How to properly line the electric grass trimmer
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the grass trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- small electric grass trimmers with a working motor and bottom reel usually have side buttons on either side of the reel. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and is not lost;
- electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with a special wing: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the locking reel on the rod with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- electric and petrol grass trimmers with the option to mount the blade on a straight bar (e.g. STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the reel. For the rod to remain stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual position is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. The spool body is then rotated clockwise (left-handed) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is unscrewed, in coils with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
Coil with one working tendril
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the reel and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of the line for winding. 2 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the opposite direction of the spool rotation on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inside of the reel, an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small section of the fishing line is left free to lead it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inner side of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin into working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
Coil with two working tendrils
In this type of spool, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line, lying on the inside of the spool:
- one groove. both antennae are wound together in one groove;
- two grooves. each antenna is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.In single-groove reels, the line is pulled into a through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod side. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded through them or held with the fingers of the free hand, they are threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the trimmer bar.
The difference in line winding in double-groove spools is that initially a 2-5 m long line segment is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the fold loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each along its own groove, fixing the antennae and assembling the coil is similar to the above option with one groove.
The first execution of this procedure, perhaps, will seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The video below will clearly show how to thread the line into the spool of the grass trimmer and wind it correctly. this operation is not difficult and with some patience it will certainly be crowned with success:
How do I load the line into the spool of the grass trimmer? Video instruction
Warranty production of the factory fill of the grass trimmer will inevitably require a line change. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the reel of a grass trimmer on their own, beginners are reluctant to take up this business. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will make this process as easy as possible.
We carry out the winding of the fishing line
Slowly completed disassembly of the spool-spool without losing its spare parts allows you to move on to the main task. winding the fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the spool design and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Automatic line winding on a spool
There is a type of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds on its own. from the user it is enough only to correctly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through a hole on the inner part of the body, its antennae without winding are passed through the hole on the outer body, the reel is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the fishing line inside is wound independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding wrong: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only turn in one direction.
How to Tuck Line in a Grass Trimmer: A Few Simple Tips
Thanks to modern power tools, a person is given a lot of opportunities to reduce manual labor. Among these innovations is the grass trimmer, which greatly simplifies the process of mowing grass and lawn care. This device reduces the time for gardening work, turning difficult physical work into entertainment. The trimmer uses a fishing line as a cutting tool. It stretches strongly and thus mows grass of almost any height. It is quite easy to operate a power tool, but the problem arises when the cutting material runs out. Not everyone will immediately figure out how to tuck the line into a grass trimmer. Although this is a simple operation, it is not always clear to a person who is faced with this task for the first time how to properly wind it on a reel. over, the instructions do not contain information on how to choose and replace the trimmer line.
How to quickly and correctly tuck the line into the grass trimmer?
Once you figure out how to change the cutting material, the further use and maintenance of the electric trimmer will be greatly simplified. To wind the line for the grass trimmer, several operations must be performed, namely:
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right. You will have a head with the remnants of an old thread in your hands. Open it with a screwdriver, or wring out the latch and turn the cover in the direction of the arrow. This operation should be carried out carefully, since there is a spring inside, which, straightening, can throw out all the internal parts of the drum. To change the line in the trimmer, you need to take out the spool and remove the rest of the material.
- Take 5 meters of new thread and fold it in half. There is a hole in the middle of the spool where you need to insert the material. There is also an arrow indicating the direction to reel in the grass trimmer line. It is important to consider some points. If there are two holes in the spool, then thread half of the grass trimmer line in one direction and the other in the opposite direction. When finishing inserting the material, it is better to leave 15-20 cm free.
- Assemble the drum, reinstall the spring and washers. Then, while holding the spool, thread the ends of the line into the holes on the sides of the nozzle. Then put the head in place, pulling on the cutting material.
How to tuck line in a grass trimmer?
Any machine for mowing vegetation is necessarily equipped with a spool, which, in turn, may differ in different models by the filament feeding system (automatic, semi-automatic and manual). It is from this parameter that it is worth starting from before deciding how to tuck the line into the grass trimmer.
