How To Pull The Line To The Trimmer
First of all, to wind the fishing line, you need to remove the spool (bobbin, spool) from the trimmer. specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric trimmers with a working engine and bottom coil usually have side buttons on either side of the bobbin. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool together with the inner content for winding the line is detached, while the lower part remains on the trimmer. It is advisable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring included in the structure does not jump out and get lost;
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with a curved bar without the possibility of installing a knife, as a rule, have spools with a special wing: in such designs, hold the spool in a stationary position with one hand, and rotate the locking reel on the rod with the wing nut counterclockwise with the other. After disconnecting the nut, the entire bobbin is removed.
- Electric and gasoline trimmers with the ability to install the knife on a straight bar (for example, Stihl trimmers) have a hole under the reel. To keep the rod stationary, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and, with slow rotation, such a mutual arrangement is achieved when the screwdriver enters the hole and the bobbin is fixed. After that, the coil body is scrolled clockwise (with a left-hand thread) and removed from the trimmer.
For the second and third cases, the coils, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In bobbins with a lamb, a lamb is unscrewed, in coils with latches, the latches are pressed and one part of the coil is released from the other. If the halves of the bobbin are connected by thread, then it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
How to insert line into the trimmer spool? Instructions
The warranty production of the factory trimmer refueling will inevitably require line replacement. Having a very rough idea of how to thread the line into the trimmer reel on their own, beginners are reluctant to take up this business. However, with some skills, mastering this simple science does not present any difficulties, and the similar instruction presented below will make this process as easy as possible.
Coil with one working antenna
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The dimensions of the reel and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of the line for winding. 2. 5 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the spool.
- The fishing line is wound on the drum in the opposite direction of the spool rotation on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inside of the reel, an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small section of the line is left free to lead it out. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin into working condition.
- The left end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the reel.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
We wind the fishing line
Slowly completed disassembly of the spool-spool without losing its spare parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the reel. Technological features of the spool design and the number of working antennae determine the sequence of actions.
Coil with two working antennae
In this type of spools, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line, lying on the inside of the spool:
- One groove. both tendrils are wound together in one groove;
- Two grooves. each tendril is wound on an individual groove.
For both cases, a line with a length of 2-3 m is taken.In single-groove reels, the line is pulled into a through hole, its ends (antennae) are folded together and aligned, after which they are wound in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod side. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct direction of winding. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded through them or held with the fingers of the free hand, they are threaded into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the spool is closed and attached to the trimmer bar.
The difference in line winding in two-groove spools is that initially a 2-5 m long line segment is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the fold loop is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both antennae of the fishing line are wound each along its own groove, fixing the antennae and assembling the coil is similar to the one discussed above with one groove.
The first execution of this procedure, perhaps, will seem long and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The following will clearly show how to thread the line into the trimmer reel and wind it correctly. this operation is not difficult and with some patience it will certainly be crowned with success:
Automatic line winding to a spool
There is a type of reel in which the automatic mechanism winds on its own. from the user it is enough only to correctly fill the line. The fishing line is passed through a hole on the inner part of the body, its antennae without winding are passed through the hole on the outer body, the reel is assembled, and when the winding button is rotated, the fishing line inside is wound independently. In such a spool, it is impossible to make the winding wrong: the mechanism itself will determine the correct direction, since it can only rotate in one direction.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
The trimmer is a great solution for those who have a large garden or lawn near the house that needs to be constantly trimmed. But like any other tool, sometimes it requires intervention. After some time, it will become necessary to replace certain elements, and this will have to be learned.
How can this be done? To replace the main cutting element, you must first select it correctly. In principle, the instruction manual for lawn mowers should indicate the diameter of the filament to be used in it.
When you have acquired the required cutting element, try to install it correctly. It should be noted that there are a huge number on the Internet. Which will help you figure out how to properly thread the line into the trimmer spool.
