How to make a circular table
We make a table for a circular saw with our own hands
Many carpenters have a wide variety of different saws. Some can be worked without additional devices, but the circular will be difficult to use manually. A hand-made circular saw table, made by yourself, is a very real way to save money and provide yourself with a comfortable cut of a large amount of materials. over, it is not difficult to do it, the main thing is to draw up drawings correctly and provide yourself with the necessary tools.
The design of a hand-held circular table is so elementary that most of the specialists produce it without preparatory drawings and techniques. This is a solid workbench that is crafted from wood and plywood.
The most durable table bases are made of alloy. They are also the most difficult and require the presence of welder skills. Therefore, the coasters are often made from the remnants of lumber. A circular saw is attached under the tabletop, the drive protrudes above it through a specially made slot. The lumber is moved along the table top and sawn with a disc. For convenience and correct operation, the table is equipped with additional devices: an angular and longitudinal stop.
The table top “absorbs” part of the working plane of the disc, the cutting depth will decrease by the thickness of the table top. For this reason, it is preferable to choose the circular with the largest disc diameter, and the table top is thin but rigid.
If the saw has not been purchased yet, choose the high power versions (from 1200 W). They will cope with cutting large-sized timber. Holes will be drilled to secure the base. Solid base may burst. For this reason, it is advisable to select a different type of mechanism.
Homemade table can be made of wood
For such a table, wood, plywood or chipboard can be used. MDF and chipboard are also suitable. Some people prefer to choose steel or aluminum.
Steel plate circular machine table
It is not recommended to use plastic, it is completely unsuitable for a table of this purpose. If wood is chosen, then after the assembly is completed, the product should be treated with a special antiseptic composition. This will provide reliable protection from moisture and help prevent rotting.
To make a saw table yourself, you need to prepare materials.
- Selected raw materials for the base. The thickness should be 21 mm.
- The beam required for the frame. An edged board with a length of 3 meters with dimensions of 50 to 150 mm is suitable. You need 5 pieces in total.
- Dowels made of wood with dimensions of 10 cm.Not less than 12 pieces.
- Wood glue.
- Metal fasteners in the amount of 4 pieces.
- Metal corners. Enough 10 pieces.
- Self-tapping screws.
These elements must be prepared in advance and placed near the workplace.
Table production process
- Cut a tabletop of the required size from a sheet of plywood. The markings are applied to the lower area using a metal ruler and a pencil. Plywood is cut with a jigsaw, the edges are milled if necessary. If the plywood is not laminated, we clean the surface of the table with sandpaper.
- They are shifted and markings are made from the bottom for attaching a hand-held circular. To do this, remove the disc from the device and place it with the sole in the required place. We carry out marks on the tabletop and in the base for fasteners and a hole for a saw blade. Drill holes for bolts. They will twist from above under the countertop and hold with nuts below. Therefore, the holes are countersunk from the edge of the working plane, and the bolt heads are leveled so that they do not protrude.
- If it is planned to cut the material at different angles, the slot for the saw wheel is made in the form of an overturned trapezoid. For direct sawing, an ordinary groove is made. Before marking the slot and holes for fasteners, you need to attach a saw, adjust the marks and only then cut.
- Draw the areas where the ribs are located with a pencil. They are made of planks and installed at the bottom 8-9 cm from the edge of the countertop itself. The table legs must be fixed to the ribs. The ribs are fixed with self-tapping screws at intervals of 15-25 cm, in addition, PVA is glued. Self-tapping screws are screwed on top, under the table top, the heads are completely recessed. The ribs are fastened together with self-tapping screws.
- The legs are made from a bar or a board, their length will be from 100 to 113 cm. The legs that diverge downward will give significant stability. They are fixed on large bolts, twisted on the outside, and reinforced with nuts on the inside. Timber screeds will strengthen the frame.
- In order to adjust the height of the table, nuts are attached below, into which the M14 bolts are screwed. Now you can fix the saw from below by passing the drive into the prepared slot.
- We attach an electrical outlet to the table, start up an electrical cable from it and put a switch. The power to the outlet will be supplied from the switch. From it we extend the cable to the nearest source in the workshop. With the support of the screed, fix the ON-OFF button on the circular saw body in a recessed state.
- Let’s start producing auxiliary stops. The stop will require a square cut aluminum tube and 2 screws with wing nuts. Saw off a piece of pipe along the length of the table top, make holes for screws 3 cm from the edge. 2 clamps are cut from pieces of plywood. System ready.
