How to Put a Stihl 180 Oil Pump
Building and Cottage in plain language
Chainsaw STIHL MS 180. An indispensable tool designed for harvesting wood and other construction work from wood. This is one of the most recognized garden devices that is equipped with multifunctional features.
The mass of the tool is about 4 kg. Power reaches 1.5 kW, and the tire length is 35 cm.
Note that the semi-professional device for this saw model got electronic ignition and a fairly fast chain tension. In addition, the STIHL MS 180 saw has 2 tanks designed for gasoline and for the oil mixture.
One of the main features is reduced vibration.
This result is achieved thanks to the 4 shock absorbers. It is no secret that high depreciation adversely affects human health and has long been struggling with in Europe.
It should be noted that it is not advisable to disassemble this saw without special instruction, in this case it is better to entrust the device to the masters.
Stihl MS 180 oil supply repair
Owners of this model of tool should be prepared for the fact that they may encounter such an unpleasant moment as oil leakage to lubricate the chain. Oil can leak out while working with the tool, and even when it is simply lying idle.
What is the reason for this phenomenon? The fact is that oil leaks due to leakage in the area where the hose from the oil tank and pump is connected.
In order to solve the problem of STIHL MS 180 related to the oil supply, it is advisable to disassemble the device.
- Check the hose, if it is damaged, replace it with another. Or try to degrease the hose and rinse, and put on sealant, it should work.
- Check for damage to the filter oil, clean it (if you have refilled)
- There may also be a reason for the clogged crap, which creates a vacuum in the fuel tank, and affects the fuel supply. The problem may be in the carburetor adjustment and the channels, or the air filter, may be clogged thoroughly clean the filter and carburetor channels.
How to Put a Stihl 180 Oil Pump
In general, the problem is mainly due to poor oil.
It is not recommended to pour oil into a chainsaw that is not intended!
What type of oil for stihl 180 chainsaw (stihl 180)
- Do not waste money on the original oil. Stihl HP 2-stroke oil is a little more expensive but cleaning is even more expensive.
- It is necessary to pour high-quality fuel into Mobile 1 as well, and three-phase is suitable for lubrication, in no case should filling workings be done.
- From inexpensive options, mineral oil is 15-40, in winter 10-30. You can M8, for example, or M10.
Remember personal safety when working with a chainsaw.
Remember that the quality of the oil being added affects the operation of the chainsaw. Low quality oil can cause the instrument to work inefficiently and adversely affect its parts.
In order for the STIHL MS 180 oil pump to supply oil without difficulty, periodically check and clean the pump. Therefore, the oil supply process will be normal.
Repair oil supply
Carburetor STIHL MS-180
The STIHL MS-180 carburetor is equipped with one idle adjustment screw. The full-load jet is not adjustable, that is, it cannot be changed.
You need to know the basic rules for setting the idle speed:
1) check the air filter, if necessary, change it;
2) check the spark protection grille, if necessary, change or clean it. Then you can turn on the engine, and then warm it up.
Carburetor Repair STIHL MS 180
Carburetor repair STIHL MS 180 is a very difficult process. Note that during repair, the risk of sudden changes in the cylinder-piston group is practically absent.
If the chainsaw does not start, then apply the following steps:
1) open and close the gas tank cover;
2) it is advisable to remove the candle, and then drain;
3) ventilate the combustion chamber.
If after this no positive results have occurred, it is better to check the condition of the air filter, the process of supplying gasoline and the functioning of the plug.
This problem is associated with a valve (blind), which becomes clogged, and as a result a vacuum forms. To eliminate this inconvenience, you need to clean the valve (blindman) with a needle.
Systematically check the filter, if the muffler is clogged, the device will not be able to give off the power that is embedded in it.
If the chainsaw was purchased with a guarantee (there can usually be no other option), immediately bring it to the service.
Thus, the STIHL MS 180 chainsaw is very convenient to use, has good ergonomics and a number of significant advantages.