural machinery. Heavy wheels from a car trailer with hubs are not recommended to be installed.
- For the manufacture of the drawbar, 2 profile pipes with a diameter of 25×50 mm and a length of about 1.85 m are taken, they are welded to the frame beam so that a triangular structure is obtained. For reinforcement in the corners, metal scarves with a thickness of 4 mm are attached by welding, a plate with a thickness of 8 mm is attached in front of the carts.
- Tipper technology provides for the installation of door hinges attached to the bottom of the beam and to the bottom struts.
- Sheathe the frame of the structure made with wooden boards, plastic or metal.
- The driver’s seat on a tiller with a trolley is installed ready-made or in the form of homemade boxes from a piece of chipboard and foam rubber sheathed with dermantin. Such boxes are necessary to hide inventory and materials.
- The machine’s parking brake can be used as a brake. Fix the brake pedal made of 6 mm thick plate on the footrest under the seat, weld 2 corners. Install the pedal in the front part, in the rear part. a plate with 2 holes for fastening brake cables, the ends of which are connected to a T-shaped plate with a rod.
In this way, you can make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands.
How to make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands: drawings and dimensions, photos,
Trolley trolley. trailed equipment for universal agricultural motor vehicles for transporting goods on personal and land plots. With the help of such a mechanism, garbage, animal feed, building materials, fertilizer, grain, inventory are transported.
The trailer and tiller adapter are varieties of homemade products made by skilled mechanics. The adapter is a longitudinal beam with its own chassis, driver’s seat and footrest. This module makes it possible to work the soil in a sitting position, as well as attach 2 equipment at once. in front and behind.
The trolley is a type of adapter with a difference in the design of the chassis.
A purchased cart for a tiller is expensive. To save financial resources, craftsmen make it themselves, design construction drawings, select the necessary materials. The process of creating such a useful vehicle does not take much time and is not difficult. Even a beginner, at least a little versed in technology, can handle it.
A brief overview will help you understand the question of how to make a trolley cart for a tiller yourself with good performance.
DIY trolley for a motorized towing vehicle
A motorized towing vehicle (motorized dog) is a device for transporting goods, traveling through snow and wetlands. The towing vehicle itself has a caterpillar track, complemented by a sled. A sleigh trailer is convenient in winter, provided there is a large snow cover, however, in summer or in snowless winters, using such a trailer is problematic.
Agricultural machinery manufacturers offer a wide range of trailers, adapters and carts, including those for a motorized towing vehicle. Some owners of such equipment create a cart with their own hands. Its device is practically the same as a tiller cart.
The main difference between a motorized towing vehicle, which dictates the features of a trailer device, is a caterpillar track. These vehicles are ideal off-road, so the trailer must meet the same requirements.
Two types of trailers are recommended for motorized dogs: a loading platform and a skidder. Both options are difficult to implement, so it is better to adapt the finished cart for the tiller. The drawings and dimensions for the trolley and tiller will be almost the same, so you can use any.
The main feature of the trailer for this type of equipment is the low pressure wheels. They have a high shock-absorbing effect and are excellent for off-road use. A cart with such wheels can be used at any time of the year. This modification requires axle reinforcement from the bogie, as well as wheel attachment. All other parts of the cart can remain unchanged.
Materials and tools
To work, you need the following tools:
- angle grinder for cutting parts;
- Welding machine;
- Welding electrodes;
- Electric jigsaw;
- Regular construction angle square.
When manufacturing a trailed structure, you will need the following materials and parts:
- Metal shaped tubes of square or rectangular cross-section;
- Wheels and springs;
- Duralumin sheets 2 mm thick;
- Steel sheets;
- Channel # 5;
- Metal corners;
- Metal rod;
All parts, especially if these are remnants of old metal products, are carefully inspected for damage, cracks, cleaned of rust, cut off.
Tillers and motor-cultivators on trailers consist of the following basic elements:
- Hitch or drawbar;
- Driver’s seat;
- Steering gear;
To withstand heavy loads, a homemade tiller cart is reinforced with special stiffeners.
For a 1-axle trailer, a manual device is sufficient. A 2-axle tipper wagon with a heavy lifting capacity must be hydraulically operated against tipping.
With a lifting capacity of over 350 kg, the self-propelled cart is equipped with braking parts for safety. Mechanical brakes can be made by yourself. If these details are not taken into account, then when overloading during descent from a hill, the tiller’s cart with its own hands will not be able to stop and will tip over. In order for it to remain in the working position after disconnecting from the tiller, the stops are installed.
