How To Make A Circular From A Circular Saw
How to make a circular saw out of a circular saw. Instructions
How to make a circular with your own hands and is it possible? Following the simplest tips, a stationary circular saw can be made from the simplest materials.
How to make a circular saw out of a circular saw. Instructions
Every owner of a private house or summer cottage has always thought about purchasing a stationary circular saw. However, in most cases, the purchase is postponed indefinitely: the cost of such a pleasure exceeds two or three tens of thousands, which is often beyond the means of an average citizen of the country.
But even if you are not ready to spend that kind of money on a stationary saw, you can make one yourself from a hand-held circular saw. For professional use, such an invention may not be suitable, but dissolving the boards, quickly and conveniently cutting the beams or sheets of fiberboard is quite real.
To make a homemade circular, you will need:
- Washers, nuts, bolts;
- Metal strip;
- Angle Grinder;
- Metal corner;
- Old table or a thick sheet of fiberboard;
It should be remembered that such a stationary circular is still made by hand. Therefore, in order to avoid injury, it is better to secure your work as much as possible. You can install protection in the form of a special movable casing located above the edge of the disc.
It is also best not to make a circular with a drill. Although many craftsmen recommend this method because of its simplicity and economy, at the slightest mistake, serious injury cannot be avoided.
In the question of how to make a circular saw out of a circular saw, the most important thing is to remember about the functionality of the base. It is best to install the table on a high-quality and rigid base that does not bend or wobble. This ensures safe working and an even cut.
If possible, it will be good to weld it from a metal corner in accordance with the dimensions of the already finished countertop. In an extreme case, it is permissible to build a base like a wooden underframe.
Circular from an angle grinder
If you have your own “angle grinder”, it is very good. To create a “circular”, you need to make an axial handle and a sliding stop to the unit. The design of the sliding stop includes a pair of steel angle pieces located on the sides of the saw blade. With the help of nuts and bolts, they are connected by a transverse bundle, and the gap between the working part and the sidewalls of the structure will be provided with washers.
On the “angle grinder” you need to pre-tighten the metal band clamp with a screw tie down. Then you need to attach the double-folded metal strip to the holes for the sliding stop. The stand and clamp can be combined, but in this situation the metal strip will be too thick.
Then, in the gearbox of the future tool, you will need to make several holes for the bolts. For this purpose, the body is disassembled, and the points where drilling will take place are indicated. With the help of the holes made, the axial handle is fixed, because the “standard” handle will not allow making a good cut, even if the master has very strong hands.
The handle is created from a metal tube or rod. Designs can be shaped like horns or braces. The ends of the element with which it will be attached to the gearbox must be provided with holes for installing fasteners.
You also need to make a barbell that will regulate the process. For this purpose, you need to take a piece of a metal rod, make a loop from one end of it, rivet it slightly and make a hole for the front stop bolt.
The other end of the rod needs to be threaded, which will allow you to connect it to the handle. In advance, one strong nut should be screwed onto this thread, and after the structure is assembled, the second. By lowering and pulling them, you can adjust the cutting depth. By the way, if you use a drill instead of an angle grinder, you can make a similar tool.
Thus, you can independently make a good circular saw out of an ordinary angle grinder, with which you can cut various materials.
Compact benchtop machine
Above we talked about how to assemble a hand circular. Now we will tell you how to turn this device into a stationary one. This process involves the manufacture of a U-shaped bed from a pipe, as well as the installation of a transverse arm. The lower ends of the structure should bend horizontally in the direction of the cut. They are bolted to the table. Stability is provided by additional supports.
Lever mobility provided by cutting the horizontal segment into two identical parts, which are fixed to each other with clamps. The saw blade is attached to the vertical element of the bed with clamps.
How to make a stationary or manual circular with your own hands
A hand-made circular saw is an excellent tool that allows you to solve a large number of household and other tasks. In fact, it is not difficult to make this device on your own, even in that situation, if you do not have any special skills, the most important thing is to understand at least a little the principle of processing metal alloys.
The materials needed for the job can be found in the home workshop or in the garage. So, circular from a circular saw do it yourself is made of the following elements:
- Corner of strong steel;
- Rectangular shaped tube;
The finished circular saw can be positioned on a workbench. If you don’t have one, you will have to make the table yourself. The engine can be taken from an old tiller or washing machine.