How to change line on a trimmer
Below we have provided step-by-step instructions for replacing the trimmer thread.
The first thing to do is unplug the tool and turn off the engine. Then you need to remove the trimmer head. This can be done using a simple screwdriver by lowering it into the hole in the gearbox to prevent the shaft from turning. And then just unscrew
They are usually unscrewed clockwise, but different models have different mechanisms, so it may have to be turned in the opposite direction. But if suddenly, for some reason, you cannot figure it out, then we strongly recommend that you refer to the user manual to understand how to disconnect it
Second. After removing the mowing head, open it. This can be done by means of clamps that are located opposite each other. By pressing on them, you can remove the head cover, and then pull out the spool on which the line is wound. By pulling it out, you can determine what type it belongs to. There are bobbins one-piece and two-piece
We analyze how to thread the line into the trimmer spool in two versions
So, there is one option. we load the line into a single-section reel. The prepared piece of thread is folded in half and pushed into the spool. Then, we start winding both ends in the same direction, which will be indicated by the arrow on the spool. At the end of winding, do not forget to check that different ends of the thread are looking in different directions.
Option two. winding the line with a two-piece reel. The pre-prepared thread is divided into two parts, and its ends must be fixed: this must be done by placing them in special fasteners
Winding is carried out, as in the first case, along the arrow indicated on the spool. Both segments should be wound so that they do not cross. Further, the ends of the thread should be fixed in the grooves and divorced on opposite sides.
The spring is then inserted into the reel and the whole thing is placed in the mowing head. When placing the spool in the trimmer, you need to gently hold the spring parallel while inserting the line into the slots on the mower head. And in the end, it just needs to be secured with the final part, that is, with a lid.
After threading the trimmer, you need to check it. If you did everything correctly, everything will work, but if you make a mistake, we recommend that you read the article again, or even better, if you look at how to install the line on the reel in the trimmer.
How to remove the line from the trimmer spool
Over time, the cutting element of the head wears out, and it becomes necessary to pull out the remnants of the old line. Not everyone knows how to do this. Our step-by-step instructions plus how to remove the thread from the trimmer spool, which you can find on the net, will help in solving this issue.
The mowing head must be disassembled
Remove the cover using the clips
Cleaning up the remnants of cutting material
Complicated ? Of course not. But if, nevertheless, doubts creep into you that for some reason you cannot do this, then of course find and see how to pull out or how to wind the thread on the reel of the lawn mowers.
How to replace the line on an electric trimmer
In fact, it makes no difference which oblique you use, be it electric or gasoline. Threading is the same. The only difference is that if you use a gas streamer, you get more freedom, since you are not limited by the cable that is present on the electric streamer.
Yes, do not hesitate to use special rollers for setting or threading the line in an electric scythe, which can teach you much faster than simple reading.
Algorithm of actions
Before winding the line properly on the trimmer spool, follow these steps:
- Block the cutting shaft with a stupor;
- Remove the coil by pressing the button or two small latches (they are located on opposite sides of the rod);
- Remove the bobbin carefully (there is a spring inside the bobbin, which may be lost after removing the bobbin);
Bobbin with spring, spool free and ready to rewind new line
- Free the block from the remnants of fishing line and grass, if they got there;
- Measure the required length of the working thread and cut it off (usually this is a 6 meter long line);
- Fold the thread in half and place the middle inside the spool.
Further actions depend on the type of bobbin.
What are the coils
In gasoline devices, one- and two-section coils are installed. Another difference is that cutting is done with one tendril or two. Based on these conditions, a working thread is wound.
Disassembled lower part of the tool. the coil consists of one section
The bobbins are divided into 2 sections, the winding of the line is carried out on each level separately.
Lightweight and compact household devices for fighting grass on an area less than 15 acres have a capacity of up to 1 hp. This figure is enough for a summer residence, a small lawn.
