How to properly load the line into the grass trimmer
Milwaukee M18 FUEL String Trimmer Easy Load Trimmer Head Line Replacement
For the threading of the line into the trimmer head to be successful, it is important not to miscalculate with the choice of consumables. The thicker the cord you tuck in, the thicker and tougher the grass it will be able to cut. Often a universal line is used, the diameter of which is 2 mm. You can choose a diameter suitable for the mower in the following ways:
- Refer to the instructions that came with the trimmer for line thickness information.
- Pay attention to the bobbin itself. Sometimes information about the possible diameters of the fishing line is applied on it.
- Another option is to try inserting the cord into the exit hole. If it easily goes into it, then the selected line diameter is suitable for use.
Grass trimmer reel You can choose the cord according to the motor type. If the line is too thick, then the resistance to rotation will increase. in this case, the engine will overheat and will soon fail. Helpful hints:
- For an electrical device with a motor less than 500 V, a 1.3 mm thread is suitable. If you can’t find one, then you can use a 1.6 mm line. If the power is more than 1 kW, then select a cord with a diameter of 2 mm.
- With a petrol grass trimmer, the shaft mower counts. For the folded version, a 2 mm cord is often used. If the shaft is straight, use a 2.4-2.5 or 3mm thread. The thickest line is installed on powerful devices. from 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of section of the cord thread. Some popular options:
- The most common round lines. They mow fresh grasses well, but they cope worse with shrubs, dead wood.
- Twisted (spiral) cord is not very strong, but is good for thin young grass.
- Serrated thread with sharp edges is ideal for large weeds in a neglected area.
- You can mow your lawn more evenly with rectangular, star or square grass trimmer lines, but they are not very strong.
- Strongest. two-piece inner-core round cord.
Types of line for the grass trimmer Please note that you cannot use wire, metal strings and cables, as well as regular fishing thread instead of fishing line. The device will be dangerous to both the user and others. So the cable or similar products will gradually begin to work, as a result, their ends will unravel, and small pieces will scatter at high speed.
Spool Trimmer Heads
The main elements of the trigger is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a bobbin inserted inside. The fishing line (cord) is tucked into it. The heads differ from each other in the way of feeding and threading the cord. There are three types of heads in total:
Worx Trimmer Spool Line Replacement | EASY | KimTownselYouTube
- Automatic. The line is then fed as the user decreases the engine speed. Automatic cord feeding is very convenient when there is a lot of work to be done. The disadvantage of such a head is the high thread consumption.
- Semi-automatic. The use of such a head does not require the user to perform any complex manipulations. The principle of its operation is designed in such a way that the line begins to automatically lengthen while the grass trimmer is operating at full speed. You just need to lightly bang the head of the machine on the ground (this will remove the blocking of the line), and the cord will be pulled out of the bobbin due to centrifugal force. Then the line is cut to the required length with a knife, which is located on the protective cover.
- Manual. To lengthen the cord, it is necessary to stop the apparatus. After that, the line will need to be pulled out manually.
Types of trimmer spools
Threading the line into the reel of a grass trimmer is a relatively straightforward procedure, provided you follow a specific procedure. When you need to determine how many meters of consumable is enough, wind it on the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. After deciding on the length of the cord, follow the instructions below:
- Fold the consumable in half so that one end of the line is 10-15 cm longer than the other.
- Start charging from the center board that divides the grass trimmer bobbin into 2 parts. Find the groove where the cord should be inserted. Bend the last in half.
- Determine in which direction you want to wind the line. To do this, take a closer look at the bobbin, which may contain an arrow or an inscription. She indicates the side of the winding. If there are no markings on the reel, then look at the arrow on the mowing head. wind in the opposite direction.
- The consumables should be washed gently, turn to turn. Try to stick to the maximum thread tension.
- After completing the lining, secure the short end of the material first. To do this, insert it into a groove on the side of the coil that fits in diameter. The other end (longer), attach in the groove on the other side of the grass trimmer bobbin.
- After securing the fishing line, cut off the ends. Do not forget to leave allowances of about 10 cm.
- Place the loaded bobbin onto the mowing head of the device. To do this, you need to alternately insert and pull the thread into the outlet holes of the head, in order to then place the bobbin of the device into the skin.
- Using the required force, pull the cord out of the locking grooves and tighten the material. After completing this step, put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
String Trimmer Head | How to install new trimmer line on a traditional bump head
Winding the line to the spool step-by-step You can also wind the cord onto the grass trimmer in another way, in which two pieces of material are charged instead of one. The replacement is done like this:
- Bend one end of the cord into a crochet hook.
- There should be a hole at the bottom of the bobbin to hold the line in place. Insert the bent end of the thread there.
- Wind the cord material in the direction of the arrow to the desired level, which does not exceed the diameter of the grass trimmer spool.
- Do the same for the second bobbin compartment.
- The assembly of the device head is similar to the first method.
It also happens that sometimes it is not worth puzzling over how to fill the line in the grass trimmer, since it is enough just to adjust the line as necessary, thereby increasing work productivity. Alternatively, the cutting element can be cut with a knife if it protrudes too much. But the length can also be adjusted right in the process of mowing vegetation, gently touching the head of the fishing line to the floor. But this can be done only under the condition that the material extends beyond the coil by at least 3 centimeters.
One of the main rules when replacing and adjusting equipment is that any manipulations with the mechanism should be carried out exclusively with the engine off and the device plug disconnected from the mains.
Perhaps these tips will tell you how to tuck the line into the grass trimmer as correctly as possible and, accordingly, give your site a neat and aesthetic appearance. All that is required is to correctly select the cutting material required by the type and, of course, to determine the category of the most used grass trimmer.
