How to remove marks from an angle grinder on tiles
Xakep # 208. Attack on the signaling
How to turn off this mess? In Windows 7. right-click on the “Start” button, select “Properties” and in the window that appears, uncheck both checkboxes in the “Privacy” section.
Disable storage of the list of recent programs in Windows 7
To clear the list of recent locations and documents, you need to delete the contents of the% appdata% \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Recent directory. To do this, open a command prompt and run two commands:
It also doesn’t hurt to delete the contents of the% appdata% \ microsoft \ windows \ recent \ automaticdestinations \ directory. It contains the latest files that appear in the jump list:
Further, these lines will be useful to us when we write our own script to clean the system from traces of our stay in it.
To clear recent files automatically on exit, you need to enable the “Clear the log of recently opened documents on exit” policy, which is located under “User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar”.
Now let’s move on to Windows 10. You can turn off the list of recently added and frequently used applications through the “Options” window. Open it and go to the “Personalization” section, the “Start” item. Disconnect whatever is there.
Disable program list storage in Windows 10
It seems that the problem has been solved, but alas, this is not entirely true. If you enable these parameters again, then all lists with the same composition will appear again. Therefore, you will have to disable this feature through Group Policy. Open gpedit.msc and go to User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar. Include the following policies:
- “Clearing the list of recently used programs for new users”;
- “Clear the log of recently opened documents on exit”;
- “Clear tile notification log on exit”;
- “Delete the list of programs pinned to the Start menu”.
Clearing recent places in Windows 10 is easier than in the “seven”. Open Explorer, go to the “View” tab and click the “Options” button. In the window that appears, turn off the options “Show recently used files on the Quick Access Toolbar” and “Show frequently used folders on the Quick Access Toolbar.” Don’t forget to press the “Clear” button.
Windows 10 folder options
As you can see, a simple task like clearing the last objects has a rather tricky solution. Without editing group policies. nowhere.
Clearing Flash Cookies
All and sundry are watching you. Even Flash keeps track of your visits. Flash Cookies are collected in the% appdata% \ Macromedia \ Flash Player # SharedObjects directory. What to do with him, you already guessed. send to such and such a mother. These two lines are useful for scripting this process:
Real file deletion
We all know that deleting a file is not actually erased. Only the record about it is deleted, and the data itself still continues to exist somewhere on the disk. Therefore, to completely delete information, you need to use special utilities that overwrite the free disk space with zeros or random data. After that, files cannot be restored. In the previous steps, we already deleted a lot of things, so it’s time to wipe the free space so that nothing at all can be restored.
There are many utilities for erasing information. But we will use what we already have, namely CCleaner. Go to “Tools → Erase Disks”, select the drive that you want to clean up from incomplete files, indicate to erase “Only free space” and set the erasing method. The application supports several erasure standards. from the simplest one, which implies one rewrite, to the Gutmann method (35 passes).
Erasing free space
CCleaner’s competitors are interesting, for example, the BCWipe program. it can not only erase free space, but also delete the paging file, which may also contain confidential information. BCWipe costs money, but the trial version is also suitable for a one-time erase.
Clearing lists of recent places and programs
Let’s start by cleaning up recent locations and programs. The list of recent (in Windows 10. frequently used) programs is in the main menu, and the list of recent places is in Explorer.
- 1. Clearing lists of recent places and programs
- 2. Clearing the list of USB drives
- 3. Clearing cache and browser history
- 4. Delete DNS records
- 5. Clearing Flash Cookies
- 6. Removing the list of recent Microsoft Office documents
- 7. We automate cleaning using special software
- 8. Real file deletion
- 9. Create a bat-file to clean everything
- 10. Create an AutoHotkey script to clean everything
Lists of open files and USB devices, browser history, DNS cache. all this helps to find out what the user was doing. We have compiled step-by-step instructions on how to remove traces of your activities in different versions of Windows, Office and popular browsers. At the end of the article, you will find several scripts to help you automatically keep your machine clean.
