How to properly start STIHL ms 180
How to start a STIHL 180 chainsaw correctly?
If you do not know how to start a STIHL 180 chainsaw “cold”, you should strictly follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and requirements, following the algorithm:
- Turn on the ignition (how to set the ignition on the STIHL 180 chainsaw is indicated in the device passport).
- Install the control lever at the lowest point (this way the carburetor choke will block air from the filter, and the throttle will be fully open, and the fuel mixture can be enriched).
- Pull the starter handle several times before the first flash goes off. This will signal that the mixture has entered directly into the cylinder, and your unit is ready to start.
- Now you can move the lever up one section, while the throttle valve will remain in the same position, and the air will open.
- You just have to pull the starter. At the same time, the STIHL MS 180 chainsaw will operate at increased speeds.
If you need to set the throttle to idle, simply pull the throttle trigger and release it immediately. After that, the device will return the speed to normal.
Features of the device
The device of the STIHL 180 chainsaw is simple, the developers have made a lot of efforts so that the household appliance has all the advantages of a professional model and is available to beginners in this field. Design features allow users with different levels of training to operate the device:
- The carburetor diagram of the STIHL 180 chainsaw makes it possible to adjust the unit yourself using a specially designed screw.
- The design allows the use of tires of different sizes. The standard tire, provided by the manufacturer, for the STIHL 180 chainsaw is fourteen inches, if necessary, you can install the model in sixteen inches. This feature makes it possible to significantly increase productivity.
- A two-stroke single-cylinder engine runs on a mixture consisting of only two components. gasoline and oil, the choice of which must be treated as responsibly as possible, since the quality and service life directly depends on this.
- Pull the starter wire to start the engine.
Chainsaw STIHL MS 180. features of operation and maintenance
The STIHL MS 180 chainsaw is used for preparing a stock of firewood in private houses and small farms, improving the garden area, crowning shrubs, with its help you can clear the area and perform a variety of work of various levels of complexity, including felling trees and sawing wood. It is truly a multifunctional device. In addition, you can use different attachments for repair and construction work.
How to adjust the carburetor on a STIHL 180 chainsaw?
The instrument has been configured for users with varying experience with this equipment. Cleaning, replacing or repairing will not be difficult for you, since it is quite easy to disassemble the carburetor on the STIHL 180 chainsaw.
You can purge the unit yourself, change the gaskets and the needle valve, for which you need to disassemble the STIHL 180 carburetor. To do this, you need to unscrew the four screws located on the compensator cover, and also screw one on the fuel pump. After you open the case of the unit, you should be extremely careful, since even the ingress of small debris and even hairs can make the operation of this unit impossible.
How to dilute gasoline for a STIHL 180 chainsaw?
Most owners of saws of this model are wondering what gasoline to pour into the STIHL 180 chainsaw and what proportions with oil must be observed. The best option is a ratio of 1/50, which means that for five liters of ready-made mixture, you only need 100 milliliters of oil.
How to mix gasoline with oil
You can extend the operating life of the STIHL MS 180 chainsaw using a high-quality, properly prepared fuel mixture. Quite often, AI-2 or AI-95 gasoline is used for this model. Please note that only unleaded gasoline is allowed, which can protect the engine from premature damage.
Chainsaw STIHL MC 180 specifications
The STIHL MS 180 chainsaw has characteristics that correspond to the light class. It is equipped with tanks of small volume, while it has a low weight. 3.9 kilograms. Engine power rated at two horsepower or 1500W, easily copes with any task.
Chainsaw STIHL 180 faults and repairs
Among the common breakdowns of the STIHL 180, as well as other models of chainsaws, the following can be attributed:
- Drive sprocket wear due to aggressive and frequent use.
- Starter cord breakage.
- No spark in spark plugs.
- Leakage in the lubrication system supplying oil to the chain.
- Air is sucked into the crankcase through the oil seals.
- Breakage in carburetor leads to fuel cut.
