How To Put The Trimmer Attachment
For weeding potatoes using a trimmer, several rules are followed:
- Before work, put on equipment (goggles, respirator) that will protect against dust and small particles.
- Weeding is carried out regularly every 14 days.
- Use the device at a plant height of up to 20 cm.
- Carry out an event in dry weather with the aim of mulching plantings.
- Do not deepen the cutters too much. Working depths up to 2 cm are sufficient. This will provide the soil with oxygen and remove the dried crust.
- Do not use a device with low power for a long time. take breaks to avoid overheating the engine.
- After processing, the working part is disinfected in order to get rid of pathogens.
Milling type working body
Designed for weeding that thoroughly digs up the soil, facilitating moisture and nutrient penetration and oxygenation.
- Manufacturer. Taiwan;
- Brands: for TAC lawn mowers;
- Knife material: steel;
- Power supply: gasoline engine;
- Weight: 5 kg;
- Working body dimensions: width. 18 cm, cutter diameter. 20 cm.
Safety rules when using the potato trimmer:
- Use metal knives only on straight bar trimmers. Use plastic knives for the curved bar.
- Be sure to read the instructions before use.
- Before starting work, check the serviceability of the device.
- Put on protective equipment before starting work.
- Weed in dry weather.
- Fuel tools powered by gasoline 1 cm below the lower edge of the filler neck only outdoors, with the engine off and cold.
- Warm up the engine at medium speed.
- Use the tool only for its intended purpose.
How to properly weed potatoes with a trimmer with a special attachment
Timely and correctly carried out weeding of potatoes will ensure the active formation of leaves and tubers of the crop. The trimmer with attachments will help to quickly and efficiently remove weeds.
What is the Potato Trimmer Attachment
A trimmer is a device that runs on electricity or gasoline. The working part of the device is the attachments that change depending on the purpose. The equipment saves time and effort for summer residents and has high productivity.
The following methods are used to attach the working part:
- Near the engine instead of the rod;
- Instead of a gearbox under the boom;
- The way in which the rod is disconnected in the middle.
The number of splines on the end of the rod is different for each model. Therefore, when choosing a nozzle, pay attention to this.
Principle of operation
The principle of operation of the trimmer with the weeding attachment is as follows. The transmission of torque from the engine to the hitch is carried out by means of a shaft arranged in the rod. The knives penetrate the soil, pulling the weeds along with the root system out of the soil. The weeds themselves remain on the surface.
Types of construction
The design of such a device, as a rule, is equipped with one or two pairs of cutting parts. They are attached to the trimmer instead of the gearbox at the bottom of the boom or near the motor. the lawn mower works by burning liquid fuel.
Types of structures:
- Cultivator. It is considered the most popular attachment. Its advantage is the simultaneous weeding and loosening of the soil. The cultivator consists of disc elements that are put on one axle.
- Three- or two-bladed knife. It is used for cutting weeds. Represents a metal plate with two or three pointed blades along the edges.
- Trimmer head with line. Designed for cutting weeds. Processes aisles. For work, two types of fishing line are used: circular section and faceted.
Choose the right attachment for your device. Too heavy options will overheat the engine.
The best models and for them
How to use a beard trimmer: instructions. Instructions
How to cut a beard with a trimmer raises many questions for men who have never worked with a trimmer. There is nothing complicated in this process. if you get the hang of treating the zones with a machine, you can forget about going to the barbershop.
- The trimmer without attachment is well suited for edging around the neck. Shave the lower border with particular care. usually no type of beard needs vegetation in this area.
- Determination of the length of the beard. Install the required attachment, press it firmly against the area to be treated. If the bristles are short, they can be removed against hair growth by pulling the skin in the opposite direction. If the beard is long, then you need to remove the excess from top to bottom, smoothly moving the trimmer.
All movements must be slow and smooth. otherwise the machine will not have time to cut the hairs.
- Outline the side contour on the cheeks, the direction towards the ear. To do this, you can remove the attachment and work with only the blade. To make the device easier to pass through hard-to-reach places, gently pull the skin with your hand. The device can be placed both on the entire plane of the knife, and only on its edges.
- Top and bottom mustache styling. To do this, use the trimmer in any convenient direction, giving the vegetation the necessary shape. If the antennae are not needed, just shave them off completely.
- Shave the bristles parallel to the chin lines, pulling the skin in the opposite direction.
These rules of how to trim the beard with a trimmer allow you to create a neat beard and mustache shape at home. This allows you to get rid of the need to regularly visit the barbershop: with a good device, you can handle all the nuances on your own.
