How to Make a Hole In Concrete Without a Puncher
How to Make a Hole In Concrete Without Drills
How drill concrete a wall with a conventional drill and punch?
How to drill a concrete wall with a conventional drill? Such a question was probably asked by the master, when they had to hang shelves, cornices, etc.
Concrete is a strong material, therefore it can be drilled very poorly. Even how to drill a wall in a panel house, the task seems unsolvable.
Although, if you know certain secrets, such a process for you to greatly simplify.
Choose a tool
What is needed, the first question that a home foreman should ask for himself is not how to drill a concrete wall with reinforcement, but with what. The main assistant here will be a puncher, because it is intended for stone not concrete. Not looking at it even massive drill they can’t cope with a wall with a width of more than 12 cm. How to make a strob and fix the cable in it. Although if we are talking about foam concrete, it is more preferable to drill specifically, because the hammer will simply break it.
It also depends on the properties of the drill whether it will be possible to drill a hole in the concrete wall.
One good option is to use drills designed specifically for the impact drill. Their working part is a plate made of strong metal. Using these drills, the question is how to drill thin concrete wall, can be considered resolved.
There are also core drills that are diamond coated. They are very strong, use them in special drilling rigs, and therefore cost a lot. Therefore, they solve the problem of how to drill a hole in a concrete wall at home, it is impractical at least.
Often you need to get a large diameter hole in the wall for a wall outlet. How to drill a bearing wall in this case? Then the crowns are used, in which there are metal solders around the circumference. Crowns are found in a variety of sizes, but 68-centimeters, which are designed specifically for sockets, remain the most popular. When working with these parts, the hammer must turn off the shock mode.
How to make a hole in a concrete wall without a perforator and drill TEST!
If in the house you need to attach a baguette, but you do not have a jack drill, then the hole can to do using the usual
The eyes are scared. Hands do || How to “drill” a hole in concrete WITHOUT A PUNCH
The eyes are scared. Hands do || How to drill a hole in concrete WITHOUT PUNCHES My drill no drill
There are such crowns for drills. But they have a spraying of a different nature. From a carbide-tungsten alloy. It’s convenient to use them, as you can drill with a drill hole in the wall of concrete and at the same time make a hole in the tile, she is quite capable of it. Such crowns are used only with powerful drills.
Boers. Another device than drill concrete the wall. Their diameter is diverse. In the vast majority of cases, when installing a hidden electrical wiring, one can not do without such a dirty and noisy procedure as gating. Experienced craftsmen are advised to make a selection based on the diameter of the dowels.
We drill concrete with a perforator
So, how to drill a hole in a concrete slab using a hammer drill? The procedure is simple:
- The drill switches to shock mode, after which drilling begins; the tool must be kept strictly at a right angle;
- After a while, the drill is moistened with water, this will help to avoid overheating;
- After it is possible to drill a reinforced concrete wall, the drill, without turning off the device itself, needs to be removed;
- To clean the hole obtained from dust, a drill is launched into it several times.
Can’t drill a wall? Has the puncher run into something solid? So you need to try to do hole in another place.
We manage a drill
How to drill a concrete wall without a perforator? The issue of using a conventional drill when working with concrete remains unresolved. So is it possible to drill with a drill concrete wall, everyone decides for himself. The tool can break. And the procedure will take more time.
Drill a hole in concrete You can use a drill if you use a special tool. A punch. It’s easy to operate: put the sharp end to the place where the hole will be, hit it several times with a hammer, after which you can start drilling.
It is important not to overheat the tools.
As soon as the drill stumbles upon an insurmountable barrier, you need to again use the punch until the desired goal is achieved. Here’s how to drill a concrete wall with a drill. Although it takes more time and requires a lot of effort, in the absence of a punch, it can also be used.
This is another way to easily drill a concrete wall. However, it is used only by professionals with special equipment (high-power electric motor and the like).
How to drill a frame wall? This is not a problem, because diamond drilling allows you to get holes of large diameter and depth, and without dust irritating the eyes. In parallel, water is supplied directly to the drill, so that it is cooled. As a result, the resulting holes have a neat appearance, and the appearance of cracks is completely eliminated.