In order to tuck the line into the grass trimmer, you need to take at least 5 meters of material, which is then folded in half. The center of the cutting element must be inserted into a specially designated place, and then the cutting attachment must be wound using the visual cues on the spool indicating the direction. At the end of all the work, the lid, of course, will need to be tightened.
What is a grass trimmer?
This equipment is based on the following elements:
- a motor whose main function is to rotate the cutting head at the end of the rod;
- directly the head, consisting of a coil, on which either a fishing line or a knife can be wound;
- high-speed rotating knives or line, which are the main cutting part of the device, how to load the line into the grass trimmer will be discussed a little further.
An electric device is inferior in its power to a gasoline one, so it is ideal for working on a standard plot of land that is adjacent to a house with source of electrical energy. The main positive aspects of such equipment are the absence of noise during operation, light weight, ease of use and, of course, environmental friendliness.
As for gasoline trimmers, such equipment, of course, is more mobile, so it can be safely transported from place to place and get rid of annoying vegetation in any area. There is no need to use electricity here, which has a positive effect on the functionality of such an apparatus. the cutting attachments can be changed, working with weeds of various types.
One of the most common attachments is the fishing line, so you should dwell on this element in more detail.
Types of trimmer line
As a rule, line separation is based on different sample diameters, which can vary from 1.2 to 4 mm. The most commonly used material is a material with a thickness of 2 mm, but in no case should we forget that the choice should depend primarily on the model of the grass trimmer.
There is one main rule here: the more power the apparatus has, the thicker the line should be.
This element can also differ in the type of its section. So, it can be round (suitable for cutting plain grass) or square (for mowing soft green cover), sharp edges (tall grass) or be equipped with notches ideal for thin grass in diameter.
Do not forget that with the help of a fishing line it is allowed to mow only grass, and for other, coarser vegetation, it is imperative to use knives.
The next step is to take a closer look at the process of how to insert the line into the grass trimmer correctly. Indeed, it is with this procedure that many consumers often have difficulties.
How do I tuck the line into the grass trimmer? Operating tips
The grass trimmer is an excellent modern device designed for mowing unnecessary grass, and its main advantage is that this technique can be used in those places where an ordinary lawn mower will simply not be able to reach due to its massiveness. It is necessary to understand in more detail what grass trimmers are, and how to choose the best option for a particular suburban area.
One of the main rules when replacing and adjusting equipment is that any manipulations with the mechanism should be carried out exclusively with the engine off and the device plug disconnected from the mains.
Perhaps these tips will tell you how to tuck the line into the grass trimmer as correctly as possible and, accordingly, give your site a neat and aesthetic appearance. All that is required is to correctly select the cutting material required by the type and, of course, to determine the category of the most used grass trimmer.
How to tuck line in a grass trimmer?
In order for the area near the house to always look well-groomed and neat, it must be cut regularly. Fortunately, modern technology allows you to solve this problem without excessive physical effort. Electric grass trimmers are so easy to operate and maintain that even a teenager can use them to mow. The main thing is to figure out in advance how to fill the line in the grass trimmer.
How to load the line into the grass trimmer?
So, our task is to properly load the line into the grass trimmer. Let’s take a closer look at where to start its implementation and what pitfalls can await us in the process.
To carry out this operation, the grass trimmer must be disconnected from the mains and turned over with the working head up. The further course of action depends on the model of the grass trimmer and the design of the coil itself:
- for small trimmers with a lower engine, press the keys on the sides of the coil and remove its upper part from the head;
- on trimmers with a curved bar, we clamp the coil body with one hand, while simultaneously turning the winglet located on the body counterclockwise;
- for trimmers with a straight bar and a gearbox, insert a screwdriver into the hole located under the coil, and then turn the coil body counterclockwise.
After the coil is removed from the head, it must be carefully disassembled. It is better to do this on an already mown area, since there may be a spring inside the coil, which will be quite difficult to find in tall grass. After disassembly, we will have three parts on our hands: the body (top cover), the protective casing and the coil itself.