There are also several rules on how to properly shave your beard with a trimmer until your skin is completely smooth.
Some models are equipped with wet shaving capability. You can use them as a regular machine. just apply foam or shaving gel, and then start treating the zones.
- First, trim the beard with regular scissors. so the device can quickly grab and trim excess hairs.
- Apply shaving product, lather well.
- Choose the optimal trimmer setting and start cutting your hair.
For perfectly smooth skin, remove the attachment and work with the blade only before using the trimmer. Press on the skin gently.
After finishing work, rinse the clipper well under running water to get rid of excess hairs and residues of shaving products.
Philips BT9297 / 15 is a trimmer, the functionality of which has incorporated all the latest developments.
The small 0.2 mm pitch allows you to select the most accurate hair length. Range. from 0.4 to 7 mm, which makes it possible to work with a beard of any length and thickness.
The case is completely waterproof, the attachments can be washed after use under running water.
One of the main features of the model is the presence of a laser pointer.
This innovative feature makes it possible to achieve perfect symmetry. The set includes two attachments: for the basic haircut and for creating clear contours.
The double-sharpened blades provide first-class sharpness. When fully charged in one hour, continuous operation can be achieved for 80 minutes.
An external LED display shows the selected hair length. Charge is indicated by three highlighted bars.
Lift systemTrim evenly lifts hairs in the direction of travel of the clipper, so you can achieve an even haircut and a good trim.
Trimmers are more than just machines designed to trim and shorten facial hair. A set of additional functions allows the device to adapt well to the requirements of the owner.
- Vacuum system for collecting cut hair.
This is a good opportunity to keep your bathroom perfectly clean. All shaved hairs go into a special reservoir, which is easy to clean after manipulating the bristles. The function allows you to trim vegetation in any clothing. it will not get dirty from cut hair.
- Laser guidance.
This additional functionality allows you to achieve symmetry. A laser pointer with a thin beam will indicate in which direction the trimmer should be guided. This makes it easier to contour and shape the beard.
- Voltage adjustment.
This is an essential feature for those who travel frequently. It allows you to use the device in any conditions. from 100 W to 240 W. The trimmer will automatically adapt to the conditions of the electrical voltage and provide full work.
The device saves the last selected cutting length. During the next use, it is enough to select it again, and not set the parameters again.
The built-in light lets you spot even the finest hairs while shaving. They can be eliminated immediately if necessary.
- Wet haircut.
Some devices can be used in the shower. they are waterproof.
Additional features make using beard and mustache clippers even more comfortable and efficient.
Shaving with trimmers is a huge time-saver, providing both perfectly smooth skin and variable length stubble. The kit includes several attachments for different results.
Some models have only one nozzle, but thanks to the special adjuster, you can adjust to any suitable length.
- For beard or mustache only. This highly targeted technique comes complete with accessories designed to care for facial hair. Special attachments allow you to change the length of the hairs, provide a close shave.
- For ears and nose. To keep the appearance neat and attractive, men should regularly remove excess hair. Scissors are not good for the nose and ears. there is a risk of damage. Special trimmers with small heads for gentle hair removal.
- For cutting hair on the head. Some manufacturers (Rowenta, Wahl) offer multifunctional devices that are suitable not only for facial care. The set includes special attachments for creating different hairstyles.
Narrow-beam devices do a better job of their primary function. Options for a beard and mustache allow you to achieve a neat shape, make edging, easily remove excess hair.
- Durable body material;
- Number of attachments. The more, the better. it will be possible to give the vegetation any kind;
- Handle shape. The convenience of the device in the hand contributes to the ease of the procedure;
- Blade material. Modern models are additionally coated with a titanium layer. this ensures long-term use and constant sharpness.
It is better to choose a model that can work both from the network and autonomously. This is convenient if you have long business trips and trips. Trimmers charge quickly, some have express charging for several minutes of continuous use.
Machines with powerful motors perform well in work. this is an important factor when buying.
The trimmer set includes several different attachments. by changing them, you can achieve the optimal length of facial hair. A few mm pitch allows you to select the desired head for different types of beard and mustache.
Some models are equipped with only one attachment. a special wheel and a retainer are designed to adjust the length of the hairs.
- 1-10 mm. These attachments are used for working with stubble and trimming the beard. they provide the optimal length, cut hair well.
- 11-20 mm. If the set of the machine includes such attachments, then they are intended for cutting hair on the head.