We sweep the traces. How to make Windows delete history, logs, caches and forget everything
Removing DNS records
You can find out which sites you visited not only from your browser history, but also from the DNS cache. When you enter a website address in your browser, your computer consults the DNS to convert the website name into an IP address. The cache of the previously received names is stored locally. You can view it using the ipconfig / displaydns command. I will not show the output, it is too long. To clear this cache, another command is used. ipconfig / flushdns.
How to clean cement from paving slabs
Cement stains are slightly harder to remove than other stains. For this, special washes are produced based on acid and cement solvents. The wash is applied to the area with the hardened cement mortar and left to dry completely. An acidic agent will help the stain to peel off. It is permissible to clean the contaminated area immediately after applying the product with a metal brush.
When traces of cement are impressive in size, then you can use a more aggressive agent. hydrochloric acid. It is diluted with water in proportion, according to the instructions on the package, and applied to the cement stains. In this case, you should also wait until the area is completely dry and scrape off the cement. If after the first time you did not see a positive result, then the procedure is repeated until the acid completely dissolves the cement.
When using any of the acids, be sure to wear a protective suit, goggles, respirator and rubber gloves!
How to remove Ceramic & Stone Tiles quick and easy!
How to clean paint from paving slabs
Methods for removing paint from paving slabs differ depending on the type of paint itself:
- oil-based paint can be removed well with acetone or a solvent such as White Spirit;
- water-based paints can be removed with plain warm water.
When the stains are already old and deeply embedded in the structure of the tile, then you can use chlorine-based bleach, or dilute the chlorine in water, and then treat the area.
How to wash oil from paving slabs
If the oil stains are fresh, immediately sprinkle a thin, even layer of baking soda on them, moisten a little with a spray bottle and leave for 20-30 minutes. Then pick up with a vacuum cleaner or broom. This is usually enough to get rid of greasy stains.
If the stains are old, deeply ingrained and had time to “creep away”, then it will be a little harder to remove them. To do this, you will need special means to remove oil, bituminous and other heavy contaminants. How to use?
- apply the product to the stain;
- rub with a hard brush;
- wait 1-3 minutes;
- wash off with plenty of water.
How to wash paving slabs from greasy stains
In fact, fat is the same oil, so all the methods described above can be used to remove this type of dirt. But sometimes grease can have little effect on the tiles, so it can be easily removed with any dishwashing detergent marked “Anti-grease”.
Remove cement, paint stains on tile by using grinder, velcro disc, sanding paper
In some cases, when the fat has been deeply absorbed, a more radical method can be used:
- mix 1 cup of gypsum with 10 ml of liquid soap:
- stir the solution until a gruel forms;
- apply the mass in an even layer on the stain;
- leave to dry completely;
- clean with a medium-hard bristle brush;
- rinse with water.
How to clean paving slabs from various contaminants
During the operation of a path or a platform on the paving slabs, sooner or later, various pollution appears that spoil the appearance of the local area. Some of them are quite difficult to remove, and some do not require huge efforts and investment of time. You can use different products and methods to remove cement, oil, paint, white streaks and other stains from paving slabs.
Efflorescence on paving slabs. how to remove
In a more accessible language, efflorescence is a white coating that forms on the tile due to the release of salts and sulfates.
To remove efflorescence, you can use several methods:
- Dilute a bottle of ammonia in 2 liters of water and treat the track or platform. In this case, given the pungent pungent smell of ammonia, it is imperative to use rubber gloves and a respirator.
- Dilute about 30-40 ml of vinegar in a bucket of water and add a little liquid soap there. Clean all soiled areas where there are white streaks and rinse the coating with clean water.
How to clean the paving slabs from dirt
Perhaps everyone has come across the washing of paving slabs from dirt. Since the material is, in fact, used outdoors, traces of cars, shoes, sand, natural precipitation often appear on it. To keep paving slabs clean, they need to be washed from time to time, even if visually they look quite clean. This should be done not only for reasons of aesthetic perception. The fact is that small contaminants that are not conspicuous can develop into a more global problem, for example, fungus or mold. And some stains can gradually erode the coating, which will lead to its destruction or crumbling.