Power within 1. 3 HP. It is necessary to combat shrubs, thin branches. This is an indicator of industrial and universal units. They have a longer service life, weight, some models can create a high noise level.
If you need to get rid of young shoots of trees, thick branches of shrubs, lawn mowers with a capacity of more than 3 hp are used. These are heavy apparatus that require great physical effort to operate. The advantages of such mowers are a large supply of fuel, separate refueling of gasoline and oil, high productivity.
Model with shoulder strap for easy operation
Cutting the grass is done with a knife or fishing line. The first option is more efficient. The knife copes with dense thickets of grass, branches, does not need to be wound. The disadvantage of knives is a high level of danger, the need to periodically sharpen the tool. True, all models have protective blocks, but they are installed from the operator’s side.
The line is safe, light, and does not need to be sharpened. The disadvantage of this type of cutting element is that it is not designed for thick branches. For young grass, use a line with a thickness of 2 mm, for tougher vegetation. a line with a diameter of 3 mm.
The saw blade is used for cutting the toughest branches.
Cutting disc handles grass and small branches easily
There is a universal option with changing the cutting element. In such trimmers, the line and knife change, based on the task at hand. The disadvantage of such devices is a high price.
Varieties of benzotrimmers
Trimmers are distinguished by indicators:
- Engine’s type;
- Cutting element;
- Handle configuration;
- Fuel filling method;
- Noise level.
Depending on the power, tools are of household, industrial, mixed, universal type. Lawn mowers are a separate type. They are the most powerful of all types of gasoline trimmers.
How to tuck the line into the trimmer
The method of winding the thread on the bobbin depends on the model of the gasoline trimmer. In devices with a line and in a sample with the possibility of changing the cutting element, the algorithm of actions is different. Let’s analyze each option separately. The diameter of the line is indicated on the side of the reel or in the tool’s passport. For winding, choose the line specified by the manufacturer.
A line with a diameter of 2 mm is considered universal. It is used for cutting grass of any hardness. The thicker the working thread, the harder vegetation it cuts. But, if too thick line is inserted into the spool, the engine will start to overheat, as the resistance to shaft rotation will increase.
Manufacturers offer 2 handle options:
- T-shaped (in the form of a bicycle handlebar);
- J shape.
The handle in the form of the letter “T” is installed on models with automatic line rewinding. The work is carried out with 2 hands located on both sides of the bar. This position is convenient for mowing large areas of vegetation. The cut is made according to the braid principle. from one side to the other. This option does not differ in maneuverability, it does not work well on difficult terrain. The bicycle handlebars can be equipped with control buttons. In household trimmer types, the trigger buttons are installed on the bar.
Classic trimmer model with reversible handle with control buttons
The petrol trimmer with a D-shaped handle is more maneuverable, it is convenient for them to mow the grass in areas with difficult terrain. In such an instrument, the hands are placed one above the other. The drawback of the handle is that it is difficult to hold, the control of such a device is more complicated.
D-shaped trimmer handle
The handle in the form of the English letter “J” is the most inconvenient, therefore it is rare.
Fuel filling method
In cheap, low-power samples, fuel is poured into the tank at the same time. This creates inconvenience for users, since oil and gasoline must be mixed before operation. In expensive mowers, 2 separate tanks for gasoline and oil are installed. Refueling occurs as you use it and is not interdependent.
Small mobile devices for cutting grass and young branches, consisting of a bar, motor, cutting part and handle are called a trimmer.
The device without a trimmer is simple, it is easy to disassemble, if necessary
There are electric and gasoline modifications. The former are not refueled, but they depend on the length of the cord. The second work regardless of the availability of electricity, anywhere in the garden or vegetable garden.
Petrol trimmers are lighter and less expensive than lawn mowers. They cope with grass and shrubs, so such mowers are used in everyday life and on an industrial scale. For convenience, the technique provides straps that are worn on the shoulder. Thus, the stress on the arms and back is reduced.