Before carrying out work on the manufacture of a trailer, it is necessary to develop a detailed action plan and adhere to it.
The work plan for the manufacture of a trailer for a tiller is as follows:
- At the preparatory stage, it is necessary to familiarize yourself with the device of the mechanism, analyze its functionality depending on the power of the tiller.
- Sketch the structure. A self-made trailer diagram will greatly simplify the work.
- Calculate the dimensions of the tiller cart.
- Design a drawing of the trolley, on which to render the main units, parameters and dimensions of parts.
- Plan the principle of operation of the main and additional mechanisms, think over the ways of connecting all units and parts, their functioning.
- Prepare a list of required materials and tools.
- Begin the assembly and finishing process.
Depending on the ability to transport cargo, trailers are divided into 3 types:
- Simple 1-axis attachment for tillers up to 70 kg load capacity. Its design is simple and inexpensive.
- Universal cart with a carrying capacity of up to 110-120 kg. It is often used in the household.
- Tiller trolleys with a lifting capacity of over 120 kg. Such mechanisms are designed to move heavy loads, therefore, they have a more complex device, respectively, the cost of materials for the frame and cladding increases. The functionality of this technique is expanding.
Based on these parameters, choose the material for strength for the frame and finishing of the mechanism.
A wheelbarrow for a tiller do it yourself
A wheelbarrow for a tiller is an irreplaceable assistant in the household. Such a device allows you to transport goods (crops, garbage, building materials, etc.). You can make a trolley for a tiller with your own hands from auto parts or from individual materials. In both cases, welding and certain design skills are required. The wheelbarrow assumes the simplest design, any drawing of a trailer for tilers is suitable for its creation.
For the Neva MB-2 tiller, a hinged wheelbarrow with an H-shaped coupling is suitable. This type of connection is versatile and easy to manufacture. The hitching point of the wheelbarrow and the tiller is one of the most important nodes that receives a large load, therefore the materials for its creation must be strong, it is mandatory to check for defects (cracks, rust).
A wheelbarrow for a tiller consists of a frame, sides and wheels. If you add a seat and a steering column to it, you get an analogue of a mini-tractor. Any of the options for a wheelbarrow for a tiller can be made from improvised means, there are many photos on the Internet with the process of assembling devices.
Do you use trailers, adapters and tiller cars?
Variations of bogies for this type of equipment directly depend on the ability to transport a certain cargo.
- Simple single axle trolley. Maximum lifting weight up to 70 kg. Its design will be simple and inexpensive.
- Tiller cart with carrying capacity up to 110-120 kg. The most versatile option for household use.
- Trailer for transporting heavy objects weighing more than 120 kg. The design becomes more complex, increasing the cost of material for the frame and cladding. This option is more expensive, but the capabilities of the trolley increase significantly.
We make the chassis
To transport cargo, the trailer needs wheel assemblies that can be removed from an unnecessary vehicle. An additional pipe must be welded to secure the wheel assemblies. The trailer hub is attached by pressing. The rear part is put on the axle, which is ground before that. There should be no misalignment, so it must be constantly monitored. The mounted wheels must be secured with nuts and caps put on.
Self-assembly of a motoblock trailer. it couldn’t be easier
How to make a trailer for a tiller with your own hands? The main thing that you need to save energy and avoid unwanted mistakes is the correct drawings of the trailer for the tiller and diagrams.
Having picked up the exact drawings with your own hands and the dimensions of the planned trailer, you need to calculate all the nuances in the manufacture.
- Think over what the cart is made for transporting: whether it will be a small-sized, light cargo or, most likely, heavy. Based on this, choose a material for strength for the frame and trim of the trailer.
- If the trailer will be a dump, two-axle, with a large carrying capacity, then there is a need to equip it with a hydraulic drive. This is for easy rollover.
- For a model with one axis (uniaxial), a manual device is sufficient.
- For safety, a cart with a carrying capacity of more than 350 kg must be equipped with a mechanical home-made brake. When the tiller with the trolley is sufficiently loaded, it will be impossible to stop it when descending the hill. But since it is quite difficult to make the brakes on the trailer to the tiller on your own, so the best option would be the help of a qualified person.
