How To Make A Miter Cut Out Of An Angle Grinder
Varieties of miter saws for wood
The modern market for power tools can offer a large selection of a wide variety of miter saw models, which may differ in the following parameters and design features:
- The type and power of the engine, as well as its location;
- The type of gearbox that transmits the torque from the motor shaft to the saw blade;
- The presence of an electronic system, which is needed to maintain the speed of rotation of the disk when cutting it into the thickness of the workpiece material;
- The presence of a broach system, which allows the saw blade to move horizontally, which ensures cutting of wide workpieces;
The broach allows the swingarm with the disc to move horizontally along the notch, allowing wide lumber to be cut
Miter saws are equipped with three types of motors:
Asynchronous electric motors are reliable, economical and work without creating much noise. Their disadvantage is their high weight (up to 20 kg) and low power, which does not allow them to reach speeds of more than 2800 rpm. For these reasons, such motors are rarely used in pendulum saws.
Brush motors are more compact and lighter in weight. They can reach speeds of up to 5-10 thousand revolutions per minute, but when the collector brushes are working, they create a certain level of noise. Such a motor requires periodic maintenance, which consists of replacing brushes, but despite this, it is used in most models of miter saws.
Electric motors of the third type, valve type, are the most modern and perfect device, which takes all the best qualities of asynchronous and commutator motors. Instead of a brush unit, they have an electronic unit that allows a high rotation speed of the motor shaft to be achieved. But such motors are quite expensive and are used only on high-quality miter saws of the highest price segment.
By the type of gearbox used, pendulum saws can be belt-driven or gear-driven. Of course, gears provide more reliable traction and better transmission of torque. But they create additional noise during operation, and in case of failure of the gear-type gearbox. It will require a difficult repair in a specialized service. At the same time, the belt can be easily replaced by yourself, and it works almost silently. Plus, the belt drive dampens disc vibrations and extends bearing life.
It is very important to stabilize the speed of the saw blade under load to obtain a high quality cut, especially in hardwoods and tough composites. For this, most modern miter saws have a special electronic unit.
Electronics are widely used to create more comfortable working conditions with this tool, namely:
- To ensure a smooth start of the engine;
- To brake it when the motor is turned off;
- For various safety interlocks to ensure the safety of working with the cutting power tool.
The presence of electronics in different models gives them additional advantages, but also leads to an increase in the cost of the miter saw. The more functions this tool has in its design, the more convenient it is to work on it.
In recent years, broach miter saws have become increasingly popular. Two rods, on which a pendulum with a cutting head is attached, allow you to move the saw blade to produce a high-quality even cut of a wide material.
Pendulum saws also differ in the size and type of saw blades used. The main parameters of the saw cutting element are:
- Landing diameter;
- Outside diameter;
- The number of teeth. the larger it is, the better the cut will be;
- Disc thickness;
- Maximum rotation speed.
All these parameters are printed on the disc itself, in a certain place. Cutting thinner workpieces (e.g. laminate) requires a disc with a larger number of teeth.
It is possible to use for specific models of miter saws only a certain blade size for which the tool is designed
Recommendations for choosing wood trimming machines
Miter saw for wood brand “Makita LF 1000″
When choosing a model that assumes a stationary installation and operation in intensive mode, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Power and weight in this case are not the fundamental selection criteria, and the most important indicator will be the spindle rotation speed, on which the cleanliness of the cut depends;
- All types of protection against short-circuit currents and overheating of the electric motor must be provided on a permanently installed tool;
- The size of the saw blade should be as large as possible, which will expand the capabilities of the device;
- The presence of a broaching mechanism is optional, but highly desirable, since K. This also affects the functionality and performance of the tool;
- Equipping with additional options should only be welcomed, because It also has a positive effect on the labor intensity of operations performed on such equipment.