What should be the length of the working thread
It all depends on the method of fishing and the reservoir. If a small length of line is required for fishing, then it should be less; if long-distance casting is required, then more fluorocarbon is needed. For a quick change in the field, every angler should know how to change the line on the trimmer. If the spool of the reel is deep, then approximately two-thirds must be filled with a cheaper thread, and the remaining part should be wound with working fluorocarbon, which is necessary directly for fishing. The rewinding should consist of a thinner line than the working line, this will increase the density and not fall through the main.
How to wind line on a trimmer: examples and recommendations
As a rule, before going fishing, it is necessary to check all the tackle, the reliability of the connecting loops and the sharpness of the hooks. But do not forget about the backing, which is wound on a reel, because the success of fishing in general will depend on how to wind the line on the trimmer. Incorrectly wound, it can lead to a “beard”, which is difficult to untangle and which takes a huge amount of precious time, the casting distance can be significantly reduced, and in general in such a situation it is better not to fish.
How to wind line on a trimmer
During winding, the reel handle should be turned smoothly, without jerks and at high speeds. Care must be taken to ensure that the thread is laid with straight parallel lines. Do not wind too thick line that is not intended for this reel.
Smoothly winding fluorocarbon, you should pay attention to how much is left to the side. The optimal distance is 2 mm from the top layer to the edge of the side.
How to properly attach the thread to the trimmer
Winding the line to the trimmer. It’s a simple matter, but it requires some skill. First you need to firmly attach the reel to the rod. Then thread one end of the fluorocarbon through all the ears of the rod and fasten it to the spool. To do this, you need to raise the bow of the coil, wrap the fishing line around and tie with an Arbor knot.
If the thread is stiff or thick, then before winding it should be immersed in warm water, after this procedure it will become more elastic and will lie smoother. When winding, it is desirable that there is an assistant who would hold the bobbin with the fishing line. In the process, you should slightly slow down the fluorocarbon with your finger or a soft cloth.
Every fisherman must know how to wind the line on a trimmer and what is backing. Backing is the winding of the reel spool. For this, a thread with a diameter of 0.1 to 0.3 mm is often used. If you use a thicker fluorocarbon as a reel, it can lead to uneven and uneven laying of the main line. It is highly undesirable to use wet materials for backing, these include nylon and cotton threads. They are unable to dry completely for a long time, which leads to debate, and the replacement of the line on the trimmer. These are additional financial costs.
The amount of thread required for backing can only be determined empirically. This requires two spools. The required amount of working line is first wound onto one, and then the backing is wound so that two millimeters remain to the edges of the side. After this procedure, the spool with wound fluorocarbon is removed and an empty one is put on, on which the thread is wound, only in the reverse order. Backing first, then working nylon.
Beginning fishermen, due to their inexperience, pay little attention to the choice of a rod and tackle, and after all, the right equipment is the key to fishing success. Usually, spools are purchased with a spool size from 2000 to 3000, which can accommodate 100 meters of line with a number of 0.2 to 0.3 mm.
In addition to their size, they differ from each other in the way they are wound on the spool. You can wind the line on the trimmer spool in a straight, cylindrical or tapered manner, it all depends on the model. You should also pay attention to the country of origin of fishing tackle. If the reel is of Chinese origin, from a cheap series, then always be prepared for line tangling during casts and the occurrence “beards”, in addition, the cheap option quickly fails and requires repair or replacement.
With high-quality winding, fluorocarbon should form a strictly parallel stacking relative to the spool with a direct winding method, and oblique with a tapered.
Storing nylon thread on a spool
How to wind the line on the trimmer. Sorted it out, now let’s talk about storing fishing tackle, in particular fluorocarbon on the spool. For a long service life of the thread, you should adhere to several rules, the implementation of which allows you to save money on the purchase of new equipment.