Step 4. measure the required amount of fishing line
Newbie mowers are usually interested in how many meters of line to wind on the reel of the grass trimmer? There are two ways to solve this issue:
- Unwind a skein of line on a flat, dry place and separate half of it.
- Measure 3-4 meters of line from the skein.
In any case, after the end of winding, the turns of the line should be on the body of the reel, without sliding off it. You don’t need to try to wind as much as possible, as the line will unwind poorly and break more often.
Step 5. winding the line onto the reel
How to attach the line to the grass trimmer depends on the coil design. Consider the option when the reel body has one outlet for the line. In this case, the end of the line is clamped in the crevice of the coil, and then we wind the line, trying to lay the turns as tightly as possible. The direction of laying the turns should be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil and is usually indicated on its inner part. After the end of winding on the reel, you must put on a protective casing and bring the end of the line into it.
If the reel is designed to work with two tails, then the line must be folded in half and laid in the groove in the center of the reel. Further winding will be carried out along one or two slots, depending on the design of the coil. The direction of winding must also be opposite to the direction of rotation of the coil. At the end of the ponytail, the line will also need to be led out into the holes on the top of the reel.
How to wind line around the spool of a grass trimmer: key points
A gasoline or electric grass trimmer is an indispensable tool in the arsenal of a modern summer resident or owner of his own home.
Thanks to these gardening devices, even a large garden plot can be mowed with ease. After purchasing this tool and performing several mows, many people think about how to properly wind the line on the reel of the grass trimmer. For an inexperienced user, the first operation to replace it will seem problematic and time-consuming, since the developers often do not fully reflect the instructions for replacing the fishing line in the operating manual.
Single-barb grass trimmer reel
Many owners and specialists note the ease of use and ease of refueling the bobbin with one mustache. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the threaded line can vary from 2 to 5 meters. The end of the line is inserted into the head into a special technological groove or hole, and the winding is carried out in the direction opposite to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most reels have arrow marks on the outside of the body that indicate the direction of travel of the grass trimmer reel.
After winding, you need to leave a free end of 15-30 cm to enhance the centrifugal force, which is decisive when removing the trimmer line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. We pass the left end through the working hole of the coil and assemble the head.
Winding the Line to the Grass Trimmer
Measured and accurate dismantling of the spool from the spool of the grass scythe makes it possible to go directly to the winding of the line. The design features of the head, the number and location of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions when performing this operation, and also determine the methods used. Today there are several types of reels, depending on the number of line antennae and the methods of threading it:
- Trimmer head with one working mustache;
- A bobbin with two line tendrils;
- Auto winding reel.
Preparation for winding the line
Before the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool with line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three design types of trimmers:
This model provides the ability to install a knife. Removing the coil in such models is done by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to align the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the body can be easily unscrewed by hand in a clockwise direction.
Trimmer head with two antennae
After removing the spool from the spool body, we determine the number of strands for winding the line (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between bobbins with one and two grooves, but if carelessly threading into the twin groove, there will be operational problems. Due to the likelihood of interlacing adjacent lines of the tool, a situation may arise when, after wear of the working antennae, it is impossible to remove new ones.
Regardless of the number of streams, a fishing line with a length of 1.5 to 3 meters is taken for refueling. Winding must be done in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head, since winding in the direction of travel will lead to the fact that the line will not be removed from the reel. After the fishing line is tucked into the grass trimmer coil, thread the free ends (15-30 cm) into special holes. Next, we assemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check the operability. Do not worry if the ends of the two antennae are very different in size, because when you start the grass trimmer, the knife installed on the protection will cut off the excess.
Grass trimmer head with automatic line threading
Some models on the market have a reel with an automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the owner to properly thread and fix the ends in the head, and the winding operation will be performed by the tool itself when it is turned on. It is almost impossible to wind the line incorrectly in a grass trimmer with such a head, since the coil independently determines the position of the antennae. The advantages of the automatic grass trimmer head include ease of threading the line, and the disadvantages are frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and high cost.