Principle of operation
Before identifying a malfunction and repairing the STIHL 180 chainsaw, you should study the principle of its operation and what structural elements it consists of. As part of the chainsaw, its main element is necessarily present. a two-stroke engine. It is he who is responsible for the reliability and performance of the device. The engine is involved in starting the chain drive and keeping it moving by the centrifugal clutch. In addition to the electric motor, the chainsaw includes:
- flywheel, it is also a cooling unit;
- ignition block;
- clutch and brake mechanism;
- carburetor with STIHL compensator;
- air filter;
- fuel and oil tank;
- anti-vibration system.
Fuel from the tank enters the carburetor, where air from the cleaning unit is mixed with it. From the carburetor, the air / fuel mixture enters the engine. The saw carburetor has one miter screw that controls the idle speed. All device settings are made at the factory and ensure optimal flow of the fuel-air mixture.
The chainsaw uses a single-cylinder engine. A clutch is used as a protection mechanism, which allows the electric motor to idle in the event of a chain jam. At the initial revolutions, special pads located in the radial direction are pressed by springs against the middle of the shaft, thereby preventing it from rotating. At high rpm, the centrifugal force increases, which causes the springs to compress. The pads are squeezed out from the center of the shaft, the sprocket rotates and the chain starts.
The electrical circuit of the device is involved in the ignition system. Due to the use of a flywheel with magnets, an electromotive force (EMF) arises during rotation, which leads to the appearance of a current in the electronics unit. The block sends a signal to the candle, provoking the appearance of a spark at its terminals. This spark ignites the carburetor mixture. After a successful start, the chainsaw begins to repeat all work processes in a cycle.
The chain of the device is assembled from teeth and connecting elements. To protect the user from kickback, the device is equipped with a brake system. Oil is supplied in automatic mode under the action of a pump.
The passport of the “STIHL” MC-180 gasoline saw is an instruction manual, which contains complete information about the tool itself. Before starting operation, you must carefully study the manual to avoid annoying malfunctions.
We offer you to get acquainted with the instructions for the chainsaw.
How to use a chainsaw: the importance of an air filter
Motorists know what happens to the car when the air filter gets clogged. In principle, nothing catastrophic. the thrust disappears, the engine begins to overheat and, accordingly, the load on its moving parts increases. After changing or cleaning the air filter, everything returns to normal. if, of course, you do not delay this process. The chainsaw is no exception in this regard. in order to ensure the supply of clean air to the carburetor, this tool is equipped with the following filters.
- Nylon. It is cleaned elementary. it is washed in warm soapy water.
- Foam rubber. And this version of the chainsaw filter is perfectly washed in soapy water.
- Felt. This air purifier is neither rinsed nor cleaned. it will have to be thrown away every time.
Ask how often you need to clean your chainsaw air filter? This moment is easily determined by the operation of the tool. if there are interruptions, the engine will start to swell, and so on.
How to saw a photo with a chainsaw
STIHL 180 How to start a chainsaw. Starting the Stihl MS 180 chainsaw. Engine start stihl ms 180.
During the operation of the gasoline chain saw, its owner must carefully follow the safety rules.
- work with the tool only in protective goggles, gloves and a suit made of thick fabric. In addition, the operator must wear anti-slip footwear;
- only use the chainsaw outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. The engine of the tool generates toxic gases that can harm the health of the operator and others;
- when cutting small branches and logs, use a special stand called a “goat”. It must be installed on a flat, stable surface;
- when using the saw at a height, use a safety rope. The operator must constantly monitor that the cut branches do not touch the power lines;
- Before cutting down large trees, clear a place for the operator to escape. In this case, it is necessary to determine in advance the direction of the fall of the trunk and move in the opposite direction in time.
For whatever purpose the chainsaw is used, the operator must hold it firmly with both hands. Otherwise, the tool may slip out and cause irreparable harm to the health of its owner or others.
Hold the tool
In order to start the chainsaw correctly, you should hold it in the right way at the time of starting.
The position of the saw is very important here. Holding at the moment of start can be carried out in two ways
Regardless of the position in which you plan to start the saw, be sure to apply the saw price brake.
In the second option, you need to take a standing position and hold the upper handle of the tool with your left hand, and squeeze the back handle between your legs. Thanks to this position, you can easily start a low-power tool, and it will be securely fixed, thereby protecting yourself from accidents.