- Shave without attachments. Many trimmers are equipped with this feature. it is necessary to create precise contours or shave everything to a smooth finish.
The smallest pitch allows you to adjust the hair length in the most precise way.
Caring for the device
In order for the trimmer to last as long as possible, it needs to be fully cared for. Careful attention to the clipper will keep the blades sharp and maintain full functionality.
- Clean the blades thoroughly after each use.
Usually, a small brush is included to clean the cut-off hairs from the attachments. It eliminates even the shortest stubble that would interfere with further work.
- Wash the blades, if allowed.
Many devices are highly resistant to moisture, so the blades can be washed under running water after use. If the instructions say that this cannot be done, the blades can only be cleaned with a special brush.
- Remove the head.
To do this, there is a small lever or button on the front panel. If the design does not provide for such maintenance, you should not apply too much physical effort. there is a risk of breaking the device.
- Remove tiny hairs.
Any stuck hair can lead not only to deterioration of the device’s performance, but also to failure. If cut bristles have accumulated in an inaccessible place, they can be removed with a cotton swab.
- Rinse the attachments regularly.
After each use, the nozzle must be washed in a mild soapy solution and then allowed to dry completely.
For the trimmer to work for several years without interruption, it must be lubricated. The kit includes a small bottle of oil specially designed for this. Apply a small drop of lubricant to the blade, turn on the device for about half a minute. this is necessary for the oil to be evenly distributed. Carefully remove excess with a napkin.
Do not allow the grease to solidify in the mechanism. this will lead to breakage.
There are models that do not need lubrication. details are always stated in the operating instructions.
The trimmer is a functional device that makes trimming and shaving easier. It is very simple to use it. the result will be no worse than after visiting a barbershop. Regular maintenance will extend the life of the trimmer.
How to install muffler tips?
The muffler attachment, or rather the exhaust pipe, is used for decorative purposes and serves as an excellent element of car styling. Nozzles come in a variety of shapes: oval, round, rectangular, multifaceted, double or single outlet, and other model options. Typically, car exhaust tips are made from polished stainless steel.
What happens when you install the muffler head on your car? Instead of a banal exhaust pipe, an aesthetic nozzle will be visible from the outside, which will significantly improve the appearance.
Attachments come in different shapes, but they can serve:
- For purely aesthetic decorative purposes;
- For styling, and with the ability to change the sound of the engine in the direction of increasing low (sports) frequencies;
- For styling and turbine sound emulation.
There are options for nozzles with an integrated removable whistle, in such options you will be able to choose whether to ride simply with a nozzle or with a nozzle that changes the sound of your engine.
How to install a nozzle on an exhaust pipe?
Muffler attachment installation is very simple. The scope of delivery of the attachment usually includes a fastening element. In fact, you simply screw the tailpipe to the exhaust pipe with a few bolts. Installation time of the nozzle takes 1-2 minutes.
If you are afraid that your attachment screwed in this way may fall off during driving and from vibrations, then you can grab it by welding. If you weld the nozzle, then if you want to remove it, you will have significantly more work to dismantle it.
Muffler tip selection
To choose a muffler nozzle, two rules should be followed. (This does not take into account the aesthetic side, since everyone chooses the option that he likes best).
- Firstly: the purchased muffler nozzle must fit the exhaust pipe of your car in diameter. Before buying a nozzle, be sure to consult with the seller for the correspondence of the nozzle to your brand and model of car;
- Secondly: you must be fully aware that the size of the nozzle may require you to modify the rear bumper of the car in the area of the exhaust pipe. This will increase the cost of installing a special design and unsuitable size. True, such attachments most often look prettier.
There are options for attachments that do not require modification of the rear bumper and easily fit in the underbody space. Sometimes a special thermal protective cover is installed between the bumper and the nozzle. It is placed in cases where the nozzle is too close to the rear bumper.
In general, before choosing a muffler nozzle, take care of whether it can easily fit with the rear bumper. If not, then get ready for the appropriate improvements.
How to make a trimmer attachment with your own hands
We offer the option of self-production of the trimmer head from simple, almost improvised, tools.
For many summer residents, the trimmer has long become a familiar and almost irreplaceable technique. But it is not always possible to purchase a model that meets all needs. It happens that the trimmer copes with fresh young vegetation easily, but there is a desire to clear a place behind the fence or along the access road, and the tall ripened grass turns out to be too tough for the technique.
We offer the option of self-manufacturing trimmer attachments from simple, almost improvised, tools. You will need a metal perforated plate (100mm x 240mm), two hacksaw blades for metal, 4 screws and 4 M5 nuts, 4 washers and 4 enlarged washers. From a safety point of view, hacksaw blades should not be completely hardened.