- For processing across the table, we carry out plywood sleds. We level them relative to the edges of the table, press down and move them along the toothed circle. In the section of the circle, we saw a hole. Small components can be placed directly inside the sled and sawed. Dust will be evacuated from under the table, but a significant part of it will still fly upwards, so it is good to supplement the device with an upper dust collector.
Working with a circular saw is very dangerous, for this reason you need to worry about protecting your fingers. Cut a pusher from a piece of board or furniture board.
The first stage in creating a machine for woodworking is the drawings of the sawing table. They can be omitted by choosing a suitable option on thematic sites or forums. But it is better to make at least the simplest scheme yourself, taking into account the materials available and the selected sizes.
On the drawing, they mark all the nuances that will be needed for the preparation of materials, indicate the attachment points of the supports and their angles of inclination, if the table legs are not perpendicular to the table top. In the figure, it is also worth noting the place for attaching the block for turning the saw on and off. When drawing up a diagram on your own, observing the scale and exact proportions is not necessary. The main thing is to correctly indicate the dimensions of all future parts for the sawing machine.
Stages of work
A circular saw is a pretty dangerous tool. The saw table must be positioned so that the saw is exactly in the center, without shifting the center of gravity. Based on the charts drawn up on the board, markings are made with a pencil, and then the base is cut out with a jigsaw. After that, the resulting tabletop must be carefully sanded to give smoothness.
After the work done, the tabletop is turned over and the markings are applied on the inside to deepen under the sole of the circular. Recesses are created with a milling cutter. The saw is installed in a homemade table, carefully fastened and tested for strength.
When making a table for a circular saw with your own hands, do not forget about the stiffeners. They significantly strengthen the structure, especially in conjunction with self-tapping screws.
The legs for the hand circular are attached last. The dimensions, as well as the height, depend on the master, the main thing is to properly fix them on bolts and self-tapping screws. They need to be set slightly off guard, and to control the strength with the help of all the same stiffeners.
Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
After making the main body, the saw is installed in a homemade table.
- At the stages of manufacturing the table structure, all the necessary holes were cut in the tabletop.
- During the installation of a stationary saw, it is necessary to perfectly adjust the inclination of the tool, otherwise the sawing of wooden parts will be of poor quality. The first step is to install the tool on the finished tabletop in all grooves and determine whether you need to change the slope. If the angle does not correspond to the desired one, then you will have to adjust it using special bolts, this is the easiest option. Or you can cut out special pieces that will be attached to the tabletop, and already on top of them, at the right angle, the saw will be attached.
- If the tool is in place correctly, all the holes converge, you need to position and fasten the sole to the table with bolts and tighten them from the inside using nuts with lock washers.
- After the hand-held circular saw is installed, you need to take a block slightly larger than those with which the tilt angle was adjusted and fix it on the tabletop in the place where the saw platform was marked.
This block is needed so that after dismantling the circular saw from the table, you can build it in exactly the same place without using any additional markings.
How to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands?
- Selection of tools and materials
- Manufacturing process
- Installing a circular saw in a homemade table
- Safety engineering
The circular saw is an excellent maneuverable tool with high productivity. However, like all tools, the saw has some disadvantages. For example, you may have trouble cutting large pieces of wood. In such a situation, a special table made by hand will help you. This design will allow you to easily and quickly cut large parts without unnecessary problems.
It is quite simple to create with your own hands a multifunctional design for an electric circular saw, however, it is necessary that the manufacturing process goes strictly according to certain stages. Strict adherence to the advice is necessary so that there are no problems or difficulties.
- First of all, each master must create a drawing and a plan for the future product. According to the drawings, the work is much easier to perform, the risks of making something wrong or of poor quality are reduced. At the planning stage, you need to take into account the dimensions of the future structure as clearly as possible.
- After creating a plan and a rough sketch of the product, as well as preparing all the necessary materials and a set of tools, we begin to manufacture the table body. We align all the edges of the bar with a plane. Then, from sheet material and aligned bars, we assemble the base, the dimensions of which were determined at the planning stage. The working surface area is usually about 1-1.5 square meters. All parts are attached to each other with bolts and screws. At the end of the work, we get a box without the upper and lower parts.
- Next comes the manufacture of a tabletop for a sawing machine, it is cut out of plywood or chipboard sheet based on the size of the frame. The table top should be the same area or slightly larger. The main thing is that it does not outweigh the body to one side. If the table top is made of non-laminated material, then it should be sanded and trimmed. Further, using a ruler and a pencil on the table top, the marking of the attachment points of the saw to it, as well as the upper part of the table to the main body is performed.