Step-by-step instructions. how to make a correct break-in
Before starting to work with this device, namely imported production, it is necessary to carry out initial processing. First of all, through such manipulation, you can normalize the correct operation of the engine. And the second important advantage is that you simply learn how to handle the tool itself.
the running-in process of your new chainsaw.
First of all, what you have to do is prepare a kind of mixture on which your device will work. To do this, you need oil and gasoline. But remember that you should only use branded products to make this type of lubricant. In order to know which manufacturer the oil is suitable for the model of your tool, you simply need to look at the instructions that are attached to each model of the chainsaw, where everything is described in detail. It is worth noting that during the preparation of this mixture, you must follow all the proportions with utmost precision. Since the octane number that applies to the gasoline you use should not exceed the indicator: 90. An exceptional point can be only if such a change in the number is prescribed in the instruction itself. Actually, let’s get down to the question of how to properly run a chainsaw. In order to check if there is grease in the barrel, you need to direct the tire onto a sheet of paper during the operation of the device itself, the main thing is that it is clean.Since if the process of oil intake is carried out correctly, in this case a characteristic strip of oil will appear on the paper.
It is also important that you should pay due attention to those prescribed paragraphs in the instructions, which speak of cold and hot starting of the engine itself (see how to start the chainsaw) Since the very essence of starting this part of the chainsaw has the same information. It is worth noting that peculiar differences take place exclusively with respect to finding tool management systems.
For example, this could be an air choke lever or a stop button.
In addition, it is very important to first check what position the inertial brake is in. Since it should be off
It is worth noting that when it is off, the chain can be pulled freely without much effort on the bar. But remember that you must perform this manipulation, exclusively protecting your hands by using gloves.
Since if the chainsaw is in working order and the inertial brake is turned on, then the body of the device will begin to melt in the part where the clutch is located. than that, with such a process, the instrument itself can simply catch fire. In such cases, the manufacturer is not responsible for the breakdown of the device, and you will carry out repairs at your own expense. The most important thing to keep in mind is that the tool processing time should not be less than three to four hours. It is also impossible during this kind of manipulation that the chainsaw in idle mode does its work for a long time. Since the time permissible for such operation is no more than fifteen to twenty minutes. But at the same time, you must regularly cycle the engine every thirty seconds. After that, you need to continue processing the device as usual, but with minimal load. That is, you should perform preliminary work with wood of the minimum size while not putting too much pressure on the chainsaw itself.
It is worth noting that it is highly desirable to show your device at least once a year to specialists working in this kind of service center in order for them to determine the state of your tool at the moment and check the carburetor.
When the brake is activated, the assembly process is much slower, so everything is also safe and more comfortable, you can turn on the mechanism without the use of braking equipment.
If a person is not sure of his knowledge and accuracy, then the brake, on the contrary, needs to be activated. With the correct procedure, the device will not start, the mechanism will not perform actions that are dangerous to humans.
How to start a STIHL chainsaw (STIHL MS-180). the first start and start without a starter
Chainsaws differ slightly in design features, however, in most cases, the assembly principle is carried out according to two standard schemes. For many devices, the instructions contain information on the need to activate the emergency brake before starting the activation procedure. You should first master the device of the plant and study the main ways of correcting breakdowns, then a person will have the opportunity to fully operate the device. The article will talk about how to start a chainsaw.
2 diagram of a standard mechanism. how to start the saw correctly
- The ignition is switched on. To do this, you need to move the toggle switch to the desired place or move the switch.
- The swap primer usually has to be pressed more than twice. Gasoline is poured into it, after which you will have to press the device more than three times. Sometimes the chainsaw is not equipped with a primer, then you can skip this step.
When the device stalls constantly, you need to systematically start it up again (see what to do when the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas). After a while, the motor will pick up speed and be able to maintain active work without interruption.
If you cannot turn on and start the chainsaw
When all actions are performed in accordance with the established order, and the chainsaw does not start work, then there are malfunctions in its mechanism. Usually the cause of this phenomenon is common and easily fixable problems, such as lack of spark, shut off the fuel supply, clogged filter that allows air to pass through. In order to start the chainsaw, you will have to find the cause and take the necessary steps to eliminate it.