Everything you need to make a nozzle
The most difficult thing in making a nozzle is to symmetrically mark and make holes for the knives and the trimmer shaft. That is why a finished perforated plate is chosen.
First you need to make the base of the nozzle. To do this, cut a square with a side of 100 mm from a metal plate of an angle grinder. You need to mark it so that there is a hole exactly in the center (at the intersection of the diagonals). To do this, measure a distance of 50 mm from the center of the selected hole perpendicular to the short side of the plate and outline the cutting line for cutting.
We mark the base of the nozzle
Cut off the excess and get a square of 100 mm x 100 mm. Now you need to round off the corners a little and drill out the central hole for the trimmer shaft.
Round off the corners and drill the center hole for the trimmer shaft
We cut the canvases for metal, measuring 8 cm from each end.We get four blanks with ready-made holes.
We cut canvases for metal
These blanks need to be shaped like knives. To do this, we outline the cut line by eye (special accuracy is not required), fasten all four blanks together and grind off the excess.
Cut out knives from blanks
As a result, we get knives of the same weight and size, they can be sharpened a little on one side. Now all parts of the homemade trimmer attachment are prepared, you can start assembling.
Everything is ready for assembly
We put a small washer on the screw and insert it into the corner hole. We put on the knife from above, placing the sharpened side in the direction of rotation of the trimmer shaft. This is followed by a large washer and a nut that is not tightened so that the knife rotates freely. In the same way, we attach the other three knives.
Fixing the knives
The end of the screw must be riveted so that the nut does not fly off.
The end of the screw must be riveted
The attachment is ready. It is installed with nuts to the ground and fixed in the same way as the three-blade knife that comes with the trimmer. When colliding with a stone, the knives fold and go inside a little.
This idea was suggested by our regular author Tatiana (Tula region). You can see in more detail the whole process of making such a trimmer attachment and you can find out some of the nuances by watching the that she prepared.
When working with a trimmer, it is important not to forget about safety precautions, using any attachments, especially homemade ones. Published by econet.Ru
Did you like the article? Write your opinion in the comments.
Subscribe to our FB:
Design and mounting options
The cultivator attachment comes in two versions:
- Disc, the cutting bodies of which are a pair of cutting discs;
- Toothed, which is a series of cutters sequentially located on the shaft.
The fundamental difference lies only in the design of the loosening unit. Disc nozzles are stiffer and therefore suitable for working on heavier soils, while toothed nozzles have a lower dead weight, but are designed for work on lighter soil.
The transfer of torque from the trimmer motor to the cultivator attachment is carried out using a special shaft, which is arranged in a special bar (it will have to be purchased separately). This unit is not interchangeable, and differs in the number of splines on the end of the rod: there can be seven or nine of them. Therefore, when considering purchasing a cultivator attachment, you need to understand that an Oleo-Mac attachment will not work with a Husqvarna trimmer, as well as vice versa.
The spline method of connecting discs or cutters to the shaft allows free movement of the cutting bodies, which is ideal for cultivation, since it allows the soil to be loosened with a sufficiently wide grip (up to 200. 250 mm per pass), without requiring a large amplitude of movement of the rod. The restrictions on the density of the beds located on the site are also removed. With the lengthening of the beds, the convenience of working with the nozzle in question increases, since the turns will have to be done much less often.
Features of the nozzle
Any attachment-cultivator for a trimmer significantly increases the weight of the entire device as an assembly (at least 5. 6 kg). Therefore, not everyone can work with such a tool for a long time. In the calculation, it is also necessary to introduce mechanical limitations on the power of the trimmer drive. If the engine is designed for a power of no more than 1500 W, then the cultivator can only process regularly loosened soil, or limit it to hilling breasts, potato bushes, etc.
Since the drive of the petrol trimmers is located behind the worker, and the drive rod is quite long, vibrations constantly occur during the cultivation process. Their size is determined by both the length of the rod and the changing load on the discs or cutters. These vibrations are transmitted through the shoulder strap to the user’s hands, so it is not always convenient to operate the trimmer button and hold the canopy over a rather capacious unit. Therefore, long-term cultivation of the soil using a cultivator attachment is unsafe for health.
But not everything is so bad: the mobility of the petrol trimmer makes it easy to cultivate the soil between rows, and the absence of wheels on the mounted cultivator does not damage the plants in the beds.
