How to make a disc cutter for a power tiller. Materials and tools needed
Hiller for power tiller with his own hands: drawings and subtleties of their creation
You can make a disc device with your own hands for the motor-block Neva. For this fit improvised materials, which will reduce the cost of the finished product. Prepare a sheet of steel. The thickness of 2 mm is sufficient. Cut round discs. 2 pieces. It is necessary to sharpen each edge to prevent resistance to the ground when working. Carefully observe all the stages:
- Bend the elements with a hammer. One side will be concave, the other convex. This way the blades can rake the soil more and do the sprinkling of plants.
- Fixing bolts, welds connect the rack, turnbuckle, T-shaped leash.
- To attach the wheels use adapters.
- The distance between the blades must be equal to the width of the row spacing on the bed.
As a side note! Use the turnbuckle to make a swivel angle in the vertical plane.
The entire structure by means of a leash is mounted on a power tiller bracket, secured with bolts, locking elements. The plowing equipment is ready.
What kinds of planters are available?
The tool for ridging beds can be purchased in a store of agricultural equipment or make your own hands.
This kind of planter is often used for light types of soil. The furrows can be made after the preliminary loosening of the soil with the cultivator.
Before planting crops, cuts a couple of furrows. It is also used for loosening and ploughing. This implement has a frame on which two working tools are fitted. This characteristic saves a lot of time. Can be attached to a single-axle tractor with a hitch. However, this kind of mower needs a lot of resistance to work. Therefore it is often used in conjunction with a tine bar.
This kind of planter works with special propellers. They are used to dig into the ground and remove weeds, before the beds can be loosened. This option is used for front-drive tractors with two forward speeds. This is because the power is increased to nearly 200 rpm on the last speed.
At maximum speed, the sharecropper can also be used to move soil from between the seedbeds into the furrows.
In this tool, the wheels are replaced by spiral toothed rotors. In practice, this kind of tool shows an impressive level of performance in creating furrows, loosening the soil and dipping potatoes. Can be used on a three-speed power tiller (two speeds and reverse). At the slowest speed the tool perches the planting, while at the next speed it reclaims the soil from the space between the rows.
For soil treatment it is universal. Working part. steel concave discs. Plunging into the soil at a given distance, they loosen it, thus forming a ridge. To make the use more effective, it is necessary to install the discs at an angle vertically and relative to the direction of movement of the equipment.
How to make a disc tip for your power tiller with your own hands is described below. Drawings and dimensions with photos are included with how to make the tool.
Has a fixed working width. Often used on fairly weak power tillers, whose power does not exceed four horsepower. It can work seedbeds with a width of about 30 cm. Has a thin stand and a pair of side wings. The stand protects the tool itself from overload and mechanical damage. This type of mower can only be used on dry ground. soil buildup will greatly interfere with the movable parts of the design.
You can also find lister nozzles on which you can control the width of tillage. They are designed for larger power tillers with four horsepower or more. This tool can also be used to work on wet soil.
Suggestions for use
Even if you make a proper planter, you need to learn how to use it. Assembling the design with your own hands should conduct a test run on the plot. Quality of operation depends on several things: in what state of the soil, climatic conditions and weather on the day of plowing, the competence of setting, sharpening elements.
- It is necessary to pass the product on ordinary soil to adjust the level of the angle of elements, the depth of their immersion into the ground.
- It should be much smaller than the plough.
- Accurate timing of the task eliminates moments such as scattering the earth sideways, deterioration of the furrows created.
Attention! Do not turn on the equipment if there are animals and children nearby. It is strictly forbidden to leave the power tool without supervision or operate it in a defective condition
That can have disastrous consequences.
It is not difficult to make a disc coulter for a power tiller with your own hands
It is important to approach the process correctly, to prepare materials, tools. It is desirable to have a helper nearby, so it would be convenient to fasten the parts
The finished construction will amaze you with its operational properties, technical characteristics.
What is the best tool for the tiller?
Cultivation with a power tiller will be effective if the right attachments have been selected. There are several types of ridgers, which are on the market in a large range.