How to wind the line onto the spool of the grass trimmer
A grass trimmer is a great solution for those who have a large garden or lawn near the house that needs to be constantly trimmed. But like any other tool, sometimes it requires intervention. After some time, it will become necessary to replace certain elements, and this will have to be learned.
How To Use : Sunjoe Electric Weed Eater / Electric Trimmer Review and Demonstration
How can this be done? To replace the main cutting element, you must first select it correctly. In principle, the instruction manual for brushcutters should indicate the diameter of the thread to be used in it.
When you have acquired the required cutting element, try to install it correctly. It should be noted that there are a huge number of videos on the Internet that will help you figure out how to properly thread the line into the reel of the grass trimmer.
How to change the line on the trimmer
Below we have provided step-by-step instructions for replacing the grass trimmer thread.
The first thing to do is to unplug the tool and turn off the engine. Then remove the grass trimmer head. This can be done using a simple screwdriver and dropping it into the hole of the gearbox to prevent the shaft from turning. And then just unscrew
They are usually unscrewed in a clockwise direction, but different models have different mechanisms, so it may have to be turned in the opposite direction. But if suddenly, for some reason, you cannot figure it out, then we strongly recommend that you refer to the user manual to understand how to disconnect it.
Second. After removing the mowing head, open it. This can be done by means of clamps that are located opposite each other. By pressing on them, you can remove the head cover, and then pull out the spool on which the line is wound. By pulling it out, you can determine what type it belongs to. There are one-piece and two-piece bobbins
We disassemble how to tuck the line into the coil of the grass trimmer in two versions
So, there is only one option. we load the line into a single-section reel. The prepared piece of thread is folded in half and pushed into the spool. Then, we begin to wind both ends in the same direction, which will be indicated by the arrow on the spool. At the end of winding, do not forget to check that different ends of the thread are looking in different directions.
Option two. winding the line with a two-piece reel. The pre-prepared thread is divided into two parts, and its ends must be fixed: this must be done by placing them in special fasteners
Winding is carried out, as in the first case, along the arrow indicated on the spool. Both segments should be wound so that they do not intersect. Further, the ends of the thread should be fixed in the grooves and divorced on opposite sides.
The spring is then inserted into the reel and the whole thing is placed in the mowing head. When placing the reel in the grass trimmer, you need to gently hold the spring parallel while inserting the line into the slots of the brush head. And in the end, it just needs to be secured with the final part, that is, with a lid.
How to STRING TRIM like a PRO
After threading the grass trimmer, you need to check it. If you did everything correctly, everything will work, but if you made a mistake, we recommend that you read the article again, or even better, if you watch the video on how to install a line on a reel in a trimmer.
How to remove the line from the grass trimmer spool
Over time, the cutting element of the head wears out, and it becomes necessary to pull out the remnants of the old line. Not everyone knows how to do this. Our step-by-step instructions plus a video on how to pull the thread from the spool of the grass trimmer, which you can find on the net, will help in solving this issue.
It is necessary to disassemble the mowing head
Complicated ? Of course not. But if, nevertheless, doubts creep into you that for some reason you cannot do this, then of course find and watch the video how to pull out or how to wind the thread on the reel of the brushcutter.
How to replace the line on an electric trimmer
In fact, it makes no difference which oblique you use, be it electric or gasoline. Threading is the same. The only difference is that if you use a petrol grass scythe, you get more freedom, as you are not limited by the cable that is present on the electric scythe.
Yes, do not hesitate to use the special videos on installing or threading the line in an electric scooter, which can teach you much faster than simple reading.
Preparation. remove and disassemble the spool
On most electric and petrol trims, you will need to remove the spool to replace the line. The FUBAG tool (electric and petrol trimmers) allows you to skip this step. To make the instruction universal, we will still consider it in detail:
Secure the shaft. Insert the locking element into the corresponding hole. It can be a thin screwdriver or a metal rod.
Unscrew the bobbin case. In our example, strictly clockwise.