How to drill a tile so that it does not crack? Look here. What is a hole conductor? Find out in this article.
Concrete walls are drilled by this method, as a rule, by professionals from specialized companies. In the vast majority of cases, when installing a hidden electrical wiring, one can not do without such a dirty and noisy procedure as gating. So to stock up on a diamond drilling rig for independent work does not make sense.
Power Supply Screwdriver From a Network 220v Make
How to make a network of a cordless screwdriver In every home you can not do without a home assistant, which is a screwdriver. This is such an electronic device, for that there is an option not only to screw screws, but also to drill holes. The main advantage of this device is its mobility, which provides a battery of 12 volts. There are more massive versions of screwdrivers, a battery [.]
DIY Drill Holder
Circular saw from a drill. The entire machine (without an electric drill) consists of a base, on the work table, four racks they have not two holders: a drive (electric drill) not the free end of the saw blade shaft. For the base, a furniture (lined) chipboard 300 × 250 mm in size and not thirty mm thick was used. For the table (working plate), a rigid duralumin plate with a thickness of four mm was selected [.]
What You Can Do From A Screwdriver Engine
Homemade screwdriver Broke a screwdriver? Take your time to throw it away. If your hands are golden, you are not a professional design engineer, in other words, you are simply a fan of making something exclusive, if you have a son. Either a young technician or on weekends you are going with friends do not share the freshest design thoughts, then a faulty screwdriver. For your company just a godsend. Try using [.]
Is it possible to drill a hole in a concrete load-bearing or brick wall of a panel house with an ordinary drill, a puncher or a screwdriver without dust, how to do it
When making repairs in an apartment or house, the question always arises of drilling a wall. You can use different tools depending on the purpose of the hole and the material of which the surface is made.
When working with each tool, there are nuances, especially when drilling a wall. How to make the right hole, and which recommendations to follow?
Drilling holes in the wall correctly: general rules and recommendations on how to drill
In order to correctly drill the wall, you need to consider the material from which it is made, on the basis of this it is necessary to choose a tool.
- Hold the tool correctly when working. For example, the drill in the hands should be straight, and enter the surface in the vertical direction;
- For convenience, use the additional handle;
- Depending on the surface material, select the right drill.
- Concrete, stone, brick wall. Use a carbide drill, usually a drill;
- Metal. Drill for metal;
- Tile, ceramic tile. Special drills for these materials, sometimes it can be replaced with a drill for concrete with surfacing defeated;
- Chipboard, wood. A drill for metal is suitable for holes less than 10–12 mm, special drills for wood are used for larger ones.
For work, they use different tools, the main ones: a drill, a hammer drill, a screwdriver. When using each, there are nuances.
The tool is suitable when you need to make several holes. You can use a conventional drill. By immersing the drill bit into the body of the wall, sometimes it is necessary to break the concrete with a punch, which coincides in diameter with the hole. This is necessary when the drill starts to get stuck in the surface, bumping into too dense areas. The process is quite laborious.
For greater efficiency, you can use universal drills that have diamond spraying. They are installed only on a conventional drill or on a tool where the vibration function is disabled.
For large-volume work, an impact drill and drills with victorious tips are used. They are designed for holes up to 12 mm. The drill is suitable for work with metal, concrete.
The puncher is a universal tool. With its help, you can make a hole in the wall of wood, tile and concrete.
The tool has several functions. Drilling, drilling with impact and impact mode. To make a hole, you need to select the desired drill depending on the surface and do the work by selecting a mode.
The screwdriver is one of the sought-after tools in the repair and construction work. With it, you can twist and unscrew the screws, drill wood, metal, chipboard, plywood, tile, plywood, lightweight concrete.
Which nozzles to choose
A specific nozzle is used for each material:
- Concrete, brick, stone. A carbide drill or a drill;
- Tile, glass. Cone-shaped drills with diamond coating;
- Metal. A spiral drill with a cylindrical cone;
- Wood, drywall. Drill bits are used for holes of different diameters: feather, ballerina, screw, saw bits on wood;
- Foam concrete. Drill bits.
Is it possible to do without a drill and a perforator
Make a hole without a drill and hammer, but not in the concrete wall. This will require a jumper or punch.