Parts of the mechanism
All miter saws have a simple design that is basically similar for different types of this tool. Their main elements are:
The main structural elements of the miter saw
- Bed with a round rotary table (some models have a sliding table extension on both sides with integrated supports);
Double-sided table extension with legs
The main components of the miter saw design
45o, turning to the right is not possible due to the engine located on this side;
Sawdust outlet, to which you can connect a vacuum cleaner hose or a bag for collecting chips;
Taking off the bag. A vacuum cleaner hose can be connected to the nozzle
Stops for convenient positioning of the workpiece and clamps in the form of clamps for secure fixing.
Clamp fixes the workpiece firmly to the miter saw table
A special insert is provided on the tool table at the cut site, in the form of a tray-type depression, which allows the saw blade to cut through the workpiece to the end, making a neat cut. There is a scale on the bed for rotating the table in both directions at a certain angle. In the desired position, the table is secured with a screw clamp. The saw blade of the tool is protected by a special transparent cover, which allows the master to clearly see the cutting site. For convenience, many miter saw models are equipped with a laser pointer showing where the cut will be made and table illumination.
To understand in more detail the design of the miter saw, the purpose of its main units, and also see how they are used in work, see the following.
Purpose and application of miter saws
To manually cut the material at an angle, and even straight, you need to make a lot of effort and use special tools. To facilitate this process, electric miter saws were invented. They make it possible to cut workpieces exactly at the required angle and inclination. That is, you can change the angle both in the horizontal plane and in the vertical one. The tool is used by installers, joiners and finishers. Miter saws are used to make furniture, doors, skirting boards, windows, flooring and more. The tool can cut not only wood, but also plastic and metal corners and pipes.
How to make a circular trimming hand saw from an angle grinder with your own hands. The difference between a miter saw and a circular saw
The main difference between a homemade miter saw is its relative cheapness.
It can be built from existing chipboard or OSB scraps.
In addition, thick plywood is also suitable, and in certain cases, textolite.
In addition, homemade trims have the following distinctive features:
- The machine is constructed, as a rule, for the existing specific need for cutting parts of a certain dimension. Sometimes it is these dimensions that cannot be processed on commercially available machines;
- The bed of a homemade machine is made of wooden plates or even from scraps of thick and wide boards. Of course, you can build a frame from steel plates and even from a composite, for example, the frame is made of a steel profile, and the table itself is already made of chipboard. But in any case, this will be more expensive and more difficult, because you will have to deal with more expensive metal, and secondly, you need to work with metal welding, and then work with chipboard.
A homemade miter saw, of course, will be less technologically advanced than a purchased factory-made one. But often no one wants a perfect result. And here the design of a homemade trimming is just such an option.
For example, if you are going to sheathe the house with clapboard outside, then it would be quite reasonable to carry out trimming in conditions when both the material and the tool will be as free of play as possible. In this case, the result will be much more accurate.
A distinctive feature of a homemade miter tool is its relative simplicity, and therefore, you can achieve almost complete absence of external movements of the cutting tool. And all this at no extra cost.
Required materials and tools
First you need to decide on the project
Above, attention was paid to what the miter saw can be constructed from:
- The most technologically advanced and affordable material is sheet wood-containing materials. They are easy to cut to the required dimensions using the same existing parquet (part of the future machine);
- The frame structure of the bed with elements of chipboard or plywood is more difficult and more expensive to implement, and therefore is not always justified;
- Self-tapping screws will be required.
In addition to construction materials, the following elements will be needed to design a trimming device:
- Clamps (2 pcs.);
- Circular saw (“parquet”).
If a technology is chosen for the production of a bed that does not contain steel parts and elements, then in this case the tools will require:
- Set of screwdrivers;
- Hacksaw (for auxiliary purposes, when it will be inconvenient to use the existing “parquet”).
It’s amazing how little it takes to build a DIY miter saw.