Lister (with fixed width)
Equipment can be used on machines with power up to 3.5 liters. с., Suitable for narrow row spacing (25-30 cm wide). The design consists of two special wings, which are firmly fixed. The model stand is very thin.
Ploughing With Bike II Farmer New Technique II Intercultural Operation II Innovative Idea II
The disadvantage of this equipment is the sticking of the soil in case of high humidity.
Equipped with a variable width planter
The equipment allows you to adjust the width of the row spacing, so you can use it to handle beds, the size and width of which is varied.
The tiller is suitable for power tillers of different types, such as Neva MB 2 and MB 1, Agro, is also used for models with high power.
The disadvantage of this device is its high power input.
Convenient and very simple tool dips plants, prepares furrows for subsequent planting of seeds. It is built with special discs that are positioned at an angle.
This model is by far the most effective for hilling, but it is more expensive.
With this hill tool, the wings rotate both horizontally and vertically, making plowing much easier and less energy demanding. Despite this efficiency, the cost of the hoe is affordable.
Rotary Active Ridder
It’s also called a propeller and is part of the new generation of design. This kind of tool not only loosens the soil, but also works to put dirt on the roots of the plants.
The disadvantage of the model. it is not suitable for all power tillers, as the equipment can only be operated in second gear, which is not available in every unit.
There’s no telling what kind of planter is best for the plot. The choice of equipment depends on the type of work, conditions and price. An alternative can be the use of homemade ouchers, which can be attached to any power tiller.
Disc coulter for power tiller Spherical discs, with their own hands
Making a hedgehog hoe with your own hands
Making a homemade hedgehog planter for a power tiller will be more difficult than a disc or lister-type planter. Therefore, it is worth preparing more thoroughly before starting to make it by watching a few video and photo instructions of various “homemade”.
- First of all, you need to cut 2 circles with a diameter of 27 cm and 2 circles with a diameter of 6 cm out of 5-8 mm thick sheet steel with an angle grinder, smooth the edges and give it a good sanding.
- Cut out the smaller circles (diameter around 15-16 cm) in the big discs, so that you can make the rings. In order to cut inner circles, you will need a plasma cutter or drilling machine. The edges of the blades and the resulting middle discs should be smoothed and deburred. Drill a hole of about 2 cm in the small discs, the drill and metal drill bit should be suitable for this purpose.
- Use a drill and a metal drill bit to drill the holes for fixing the studs. There are about 15 in the rings, 10 in the middle discs, and 5 in the small discs. Next, use an angle grinder to cut the edges of the discs and rings up to the holes. The hubs should be shaped like pinions.
- Now fabricate the wheel hubs. A steel pipe with 25mm diameter and 4 bearings that fit the inner diameter of the pipe are suitable for this purpose. Use an angle grinder to cut 2 pieces of pipe, grind the edge and inner surface on both sides, insert the bearings.
- Center the middle discs on a lathe to the diameter of the hubs. The disc should fit snugly on the hub, but be removable without using additional tools.
- On a lathe to make thrust bushings (anthers), closing the bearings. Two of the bushes should fit the diameter of the axle, and two should fit the bolt 10.
- Start with the axle and put the sleeve on it, then the bearing, the spacer sleeve, and the bearing and the hub. Put a hub with a smaller hole on top and fix the whole assembly with a bolt. Assemble the second hub in the same way.
- You can now start cutting the 6 cm long cleats. For them take a steel wire with a diameter of 12 mm, and cut at an angle of 45° at one end. you need as many of these blanks as there are notches for them on the discs and rings of the future hedgehog. Grind the unevenness of the cut edges of the studs on an emery machine. Weld them onto the discs and rings.
- The stage of assembling the “hedgehogs” includes the installation of the rings on the hubs (using templates: the hub and the washer welded to it by the inner diameter of the rings), middle and small discs. Ensure that all blades always point in the same direction as the direction of travel. Installed parts are fixed by welding.
- Make distance bars out of 12mm diameter wire, and weld to the barbs, 6 for each rocker spike. Remove the templates, adjust the discs and re-weld everything. Weld mounting sleeves to the free end of the axles. Paint the frame to prevent rust.