The working end of the tool is applied to the place where the hole will be. On the opposite side of it, it is necessary to inflict heavy blows by rotating the tool after each turn.
How to drill without dust: options, the better
Construction work is always accompanied by dust and debris, but using some recommendations and tips, it can be significantly reduced:
- During operation, the hammer leaves insignificant dust so that it does not fly around the room at the same time use a construction vacuum cleaner. Some brands of tools have a built-in vacuum cleaner, which facilitates the task;
- Using a drill, it is best to make either a conductor at the end or a bag, or make an envelope under the hole so that the debris falls into it.
How to drill holes in a brick wall: the choice of tools and nozzles
To make a hole in a brick wall, a perforator with a drill or an impact drill is suitable, most often they use the latter. Its power should be at least 600 watts, the minimum number of revolutions from 2500 per minute. It is best to use a drill with infinitely adjustable power and quick clamp function.
Using the hammer drilling function, the drill becomes identical to the hammer drill. Increases speed and ease of operation. To make a hole in a brick wall, you need to use the kick method of a dynamic nature. Without this, the drill will not be able to catch on the inside of the brick.
How to drill a perforating load-bearing wall in a panel house
In most prefabricated houses, the walls are made of concrete, in order to make a hole a perforator, you need to use the drill bits.
In addition to them, you can use special crowns. They are soldered around the circumference. Applying them, you need to disable the shock function of the punch.
Specialists use diamond drilling, for this you need powerful equipment and skills.
How to drill reinforced concrete with a hammer drill under a pipe
Using a percussion drill for reinforced concrete, it is necessary to apply the “punch” mode and the drill bits. First, the hole is made smaller, then larger. The drill needs to be cooled periodically.
Important! When working with concrete, you need not to get into the reinforcement, otherwise the drill will break. Using a special device, you can check where it is located.
How to make a hole in a concrete wall with a drill
It is difficult to drill a concrete wall with a conventional drill. It is necessary to establish winning drills and choose small revolutions. A dowel is inserted in the right place to help the tool break through the surface. Further drilling must be alternated with impacts on the dowel.
If the drill does not have speed control, then the hole cannot be made.
How to make a hole in a concrete wall in an apartment with a drill
You can use a punch for a small hole. It will make, most conveniently, from a drill, a diameter of 8 mm. The end is sharpened sharply. The drill is put in the right place, cranked, while striking it with a hammer. Periodically wet the drill so that it works longer.
Rules of work: tips
When working with tools, you must follow the safety rules and general recommendations:
- 1) When performing work, protect the respiratory system, dust is harmful.
- 2) If you work outside, then you need to put fences 2.5 meters.
- 3) Carrying out work at a height of more than 1.5 meters, use a strong base. Forests or goats.
- 4) When working with a tool, revolutions must be switched on smoothly, and in no case should you turn it off when it is in the body of the wall.
- 5) When drilling through plaster, it is necessary to carefully study the communications plan so as not to hurt anything.
- 6) It is strictly forbidden to drill through a decorative coating.
- 7) Choose the right drill for each surface.
- Moisten the drill with water so that it does not overheat.
How can you close up a large drilled wall
You can fix unnecessary holes in the wall with a special building mixture. It provides strength and durability. The composition should be selected depending on the area and type of defect.
Using putty, you can level the surface, including concrete. There are several varieties of putty:
- Cement. Used in exterior and interior decoration, suitable for concrete. Durable and moisture resistant. Dries for a long time and often with a net, which requires repeated application;
- Gypsum. Used in dry rooms, not resistant to water and is afraid of temperature changes. Does not crack when applied, so you can apply immediately with a thick layer;
- Acrylic. Finish. It must be applied in a thin layer, therefore it is suitable for small defects.
None of the mixtures are used to seal through holes.
Polyurethane foam. A universal material. It is one-component (used without preparation) and two-component (when used, a construction gun or mixer is used).
When applied, the foam increases in volume and fills the desired space. It freezes and imparts quality density. You can close deep holes.
Repair mixture is suitable for repairing large defects. It has good adhesion, is frost-resistant, strong and durable.