It is important to remember that after fishing, the line and parts of the reel get wet, they should be well dried. Poorly dried fluorocarbon melts very quickly and becomes unusable. It becomes brittle and can break at the most crucial moment. To prevent this from happening, after seasonal fishing, the line from the reel should be rolled up and spread on the floor so that it dries well. This procedure should be carried out with backing (reeling). You can dry nylon thread after each fishing trip if you go to it once a month.
You already know how to change the line on the trimmer, it shouldn’t be too difficult. Always store your fishing tackle in a dry place, this will guarantee reliability and durability.
Before putting on the line on the trimmer, you need to pay attention to the section of the cord:
- Round thread is the most common option. They cut the grass perfectly even in difficult areas;
- Spiral line is suitable for thin grass. It is not very durable and is not suitable for old thickets;
- A cord with notches and sharp edges is chosen for mowing weeds;
- Line with a variety of geometric sections will help mow the lawn more evenly, but the consumable strength is low.
The owner of the lawn mower should be aware that it is strictly forbidden to use metal wire, fishing thread and various strings.
How to wind the line correctly: replacement features depending on the type of removable trimmer coil
To figure out how to tuck the line into the removable trimmer head, the following recommendations and instructions will help.
How to wind the line around the trimmer: step by step guide and instructions
A beautiful lawn will only look truly well-groomed if you regularly mow the grass. A trimmer is best for tackling difficult areas. Any owner of the machine will sooner or later face a solution to the problem of how to wind the line on a reel, because wrong actions can not only worsen the quality of the mowing, but also disable the equipment. Today in the Homius review we will tell you about all the methods and nuances of replacing the fishing line and the features of choosing consumables.
Before you wind the thread on the trimmer spool, you should pay attention to its size. The most commonly used line is 2 mm.
You can choose a suitable diameter in the following ways:
- See the recommendations in the manufacturer’s instructions for the trimmer.
- Manufacturers often apply cross section information to the bobbin.
- The cross-section of the cord must match the diameter of the reel hole.
How to quickly and easily remove the coil with your own hands
Before replacing the old line with a new one in the detachable trimmer spool, you must remove the head.
The process is completely simple, even beginners can do the job:
- Remove the upper fixing cover.
- Remove the removable spool.
- Get the spring out, if any.
- Unscrew the bolt with a screwdriver.
- Remove the housing from the shaft.
How to wind the line around the reel of the double barb trimmer
You can see before work. And also take into account the following recommendations.
- If there is only one track, both threads are wound parallel.
- If there are two tracks, each piece is wound in a separate groove.
- Wind the threads in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head.
- The length of the free ends should not exceed fifteen centimeters.
- Thread the ends into the outlet holes.
- Assemble the head and check that the trimmer works.
Things to consider when choosing a line
It is important to select the right material before inserting and locking the line into the detachable trimmer spool.
Rating of the best petrol trimmer models. A review of manufacturers and models, as well as useful tips from experts reviewed in this review, will help in a difficult choice among many device models.
Auto feed trimmer: how to wind the line into the removable spool
In some models of trimmers, a reel is installed, the line in which is refilled automatically. It is enough for the owner to fix the ends in the head, after turning on the equipment, the mechanism will perform all the winding manipulations on its own.
What are the trimmers and features of their use
The trimmer is useful for mowing small or difficult areas, such as near hedges, between flower beds and along paths. Today manufacturers produce a wide variety of gasoline, electric and battery models, which can be selected for any owner’s request.
A fishing line is used as a cutting element of the trimmer. In the process of work, sooner or later, its length will end, and then the owner will have a question of how to correctly replace and fix the thread tucked into a removable coil.
Correct winding of the line to the trimmer spool. How to remove the spool from the trimmer?
To change or wind the cutting thread on the spool, it must be removed.
The complexity of its removal depends on the tool model:
- Low motor tool. The motor is almost at the ground here. To remove the coil, press the buttons on the side of the trimmer. After pressing these buttons, the body opens where the line spool is located.