The first stage is the preparation of the necessary parts and tools
In general, this is the usual combination of body, frame, wheels and hitch. To mount a homemade trailer to the tiller, you need to purchase (or perhaps they are already on the farm) the following parts:
- Pipes with a diameter of 60×30 mm and 25×25 mm, usually they must be iron for the reliability of the future product;
- Two wheels, perhaps you have old unnecessary from “Moskvich” lying around, as well as springs;
- Duralumin sheets, their thickness should be about 2 mm;
- Steel sheets, their thickness should be about 0.8 mm;
- Channel # 5;
Of course, when assembling a tiller cart, you cannot do without the necessary tools: an angle grinder for cutting parts, an electric jigsaw, a screwdriver and welding.
How to make a tiller cart with your own hands? How to avoid mistakes when making a tiller cart?
If a motoblock trailer is made for the first time, then mistakes are encountered even by the best master. The main ones are:
- Wrong seat. It should be convenient, because you often have to work around the house. The best lava-shaped seats;
- For the sake of economy, brakes are not installed. In no case do not skimp on your own safety. Better homemade hand brakes than nothing;
- Low-quality and cheap plating. And again for the budget option, but remember. the miser pays twice.
Tiller trailer hitch
The trailer hitch is a fairly important element of the entire structure. The best option is a knot where a pipe is connected to another pipe. On one side of the curved pipe, one more small part of the pipe must be welded. This must be done in an upright position. The same operation is performed on the other end of the main pipe. Finally, a king pin is mounted to connect to the trailer. When cornering or on uneven roads, this design will provide strong traction.
Frame cladding options
For covering the structure, craftsmen choose an inexpensive material or the one that is available. The price of the product becomes much less.
- Wooden planks that are often left behind after construction. The main pluses are low-cost, the minuses are moisture-resistant, as a result, the low life span of a wheelbarrow for a tiller. In addition, additional funds are needed to process them.
- Plastic. Pros. resistant to moisture, unlike wood, cons. not strong, if damaged, it will break.
- Metal sheets. Pros. strong material, therefore durable, cons. one of the most expensive options.
But if the cart to the tiller will be used constantly, then it is more profitable to make it metal and not spend extra money on repairs. You can fix the sheets to the frame with a welding machine.
Frame for motoblock cart
To make a do-it-yourself trailer for a tiller reliable and durable, you need a very strong frame. In the production of the lattice for the frame, a 60×30 mm pipe is suitable, in the section there should be a square (rectangle) and a corner for connecting 25×25 mm. In order to make a lattice-frame, all parts need to be connected with 5 additional crossbars.
At the corners of the lattice frame, 4 vertical posts are attached to the longitudinal pipes using a welding machine. If the wheelbarrow for the tiller will have a tailgate, then the frames must be produced separately and only then installed.
Wheels and axle
The wheel axle can be made from a rod about a meter long. If you take more of it, the wheels will not fit within the boundaries of the body. You can take the corners as supports. Using welding, you need to connect the hinge body and the side members to the rod. Earrings and bracket axle are put on the side members.
Since the clutch is performed individually, you should carefully understand which option is used by a particular manufacturer in the manufacture of the specified model. This will allow you to choose the right hitch that will fit well to the “ear” of the tiller.
The upper part of the hitch is an axle with two bearings. Around it there is a movement of the reverse node.
The drawing shows that the console is in contact with the carrier, which is fixed to the frame using the longitudinal hinge body. For this, an M8 bolt and a thrust ring are used. Thanks to this fastening, the movement of the trolley will be efficient on any road.
About the hub
Wheels are needed to move the cart. These can be not only specialized products, but also models from old cars or motorized strollers. Technical characteristics allow them to be used very effectively.
Any of these options has the desired hubs. Suitable for these purposes and the now popular rear beam “nine”. It’s an inexpensive, affordable option.
How to make
Of course, if it is planned to transport goods in bulk, then it is better to make the sides folding, in particular the side ones. If the cargo is in bags, then the tailgate will do.
Before starting work, you should draw up a drawing or use the existing one shown in the photo. On it you can navigate in the size and other parameters of the cart.
Typically, a trailer drawing includes the following components:
- Drove carts;
- Mounting console;
- Area for placing the legs of the manager;
- Manager’s seat;
- Cart body and frame;
- Support beam, ring;
A steel corner (size 21x21x3 is used) is used to make a frame brace and a trolley seat frame. The tube (50×25 used) is suitable for creating frame struts and rear / front braces. A steel corner (size 40x40x4 is used) is suitable for creating a seat pillar, longitudinal and transverse side members, reinforcing cross members. A steel angle (size 32x32x4 is used) is used to make the right wheel axle supports. From a pipe (size 58×4 is used), a body of a longitudinal hinge is created.