Having decided to make a hole, carefully read the rules and recommendations. Choose a tool, depending on the composition of the surface, and the drill. If you are not confident in your own skills, then entrust the work to specialists.
How to save on a punch and drill a concrete wall with a conventional drill?
Many people live in houses with concrete walls, and when it becomes necessary to make a hole in them, they encounter serious difficulties.
Do not despair and be upset if you did not immediately manage to hang a shelf, a lamp or a cabinet, read our recommendations and everything will work out.
There are several options with which you can independently drill a concrete wall.
Concrete structures are highly durable, so it is quite difficult to drill them yourself.
This is due to the fact that crushed stone is used to create concrete products, and when you drill, you fall on it, the process is very difficult.
The need to drill a concrete wall arises often enough, it is necessary for the installation of shelves, cabinets, air conditioning, wallpapering, fixing a lamp, when attaching insulation or during plastering of walls for attaching beacons.
There are several ways to solve this problem:
- With a punch or a powerful impact drill;
- Conventional electric drill or screwdriver;
- Diamond drilling.
It should be remembered that for walls made of relatively soft materials, use of drill bits is impossible, since the holes will turn out uneven, and the wall will collapse. It is also impossible to work with metal with such a tool.
To create holes of large diameter or cutting a doorway, diamond drill bits are used. To use such a tool, it is necessary to use special installations, they allow you to make holes with a diameter of up to 250 mm.
Since the cost of such equipment is high, it is easier to hire specialists or you can rent it.
The better to drill
As already mentioned, you can drill a concrete wall in several ways, we will consider each of them in more detail.
When using a puncher or hammer drill, they must be switched to shock mode, a working tool with a winning tip is inserted and it should be directed perpendicular to the wall surface.
If drilling is long, then periodically wet the drill, so that it does not overheat much.
Once you have drilled to the required depth, pull the working tool back without turning the punch. To clean the finished hole from dust, it is necessary to deepen and pull out the drill several times.
Ordinary drill or screwdriver
If you do not have the tools described above, then you can perform this work with a conventional electric drill or a powerful screwdriver.
To perform drilling, you will need more time than using a hammer drill, but you can do it yourself.
In this case, in addition to the drill and drill, you will also need a punch. First, a small indentation is made at the drilling site using a punch and a hammer.
After that, a working tool is inserted into it and drilling begins. If the drill has stopped, again break the hard patches with a punch and continue to work.
This is the most effective way by which you can simply and quickly make a hole of the required diameter in a concrete wall.
To perform these works, you will need special equipment, consisting of these elements:
- Electric motor;
- A stand that is securely fixed to the base;
- Core drill.
During operation, it is not necessary to cool the drill, as water is supplied to it, which not only cools the tool, but also prevents dust from forming.
If specialists work, then together with the specified equipment they use a vacuum cleaner, with which they remove dust and water.
Because the price of such equipment is very high, then buying it for domestic use is impractical. If necessary, make a hole of large diameter, for this you can always invite specialists.
So that you can properly drill a concrete wall, you must have the necessary equipment, carry out all work carefully and adhere to the following recommendations:
- Without a punch, the work can be done with an impact drill or drilled with a screwdriver;
- Do not buy cheap drills, as they quickly lose the winning tip, and they fail;
- Instead of a punch, you can use a winning tool, one you will break crushed stone, and the second, inserted into a conventional electric drill, drill;
- To work with concrete, the hammer must have an SDS-plus cartridge;
- Consider the location of the fittings, to determine where it is located, you can use a metal detector, if the fittings are bare, it must be painted to prevent rust;
- For working with concrete, universal drills with diamond spraying can be used, but they need to be inserted only in a conventional drill, or the shock mode must be turned off.
During the performance of these works, you must adhere to the developed technologies and safety rules, then you can not only make a hole on your own without attracting expensive specialists, but also avoid injuries.
How to drill concrete and brick with a screwdriver,:
Expert advice: how to drill a concrete wall with a conventional drill
Almost every home craftsman can face the problem of how to drill a wall of concrete with a conventional drill. The lack of the necessary tools for this work and the lack of experience often lead to disastrous results: the drill breaks, but the hole in the wall still does not work. To easily cope with the task, the home master should take advantage of the recommendations of specialists presented in the article.