Recommendations for the selection of miter saws for metal
Miter saw for metal “Metabo CS 23-355” model
The main selection criteria for saws designed for cutting metal are the same as for analogues that involve working with wooden blanks, but, in addition, it should be remembered that:
To work with different types of metal, different types of discs are used, therefore, special attention should be paid to their purpose and size of the landing, as well as the outer diameter.
The wider the metal workpieces are to be processed, the larger the diameter of the saw blade should be.
The guard must completely cover the disc during operation.
The presence of a limiter on the depth of cut expands the capabilities of the machine.
A more powerful electric motor has more performance and heats up less during operation.
The principle of making a circular from an angle grinder with your own hands
A circular saw is an indispensable thing in the household. Previously, such a tool was called a circular. It can be used to cut drywall, plywood, boards, soft metals, laminate. Unlike a hand saw, a round saw can save a lot of time. To avoid unnecessary costs, you can make a circular from an angle grinder with your own hands at home.
Cutting depth adjuster
When creating a circular from an angle grinder with your own hands, special attention should be paid to the adjusting bar. a structure that is responsible for the cutting depth. A piece of metal rod with a diameter of no more than 0.5 cm will serve as its base. Its edge must be bent, flattened and fixed with stubborn bolts from the corners located in front.
At the opposite end, a thread is made onto which a nut is screwed. The end of the adjusting bar is threaded through the through slot on the axle handle and another nut is put on. Tightening and loosening these two nuts will control the cutting depth of the circular. Before you start actively using the finished equipment, you need to check its performance on several test samples.
Crosscut from angle grinder
Technical characteristics of cross-cut with a broach, assembled by hand:
- Disk revolutions. 4500;
- Cutting length. 350 mm (much higher than that of a middle class factory tool).
How to make a homemade miter saw (trimming) for wood with your own hands
The trimming design is identical to that of a circular saw mounted above the work table. The blade should protrude above the table nothing more than a hand-held circular saw. Its main advantages are: compactness and low weight. Do it yourself from a circular saw and the remnants 2 how to make a circular. Thanks to this, saws are used not only in workshops, but also on construction sites. Unfortunately, DIY tools are quite cumbersome and heavy. It is convenient to operate them in stationary mode.
The miter saw is designed for a single task. trimming the ends of lumber at different angles. How to make a table for a circular saw with your own hands? First from the hands (circular. Guide for a circular saw how difficult it is to make guides. Due to the fact that during cutting the workpiece is stationary on the table, the cut is neat and clean. Craftsmen dealing with wood processing prefer this particular tool. How to make a snowmobile from a chainsaw with your own hands How to make a flower bed out of tires with your own hands How to make a hand saw out of an angle grinder with your own hands? Algorithm for making a miter saw, stationary and table circular saws And do-it-yourself saws have been successfully used for years.
How to make a circular, trimming, hand saw from an angle grinder with your own hands, How to make a trimming
Tags: make a circulation saw from a hand-held circular saw with your own hands. I am engaged in the manufacture of beehives. The circular was made just for this. Further, for trimming identical blanks and sawing grooves, I made a trimming carriage.
Do-it-yourself miter saw. Miter saw for circular or do-it-yourself trimming. Duration: Andrey Nevashedelo views. Wood is the most popular material with excellent processing properties. Although, for fixed angles it will be possible to make holes. DIY miter saw. Easier. you turn the board over on the miter carriage and walk through it again. On the basis of a hand-held circular saw, a miter saw was made, which proved to be very good at cutting out a series of circles from chipboard.
As long as you do not risk building a miter device for home use with your own hands, and you have an ordinary circular saw available, a specialized movable carriage for circular saws will come to the rescue. The controls are located on the side of the machine: The pendulum ones also differ in the size and type of saw blades used. Despite the presence of a bed, this equipment is not considered stationary, since it has the ability to be installed in any place, transported or carried to where it is necessary to cut. End saws are widely used for large volumes of cases with boards, bars and other lumber made of wood or composite materials based on wood. How to make a homemade wood trimmer (trimming) with your own hands. The design of the miter cut is identical to that of a circular saw mounted above the working table.
