How To Put Protection On A Gas Trimmer
For a long time, the main tools for combating thickets of grass and weeds were a scythe and a lawn mower. An ordinary scythe is a very simple and easy tool that does not take up much space during storage, but it is almost impossible to get an even lawn with it. Lawn mowers create ideal grass coverings, but will not cope with the task in difficult terrain, under bushes, near fences. An alternative that combines the advantages of both units can be a grass trimmer. The editors of the YANashla website offer you an overview of the best gas trimmers in 2020.
The main types and main characteristics of a gas trimmer
The trimmer is considered one of the most convenient mechanized apparatus for cutting grass. Designed primarily for working on terrain. Gasoline, electric, cordless trimmers are emitted by the energy source. The second and third are characterized by low noise levels, but they can not cope with large volumes of work. Therefore, the majority of gardeners, gardeners and farmers are popular petrol trimmers.The market offers a wide selection of models costing from 4,000 to 70,000 rubles.
Despite the variety of models, all trimmers have one structural basis and consist of:
- A long hollow rod (can be solid and collapsible), on which all the parts of the device are fixed;
- A working head equipped with a cutting line, discs or knives;
- A rotating shaft or cable passing through a channel inside the rod and connecting the motor to the head;
- Fastenings (belt) for fixing the trimmer in relation to the body.
Gas trimmers can be divided into two large categories: household and professional. Household models have little power and are designed to care for the local area.
Advantages of household models:
- Low weight (on average about 7-8 kg), due to the use of a variety of plastic parts;
- Increased security measures, as it implies use by an inexperienced user;
- Not demanding in care and maintenance.
- Have a narrow specialization (one or two cutting elements in the kit);
- It is important to avoid overheating of the device, for many models, the operating time is 20-30 minutes, after which you need to take a break and let the mechanism cool down;
- Not resistant to mechanical damage.
Professional petrol trimmers are equipped with high power engines, a set of interchangeable nozzles and additional elements that facilitate management. They can serve large areas, performing many operations.
Advantages of professional trimmers:
- Continuous operation without overheating 7-8 hours;
- Resistant to vibration, dust, moisture;
- Durable housing that protects the unit from mechanical damage;
- High maintainability, most of the parts can be replaced in whole or in part;
- An expanded list of functions due to a large number of additional nozzles.
- High price.
Before purchasing any model, it is important to determine the parameters that determine the functionality of the trimmer. Technical characteristics worth paying attention to:
- Pen type. This indicator also depends on how convenient it will be to work with the device. The T-shaped (bicycle) form is convenient when processing large areas, makes it possible to control the tool with both hands. A handle similar to the letter J makes it easy to operate the tool while mowing lawns. D-form. Requires a certain skill of work, since you need to hold the structure with two hands one above the other. Such models have greater maneuverability.
Top 6 budget gas trimmers worth up to 10,000
For working in small summer cottages, household models of gas trimmers are suitable. We represent the top 6 best models in terms of price and quality in the category of up to 10,000 rubles.
The fifth line is occupied by a household appliance with a semi-automatic coil for adjusting the length of the fishing line and a two-stroke engine with a power of 1.8 kW. It works well in garden areas up to ten acres. Average price: 5500 rubles.
- All-metal forged shaft;two cutting components: thin fishing line (mowing line 44 cm) and a three-blade knife (25.5 cm);
- Light weight (6.8 kg);
- Anti-vibration system;
- Reinforced casing;
- Bicycle handle shape;
- Fuel compartment volume 1.25 l;
- Primer for pumping fuel;
- Easy Start system.
- The belt slides off the shoulder during operation;
- Regular debugging of the carburetor is required;
- Plastic clips on the reel with fishing line quickly wear out.
- Two options for cutting equipment: fishing line with a diameter of 3 mm (mowing line 42 cm) and a three-blade knife (25.5 cm);
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 1.25 l;
- Primer for pumping fuel;
- Easy start;
- Ergonomic bicycle handle;
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 1.2 liters;
- Economical consumption;
- A choice of a shoulder strap or backpack suspension;
- 2 year warranty.
In third place is the device from a well-known manufacturer, the power of the device is 1.25 kW. It copes well with mowing lawns and small bushes. Average price: 7000 rubles.
- Two options for cutting equipment: fishing line with a diameter of 3 mm (mowing line 40 cm) and a three-blade knife (25.5 cm);
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 0.95;
- Economical consumption of the fuel mixture (on average, a full tank is enough for 2-3 hours of continuous operation);
- Weight 8.3 kg;
- Collapsible bar;
- A primer;
- T-shaped handle can be adjusted in height;
- The shoulder strap does not slip during operation;
- Reliable anti-vibration system;
- Air cooling;
- The kit includes a set of keys.
- The noise level during operation is 102 dB, protective headphones are required;
- Narrow protective cover.
The second line of the ranking is occupied by the model, which has proven itself in the fight against tall weeds. The device is equipped with a 2.5 kW two-stroke engine. Average price: 6800 rubles.
- Easy start;
- Two options for cutting equipment: fishing line with a diameter of 2 mm (mowing line 43 cm) and a three-blade knife (25.5 cm);
- Ergonomic, height-adjustable handle, bicycle shape;
- Anti-vibration system;
- Knapsack belt;
- Weight 7kg;
- Air cooling system;
- Fuel tank volume;
- Strong protective casing;
- Included measuring tank for preparing the fuel mixture.
- Creates 96 dB noise; special headphones are required for operation;
- The model is sensitive to fuel quality;
- Often there are difficulties with replacing fishing line in the reel.