Concrete structures have increased strength, include crushed stone particles, which is why it is impossible to destroy them with a conventional drill for a drill.
During the process, the drill bumps into areas of increased hardness, and work stops.
Therefore, percussion drills or perforators are used for drilling.
But in everyday conditions, for a small amount of work, the purchase of expensive tools is not advisable, a hole in concrete can be drilled without a perforator. At home, it is quite possible to get along with a simple extension with special nozzles:
- Steel punch. It is used when a conventional drill gets stuck in particularly strong areas. It is a special rod with a pointed end of increased hardness. The punch is inserted into the hole being made and hit on it with a hammer, crushing the most dense sections. As a punch, you can also use a long drill with a winning tip.
- Drill bit. It has a tip made of metal, which is particularly durable. Such drills are optimal for concrete work. The tip of the drill is made of an alloy of carbide. Tungsten and cobalt.
- Diamond coated drill. A highly effective nozzle for crushed stone and beta drilling. Diamond drills are installed on a conventional drill or percussion drill when working with the vibration turned off. The cost of diamond drills is quite high, so buying for occasional use is not advisable.
- Tungsten carbide coated crowns. Used exclusively with high power drills. In everyday life, crowns with a diameter of 120 mm are used, professionals use nozzles of a larger diameter. For concrete, experts recommend using crowns with teeth of separate soldering. If iron reinforcement is found in the thickness of the wall, crowns are not recommended, since the teeth will break off.
- Ks-crowns. Crystal diamond particles are deposited on their edge, allowing drilling of concrete structures.
Important. To obtain holes with a diameter of more than 12 mm and a depth of more than 110 mm, it is not recommended to use a conventional drill. Without a hammer or percussion instrument, a large hole in concrete or a through hole cannot be made.
How to make a hole in a concrete wall or slab on the ceiling without a perforator and other similar tools?
First you need to prepare everything.
Despite the presence of a special drill, work on the concrete wall is carried out taking into account the recommendations of specialists.
Incorrect approach can lead to breakage of the tool and partial destruction of the wall. Before starting work, prepare the following set of tools and materials:
- Drill of sufficient power;
- Drill with a victorious (carbide) surfacing;
- Punch. A metal pin of the desired diameter;
- Hammer or sledgehammer;
- Vacuum cleaner.
The process of drilling concrete with a conventional drill is not fast, so the home foreman should be patient. Concrete dust is eaten into the floor and it is recommended to cover the surface with newspapers to maintain cleanliness. Periodically collect the spilled particles with a vacuum cleaner. The sequence of work is as follows:
- An appropriate drill is installed on the tool. A drilling point is marked on the wall.
- Outline the drilling point, working at minimum speed, with light pressure. A small hole is made in the surface so that during enhanced actions the drill does not slip.
- Deepen into the wall by 8-10 mm. The tool is kept at a right angle during drilling. If skewed, there is a risk of damage to the surface, tip or hands.
- They take out the drill and pierce the concrete with a steel rod.
- They deepen into the wall by another 10-15 mm and again finish the concrete with a punch. After each stage of work, the drill is cleaned of particles of concrete.
Important. Each drilling step should last no more than 30 seconds. The total duration of continuous drilling with a low-power tool is no more than 10-12 minutes. The tool motor must be cooled after each session, otherwise it will overheat and fail.
Drilling concrete with a diamond crown can be seen in the:
In the, the author tells how to drill concrete without impact:
Features of work: expert advice
Drilling a concrete wall with a simple drill has some nuances:
- When the drill is in the wall, the drill cannot be stopped: the tip will get stuck and it will be problematic to remove it. They stop pressing the key only after removing the drill from the wall.
- During operation, the drill is periodically wetted so that it does not overheat.
- Do not press on the drill too much: this will lead to deformation of the shaft or destruction of the cartridge.
- If the hole is drilled through a layer of plaster, preliminary study the layout of the communications. Otherwise, there is a risk of damage, for example, hidden electrical wiring.
Important. Do not drill through decorative wall decoration!
Compliance with the technology of work and safety rules when drilling holes in concrete with a conventional drill will help not only to do without attracting highly paid specialists, but also to avoid injuries.