- The next step is to cut a hole for the saw itself. For this, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the sawing machine, which will later be used on this structure. On the reverse side of the tabletop, the corresponding markings are made, which will accurately determine the attachment point and the area along which it is necessary to cut the circular disc. For accurate marking, it is better to draw axes that connect exactly in the center of the plywood sheet. After determining the axes and making accurate markings, you need to cut a hole for the disc, as well as drill holes for attaching the saw shoe.
- The circular saw is attached to the plywood tabletop from the back (inside). To do this, you need to make 4 holes in the shoe of the saw itself, their diameter should be about 1 centimeter. Then you should completely align the saw and match all the markings so that the tool is level, all the marks and holes correspond to each other, the disc fits freely into the central hole of the tabletop. In order for the saw to be securely attached to the table, it is necessary to use special countersunk head plowshares, the head of such bolts must be deeply immersed in the sole of the tool and not stick out.
- Then the saw is set aside and the assembly of the table continues. In order for the structure to be stable. special attention should be paid to her legs. The legs that diverge downward will provide the best stability of the structure. They are fixed with large bolts and nuts.
The length of the legs is determined individually, in accordance with the height of the person who will work at the table. Ideally, the tabletop, and, accordingly, the saw itself should be located just above the master’s belt.
- The next step is to attach the tabletop to the cabinet. At a distance of about 3 centimeters from the edge, you need to make holes in the corners of the plywood, then holes are drilled in the corner bars for further fastening the bolts in them. Further, the parts are connected using steel fittings M8.
- After the structure is assembled, it is necessary to fix a special switch on the table, which will regulate the turning on and off of the saw with an electric motor. To do this, cut a hole in the housing for the switch and fix it with bolts, special glue or a construction screed. There must be electrical power from the switch to the saw itself, which means it must be connected to any electrical source in your workshop using a cable. It attaches from the side of the bottom of the countertop using construction fasteners.
- Then you can make special stops. First, a cross beam is made, it greatly simplifies the work with the structure. It is carried out mainly from plywood or chipboard. First, you need to cut out 2 strips equal in length to the width of the table, the second side should be about 100 millimeters, the corners of the strips must be rounded.
- Then the workpieces are ground and fastened with self-tapping screws at a slight angle, a metal corner is screwed inside. After that, the strips are attached to the table on movable furniture rails, which will allow these stops to move along the entire table.
- If you wish, you can make various additions to this design, it all depends on your skills. Some craftsmen remove the safety guard and all the devices for adjusting the tilt of the blade, this allows you to get an additional few millimeters of cut. Some replace the factory platform with a turntable of their own manufacture, with a professional approach this also gives a number of advantages in work.
- The construction is completed with the stage of processing and preparation for operation. The entire table should once again be sanded, wiped and varnished or with special agents that ensure durability of use and repell moisture and rust.
- Before using the saw on the table, you should check the saw blade itself using a square, since some unscrupulous manufacturers do not set the blade exactly at an angle of 90 degrees, as a result, the cuts turn out to be beveled.
- If during work you plan to use the table also for storing tools on it, then the dimensions of the tabletop should be more than a square meter in area.
- For manufacturing, it is better to use high-quality and durable materials, otherwise the table will not last long.
- The table can be supplemented with anything you like, for example, some manage to attach a special vacuum cleaner or a riving knife with a disc protection to it, so that chips and residues from cutting wood do not fly around.
- Choose a place for the table in advance, and also make sure that the floor where the table will be installed is level.
- If you have the desire and certain skills, you can make a folding tabletop or a lifting table, but this will take more time and materials.
- If the table shakes or vibrates during operation, adjust the feet with suitable pieces of rubber.
EASY Round Rustic Table Tops | How To!
Since a circular saw is an electrical device, it is better to work with it by a specialist who understands electricity. It is also better to entrust the transfer of the switch to another place to a specialist.
Selection of tools and materials
At the beginning of work, you need to make sure that all the necessary raw materials are always at hand, as well as a set of tools that would be useful throughout all actions. To create a table, you need the following materials:
- plywood about 2-3 centimeters thick or an identical piece of chipboard;
- wooden bars measuring 40×40 millimeters;
- metal building corners. 12-15 pieces;
- self-tapping screws of different lengths and bolts of different classifications;
- glue used in carpentry;
- means for treating the product against moisture and rust;
- external socket;
This set of materials is required for a standard construction of ordinary dimensions with an area of just over one square meter. Almost any hand-held circular saw can work on such a table, except for tools with small discs, since the cutting depth sags during attachment to the tabletop, on average by 1-2 centimeters.
