How to Properly Sharpen a Brush Cutter Disk
City dwellers often think about how good it would be to have their own plot and get fresh healthy vegetables from their garden every year, but then the next thought comes up about the constant tedious maintenance of the soil with shovels and choppers. There is a solution. Cultivators for the garden have long been on sale, which can facilitate almost any work related to cultivating the land.
Types of cultivators identified by engine type:
- Rechargeable. The most mobile option due to its autonomy, but not very powerful.
- Electric cultivator. Suitable for caring for a small area, since it greatly depends on the length of the wire and the distance to the outlet.
- Gasoline cultivator. Best suited for a large amount of heavy work. Only this will help to justify spending on quality fuel. It has the highest power. Gasoline models require a strictly defined fuel, prescribed in the instructions. Often in the engine malfunctions occur due to the appearance of soot, so you need to carefully monitor this moment.
- Diesel cultivator. It has the lowest fuel consumption. Very easy to care and maintain. Due to the large weight, they fit snugly to the ground. There are both water-cooled and air-cooled models. The diesel cultivator has a three-speed gearbox, that is, two speeds for forward and one for reverse.
Types of cultivators by weight and power:
- Ultralight. They have a small processing width (up to 30 cm) and depth (up to 10 cm), but it weighs only 10-15 kg. Suitable for small work on the site, for example, for weeding between ridges or caring for flower beds.
- Light cultivators. Technical characteristics of this type of cultivator: 40-50 cm processing width, 10-15 cm depth, 40 kg. Design weight, not too light, which makes it less mobile than ultralight, but with a wider range of work.
- Medium. It captures a width of up to 90 cm, a depth of 20. The weight of the device is approximately 70 kg. A reliable tool for processing a large garden in a summer cottage in combination with other devices.
- Heavy. Manufacturers position them as professional equipment for extensive farm work.
Drive Type Classification
The manual cultivator is easy to control and cheap. This is the best cultivator for working with beds in a small garden plot. However, a manual cultivator will not cope with large volumes of work, as well as with hard clay soil.
You can also build a manual cultivator with your own hand. Homemade mini-cultivator for lawn care is a metal wheel with a diameter of 20 cm, which rests on a solid wooden axle. The long handle completes the design so that you can cultivate the land without bending over. A manual cultivator for giving can help out in many situations.
Also, a good manual cultivator is obtained from a springy steel tape 20 mm wide, 0.5 meters long and 1.5 mm thick. You need to bend this tape in such a way as to obtain a semblance of a loop, and sharpen both edges with a file. At the end, the handle is attached, and the cultivator is ready to do it yourself.
A fairly popular option for hand-made manufacturing is a rotary cultivator. Make it a little harder, but the effect of the work will be better. It will help not only to loosen the soil, but also to bury it, level it, get rid of large clods of earth. The following elements are included in the mechanism of a rotary disk cultivator:
The motor cultivator is powered by an electric motor. It surpasses the manual cultivator in terms of power and speed of soil cultivation, therefore, it is perfect for both gardening and gardening. Which cultivator to choose depends primarily on the goals set. It should be noted that the wire significantly reduces the radius of the device.
Work item division
Tillage mechanisms are equipped with plowshares, a mill, disk coulters or lancet paws. Sometimes they are complemented by grass-efficient knives with their own drive. Also, the models are divided by the method of cultivating the land.
Best suited for deep weed control without damaging other plants. It is reliable for pre-sowing cultivation of the earth and its loosening before germination. Special shields protect crop plants from being blocked by soil, and the immersion of teeth in the soil can be regulated.
One of the most popular options for presowing work. Such cultivators for continuous tillage are able to effectively weed and thin out the beds.
Designed for processing plantings of corn, sugar beets, sunflowers. At the same time and removes weeds, and retains moisture in the ground.
Paws for devices are also different, but lancet are most preferred. They are V-shaped wings and a chest with a shank that connect to the back of the wings. Due to the bending of the chest with a displaced center, the lancet paw is quite reliable in operation.
Separately, it is necessary to talk about such a device as a mounted cultivator. It consists of a frame in the form of three iron beams, equipped with two supporting wheels and various working tools, which can be quite a lot. Up to 9. The mounted cultivator is distinguished by a part called a hitch, with which you can change the tools to those that are needed in this moment.
Choosing these devices, you can perform on the site almost any kind of work. Two basic tools with which the mounted cultivator can function:
- Hills that allow you to create furrows between rows of landings;
- Loosening paws. Cutting elements that allow you to remove weeds and at the same time loosen the soil.
The mounted cultivator is suitable for use where there is no electricity nearby. Over, it is quite productive. On average it can cultivate up to 6 hectares of land per hour. The mounted cultivator is designed for attachment to a tractor or other agricultural transport. As soon as his paws come to an inclined position, the mounted cultivator starts loosening the earth.
The garden mounted cultivator has the main wheels, which, turning, cut off weeds, after which the earth remaining on the paw falls down and falls apart. So weeding and cultivation are made. Provided that the tractor is in the household, the device can replace several others at once, including a diesel cultivator or a battery cultivator.
How to choose the right device?
Rating of the best brands producing garden equipment:
It is mainly engaged in the production of semi-professional mechanical gardening equipment with medium power. It is equipped with SUBARU gasoline engines, but there is also a model with an electric motor.
The main characteristic of the cultivator of this company is its excellent build quality and the durability of component mechanisms. Engines for equipment are supplied by major manufacturers with world renown. Honda, ROBIN SUBARU. Each manufactured device is guaranteed to withstand 2,000 hours of operation without breakdowns.
Plant named after Degtyarev (RF)
The factory is located in the city of Kovrov and has been releasing gardening equipment “Master” for several years. The main advantages of their products are the availability of spare parts and ease of assembly. However, the weeding cultivator of this company is not suitable for working with virgin land. It is necessary to start the unit using a manual starter.
A review of gardening equipment manufacturers would not be complete without this famous firm. She produces three series of cultivators for work on medium or small areas. When wondering how to choose a cultivator for a summer residence, it is necessary to remember that each of these series is divided into several branches. For amateurs and professionals.
Cultivators from Husqvarna can loosen the earth to a depth of 28 centimeters, even if it is virgin. The width of the treatment is up to 0.6 meters, depending on how many soil mills are installed.
The top-selling cultivators include a joint Russian-Chinese development. This is a good build quality combined with a nice price, much lower than that of European counterparts. Units are suitable for performing a full cycle of work on a personal plot.
One of the most popular brands for farmers of all countries of the world. It has a low noise level and low transmission, which makes working with this technique simple and convenient, and its engines consume a minimum amount of gasoline.