- For these “hedgehogs” we will use the frame of the disk mower, and make the brackets of 30 mm diameter wire and homemade bushes with a hole for the bolt for 16mm. Bolt on the ouches.
Knowing the principle of making a homemade planter, you can conclude which one is the best to work with, and which one is easier to assemble. The technology is the same, except for the small parts for each kind of planter. The method of assembly and type of equipment determines the adjustment of the attachment. Not buying factory-made plows, but making them with your own hands, you can save money.
What kind of tillers for your power tiller do you use for potatoes or other vegetables?
Before proceeding to the breakdown of this or that way of independent fabrication of the dipper, it is necessary to list the minimum list of what we will certainly need in the course of work.
Of course, no one is forcing us to retrain as a blacksmith to forge all the necessary parts by the ancient method used a few decades ago. But an elementary list of welding and locksmith equipment we still need:
- A welder (preferably an arc welder).
- angle grinder with a set of different disks and nozzles.
- Electric drill with a set of reliable drill bits.
- Electric emery machine.
- Gas torch, which is necessary for heating the metal in the hardening process.
- Vise or workbench.
- Various files and other consumables (bolts and other fasteners).
This list applies directly to the tools we need. Apart from that you will need the material from which you are going to make your own assembly, but this will be discussed in more detail when describing how to make the rocker arm.
Block: 3/6 | Number of characters: 1126
How to mount the rocker arm to a single axle tractor
Installing the rocker to a single-axle tractor requires proper adjustment of the angle of attack and depth of plunge, which should be less than that of the plow.
Before working with the rocker arm, the following work should be done:
- Mount the wheels and the hitch on the single axle tractor, then hitch the rocker to the tractor.
- The single-axle tractor is placed on a level surface, and the headstock is lowered to the ground and secured to the hitch.
- When assembling the equipment, make sure that the buttstand is upright, so that the right angle of attack is set.
- Next, the equipment is lowered to ground level or slightly deepened into it, so that it is below the supporting surface of the groundhogs.
Do a little test digging and see: if the equipment goes into the ground, tilt the bar forward by raising the nose a little. If it comes out of the ground, tilt the bar back by lowering the tip. It is important to consider the width between the rows by adjusting the active parts of the unit.
Varieties of homemade and factory-made lister planters
The simplest unregulated planter is a single piece of two widely flared and curved slats mirroring each other and sharing a stiffener.
This is the base, but if you add flaps to it in the form of adjustable plates, you get an adjustable hand-hoe. Without slats it is an excellent tool for loosening the soil between the rows and prevents air from getting to the roots.
Fixed-grip tillers can be used on level fields, with the same row spacing when using a seeder. Such a tool is used with a low-power traction, as the adjustable plates create additional resistance layer of earth.
Medium power tillers are equipped with a device with an adjustable grip. Such designs are used in narrow row spacing of about 35 cm. Row on corn is done with just such a row setter.
But creating a breaker and making it work are two different stories. To control the depth into the ground, a frame construction with a hitch should be made to create an even ridge. Only a properly centered unit will expend the least amount of effort for good tillage. the rocker is lowered into the ground with the help of the upright post. If the potato mower to the tiller with your own hands when adjusting goes low or on the surface adjust the angle of the stand. For the lister double-row tool, the distance between the arms must be precisely set when mounting it to the frame.
How to set up and use the rocker arm
When installing the mower on a single-axle tractor, it’s important to orient it correctly. parallel to the row line
Before starting work attach the tool to the drawbar hitch and secure it with bolts or pins. To go faster, you can use cotter pins and hollow shafts.
Adjust the angle of e.g. a disc-type tool by tilting the frame towards the tiller. This partly affects the furrow depth. Adjust the rocker by moving the base in the vertical plane using the fixing holes in the stand. And by moving the brackets you can control the width of the pass.
Before starting work it is a good idea to check that all bolt connections are properly tightened. To do this you should do a test run on a non-growing area. In the process, it is necessary to monitor closely how individual assemblies work. If any faults are found, the loose couplings need to be tightened or the tool needs to be readjusted.
If a single-axle tractor is used for the first time, it is very important to carefully study the instructions for use and special recommendations on the safety of operating the equipment.
power tiller attachment.