Nevertheless, thoughts on the stationary fastening of the circular did not go in vain, and as soon as the need for trimming loomed, I decided to try to make it from a circular saw. Reply to comment by vgik-alex. Written 2 years ago. It is knocked down and held together by confirmants. It is convenient to operate them in a stationary mode. Miter saw for wood: choose, set up, make from an angle grinder and circular. 5 If the saw does not turn on. typical malfunctions and repairs 6 What can you make an electronic saw with your own hands.
And after lunch, I decided to move further in this direction and converted the circular into a trimming. I immediately arranged template mandrels 90 and 45 degrees, if necessary I will cut into other angles. The beauty of a miter saw in a longitudinal broach Depends on the tasks. Most often, family craftsmen assemble a miter saw from an angle grinder. ZAZ Predatory 2. Insert the pin through the hole in the stop and then mark the stop at the required angle. When you have yet to take it, it is naturally very good. Miter saw How to make a sawmill from an angle grinder is shown in this: Interesting moments of using a homemade circular.
Tags: make a circulation saw from a hand-held circular saw with your own hands. I am engaged in the manufacture of beehives. The circular was made just for this. Then, for trimming identical blanks and sawing grooves, I arranged a trimming carriage. On the official website. http: This workbench can be used both in a home workshop and taken with you for export. Sometimes there is a need to change the width of the board or the thickness of the bar. With an arc length of, say, 80 mm, in the center of the stop the stroke will be half as much. 40 mm.
In order to be able to trim the workpieces at a certain angle, at the time of assembly, the miter saw is supplied with special ears welded on the outside of the machine at a short distance from each other. I have an inexpensive Bison, like 5 thousand. The bed is made from adjustable supports, a metal corner and racks from an old bed. When starting to assemble a miter saw with your own hands, you need to be prepared for the fact that during operation such a device makes a lot of noise, and this is almost its only drawback.
I drilled the tire together with the table top. Sawing boards can be done with an upgraded angle grinder. Our refrigerator has served
How to Make a Circular Saw from a Miter Saw
To be precise, it can hardly be called a rework, it is a refinement or expansion of the functionality of an angle grinder. You can divide the revision into stages or steps in the work. To begin with, let’s define the main tasks. It is necessary to make a table for installing a circular saw. It can be from any available material, but a steel corner base is preferable.
The angle grinder should be painlessly installed and removed, so its attachment to the table should be open and accessible. The cutting disc will be mounted directly onto the shaft of the angle grinder. It must be adjustable in height or change the height of the cutting disc above the table plane.
There should be an adjustable rail on the table. With its help it will be possible to set the thickness of the board cut. As a special case, you can install the corner guide, if there is a need for it.
So, we constructively make a machine for the existing angle grinder with adjustment for the height of the cutting wheel. For simplicity of construction, we use wood:
- We make a cut for the saw in the tabletop from the board. If it is a furniture board or plywood sheet, then it is advisable to strengthen it with an additional bar along the position of the cutting wheel;
- We fasten the rear part of the machine structure on a hinge. Then we fix the angle grinder. A short bolt with a locknut is required to secure it. The bolt will screw in instead of the handle, and attach the angle grinder to the hinge part of the machine;
- On the side of the handle of the angle grinder, we make a clamp with a sawn-through adjustment bar. This is a U-shaped bracket into which the drill handle should fit snugly. For density, rubber strips can be glued. An adjusting strip with a cut will be attached to the same u-shaped plate.
- We fix the hinge and the adjusting bar from below to the tabletop so that the cutting wheel evenly enters the cut of the tabletop;
- We install the tabletop on a base made of a steel corner or wooden blocks;
- We supply electricity. Electrical safety conditions must be met. It is better to connect using a cable that is not afraid of a piece of board accidentally falling onto it;
- We are doing a test run. The saw blade should rotate without catching the edges of the slot. If this is not the case, then it is necessary to change the position of the attachment of the hinge or U-shaped plate. Material feeding to the cutting wheel must not cause movement or vibration Angle grinder.