The following tools will come in handy for your work:
- marker or thick pencil;
- tape measure, metal ruler, angle;
- it is preferable to work with wood, metal and chemicals outdoors or in a well-ventilated area;
- the workplace must be kept clean and tidy;
- periodically it is necessary to check the stability of the structure, as well as the serviceability of equipment and electrical appliances;
- before turning on the saw, you need to make sure that it is well fixed;
- when working, you need to use special glasses and gloves;
- you need to keep a first aid kit at hand.
Making a table for a circular saw is not so difficult, but it does require some skill in joinery. Having at hand the necessary tools and materials and clearly following the step-by-step instructions, you can make a table of the required dimensions, as well as equip it with all the necessary additions.
For how to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, see the next video.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used for cutting wood, plastic. Its cutting base is a flat metal disc with a serrated outer edge. Choosing such a tool, everyone decides for himself what kind he needs: desktop, manual, stationary. Many people prefer the manual option. However, in some situations it is necessary to secure the saw. In this case, you can make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, having the opportunity, if necessary, to fix the tool.
Preparation of tools and materials
Having decided to make a table for a hand-held circular saw yourself, you need to take care of the availability of all the materials necessary for work:
- film faced plywood (9 or 11 mm), size 800 mm by 800 mm;
- Chipboard 16 mm or other sheet material suitable for the manufacture of the case, sheet size 400 by 784 mm. 4 pieces;
- bars 40 x 40 mm (length depends on the installation method);
- self-tapping screws;
Any hand-held circular saw is suitable for such a table. It should be remembered that when attached to the table, the cutting depth decreases by 10–20 mm. So saws with small discs are not suitable for such a table.
Step-by-step instructions for assembling a circular saw table
Manufacturing of the case. The sheet material for the body is cut to size: 400 mm by 800 mm. Parts are fastened with self-tapping screws and bars. It is better to carry out the assembly by pre-drilling the outer parts of the box. The result is a rectangular box without a bottom and a lid. The upper part of the bars is subsequently used to secure a sheet of plywood.
Preparing and securing the plywood top. Slot holes. First, a piece of 800 mm by 80 mm is cut from a sheet of plywood. Next, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the saw that will be mounted on the tabletop. On the back of the plywood, markings are made. 2 center axes are required. Without them, you cannot perform accurate markup. Then marks are applied to the plywood, corresponding to the dimensions of the support shoe. Then they make such measurements that the circular has: the diameter of the lower protective casing, its thickness, the maximum distance from the edges of the support shoe. In accordance with the dimensions obtained, they put marks and cut out a rectangular hole with a jigsaw.
Attaching the saw to a plywood tabletop. First, 4 holes are made in the shoe. Diameter. 10 mm. Next, the tool is installed so that the working part goes into the cut hole. When the saw is aligned, mark the location of the holes. Marks are made in the central part. In order for the tool to stand securely, plowshare bolts with a countersunk conical head (M8) will be needed for fastening. To install them, you will have to take care of a high-quality deepening of the cap, it can protrude by a maximum of 1 mm in a loose form.
Plywood is drilled from the outside, the diameter of the holes obtained should be 8 mm, and then a countersink should be made under the head. When the holes are ready, the saw itself is installed on the sawing table for the circular saw, the bolts are tightened from the inside using nuts with plastic grovers or spring washers.
Fastening the table top to the body. Start button. First, at a distance of 30 mm, holes are made in the corners of the plywood tabletop. Then a hole is drilled in the central part of the bars. The parts are connected using a steel foot M8 by 18 mm. On the side part, the usual “Start. Start” button is installed. An electrical network is laid inside the case, and the button on the instrument itself is clamped.
Manufacturing of a thrust beam. A simple circular saw table will become much more convenient if you equip it with a stop beam. The drawings contain all the dimensions you need. The beam can be made from plywood and secured with full extension furniture rails. The resulting beam should slide over the surface at an angle of 90 ° to the plane of cut with little clearance.
Stop for rip cuts. It is made from an aluminum curtain rod. At 150 mm from the edges, holes are first drilled for the bolts, and then 2 lines are drawn from the bolt attachment point to the axial mowing line. At the intersection and further towards the bolts, 12 mm holes are made at a distance of 30 mm. Tighten the bolts from below with nuts. And according to the drawn lines, they make cuts for the tonic, their width can be seen in the photo.
How To Make A Homemade Table Saw With Circular Saw
Information on how to make a table for a circular saw can be seen in the video. This will help you quickly and easily improve your workshop equipment.