How to make a tiller cart
Land cultivation is not an easy procedure that requires not only physical effort, but also some experience. This is the only way to achieve proper efficiency. As for labor, it doesn’t have to be manual. The time for such work has passed. Now is the era of replacing manual labor with mechanical or electronic ones. So it is with agriculture. Even for the processing of a personal plot it is more convenient to use special devices that speed up the processes and do not make you physically tired much. One of these units is the tiller. It is worth talking about it in more detail using photos and materials.
The tiller is a very effective and useful equipment on the farm, in particular for tillage. For this, various attachments can be used, and a trailer can also be attached, which allows you to actually turn the tiller into a multifunctional mini tractor. This will allow the use of technology as transport. And for these purposes, it is not necessary to buy a ready-made version, since the cart can be made by hand. To do this, we present the main technical characteristics, drawings and photos of models that can be created.
In general, the cart is a set of such elements:
The frame is erected from a circular section or shaped pipes. Using welding, they are held together by corners. The bottom and sides of the body can be refined with thin sheet metal or corrugated board. Boards are also suitable for these purposes. To use the body conveniently, it is better to make the sides folding.
Homemade cart is economical and interesting
Indeed, if you make such a structure for a tiller with your own hands, you can not only save money, but also spend time interestingly. This is especially true for those who understand technology and are fond of it. As a result, you can make a cart for the tiller no worse than shown in the photo. It is only important to respect the dimensions, as well as to take care of the reliability of the cart. Then the efficiency of work on the tiller will be increased significantly.
One per entry “How to make a trolley cart”
Thank you, everything is accessible and understandable. The main thing is to adhere to the criteria in the manufacture.
How to properly design a trailer structure
So, in order to avoid in the process of assembling the trolley multiple redrawing of parts, alterations and, as a result, damage to the material and on its endlessly prolonged production, it is necessary to make a detailed drawing. To be more precise, there should be several of them: for all trailer nodes and, moreover, for each of them in several projections. views from different sides. For complex and critical parts, additional separate drawings should be made. The design of all nodes and their elements must be carefully drawn. Each detail must be signed: indicate its name and all dimensions.
Additional individual drawings of trailer parts
Based on the finished drawings, it will be possible not only to visually represent the volume and scale of the work required, but also to easily and quickly compile a list of all the tools and materials that will be needed to assemble the trailer with your own hands. During the manufacture of the trolley, it may turn out that in the prepared sketches, some important nuances were initially missed and / or parts and nodes necessary for the design were missing. Therefore, before starting work, the drawings should be carefully studied, thinking over and taking into account the following points:
- What are the main and auxiliary units of the trailer and in what way they will need to be connected. by welding, twisting bolts and nuts or riveting;
- How will the movement and coordination with the stationary rotary elements occur. through a hinge, bushing, bearing or axle;
- Is there a desire to make parking supports;
- Do I need a tipper for mechanical unloading of the body;
- And so on.
Welding of auxiliary bogie assemblies
After that, it is possible that the drawings will have to be supplemented with any clarifications, detailing or the missing, not originally provided for, nodes and elements to be completed. But having done this, it will already be possible to draw up a complete correct inventory of the necessary materials and tools.
Before purchasing the necessary materials, you should look at what is available on the site or in the garage. It may well be that there is something suitable for use when assembling a trailer. For example, from any round or shaped pipes, you can make a frame, other load-bearing and supporting structural elements.
We determine the main characteristics of the trailer. focusing on the factory models
The design of the tiller cart is not overly complex. If you have an angle grinder, electric welding and a drill, almost any owner of a manual mini tractor can make a trailer on their own. The main thing is to correctly draw up its drawing or sketch before assembling the trolley, and then, strictly according to it, perform all the work. To do this, you first need to decide on the main characteristics of the trailer: carrying capacity, dimensions and some others. To simplify this procedure, it is recommended to focus on factory, industrial-made models of motor-block carts.
Factory trailers are produced with carrying capacities ranging from 300 kg to 1000 kg with bodies of different sizes. These parameters depend on the type of tiller the cart is intended for use with, or, more precisely, on its technical characteristics. In accordance with this, there are 3 main types of trailers: for heavy, medium and light manual mini tractors.
With heavy, power over 10 hp. tillers, as a rule, use one- or two-axle carts with a body length of 2-3 m and a width of 1.2 m. Such trailers are designed to transport goods weighing 500-1000 kg.