Both the angle grinder and the hand-held circular saw are a very good removable drive for a stationary circular saw.
It is not difficult to make a circular saw from an angle grinder. To do this, it is necessary to redo the protective cover so that almost the entire saw blade is covered. And it is necessary to install a movable protection on the working sector of the disk, which will move during operation. It is also advisable to install a nozzle for a vacuum cleaner on the casing if the saw will be used indoors.
An additional curved, thin-walled tube handle must be installed in the front. With this handle it will be safer and safer to fix the position of the circular during operation.
You may have difficulty making a stationary circular from an angle grinder or hand held circular. On construction sites and forums, you can find the required drawings of simple structures.
The tool can be removed from the table and the angle grinder can be used as usual.
- The rotary device of the tool is installed on the pivot of the car wheel (kingpin), it is held by a ball bearing for 150 mm (if you can find more, it will do).
- We attach the ears to the outer side of the bearing by welding to fix it on the base. It is fixed with M6 screws.
- To protect against chips, the clip is covered with a box.
- We make the broach from the shock absorbers from the truck (broken ones will do). Oil is poured out of them, holes for ventilation are drilled, which should be tightened with a mesh from dust and chips.
- To avoid a jerk when starting work, the saw is supplemented with a soft start module, which slightly reduces the speed.
- The last stage of work is making a protection for the disc.
- Works very noisy;
- To adjust the accuracy of wood cuts, trimming of the bars is used, after which the thrust is fixed rigidly and you can work clean.
Miter saw, do it yourself. FIRMWORK SAW, with their own hands.
A miter saw was made on the basis of a hand-held circular saw, which proved to be excellent in cutting a series
Important points in the construction of a pendulum machine
The type of tool in question belongs to the category of dangerous, therefore, when constructing the equipment, the following main points are taken into account:
- The fabrication of the bed is the basis for the reliability of the installation. It is impossible to save on the manufacture of the bed, therefore, exclusively steel materials are used, the thickness of which is at least 2 mm
- Frame. the design of this part can be different, but the most important thing is to ensure the mobility of the cutting tool. This is achieved through the use of different materials, but in any case, it is necessary to think over the quality of the hinge joint well, since your life depends on it. Better to spend more material, but make a high quality and safe cutting machine
- Tool fastening. the angle grinder is fixed directly to the moving part. over, the fixation should be as reliable and high quality as possible. When working with an angle grinder, “back impacts” may occur, which are dangerous because the machine may simply be damaged, and the master who performs the manipulations will suffer from this.
- Providing a counterweight is a small but important element that allows the tool to return to its original position when it is not needed. This will eliminate the likelihood of damage to parts of the human body.
- A protective casing. it must be mandatory, and it does not matter what design of the machine is invented, but using the device without a protective casing is strictly contraindicated
- The presence of a ruler. this will increase the accuracy of the work performed, which is important when cutting parts such as tiles, ceramics, and metal
- The launcher is also a kind of safety-influencing device. The control button should be in close proximity to the master performing the work. This will allow you to quickly respond at the right time by turning off the power supply to the instrument.
In addition to the options when the machine has a movable part, there are also methods for making cutting devices with the location of the tool in the lower part of the bed or workbench table. However, this option is only suitable for cases when sawing wood is planned. Below is an example of how to make a home sawmill from an angle grinder quickly and easily. Details on making home sawmills can be found in this article.
How to make a cut-off machine from an angle grinder
Every self-respecting craftsman has at his disposal such a type of tool as an angle grinder or an angle grinder. Everyone knows about the range of capabilities of this tool. Many people ask themselves a desire to make a cutting machine out of an angle grinder with their own hands, which is quite realistic. You can be smart and imaginative to make a homemade machine, but it is better to use proven schemes that are offered by experienced specialists.