Unscrew the cover according to the direction indicated on the body.
The preparatory stage has been passed. You can proceed to winding the fishing line.
How to choose a fishing line. length, diameter, restrictions
IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER! Do not use fishing line or metal cables for the grass trimmer. This replacement is ineffective and dangerous. The rope can injure not only the mower himself, but also those around him.
In terms of length, you should rely on the estimated frequency of use of the grass trimmer. The more often, the more it costs to stock up expenses.
Information about the possible line diameter can be found on the body grass trimmer spools. Most likely, the range will be indicated there. The thickness varies from 1.2 to 4 mm. Choose the appropriate option, taking into account the characteristics of the cultivated area. The larger the diameter, the easier it is to mow tough grass.
How to wind the line onto the spool of the grass trimmer
Lay the line in the direction indicated on the element body.
Insert the short end into the slot on the side of the spool.
Secure the long end in the opposite groove.
Place the spool of coiled line into the spool body.
Trim the ends of the line, leaving 10 to 15 centimeters.
The line change is complete and now all that remains is to screw the bobbin onto the grass trimmer and you can work.
ATTENTION! Typical line problems
No wonder they say: “Forewarned is forearmed“. Knowing about possible problems and the causes of their occurrence, you can prevent them in a timely manner. We recommend to remember or leave a memo.
|Line break||Stones, branches and solid objects in the grass||Avoid collision|
|Poor cord quality||Replace with a quality analogue|
|Head outlet wear||Complete replacement of part required|
|The line is unwound||The spring in the coil is weakened||Check spring and replace if damaged|
|The line sticks together||Poor line quality, due to which it can melt under the influence of temperature from the heating head||Reel in less line or replace with a better line|
For a better understanding of the mechanism of the process of changing the line in the spool with a video guide prepared by FUBAG specialists:
Method 1. how to properly wind the line or put it on a reel and choose the required length
To implement this method, you will need to first prepare a fishing line of the required length (usually up to 4 meters). It all depends on the thickness of the equipment used, as well as the design of the coil. There is an easy way to find out the amount of line you need to refuel to charge the reel. To do this, wind the rig inside the coil until it is aligned with the side protrusions. In this case, the rigging should not go beyond these extreme protrusions.
The thicker the equipment used, the shorter its length will be needed and vice versa, the thinner, the longer the segment will be needed.
The instruction on how to properly tuck the harness into the aiming of the grass trimmer or brushcutter is as follows:
MAKITA 18V Brushless Battery “Cordless” String Trimmer / Weed Eater Unboxing & Review
- To begin with, a piece of fishing line that was prepared to be installed in a reel must be folded in half. In this case, one edge should protrude more than the second by 10-15 cm
- After that, take the second end from the other side, and bend it in half. Move to it so that the measured protrusion of 15 cm is preserved
- There is a slot in the inner baffle of the coil, into which the resulting loop should be inserted. The cut in the wall is shown in the photo below.
- Next, we figure out the direction of winding the line. If you wind the rig in the wrong direction, then it will not function correctly, and you will need to redo the work. To insert the line and wind it in the correct direction, inspect the surface of the spool. It should indicate the direction of winding (in 99% of cases, this direction is indicated). What the direction indicator on the coil looks like is shown in the photo below.
- This arrow-shaped pointer can also have the designation, as in the example above “WIND LINE”, which means the direction of winding. If the pointer is missing on the reel, then you need to look at the head. There is a direction of its rotation on the head, and in order to properly wind the line, wind it on the drum in the opposite direction to the indication of the arrow indicator. So, if the arrow is on the tip, then you need to wind in the indicated direction, and if it is not there, then you should wind against the direction of the arrow on the surface of the head
- Having decided on the direction of rotation, you should start winding. Each end should be guided in its own groove. If there is no separator, then the equipment must be laid in the appropriate distribution order.