- Curved bar trimmer. Here you need to turn a special wing counterclockwise. Then the coil and the spring in it are removed.
- Straight bar tool. The bar is held motionless with a screwdriver or other object. It is removed by turning it clockwise. Then the tool is disassembled into parts and the reel is taken out.
- If you use a tool with one tendril, you will need about four meters of thread. This thread is passed into a hole inside the spool where it can be fixed. Further, one end of the line is directed in the direction of the arrow. Then the end of this thread is fixed in the groove, which is in the bobbin. This is necessary so that the thread could not unwind when assembling the spool. If there are no grooves, hold the line with your hand and collect the reel.
- If a tool with two antennae is used, then first check the number of grooves present.
If the reel is equipped with a semi-automatic mechanism, then the line is wound as follows:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
It must always be remembered that the cutting thread must be protected from hard things. This will extend its lifespan.
If you do not adhere to this rule, you will often have to stop work, remove the spool and change the thread to a new one.
What line is used for the trimmer?
There are several types of fishing line:
- The most durable is rounded;
- For mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. serrated;
- Special. suitable for certain trimmers.
The section of the cutting thread must correspond to the vegetation to be cut.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type that is recommended by the manufacturer of this particular trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and the size of the unit.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the line for a while if you plan to replace it in the reel.
After soaking, it gains elasticity and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made from different components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon line can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Lawn mower spools or heads have different structure:
- One-string. There is only one working line in the modification of such a trimmer. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Two-stringed. They can be both automatic and semi-automatic. The package here includes two strings. This trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for correctly winding the cutting thread onto the trimmer spool:
- First of all, you need to disassemble the head. To do this, press the latch and turn the cover to the side. Next, the spool is removed.
- Measure out the required amount of cutting thread and insert it into the slot.
- Wind the line on both sides in the direction of the arrow.
- Leave the ends 15 cm long uncoiled.
- These ends fit into opposite slots.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to slightly press on it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread outward. To do this, first pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to collect the grooves on the body and screw the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it all the way. If you hear a click, the spool has clicked.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.
How to wind the line into the trimmer?
When refueling the line for the first time, this process may seem quite laborious, but with time and dexterity, the task is solved much faster.
In order to refuel the line, you must:
- Take the coil, unscrew its cap. On some spools, the thread is made to the left, so the lid must be unscrewed in the required direction.
- Measure five meters of line;
- Fold this segment in half, that is, determine where the middle is;
- Next, place this middle of the line in a special hole on the reel;
- Wind the line in the direction of the arrow;
- If there are two places for winding, then the first part of the line should be wound on one half of the reel, and the second part on the other half;
- Push both ends of the fishing line into the holes of the reel;
- Screw on the lid.
Threading the spools with thread of different types of bobbins
With two-string automatic heads:
- First you need to press the clamp until you hear a click, remove the cover.
- Rotate the spool carefully so that it can detach from the holder. Extract her.
- Measure out two lengths of cutting thread of the same length. To make further work easier, the ends of the line must be cut off at an angle. Take one end and push it into the special hole in the coil. It can also be slots, grooves, clamps, etc.
- Further in the direction of the arrow, you need to wind the fishing line, and quite tightly and evenly. In a special eyelet on the reel, you need to fix the end of the line.
- Subject the other half of the line to the same operation, only on the other half of the reel.
- The next step is to install the coil in the trimmer head. And thread the rest of the line through the hole in the head.
- Then carefully straighten the thread and close the lid. If the line turns out to be long, then it is better to cut off the excess. About fifteen centimeters should remain on each side.
On the semi-automatic head:
- The thread is threaded through the hole that is inside;
- Secure the ends of the thread in the grooves on the body.
- The coil is assembled and a special button is pressed;
- After which the line itself begins to dangle in the right direction.
You should very carefully and carefully thread the cutting thread into the unit, because not only the cleanliness of the garden area, but also personal safety depends on the correct winding.