Only correct actions should be taken. If a person does not know what to do, there is no need to commit rash acts. It is forbidden to disassemble the device, you need to be especially careful with the carburetor. You cannot unscrew any screws on it, since if its device has caused a breakdown, then it is impossible to repair the chainsaw without professional equipment.
The actions that need to be performed in a strict order are listed. Only during the transition from one measure to another can the exact cause of the malfunction be determined and quickly eliminated without damaging other parts. Algorithm of actions performed in case of failures in the establishment of a chainsaw:
- At first it is enough to let the device rest. This is especially true for recently used saws. It is enough to wait no more than 10 minutes, since during this time the mechanism will cool down and in the absence of other breakdowns it will easily start. Sometimes it happens that a candle is poured near the appliance during the establishment. If this unpleasant property has occurred, then it is enough to wait a very short pause and repeat all the steps again to start the engine.
- The housing cover is unscrewed from the device to remove the air filter. The process of starting up the device is performed if it is absent. Sometimes the reason for the lack of ignition is that the filter is dirty. If ignition occurred without it, then the reason lies precisely in this. To eliminate these troubles, it is enough to wash the filter under running, warm water and soap, then dry it. It is also possible to replace the old element with a new one.
- The spark plug is removed. The spark is checked. If it does not appear, you need to replace the old candle with a new one. Usually this helps and a spark appears, but in some cases there is no spark even when changing the mixture.
This means that the ignition unit is damaged, and the chainsaw needs professional repair. Sometimes there is a malfunction of the ignition unit even in the presence of a spark, therefore, this criterion cannot be followed to eliminate the likelihood of breakage.
When a spark appears when it is not possible to make the device work, you must continue to perform the steps described below.
In case of any damage to the cylinder walls, it can be concluded that it will have to be repaired by professional methods or replaced with a new one. Usually, an insufficient concentration of oil in the fuel leads to such malfunctions.
Briefly about the launcher
The chainsaw is powered by an internal combustion engine. This is a simple device, the design of which does not have any special bells and whistles. It usually works properly even in difficult conditions.
Functioning is provided by structural elements:
- Carburetor engine (see carburetor adjustment).
- Centrifugal clutches.
- Ignition system, in almost all devices contactless.
- Carburetor that adds air to the fuel mixture.
- Fuel system. Its standard device consists of a hose, filter and gas tank, but sometimes it also has additional parts.
- Chain (see chain oil).
- Chain tensioner and brake (see how to sharpen the chain).
1 diagram of a standard mechanism
- Before starting the benzoil, it is necessary to move the flap, which acts as an adjustment lever, downwards, in comparison with the optimal position. First you need to press the button responsible for the gas supply. Only if this condition is met is it possible for the damper to move normally to the extreme stop from below. It is necessary to simultaneously move the damper and hold down the gas button. The gas is set to the standard position and the choke closes the carburetor, preparing the unit for correct operation.
In our rating of chainsaws by quality, you will find all chainsaws with an optimal price-quality ratio.
Our other article will also help you to make your choice in favor of a particular brand of chainsaw.
Russian-made chainsaws. low price with sufficiently high quality.
The chainsaw should be started following the standard instructions. If there are any problems with the operation of the device, for example, the chainsaw does not start, it is necessary to quickly eliminate them or take the device for repair, and in order to identify malfunctions and work correctly with the chainsaw, you need to know the features of its design. To learn how to quickly turn on the device and fix breakdowns, it is enough to study the basic range of necessary actions and follow it. Read about how to properly run your chainsaw before starting it for the first time.
Chainsaw Husqvarna-137: DIY Husqvarna-137 starter repair manual, valve malfunction, no spark
STIHL-180 does not start: reasons and remedies, why the chainsaw fills the candle, gasoline does not flow to the cold
How to adjust the carburetor on a Husqvarna chainsaw (Husqvarna). tuning and adjusting the saw
Makita (Makita) 4610 chainsaw DCS461 and electric saw 4610. instruction manual
Starting a STIHL chainsaw almost always follows the same algorithm, except for those cases when a decompression valve and a fuel primer are additionally installed on the chainsaw. These gadgets are designed to facilitate the start-up process and do an excellent job of their functions.
