How to make a saw at 45 degrees
To work in one apartment, it is not rational to purchase an electric tile cutter. You can qualitatively cut ceramic tiles at 45 degrees using an angle grinder (angle grinder). It is easier and faster to get the job done with a diamond blade. The edge is likely to be uneven. Such defects are polished with turtles. If the volume of work is one apartment, you can use a cheaper option instead: replaceable emery wheels with Velcro.
Important! Choose a high-performance angle grinder with speed controller (set to minimum during operation).
Models that are acceptable in terms of price and technical characteristics are:
- Caliber LNA 125 / 900E 00000000955, 0-11000 rpm. 900 W;
- VORTEX angle grinder-125 / 1200E, 1200 W, up to 12000 rpm.
Quality diamond discs:
- BIZON 0512003, thickness 1.8 mm;
- Union 9020-04-150x22K, h = 2 mm;
- Expert (180×25.4 / 22.2 mm) PRACTICE 034-793 (for porcelain stoneware);
- Professional KEOS DBP01.200 for porcelain stoneware (180×25.4 / 22.2).
The quality of work depends on the type of attachment on the angle grinder for the final stage of cutting at 45 degrees. A good result is provided by a diamond wheel (flexible, grinding) AGSHK 100 No. 30 “Turtle”.
How to make a tile burr correctly
Whichever tool is chosen, before the main work, it is advisable to practice on unnecessary tiles.
How to avoid chips
Chipping is the most undesirable result when grouting tiles. You cannot close your eyes to them, as negative consequences are possible:
- the service life of the coating is reduced;
- everything clings to the corners of the notches,
- tile quickly collapses;
- difficult surface maintenance due to sharp edges.
The recommendations of the masters will help to do the work without chips:
- the tile is cut only from the seamy side, a distance of 0.5-1 mm is left to the glaze;
- for an angle grinder, a new diamond-coated disc is taken;
- work must be done slowly.
Electric tile cutter
An electric tile cutter is an expensive but essential tool for cutting large quantities of tiles. Performs straight saws and burrs at the selected angle. You can set a value from 0 to 45. In practice, tiles are most often trimmed at 45 degrees. Quality models are equipped with a cooling system. Thanks to this tiles and tools, there is no danger of overheating and dustiness of the workplace is reduced. Water supply does not affect the quality of the cut.
On a machine with a cooling system, you can work at high speeds.
Consider buying an electric tool if you are trimming a hard and expensive material. porcelain stoneware. The following models are most popular:
- ZUBR EP-200-1000S (Russia). stationary floor tile cutter. The machine is expensive (21-22 thousand rubles), designed for professionals and allows you to saw off tiles of any thickness.
- ZUBR EP-180-600N (Russia). compact desktop model. It is used for straight cutting and bevelling of tiles at an angle of 0 to 45 degrees. It has a low noise level and no dust: water flows to the cutting site. Affordable price (4000 rubles) can be attractive for novice craftsmen.
- Models Feida TC 200 and Feida TC 250 (China). help to accurately cut high quality chamfers at an angle from 0 to 45 degrees.
- Tile cutting machine Einhell TH-TC 618 (China). allows you to saw and make a burr of various ceramics, provided that the cutting depth does not exceed 22 mm.
If you touch the glaze on the tile during the cut, it will turn out to be jagged. In this case, you will have to carefully grind the cracks with sandpaper.
If you cut the tiles a little less than 45 degrees, it will be easier to form a right angle.
Tile burr at 45 degrees: cutting tools and rules
Ceramic tiles are the most popular and practical finish for kitchens, bathrooms and toilets. When working with tiles, it is necessary to clad inner and outer corners, niches, pipe boxes. In this case, it is required to cut the ceramic tile at an angle of 45 degrees. As a result, the joint between the elements will look neat, the grout will tightly close the seam and protect it from moisture. The article discusses how to grind tiles at 45 degrees at home without the use of expensive tools.
How to trim tiles at a 45 degree angle
Electric tile cutter
The gash consists of the following operations:
- The processed tile is placed on the work table.
- The cut-off wheel is set at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Tiles are cut with a saw head with a diamond cutting blade, similar to the operation of a circular saw.
- Only the clay layer is cut, the glazed surface must remain intact.
- The cut point is ground with an angle grinder with diamond turtles or emery wheels.
For individual use
The following tools are used for cutting steel pipes in the household:
Manual pipe cutters. Allows you to cut round parts with an even right angle cut due to the cutting edges of the rollers. There are several types of products of this type, consisting of single rollers or a series of them attached to a chain. In everyday life, such devices are quite rare and are more suitable for professional work.
Angle Grinder. It is a universal tool for cutting any metal parts with different angles; special discs for metal are used for work, which grind off rather quickly during operation. This allows you to accurately cut a curve in the line with a small diameter disc.
Gas-burner. A fast and effective method of cutting metal surfaces with a hot flame jet; disadvantages include melted edges, which complicate further welding. It is difficult to cut a product using a gas burner according to a paper template, which will burn, and if a fishing line is drawn, then it will practically not be visible in a stream of flame.
Electric pipe cutters. To work with pipelines of small diameters, you can use compact electric pipe cutters, according to the principle of operation, resembling an angle grinder. The device is called a roller machine, during operation, the part is installed on the bed and rotates on roller guides, from above its surface is cut by an electrical device. The main difference between the pipe cutter is a metal disc, which has a special durable spraying for cutting metal.
Techniques for cutting pipes at an angle of circular cross-section
Round pipes of different diameters are cut at an angle when the direction of the pipeline is changed, while it should be borne in mind that a straight cut at the desired angle, unlike a rectangular section, will not lead to a tight joint of the edges. Therefore, special patterns are used, in which the marked edge has a curved shape, which makes it possible to obtain a high density of the connection.