Description of the workflow
How the saw blade guide is made. To make the cut straight, a guide ruler attached to the workbench will help.
The essence of the device is to prevent the sawing material from moving during operation.
The easiest option is to attach two profiles, one to the base of the saw and the other to the sawing table.
To do this, you need to pick up two pieces of pipe, you can use an aluminum square profile of different sizes. The pipes must be cut vertically with an angle grinder. You should get a design according to similarity rails, when one part fits into another.
Next, you need to measure the piece along the length of the table. Pre-cut the recess and fit the profile into it, securing it with bolts from the bottom. The smaller profile is cut to the length of the sole and bolted. The edges of the metal should be sanded so that they do not interfere with smooth movement. All that remains is to combine both profiles and test the device.
To work with plexiglass, plastic, laminate, a mini-circular can be useful. A small design similar to a stool center discat.
This model is designed for thin sheets of material and will not withstand heavy loads.
You can use an angle grinder by attaching it from below using the above method.
For an emphasis, you can attach a beam with a height of 2 cm.
The legs do not need to be reinforced because the device is to be moved.
The motor power on the microcircular is small. Up to 40 W. The disc can be taken from a hand saw, but it is quite possible to use a prefabricated structure, where a threaded rod acts as a shaft. A construction pin. The disc is fastened with a nut screwed onto the thread.
Description of work:
- Turn the tabletop over, mark with a marker and cut a hole for the disc.
- Cut the top layer according to the shape of the sole to a depth of 0.7 mm.
- Take two bars and fix the sole parallel to the length of the table with self-tapping screws.
- Secure the sole perpendicular to the table with two more slats.
The attachment of the circular saw to the workbench is now complete. If permanent work is planned, then you can equip the table with an additional emphasis. This requires a flat bar along the length of the countertop. It is required to install it parallel to the saw blade, preferably in a recess, fasten with bolts. It is important to align the part well so that it is located strictly parallel. The quality of the cut will depend on this, especially if you need to make furniture.
The simplest circular saw frame, the drive power of which does not exceed 0.8. 12 kilowatts, is quite affordable to make with your own hands from thick plywood and wooden blocks. For the drive, you can use an electric drill “BOSCH GSB 19-2” (power 0.85 kilowatts) or “DWT SBM-1050” (power 1.05 kilowatts), which is attached to under the slab using a special bracket. The length of the bed will depend on the length of the material being cut. For the table, you need to purchase bakelite plywood with a thickness of at least 50.0 millimeters. Of course, a wooden frame is not suitable for professional work, but in order to dissolve the boards, quickly saw through the bars, such a homemade construction is quite enough.
At the first stage of making a bed with a wooden tabletop with your own hands, the existing plywood sheet is placed in accordance with the existing sketch or drawing. In order to reduce the number of cuts, the marking is carried out from the edges of the sheet. A hacksaw with a fine tooth or a jigsaw is used as a tool.
On the underside of the sawn-off piece, a slot for the disc is marked. Cutting can be done with a finger mill, fixing it with your own hands in an electric drill chuck. In order to maintain the straightness of the cutting edges, a simple home-made copier of two metal corners is attached to the tabletop with clamps.Further work depends on the fastening mechanism of the circular saw blade. The easiest way is to manually install it on two bearing supports, and the drive is carried out through a belt drive from a separate electric motor or from an electric drill.
To give additional rigidity to the tabletop, it is advisable to fix stiffeners along its edges, which can be made from bars or aluminum corners. Fastening of the stiffeners to the table is carried out using self-tapping screws. To give greater strength to the entire structure, an additional layer of epoxy glue can be applied to the joint, which will fix the bar to the tabletop along the entire joint plane.The distance from the edge of the countertop to the bar should be 2.0. 4.0 centimeters.
After that, in accordance with the selected drive design, the circular disk support assembly is attached. For reliable fastening, it is better to fix the bearing housings to the bed using a screw, threaded connection. In this case, the countersunk screw heads are located on the upper plane of the table top and should not protrude above its plane. The upper working surface of the working table should be coated with a wear-resistant varnish and polished.