Tiller trailer for transporting heavy loads
For medium manual mini tractors. with a capacity of 4.8 to 10 hp. oriented uniaxial bogies with a body size of 1.0 × 1.5 m, 1.1 × 1.4 and the like. Their carrying capacity is 300-500 kg.
With light tillers, with a capacity of up to 4.8 HP, usually single-axle trailers with a body length of 0.85–1.15 m and a width of 1 m are used. The carrying capacity of these bogies is no more than 300 kg.
The height of the sides of the factory standard trolleys for tillers is 30-35 cm. On heavy-duty trailers, side fences of a frame structure are installed, the height of which is 50-60 cm.
To make loading and unloading easier, the tailgate of the bogies is made of folding and removable. On some models, in addition to the rear, both side ones are opened and removed, which increases the convenience of filling the body with cargo and releasing it from it.
All standard trailers are dump trucks. There is no hydraulic lift cylinder on the medium and light tiller models and this feature is implemented through the design of the cart. The body on the trailer is installed so that its center of gravity and the load in it is located on a pivot axis aligned with the wheelset of the bogie. This balancing makes manual rollover much easier.
This is due to the fact that when going down a steep slope, the inertia of the loaded trailer cannot be extinguished with only the 1st brake of the hand-held mini tractor. Therefore, trolleys for heavy tillers must be equipped with their own braking system.
Tiller cart. we make a reliable trailer ourselves
Having decided to use a tiller for transporting goods, you have to decide which trailer to pick up for it. The cart can be made by yourself, taking into account your requirements for it and the capabilities of a manual mini tractor.
Development of drawings for a bogie with a carrying capacity of up to 350 kg
Such a trailer is suitable for any tiller. It is not worthwhile to think about making a more lifting cart with your own hands, since, according to the above safety requirements, you will have to decide on equipping it with its own brake system. Designing or competently using a finished one, for example, from a light car, for the majority will simply not be able to. On the other hand, by and large, it is technically difficult to make brakes with your own hands in order to achieve the necessary level of traffic safety from them on a trailer with a loaded trailer.
Driving on a trailer with a loaded trailer
The choice of dimensions, body dimensions and the trailer itself primarily depends on the required carrying capacity. When determining them, one must proceed from the standards for factory trolleys given in the 1st chapter. To make a trailer with a carrying capacity of 350 kg with your own hands, you can use the drawings that follow. The dimensions of both the main and parts can be changed depending on the materials available. Also, these drawings can be used as an illustrative example of how to correctly develop the design of a trolley if you plan to assemble another version of it.
The first drawing is general. It has all the main components. body, frame, wheels, carrier. and dimensions.
General drawing with all major nodes
Then a detailed drawing of the frame, which should be made of rectangular or round steel pipes. Connect them together by welding.
The body in this variant of the trolley is made of boards, the thickness of which is 20 mm. The sides are all deaf. do not fold back.
Carrier drawing. The main load is taken by the joint between the body of the swivel unit and the drawbar. Therefore, their connection is reinforced with 4 stiffeners, which are drawn in the section B – B.
For the swivel unit, as a complex critical element of the trailer, a separate drawing has been developed with detailed detailing of its structure and elements.
Carrier swivel assembly
If other materials are used in the construction of this tiller cart, the permissible weight of the transported goods may change.
What materials and how can you use to assemble a trailer yourself
The easiest way to weld the frame is from a corner, channels and a profile pipe. I-beams and round tubes are also suitable.
A steel bar should be taken as the wheel axle. Its diameter must be at least 30 mm, and its length must be at least 1070 mm, but so that the wheels do not protrude beyond the dimensions of the trailer. The rod is welded to the longitudinal hinge and frame corner supports.
Steel bar for wheel axle
The wheels will fit from any agricultural machinery or motorcycle sidecar. It will be necessary to grind the axle to fit the diameter of the bearings in their hubs.
It is easier to make the body with your own hands from the boards, fastening them at the corners with metal corners. We fix it to the frame with bolts. The optimum board thickness is 20 mm. To facilitate loading and unloading, it is better to make the sides hinged. The bottom of the body can be made of edged boards, but the trailer will be more reliable and durable if you use sheet metal for this, preferably 2-3 mm thick. A car seat is perfect as a seat.
DIY plank body
We do the hitch (swivel unit) of the trolley with our own hands from a piece of steel of a suitable size by drilling or punching a hole in it, into which the console would easily enter. It is advisable to make the swivel assembly according to the scheme proposed in the above drawing. using bearings of a suitable diameter. Their outer cage is tightly planted in the hitch body or welded to it, and the console is brought into the inner one without backlash.