How to make a button for a pendulum machine from an angle grinder
The angle grinder works at the push of a button. over, the spindle rotation speed depends directly on the pressing force of the button. This means that an adjustment mechanism is built into the button, which makes the operation of the tool easier. When operating an angle grinder on a stationary machine, it is necessary to think over the starting system so that you do not have to hold the handle with one hand and press the button with the other.
If the tool is equipped with a conventional button, which is automatically locked when it is turned on, as for example, in the first version of the construction of the machine, then there are no difficulties. First, the tool is turned on, and then work can be done. However, most angle grinders are equipped with self-shutdown buttons that must be held by hand while working. There are two ways out of this situation:
- Use ties (for example, plastic) or clamps of the appropriate diameter. They fix the button in the pressed position. In this case, it is also necessary to take into account the latch, which is responsible for the self-activation of the tool. Both the retainer and the button must be tightened with a clamp, tie or other similar materials. In this case, the principle of operation of the device will be as follows. if you need to start the tool, you need to plug the plug into the outlet or make a switch
- Redesigning the starting system is rational if the tool is planned to be used more often as a cut-off machine than a stand-alone angle grinder. To do this, it is necessary to remove the wires from the angle grinder to a separate switch, which will turn the tool on and off if necessary.
The power button, if displayed, is best located on the handle. A homemade machine does not require large costs for its manufacture, which, in fact, is its main advantage.
Option 2. how to easily and quickly make a pendulum saw
If you have a welding machine and consumables, you can make a stationary machine from an angle grinder in a matter of hours. over, for this you do not need to buy anything, since the necessary tubes, fittings and profiles can be found in the garage or a heap of scrap metal. To build a simple cutting machine, using an angle grinder as the main tool, you will need to use the following details:
- Metal profiles 150-200 mm
- Sleeve 10-15 cm long
- Hairpin 20 cm long and 8-10 mm in diameter
- Metal corner
- A sheet of metal 2-3 mm thick, which will act as a base
So, to make the simplest homemade product, you will need to follow these steps:
- Cut the stud of the required length, then place the sleeve inside (it should move freely along the stud), and tighten the nuts on the ends of the protruding stud. Tighten two nuts on both sides, since the second will play the role of a locknut
- The nuts must not be screwed in completely, they must not come into contact with the sleeve
- The resulting structure should be welded to the steel sheet. In this case, it is important to grab exactly the nuts, and the sleeve must remain mobile, that is, move freely
- The next step is to make mounts for the angle grinder. To do this, you need metal profiles, as well as washers, which will play the role of brackets
- Cut to the required length (it all depends on the tool used, but for a low-power angle grinder, the profile length is 15-20 cm). Weld washers to the ends of the profiles. It is recommended to use at least 2 attachments for an angle grinder, but preferably three
- The angle grinder has threaded holes for connecting the handle. We use these holes in order to attach the tool to the movable base using pre-prepared brackets.
- First, the brackets are attached to the tool using bolt connections of the appropriate size, and then the opposite ends of the profiles are welded to the sleeve. As a result, we get a finished machine, which can be made literally within an hour.
The photo below shows the design of a homemade machine from an angle grinder with a detailed description of the required materials. Using the instructions, and someone needs a diagram to make a homemade cutting machine. In this case, it is important to take into account that the cover for the angle grinder must be mandatory, otherwise the risk of serious injury increases. It is strictly prohibited to operate the tool without protective clothing not only on a person, but also on the device itself.
The simplest device is ready for use. The corner in the construction of the machine is used as a guide for centering cutting materials. It is also necessary to make a straight hole in the iron sheet, where part of the disc will “enter” when sawing blanks.