The leader in the rating of budget models is a gas trimmer with a two-stroke engine with a capacity of 2.21 kW. Easily copes with cutting tall grass and small bushes. Average price: 9800 rubles.
- Easy start;
- Gas button lock;
- Ergonomic bicycle-shaped handle with anti-vibration coating;
- Three options for cutting equipment: fishing line with a diameter of 2-3 mm (mowing line 41 cm), three-blade knife (23.5 cm);
- Forty-lead disc (23.5 cm);
- Fuel tank volume 1.2 l;
- Reliable vibration absorption system;
- Design weight 7.7 kg;
- Built-in knife for trimming fishing line;
- Included graduated canister for the preparation of gasoline-oil mixture and two keys;
- Detailed instructions.
- A fairly frequent replacement of candles is required;
- High noise level, special protection is needed.
Kruger gas trimmer known German manufacturer with increased power up to 3000 watts. It processes territories up to 10 acres without problems. It does not overheat with prolonged use, as it is equipped with an air cooling system. It weighs only 7 kg. The average price is about 8000 rubles.
Information on the technical characteristics of the device can be found on the website of the official KRÜGER equipment supplier.
- Rich equipment: five knives and two fishing lines are supplied with the device;
- Good cutting width: up to 415 mm;
- Removes not only grass, but also trees with shrubs;
- Suitable for continuous use: the shoulder belt evenly distributes the load on the hands;
- The presence of a soft start function that facilitates starting the engine;
- The bicycle form of the handle increasing the usability of the device.
- Increased noise due to increased power.
Top 5 gas trimmers worth up to 50,000 rubles
The fifth line is occupied by a petrol trimmer, which has shown excellent performance in difficult conditions, with a 0.9 kW two-stroke engine. The easy and convenient device will become a reliable assistant in the care of the garden. Average price: 29,600 rubles.
- Es-start function
- Weight 6.76 kg;
- Hanging belt with three fixation points;
- Rubber vibration isolator;
- The average level of noise generated during operation (90 dB);
- The volume of the tank for the fuel mixture is 0.84 l;
- Two options for cutting equipment: 3 mm fishing line and three-pronged knife.
- Short cable from motor to control handle on steering wheel.
Fourth place is given to a very lightweight, versatile model equipped with a 0.8 kW two-stroke engine. Average price: 15,000 rubles.
- Weight 5 kg;
- The engine is equipped with a spark arrestor;
- Two-shoulder strap with a latch for quick reset;
- Vibration absorption system;
- Button-lock for fixing the throttle to the “start” position;
- Ergonomic shape of the T-shaped handle;
- Two cutting equipment options: 3 mm fishing line and four-tooth knife.
- The engine is picky about the quality of the oil;
- A small volume of the tank for the fuel mixture (0.4 l).
The third line is occupied by a model with a powerful (1.47 kW) two-stroke engine. Mows grass and shrubs well with a trunk diameter of up to 5 cm. Average cost: 10,200 rubles.
- Semi-automatic bobbin;
- Weight 7.6 kg;
- Case and casing are resistant to mechanical damage;
- Collapsible shaft;
- Capacity for a fuel mixture of 0.9 l;
- Noise and vibration damping system;
- Two options for cutting equipment: fishing line (2.4 mm) and 40-prong disc;
- Anti-slip bicycle handle.
- Weak belt fasteners;
- Very accurate assembly with mandatory pulling of all joints is required;
- Verification of the start-up mechanism before acquisition is necessarily required, there are cases of manufacturing defects.
On the second line of the rating is a model with a four-stroke engine rated at 1.07 kW. This is one of the most environmentally friendly trimmers. Average price: 28,200 rubles.
- Easy to start;
- Weight 7.1 kg;
- Bike handle with anti-slip coating;
- Two options for cutting equipment: a 2.4-mm fishing line and a three-toothed knife;
- Gas tank volume 0.65 l;
- Convenient suspension of a backpack type;
- Economically consumes fuel;
- Does not require the preparation of fuel mixtures;
- Included oil and measuring tank (poured into a separate tank).
The leader of the rating is the device from a well-known manufacturer equipped with a 4-MIX STIHL engine with a power of 1.4 kW. A reliable petrol trimmer is suitable for caring for large areas, easily copes with difficult terrain, mowing grass near fences, stairs, around trees without any problems. Average price: 27,000 rubles.
- Uniform distribution of load on the hands and back of the operator due to the special design of the double shoulder strap;
- Automatic decompression system;
- Exclusive vibration absorption system;
- Weight 5.9 kg;
- Average noise level during operation (95 dB);
- Ergonomic T-handle;
- Standard cutting elements: fishing line and two-blade knife;
- Safety glasses included.
- There may be difficulties with starting at air temperatures below 10;
- The volume of the fuel compartment is 0.53 liters.
The choice of tool depends on the scale and complexity of the work that will need to be performed. If you want to keep a lawn in an ideal order, a light lawn mowing with a two-stroke engine with a power of 0.5-0.7 kW, equipped with a cutting line with a diameter of 1.4-2.4 mm, is ideal. For example, Husqvarna 128R weighing only 5 kg.
For hay harvesting, a device with a power of 1.3-1.5 kW is better suited, with a fairly large fuel tank equipped with a 4-8 tooth knife or disk. For example, Daewoo Power Products DABC 420.
To service large areas with complex terrain, it is better to choose lightweight ergonomic models with a four-stroke engine (STIHL FS 130).
In order for the selected gas trimmer to serve as long as possible, strictly follow the operating instructions, select only those grades of gasoline and oil that are indicated in the recommendations.
If you have experience using the model of gas trimmers presented in the rating, tell us about it in the comments.