The cultivator attachment “does not like” caked soil, and upon first penetration into such soil, the bar is thrown back sharply. Therefore, disc cultivators are equipped with a safety guard (tine cutters are more likely to bend than break, although in this case a low protective guard on the side of the legs would not hurt). The presence of a protective screen impairs the visibility of the cultivator.
Trimmer cultivator attachment. Should I buy?
By purchasing a gasoline trimmer, the owners of country houses and summer cottages get a fairly powerful and autonomous tool for various agricultural work. over, manufacturers often offer a variety of attachments for them. hedge trimmers, deadwood choppers, blowers. Today we will talk in detail about the cultivator attachment for the trimmer.
Is it worth making your own cultivator attachment?
The price factor has a noticeable effect on the choice: whether to purchase such a nozzle, or make it yourself. High-quality cultivator attachments for the trimmer can be purchased at a price of 11,000… 20,000 rubles, which is justified only for large volumes of work. The purchase of such a unit is also inappropriate in cases where the cultivated soil is heavy (for example, black soil or loam): the cultivator does not raise the soil, but only moves clods of earth from one place to another, moreover, together with the roots of torn weeds or grass.
The technology of caring for vegetation will also change: first, with a knife attachment, it is worth walking through the beds, cutting off the grass, and only then use the cultivator attachment.
Having made the decision to make your own cultivator attachment for the trimmer, you should first evaluate the following:
- The design of the outlet section of the boom: if it is a flexible shaft, then you have to forget about the cultivator: it will not withstand the constantly changing amplitude of torque. The cardan transmission is more functional, and the most successful design is a multi-splined rod, moreover, a straight, not curved.
- Drive power: if it is less than 1000 W, then the motor will overheat and the cultivation performance will drop dramatically.
- Fuel tank capacity: energy consumption will increase significantly, since the cultivator attachment will have to be made from scrap materials. Therefore, the tank must hold at least 1 liter of fuel.
- Handle design. Ergonomics experts believe that the most comfortable is the T-handle, which provides the most accurate and secure guidance. It is difficult to hold a petrol trimmer with a cultivator attachment, which is common in some models, with a J-shaped handle.
If the existing trimmer meets the listed requirements, and its owner has sufficient experience in performing such work, then it is quite possible to make a disk nozzle with your own hands. As for the gear-type nozzles, their independent production is very laborious and will not provide the desired quality.
According to the principle of their action, conical hedgehogs for a tiller are similar to rotary ones. But, unlike rotary ones, three metal discs are replaced by a lattice metal cone, on the lattices of which metal pins are also welded. It should be noted that weeding the beds using cone hedgehogs is the least laborious method of weeding.
In addition to the aforementioned tiller attachments, there are others to watch out for.
How to weed potatoes with a trimmer
There are various methods of weeding potatoes, from traditional hand weeding to machine weeding. Each of them has its pros and cons, and experienced specialists say that the best effect is obtained if these methods are used in combination. The main tools with which you can weed potatoes include a trimmer (lawn mower), a hoe.
A trimmer is a lawn mower that is powered by electricity or burning fuel (gasoline, diesel). As a cutting tool used fishing line, plastic or metal knives, cutters. The advantage of the trimmer is the speed of weeding the potatoes, which cannot be achieved with manual weeding. At the same time, you cannot spud potatoes with lawn mowers alone.
The trimmer is used primarily by fans of organic farming. They believe that it is impossible to huddle or loosen the soil too often, and even more so. to pick up cut plants from the garden, since nutrients that they managed to get from the soil are taken along with them. In contrast, organic farming advocates believe that weeds cut with a trimmer should be left in the garden. At the same time, they perform the following functions:
- They act as mulch, do not allow the next weeds to grow for a long time and retain moisture;
- Attract worms and microorganisms that convert weeds into nutrients, thereby fertilizing the soil.
Trimmer weeding should be done when the weeds are still small and can be easily cut with a knife. At the same time, it is important to follow these weeding rules:
- You should work in a respirator and goggles, since when the trimmer is working, dust is formed, and small stones fly around;
- You cannot work when other people are in front of the trimmer;
- The trimmer knife can be deepened into the ground no more than 1-1.5 cm;
- You can work with a trimmer when the first shoots of potatoes have emerged, otherwise there is a risk of cutting them off;
- If the trimmer is low-powered, take a break every 10-15 minutes to let the engine cool down;
- At the end of the season, the knives and working surfaces of the trimmer must be treated with fungicides, as there is a risk that pathogens of potato diseases remain on them.