Cutting at 90 degrees
To cut straight across a round pipeline or a rectangular metal profile, use a sheet of plain paper. They wrap the workpiece in such a way that the edges of the paper sheet coincide, after which it is fixed on the part with tape or glue. an angle grinder is held next to the edge of the paper sheet with a thin line, after which it is gradually deepened until it is completely cut.
A metal profile or a round pipe can be cut using a template, putting on them an evenly cut element with a large inner diameter.
Cutting at 45 degrees
Usually, in order to turn the pipe by 45 degrees, fittings are used, bends with a 45-degree rotation angle, made of the same material as the pipes themselves, if the pipes are steel, then the turns are welded from steel. For HDPE pipes, there are electrically welded or cast bends at 45 degrees (note that it is almost impossible to find compression fittings with such an angle of rotation in Russia).
But, if you still need to cut a round pipe made of steel or various types of plastics, then for this you need a piece for cutting pipes at an angle, the shape of which is calculated manually or by machine. The task is greatly simplified if at an angle of forty-five degrees it is necessary to cut a metal profile of a square cross-section.
HOW TO cut a 45 degree angle WITHOUT a Miter saw. Woodworking Tips 2020
For a quick cut, you can use a regular sheet of paper folded diagonally to mark the surface for the future cut. Using folded paper, proceed as follows:
- carried out on a straight surface of the profile in the place where the cut is made, strictly perpendicular to the line;
- apply a diagonally folded sheet of paper to the side surface with the sharp end to the mowing line so that the top edge of the paper triangle is flush with the top side of the metal profile.
How To Cut a 45° Angle (With a Hand Saw)
- draw the line with a pencil along the side of the sheet at an angle of 45 degrees, after which the paper corner is applied to the other side and outlined with a pencil (it is better to use a thin marker).
For sawing, you can use an angle grinder with a disc for metal, first drawing a thin line along the markings, and then gradually deepening it until the edges are completely separated.
When working with an angle grinder, the following factor must be taken into account. if the edges are completely cut off, the disc may be damaged by an acute angle, which will lead to its failure, and in the absence of protection on the angle grinder, even to injury to the worker. Therefore, it is advisable not to cut the corner edges to the end, but to leave a narrow groove and then break off, subsequently grinding the protrusion.
How to cut 45 degree pipe with high precision at home
When carrying out work on the installation of gas or water mains, it is often necessary to change the direction of the mowing line, while the pipeline is cut and then welded at the desired angle. Most often, the direction changes by 90 degrees, and the question arises. how to cut the pipe at 45 degrees in order to accurately connect the joints when welding.
It is possible to cope with the problem with cut edge angles of 45 or 90 degrees with the appropriate knowledge and techniques that will help save not only time, but also materials during work. At other angles of rotation, it is impossible to solve the problem with a ruler and a sheet of paper. you will have to call computer equipment for help.
- Cutting at 45 degrees
- Making a template for trimming a metal profile
- DIY pipe miter box
- Cutting at 90 degrees
- Collar insert
- Techniques for cutting pipes at an angle of circular cross-section
- Paper mold for pipe
- Used tools
- For individual use
- For industrial use
- How to cut a large 45 degree pipe
- How to cut a cast iron pipe
- Some tips for cutting pipes
- Performing a longitudinal cut
- Oblique cut
In order to obtain branches of metal pipelines in the form of tees, a collar insert is used, for which it is necessary to cut the edge of a round pipe adjacent to the walls of another at a right angle. To implement the method, proceed as follows:
- cut the edges of the workpiece at right angles as described earlier.
- On a round end surface, four equidistant points are marked with a marker, located at angles of 90 and 180 degrees to each other.
- The circumference is measured, the resulting diameter is divided by 3. From two diametrically located points, the resulting distance is laid, after which these points are connected to two other smooth arc, drawing the fishing line with a marker.
- An angle grinder is cut along the markings and the semicircular segments are separated, after which the part is ready for welding. With minor inaccuracies in the pairing, it can be sealed with a sledgehammer, attaching it to the round surface of another element.
Paper mold for pipe
One of the most common ways to make a pattern for pipes with a round surface is a method for which you will need a lined sheet of paper, a ruler and a pencil. To obtain a paper pattern, proceed as follows:
- Draw a circle on a piece of paper with the diameter of the pipe to be cut, break the circle into 16 equal segments, each time dividing large segments into two equal.
- Measure the circumference by multiplying its diameter by the number Pi, equal to 3.14. Lay this size on both sides of the axis of the circle in equal segments, each of which is divided into 8 equal parts.
- Draw from segments on a straight line vertical mowing line up and horizontal from the points set on the circle.
- The places of their intersection are connected with a smooth line and, as a result, a template applied to the paper is obtained, which is cut out and glued to the trimmed surface. For trimming, it is better to use an angle grinder with a small diameter disc. the surface will be curved and when using a large disc, the error will increase.
DIY pipe miter box
Using the template is not very convenient. you have to make a cut along the mowing line, keeping the angle grinder suspended, which leads to large errors. If you have a welding machine, you can make a simple miter box. guides for the disc of an angle grinder, which do not allow it to go to the side.
For this, a previously made template is used, in the side of which a hole is drilled and a nut is welded. When working, a homemade miter box is put on the profile, a bolt is screwed into its nut and the device is pressed against the profile surface. an angle grinder with a disc for metal makes a cut, slightly pressing the disc to the side surface of the device. It is clear that with long-term work, the edges in the miter box are gradually grinded, and although the process occurs simultaneously on all edges, some errors will appear over time. Therefore, it is better to make the device from hard wear-resistant metal in order to increase its service life and obtain a more accurate tool.