Как правильно заводить Штиль 180 видео, How to start Calm 180 video
Tips for starting a saw MS 180 C
This device, in comparison with the previous one, has some differences in the trigger mechanism. But there will be no configurations in the start method. The described version of the equipment has a system that, using a spring in the saw starter, reduces the resistance of the motor.
All STIHL chainsaws are equipped with two-stroke engines, the cold start of which has a similar algorithm. But there are models on which additional equipment is installed, allowing you to start the saw without excessive efforts. For this reason, the algorithm for starting them may differ slightly.
Let’s take a look at how to start a regular saw and how the process differs from starting a modified model.
How to properly start a STIHL 180 video
how to start a STIHL, start a STIHL chainsaw, how to start a STIHL 180 chainsaw correctly 1st start video
We start STIHL 180
In order to start the STIHL 180 chainsaw on a cold one, you must follow the algorithm specified by the manufacturer in the instructions for the STIHL 180 chainsaw, namely:
- Turn on the ignition and set the engine control lever to the lowest position (in this position, the air damper of the STIHL 180 carburetor blocks air from the air filter, and the throttle valve is fully open, thus the fuel mixture is enriched);
- Pull the starter handle several times until the first flash passes (the flash signals that the fuel mixture has entered the cylinder and the saw is ready to start);
- Set the control lever one position up from fully lowered (in this position, the air damper opens, and the throttle valve remains in the same position as before);
- Pull starter and start. The saw will start and run at higher rpm due to the throttle valve being as open as possible. To set the damper to idle mode, you must press the gas trigger and immediately release, the tool immediately normalizes the speed.
The STIHL MS 180 chainsaw, as standard, is not equipped with any additional devices that can facilitate starting.
Below you can see how to start STIHL 180. The video reflects in detail all the main points, and the author’s Комментарии и мнения владельцев allow you to understand the whole process to the smallest detail.
Getting Started STIHL MS 180 C
The device of this model, in comparison with the previous one, has some differences in the trigger mechanism, but it does not carry any changes in the triggering algorithm. The fact is that the ErgoStart system is installed in the STIHL 180 C, which, due to an additional spring installed in the chainsaw starter, reduces the engine resistance when starting.
Can. Everything fits perfectly. Just don’t run over to, 325 “. It’s hard for the motor. But you should mean a couple of aspects. How to start a Husqvarna chainsaw. Nevsky method. On such a set (with a removable), the sprocket is a little larger in diameter and one tooth more. The speed of the chain will increase in proportion 6: 7, accordingly, the load on the engine will also increase. But practice has shown that this is not critical with normally sharpened chains. And the second, a completely new chain of 50 links on such an asterisk is difficult to put on. (In general, 51 links are recommended, but they occasionally happen). The first time you have to suffer so that she stood on the sprocket and the tire. And later, when she stretches a little, everything will be fine to dress.
I bought a STIHL 180 chainsaw. I filled in oil, benzyl. Started up and gave it to work without load at idle speed. Burned a tank of gasoline, at times pressed the gas a little. For some reason, the oil for lubricating the chain did not come in, the oil hole remained dry. Or it will begin to flow when the revolutions are higher and the chain spins longer?
How to start the saw after long periods of inactivity
I can’t start the chainsaw after a long period of inactivity. Such Комментарии и мнения владельцев can be found on the forums dedicated to the repair and operation of saws. Let’s figure out how to start a chainsaw after a long period of inactivity.
The fact is that a successful start after downtime must be taken care of in advance and the saw should be properly prepared for storage. According to the manufacturer’s instructions, before storing, it is necessary to drain the fuel from the tank, then start the engine and burn off the fuel in the fuel system.
Preparation is necessary so that during storage, the carburetor membranes do not stick together. Performing this simple operation will allow you to successfully start the saw after long-term storage.
It is much easier to start the chainsaw six months after idle time, if just before starting, through the spark plug hole, add 1. 2 ml of the fuel mixture to the cylinder. This can be done with a syringe.