- When almost all the fishing line is wound on a reel, you will need to do the following. place a short part in the hole of the side wall of the pickup, the protrusion of which should be up to 10-15 cm, and then do the same procedure with the other end, placing it in the hole on the parallel side
- We insert the coil into the head, first passing the ends of the fishing line into the holes of the drum
- We put the drum in place and, by pulling the ends of the line, we disengage them from the temporary clamps in the wall of the reel. After that, you can put on the cover until the latch engages.
- At this point, the process of how to replace the fishing line on the trimmer is completed, and if necessary, you can cut only the ends (if their length does not suit), and install the assembled drum on the tool
With how to put the drum in place, no difficulties arise. There is a second way, how to charge the mowing equipment in the brushcutter. What is the difference and how the second method of threading the line onto the reel of the brushcutter is carried out, we will find out in detail.
How to remove the spool from the grass trimmer and remove the line
Initially, remove the line from the spool of the grass trimmer before threading it into the spool. A reel or aiming device is a device that sits inside the mowing head, bobbin or drum. There are different types of heads (depending on the manufacturer), but the principle of replacing the line on the reel is the same for everyone. First of all, we will figure out how to remove the head from the tool, as well as how to get the drum and fishing line out of it.
The instruction on how to unscrew the manual head on the trimmer is as follows:
- Turn the tool upside down and, if necessary, clean it from dirt. With two fingers of one hand, grip the cover latches (on the mowing head), which are symmetrically positioned to each other. After lightly pressing them inward, remove the protective cover from the drum
- Next, remove the line spool from the drum shaft. It is mounted on a shaft without fasteners, therefore it can be removed with one hand.
- The main part of the drum is fixed with a screw, which must be unscrewed with a screwdriver with an appropriate tip or bit
- To unscrew, hold the drum base with one hand, and unscrew it counterclockwise with a screwdriver with the other.
- After that, you can proceed to dismantling. To do this, you do not need to pull it with all your strength, but slightly shaking it to the sides, slowly disengage it from the metal shaft on which the drum is seated.
- When reinstalling, fit the head into the square slots
This process is not difficult, and as you know, there is no need to dismantle the entire head if you know how the replacement is performed. When dismantling, consider the following nuances:
- Periodic removal of the head is recommended to prevent corrosion of the threaded connection. If you never unscrew the screw, then if necessary, it will be difficult and even impossible to do this.
- If the screw has a four-sided bore of the head, then for unscrewing it is necessary to select a screwdriver or bits of a suitable size in order to exclude the licking of the edges on the head
- When assembling the unit, treat the threaded seat with lubricants, for example, grease or machine oil.
- If the edges on the screw are licked, then special clamping pliers can be used to unscrew it.
- There are drums that do not require preliminary disassembly. To dismantle them, grab it and rotate in the opposite direction to the clockwise direction
Knowing how to disassemble the drum, you should continue to figure out how to change the grass trimmer line. The video below shows the detailed process of how to open the grass trimmer coil and disassemble it.
Method 2. how to properly put the line on the reel of the brushcutter with photo description and video
The second method differs from the first in that it is not a single piece of equipment that is charged into the coil, but segments from two parts. This method is used by manufacturers, and it is also suitable for those who have leftover material. The principle of how to insert two lengths of line into the brushcutter is the same as with the first method, and to make sure of this, below are detailed instructions:
- There are two equal length pieces of material that you can use.
- One piece is taken, and the edge is bent in the form of a clamping bracket or hook, with which the fishing line will be fixed
- Inside the coil there are holes in the form of a bracket for fixing, which are there for a reason. If they are not there, then the second option will not work. The appearance of these brackets is shown in the photo below. Each bracket is in its own half
- The fishing line should be hooked onto the bracket, and wind it in observing the direction of the arrow
- The rig is wound until a 10-15 cm segment remains, which is fixed in the corresponding hole on the side of the guide
- Manipulations with the second end of the fishing line are carried out in the same way.
- The protrusions are inserted into the holes of the head, and then, removing the equipment from the temporary fasteners in the coil, the cover with the latches is installed
The above instructions on how to install a fishing line in a brushcutter will help not only correctly, but also quickly perform the replacement procedure. Assembling the grass trimmer coil, as mentioned above, can be done without removing the head, but in this case, you will need to comfortably fix the tool. Video instruction is presented below.