Near the house he always looked well-groomed and neat, he must be cut regularly. Fortunately, modern technology allows you to solve this problem without excessive physical effort. Electric grass trimmers are so easy to operate and maintain that even a teenager can use them to mow. The main thing is to figure out in advance how to fill in the grass trimmer.
Removing and disassembling the coil
The mowing trimmer head consists of a cover, a spring (not available in every model), a bobbin with a cord, and a cover. Be sure to unplug the grass trimmer before disassembling the coil of the electrical unit. The disassembly method depends on the mounting of the mowing head. First option:
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, press on the latches (latches) that are located on both sides of the head.
- Remove the cover, under which you will see the spool. remove it from the body. Some trimmer spools have a spring under the bobbin, which must also be carefully pulled out.
- After removing the bobbin, you will see a screw in the center of the case. Unscrew it with a screwdriver.
- After removing the fasteners, take the body of the part and, shaking it in different directions, remove the gearbox from the shaft.
In the second version, the grass trimmer head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you need to fix the shaft. For this, such devices have a hole through which a thin screwdriver or metal rod is inserted. Brief instruction:
- Insert a screwdriver into the special hole, then lock the shaft.
- Grasp the body of the head and start twisting it. This should be done clockwise, since the thread on the shaft is left.
Winding the line to the reel
How to wind the line around the Patriot grass trimmer reel?
Almost every beginner is faced with the problem of changing line when using a grass trimmer. While it is very easy to change your line, you need to learn how to do it correctly. Changing the fishing line with proper skill will take no more than five minutes. you just need to constantly practice it. This article will look at changing line using Patriot trimmers as an example.
How to properly load the line into the grass trimmer
Velkommen til Munn.no. Norge Forum For alle
How to Reel the Line on the Spool of the Grass Trimmer. Step-by-Step Guide VIDEO How to Thread the Line into the Spool of the Grass Trimmer? Video instruction Learn how to properly wind the line on the reel of the grass trimmer and lawn mower installation instructions How to rewind the line on the reel of the grass trimmer. detailed instructions Replacing the line in the trimmer: 2 easy ways
The first line change in a reel will raise a lot of questions. The process is actually quite simple. The main thing is to know the algorithm of actions. Let’s look at the example of the FUBAG tool how to properly thread the line into the grass trimmer. For models from other manufacturers, the instructions will also be relevant. How to choose a fishing line. length, diameter, restrictions. Any electric or petrol grass trimmer can be used with different brands of line. However, the best option is a consumable of the same brand as the tool. It is believed that in this case it will benefit the durability of the work, etc. Complete instructions for working with the trimmer. Tips for choosing to thread the line into the spool of the grass trimmer. A detailed guide to working with the trimmer. Instructions for installing line on the grass trimmer reel in different ways. How the grass trimmer head works and how to remove it from the mower. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of brushcutters and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable. The principle of how to wind the line to guide brushcutters is appropriate not only for autonomous gasoline units, but also for electric trimmers. a grass trimmer is a necessary and useful tool for a summer cottage and a private house. Many people own and actively use it, but not everyone knows how to replace the line in a trimmer, especially at first. You don’t need to have any special skills to wind the line around a gasoline or electric grass trimmer. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best method. There are two different ways to load the line into the spool of the device. Types of trimmer heads for spools. The main elements of the trigger is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a bobbin inserted inside. The fishing line (cord) is tucked into it. The heads differ from each other in the way of feeding and threading the cord. In total, there are three types of heads. Warranty production of the factory fill of the grass trimmer will inevitably require a line change. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the reel of a grass trimmer on their own, beginners are reluctant to take up this business. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will facilitate this process as much as possible. Preliminary preparation. First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the grass trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself. Not sure how to insert line into your grass trimmer? After our review, you will be professionally and correctly tucking the line into the grass trimmer. Read the article and watch the video review. Thicker line can be used on more powerful grass trimmers. How to wind the line onto the spool of the grass trimmer. Unplug the grass trimmer before changing the line (switch off the engine on brushcutters). The procedure is as follows: On the curved bar trimmer, unscrew the thumbscrew and remove the mowing head. On a straight bar trimmer. insert a screwdriver or hex key into the hole under the spool. Lock the key and unscrew the coil. Before loading the line into the electric grass trimmer, you need to choose the correct thread cross-section: for a model with a motor power of less than W, a cord with a diameter of 1.3 mm or 1.6 mm is suitable; for power more than 1 kW, choose a consumable with a cross section of 2 mm. A few tips on how to change the line on a gasoline trimmer. For such a model, you should pay attention to the shaft mower: for a bent one, use a thread with a cross section of 2 mm; for a straight line, choose a cord with a diameter of 2, 5 or 3 mm. In a petrol trimmer, it is important to remove the coil correctly. What line is used for the grass trimmer? How to remove the spool from the grass trimmer? Threading bobbins with different types of bobbins. A few tips for the correct threading of the string Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of brushcutters and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable. Method 2. how to properly put the line on the reel of a brushcutter with a photo description and video. The second method differs from the first in that it is not a single piece of equipment that is charged into the coil, but segments from two parts. Before properly winding the line on the spool of the grass trimmer, do the following: block the cutting shaft with a stupor; remove the coil, to do this, press the button or two small latches (they are located on opposite sides of the rod); remove the bobbin carefully (there is a spring inside the spool, which may be lost after removing the bobbin); Bobbin with spring, spool free and ready to rewind new line. free the block from the remnants of fishing line and grass, if they got there; measure the required length of the working thread and cut it off (usually a 6 meter long line).