Option 1. an easy way to make a cutting machine out of an angle grinder
A simple DIY method involves making a base on which the fixed connectors for the movable plate are attached. So, in more detail about how to make a machine from an angle grinder:
- A steel plate 15×15 cm in size and at least 2 mm thick is taken. Such a large size is needed in order to secure it to the workbench with bolted connectors. If the workbench (table) is iron, then the base can be welded to it by welding, therefore, in this case, you can use a shorter plate 10×10 cm
- Weld two rectangular plates perpendicularly to the base, spaced 5-8 cm from each other. The thickness of the plates should also be at least 2 mm. Their length depends on the size of the power tool, but usually small or medium-sized angle grinders are used for stationary machines, so the length of the plates is 8-10 cm
- Make a straight hole at the base of the plates, into which the connecting bolt is installed. The hole diameter is 6-8 mm, which is not so important
- In the next step, you will need to make a movable base to which the angle grinder will be attached. To do this, you need to take a steel plate at least 20-30 cm long, which depends on the size of the power tool. The width of this bed should be slightly less than the distance between the protrusions of rectangular plates welded to the base
- On the back of the movable plate, a round elongated sleeve must be welded into which the connecting bolt will be placed.
- It is necessary to fix the tool to the resulting movable plate using clamps, ties and other methods for this. The number of fasteners should be more than 2, and preferably at least three for greater security
- By fixing the resulting structure to the workbench, you can test its work
For the convenience of work, a handle can be welded to the movable bar, and an auto-return spring can be installed, which will return the tool to its original position, that is, move it up. The photo below shows a complete cutting machine for an angle grinder. As you can see from the example, a minimum of effort and materials is required for its manufacture, and as a result, a stationary device is obtained for cutting various materials.
When constructing the device, keep in mind that safe operation depends on how to fix the angle grinder. It must be securely fixed at 2-3 points, which will exclude its movement during work, as well as “flying off” from the movable bed. When installing the tool on a movable bed, it is necessary that the position of the angle grinder is strictly at right angles, that is, the wheel must be located strictly in a vertical position.
The resulting device is suitable for processing a variety of materials from wood to durable stone. Remember to wear protective goggles, gloves and protective clothing when working with the tool. Instead of a workbench, you can use a wooden or steel frame, on which to implement the idea.
Why make a machine from an angle grinder
A cut-off machine is a useful and necessary thing, and not only in industrial conditions, but also in the economy. With this useful tool, you can make precise cuts of parts and workpieces. This is achieved due to the reliable fixation of the cutting disc, in the spindle of which you can install not only abrasive wheels for cutting metal. The stationary machine can be used to cut tiles, brick, marble, granite and other similar materials, using special diamond-coated wheels in the construction of the tool. If necessary, such a machine can be used for sawing beams, boards and other wood blanks.
How to make a cutting machine yourself from an angle grinder and improvised materials, want to know many who more than once faced the need to make an accurate cut of the workpiece. While holding the angle grinder in your hands, you can also make a precise cut, but this is more difficult, since the tool has to be held with only two hands. Using a homemade cutting machine, you can not only perform, but also simplify the implementation of such work:
- Cut out sheet material, such as galvanizing, used for chimney insulation and other purposes
- Cut ceramic tiles and tiles. keep in mind that the cut can only be made straight
- Saw materials at different angles
- Saw metal profiles, pipes, wooden beams, boards, etc.
An appropriate approach is needed to make a machine tool from an angle grinder. After all, the tool itself is very dangerous, so the slightest miscalculation can lead to the fact that the master will receive a serious injury. It is known about the consequences of the operation of an angle grinder in case of non-compliance with safety standards, therefore, at first, before building a homemade product, it is worth noting the following:
- Only with the correct manufacture of a stationary cutting machine can you be sure of its reliability and safety
- If you plan to do it, then you need to calculate each step so that trouble does not happen during operation
- Using the machine is in some way safer than using the tool in your hands. However, it is necessary to be aware that an angle grinder is a mobile tool, and making homemade products is already a violation of safety precautions.