Step-by-step instructions on how to wind the reel of the grass trimmer and lawn mower
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip, which will not allow you to make mistakes with the use of the appropriate equipment.
If there is information on the spool about the diameter of the line you can fill in, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of brushcutters and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
How does the head with a fishing line work on a brushcutter why you need to know the principle of operation
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most drums have a pressure spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is an instruction on how to disassemble the grass trimmer head without a spring, i.e. on the head of the manual type. The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the instructions described above.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic grass trimmer coil is as follows:
- Inside the head there is a coil, which is fitted on the slots, which prevent its free movement.
- A spring acts on the coil, which presses it against the splines in the cover structure
- A fishing line is wound on the tip, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Typically this length is between 1 and 4 meters.
- During the performance of work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the line, the protruding part of the drum is pressed, whereby it disengages from the splines. In this case, the fishing line is unwound from the drum, increasing in length
- After releasing the required amount of fishing line, release the pressure and continue cutting the grass
The advantage of a tool with a line is that this consumable does not require sharpening, compared to metal discs. In addition, if a stone or a tree comes across on the way, the line simply breaks off, without adversely affecting the gearbox and engine of the tool, as is the case with metal cutting discs.
Knowing the design and device of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to go on to consider the process of threading the line into the grass trimmer reel. After all, it is this very moment that causes difficulties for most owners of special tools.
What you need to know about grass trimmer line
A fishing line is a consumable that is made of nylon and serves as a cutting device. By means of this equipment, the grass is cut, which is ensured by rotating the tool head at a high frequency. This material has a different thickness, which depends on its application on the corresponding tools, electric low-power (from 1 to 1.6 mm), electric from 500 W (2-2.4 mm) and gasoline grass trimmers with brushcutters (from 2.4 up to 3.2 mm).
The more powerful the tool, the correspondingly thicker the cutting equipment should be. This affects not only the quality of the grass cut, but also the service life of the material. If you are wondering how to wind the coil of your grass trimmer, then it is time to change and reload the tool. With the onset of spring, this question is becoming more and more popular, so it’s time to figure out the step-by-step instructions for replacing the fishing line in the grass trimmer reel.
Learning how to properly wind the line on the reel of the grass trimmer and lawn mower installation instructions
Private home owners know how essential a tool such as a grass trimmer is. It can be gasoline and electric, but they differ in the design of power units. For cutting grass in areas where there are stones, trees and other obstructing objects, a fishing line is used as a cutting device. This consumable wears out in the process of use, so how to wind the coil of the grass trimmer, we will consider in detail in the material.
Tips and tricks on how to wind the line and what you need to know
There are some useful tips and tricks that will be useful to learn not only for beginners, but also for experienced mowers. These tips will help prevent negative consequences in the form of injury and malfunctioning of the mechanism. These guidelines read as follows:
- It is necessary to install the cover until it clicks. over, this is 2 or more clicks, depending on the number of latches. If one of the latch does not snap into place, the drum may jump out when starting the tool and injure a person.
- Do not reel in the line with a strong pull, or more than you can insert it into place. It is better not to wind up the rig than there will be more of it, as this will lead to negative consequences in the form of the impossibility of unwinding it if necessary
- If you own a tool not with two line leads, but with one (usually these are low-power units), then the winding process is carried out in the same sequence as described above, only with the difference in the absence of a middle edge between the extreme bases of the coil
- After replacing the material, it is necessary to first check the operability of the tool, and after that start mowing the grass. If you do not make a preliminary check, then the scaffolding can unwind and injure a person.
The result of the work done is as follows. after the replacement of the new material, the usual one is enough for an area of up to 600 square meters, but taking into account the presence of a reinforcing layer on the fishing line. Conventional nylon materials last less, which is important to consider when working. Do not try to mow thick-stemmed grass with fishing line, as there are special metal discs or knives for this.