How to weed with a hoe
A hoe is a more traditional hand-held weeding tool that is a hybrid of a hoe and a shovel. The advantage of the hoe is that it can be used not only for weeding, but also for hilling potatoes. The disadvantage is that working with a hoe requires significant physical effort and processing time.
When weeding with a hoe, it is important to follow these rules:
- Before work, you should check the health of the blade, the reliability of its attachment to the handle;
- It is better to work with gloves, as calluses are quickly rubbed;
- Weeding should be combined with hilling bushes;
- The technique of strikes is important. the sharp edge of the hoe immediately enters the ground, then this action continues with a cutting movement towards itself;
- Weed and huddle so as not to turn out the moist soil layers;
- Weeds are best left in the ridges of the beds;
- The beds should not be sharp, it is better to leave a groove in the middle into which rainwater will collect, thereby additionally feeding the bushes.
Potato weeding machines
It cannot be argued that there is a perfect weeding mechanism for potatoes that would satisfy the needs of any farmer. Therefore, in order to choose the right mechanism for weeding potatoes, it is important to know about the existing mechanisms and about the cases in which this or that mechanism or nozzle is used for it. Below you can find out how to weed potatoes using a tiller.
Rotary hedgehogs are a nozzle, on each side of which there are three metal discs of different diameters. from a disk of a larger diameter inside the nozzle to a disk of a smaller diameter outside. There are metal pins along the edges of the disc. This nozzle is suitable for almost any type of tiller, perfectly fluffs and weeds beds from 50 to 70 cm wide.
On the next one you can learn how to weed potatoes with hedgehogs.
How to quickly weed potatoes
In any case, weeding potatoes will take some effort and time. At the same time, there are methods that allow you to do this faster, while weeding with an ordinary hoe is the slowest way.
First of all, it is important to remember that it is better to shed the soil 2-3 days before weeding, since it will be harder to weed into dry soil. At the same time, you should not flood the area so that dirt will hold for several days. this will not only delay weeding, but can negatively affect plant health.
Of the hand tools, faster weeding will be provided by flat cutters like “Swift”, “Gardener”, which can be additionally equipped with star-shaped wheels to facilitate movement. Weeding is carried out by forward movements from oneself, deepening the tool blade by 2-3 cm.
From power tools, a trimmer or tiller will provide quick weeding. As mentioned above, the trimmer can only weed, but not huddle the beds. At the same time, a V-shaped nozzle can be installed on the tiller, which will ensure cutting of high-quality combs in the potato beds.
Method of growing potatoes without weeding
Particularly radical adherents of green farming argue that potatoes are not worth weeding at all without damage to the future harvest. over, this method was invented in the 19th century and is actively used by some agronomists. Weed control is also present in this method, but it has a different form.
For growing potatoes without weeding, the soil is prepared in the fall. To do this, it should be cleared of weeds in advance, dug or plowed, but without loosening, so that the soil breathes better. After that, humus is mixed with ash, urea, nitrogen and potassium fertilizers into the soil, which are destructive for Colorado beetles and other pests. Above the area is covered with a thick layer of straw.
During the fall-winter, the straw will crumb over, preventing pests and weeds from entering the soil, forming a layer of natural mulch. Sprouted potatoes are planted without removing this mulch, fertilizing the holes with pre-prepared humus.
After sprouting, a layer of mulch prevents the appearance of weeds, maintains a favorable temperature regime of the soil and retains moisture.
Thus, weeding potatoes is an integral part of potato cultivation techniques, although there are cultivation methods that do not involve weeding. There are also many devices for weeding potatoes. from traditional manual to mechanized ones. Undoubtedly, the use of modern mechanized tools greatly facilitates and speeds up the process of weeding potatoes.
DIY potato weeding tools
Recently, it has been quite difficult to find quality factory tools at an inexpensive price, which forces farmers and gardeners to make weeding tools with their own hands. At the same time, the tools are metal, so it will be difficult to make them without using a welding machine and welding skills.
So, for hand weeding, homemade products like a flat cutter are very popular. The working tool is a sharpened square frame, in front of which a hedgehog-style nozzle is attached, which facilitates the movement of the tool during weeding. The finished attachment is attached to the wooden attachment. This product is easy to make yourself using a welding machine, as well as existing metal fragments and factory samples of tools that have become unusable.
To make a device that can do both weeding and hilling of potatoes at the same time, you can take the frame of an old bicycle, leaving one wheel on it. On the other hand, a V-shaped plow attachment should be attached to the base of the frame.