How to make a circular with your own hands from a hand-held circular saw
If a person lives in a private house or has a summer cottage and garden plot, then the presence of a stationary circular saw in the arsenal of a home craftsman is not only desirable, but sometimes necessary. Unfortunately, the cost of an industrially manufactured sample of such a saw does not correspond to the frequency of its use at home, and for some Russians it is simply beyond their means. At the same time, making a “circular” with your own hands is quite simple, using a sewing machine drive or an ordinary electric drill. However, the quality of work and the range of operations performed largely depend on the frame of the circular saw.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used for cutting wood, plastic. Its cutting base is a flat metal disc with a serrated outer edge. Choosing such a tool, everyone decides for himself what kind he needs: desktop, manual, stationary. Many people prefer the manual option. However, in some situations it is necessary to secure the saw. In this case, you can make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, having the opportunity to fix the tool if necessary.
Preparation of tools and materials
Having decided to make a table for a hand-held circular saw yourself, you need to take care of the availability of all the materials necessary for work:
- Film faced plywood (9 or 11 mm), size 800 mm by 800 mm;
- Chipboard 16 mm or other sheet material suitable for the manufacture of the case, sheet size 400 by 784 mm. 4 pieces;
- Bars 40 x 40 mm (length depends on the installation method);
- Self-tapping screws;
Any hand-held circular saw is suitable for such a table. It should be remembered that when attached to the table, the cutting depth decreases by 10–20 mm. So saws with small discs are not suitable for such a table.
Step-by-step instructions for assembling a circular saw table
1. Manufacturing of the case. The sheet material for the body is cut to size: 400 mm by 800 mm. Parts are fastened using self-tapping screws and bars. It is better to carry out the assembly by pre-drilling the outer parts of the box. The result is a rectangular box without a bottom and a lid. The top of the blocks is then used to secure the plywood sheet.
2. Prepare and fix the plywood top. Slot holes. First, a piece of 800 mm by 80 mm is cut from a sheet of plywood. Next, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the saw that will be mounted on the tabletop. On the back of the plywood, markings are made. You will need 2 center axes. Without them, you cannot perform accurate markup. Then marks are applied to the plywood, corresponding to the dimensions of the support shoe. Then they make such measurements that the circular has: the diameter of the lower protective casing, its thickness, the maximum distance from the edges of the support shoe. In accordance with the obtained dimensions, they put marks and cut out a rectangular hole with a jigsaw.
3. Fixing the saw to the plywood table top. First, 4 holes are made in the shoe. Diameter. 10 mm. Then the tool is installed so that the working part goes into the cut hole. When the saw is aligned, mark the location of the holes. Marks are made in the central part. In order for the tool to stand securely, plow bolts with a countersunk cone head (M8) will be needed for fastening. To install them, you will have to take care of a high-quality deepening of the cap, it can protrude a maximum of 1 mm in an untightened state.
Plywood is drilled from the outside, the diameter of the holes obtained should be 8 mm, and then a countersink should be made under the head. When the holes are ready, the saw itself is installed on the sawing table for the circular saw, the bolts are tightened from the inside using nuts with plastic grovers or spring washers.
4. Fastening the table top to the body. Start button. First, at a distance of 30 mm, holes are made in the corners of the plywood tabletop. Then a hole is drilled in the central part of the bars. The parts are connected using a steel foot M8 by 18 mm. On the side part, the usual “Start. Start” button is installed. An electrical network is laid inside the body, and the button on the instrument itself is clamped.
5. Manufacturing of a thrust beam. A simple circular saw table will become much more convenient if you equip it with a persistent bar. The drawings contain all the dimensions you need. The beam can be made of plywood and secured with full extension furniture rails. The resulting beam should slide over the surface at a 90 ° angle to the cut plane with little clearance.
6. Stop for rip cuts. It is made from an aluminum curtain rod. At 150 mm from the edges, holes are first drilled for the bolts, and then 2 lines are drawn from the bolt attachment point to the axial mowing line. At the intersection and further towards the bolts, 12 mm holes are made at a distance of 30 mm. Tighten the bolts from below with nuts. And according to the drawn lines, they make cuts for the tonic, their width can be seen in the photo.
Information on how to make a table for a circular saw can be viewed at This will help you quickly and easily improve the equipment of your workshop.