- For manufacturing, it is necessary to use materials of appropriate reliability, corresponding to the power and dimensions of the main power tool
Having dealt with the need to manufacture the machine, you can get down to business.
Option 3. an even easier way to make a cut-off machine from an angle grinder
Many do not have welding machines or do not know how to use them, so if you belong to the category of these people, then you should not despair. You also don’t need to ask your friends and neighbors to make a machine. It is quite possible to do without welding, and bolts and nuts will be used as the main connectors. So, to design the simplest cutting machine from an angle grinder, you will need the following consumable:
- Corners. with a small number of them up to 1 meter. If there are pieces, then it’s even better. Corner thickness standard 2-3 mm
- Steel tube 30 cm long. will be used as a handle on which the angle grinder will be mounted
- Steel sheet 2-3 mm thick and arbitrary size, but not less than 20×20 cm
- Bolts with nuts with a diameter of 8-10 mm
We start making a homemade tool. The manufacturing process is as follows:
- First, a 15 cm long corner must be attached to the steel sheet.
- Attach another corner perpendicularly to the wall of the lying corner, using bolts and nuts for this. If there is welding, you can make tack welds.
- Attach the tube to the perpendicularly installed angle using all the same bolted connections
- The tube should move freely, so there is no need to tighten the nut on the bolt. Instead, it is necessary to lock the fixing bolt with another nut.
- Connect two steel plates 5×6 cm in size to the tube at a distance from the junction.These plates will attach the angle grinder to the handle
- Attach the angle grinder to the cover with pre-prepared steel plates
As a result, we get the simplest cutting machine, a photo of which can be seen below.
There are many options for manufacturing similar structures, so it all depends on what you want to get in the end, and what consumables are available. It is not very convenient to work with the above version of the cutting machine, it is necessary to constantly hold the tool (due to the lack of a return mechanism), but this is easy to fix. A spring must be attached to the protruding part of the tube, which will return the tool to its original position, eliminating the need for the master to hold the working unit.
Making a homemade machine from an angle grinder features
Making your own machine from an angle grinder is not difficult yourself. over, a variety of manufacturing options are available, which depends on the available materials at hand and imagination. There are two types of stationary cut-off machines from an angle grinder:
- Simple. he got this name for one reason, which is not only the simplicity of manufacture, but also the minimalism of the device itself. The tool is attached to the workbench with additional materials and can be operated
- Complex. it is rational to make such machines if you plan to use it often for different actions. In most cases, a simple device is enough for a home garage, the manufacture of which takes a little time, effort and consumables.
In order to make a cutting machine from an angle grinder with your own hands, you will need consumables, which are metal plates, as well as profiles and fasteners. bolts, nuts and washers. From a specialized tool, you only need an electric drill and a welding machine. In more detail about how to make the simplest version of a cutting machine from an angle grinder, consider below.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of self-made machines from grinders
The homemade products under consideration have some advantages and disadvantages, which everyone who has set out to make a cutting machine from an angle grinder also needs to know about. The advantages include:
- Having a stationary machine in the garage, you can quickly, and most importantly, cut different materials with high quality
- Obtaining a high-quality and even cut, which makes the device perfect
- Cheapness. if there is an angle grinder, then the cost of manufacturing the machine will be minimal
Now let’s find out what the disadvantages of the considered homemade device are:
- Low reliability. even with the most competent approach, it is possible that a person can get various injuries only because of working on such homemade equipment. To protect yourself, you need to work in protective clothing.
- The complexity of transporting the device. it all depends on its size and weight. Only if the machine is called stationary, then it is intended for operation only in one place
If it has already turned out to make the type of equipment under consideration, then it will not be difficult to figure out the correctness of its operation. Already at the first test of the tool, you can feel how effective its work is. Below is a selection of photos showing options for homemade cutting machines from grinders. In addition, a tool such as an angle grinder is fraught with many more interesting ideas for expanding functionality, but this is a completely different story.