To clean the paving slabs from dirt, you can use a variety of tools:
- dishwashing detergent;
- laundry soap solution;
- powder for washing;
- cleaning products;
- special compounds for cleaning paving slabs.
Home remedies for glue remover
You can also remove the remnants of tile glue at home using citric acid, vinegar, chlorine, baking soda or a weak solution of hydrochloric acid.
- Chlorine is recommended for use in rooms with high humidity, as it effectively copes with mold. In order to remove the tile adhesive and clean the surface, an aqueous solution of chlorine must be sprayed onto the tile surface. After a short period of time, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the treated areas with a damp sponge.
- Regular baking soda will do the trick on the ceramic coating. It is enough to apply it on a highly moistened sponge and thoroughly wipe the tiles.
- Using a citric acid solution, you can spot hardening.
- The method of treating the hardened residues of the solution with a Coca-Cola drink has become very popular. The composition of this liquid allows you to easily clean porcelain, tiles, ceramic tiles. Coca-Cola is good at eroding dried stains of various adhesive solutions.
After using any chemistry, the tiles must be thoroughly rinsed with water.
It is often necessary to reuse old cladding material. Such work requires accuracy and attention, it is important not to damage the removed tile when removing the old solution.
When you need to remove old adhesive from a tile, you can use an angle grinder.
Before starting work, it is recommended to carry out some preparatory measures:
- cover the surfaces in the room with a protective film;
- take care of special clothing, gloves, respirator, goggles;
- prepare the necessary tool: a hammer, chisel, chisel, drill with attachments, “angle grinder“, a special mixture for removing concrete and cement, warm water and a rag.
You can clean the inside of the tiles in the following way:
- Try to knock down the old dried mortar with a chisel and a hammer. At the same time, caution is needed when applying effort.
- A large amount of old mortar can also be removed using an “angle grinder” with a special attachment.
- Place the tiles in a special liquid to dissolve the hardened residues.
- Finally, the tiles are brushed and rinsed thoroughly. It is possible that the old tile will still serve.
The main thing when cleaning is to choose the right products, taking into account the characteristics of ceramic tiles and adhesive mixtures.
Removing the hardened glue
Removing completely dry, hardened glue is not an easy task. There are several ways for this, which, according to the method of exposure, can be conditionally divided into chemical and mechanical.
In the chemical method, special acid-containing agents are used for cleaning, for example, “Keranet” or “AtlasSzop”. These substances are able to remove not only the remnants of glue or grout, but also more severe dirt, as well as traces of adhesive tape and rust.
The sequence of actions on how to remove tile adhesive using chemicals is as follows:
- clean the tiles from dust;
- apply the product to the contaminated area with a brush or sponge;
- after the time indicated in the instructions for the preparation, remove the softened glue with a spatula;
- rinse off the product with residual dirt with clean water.
Note! Best results can be obtained when using a solvent from the same manufacturer as the adhesive used. Therefore, in order to choose the best tool, you need to know the type and brand of glue.
The chemical method does not always give the desired result and is not applicable everywhere. For example, how to remove tile adhesive from the wall when the old tile is dismantled from it? In this case, the mechanical method is suitable, that is, forceful action with the use of various tools. Let’s consider its use in various cases.
When you need to remove old adhesive from a wall or floor, you can do this with a hammer and chisel, or with an angle grinder with an abrasive disc.
In the first case, the technique for removing tile adhesive is as follows:
- attach the sharpened edge of the chisel to the border of the glue with the wall;
- with frequent, but gentle blows, gradually moving the chisel forward, chipping off pieces of mortar from the base,
- moisten the remaining glue with a solvent for concrete, withstand the required time and remove with a stiff brush;
- rinse the wall with water.
Instead of a chisel, you can use a chisel.
The use of an angle grinder or drill is a less laborious way to remove tile adhesive than described above, but you need to be prepared that there will be a lot of dust during work. You will need a special abrasive disc or metal crown. The adhesive should be removed in small layers, occasionally spraying the surface with water from a spray bottle. The traces of the solution remaining on the base are cleaned with coarse sandpaper.
Caution this method can spoil the surface of the tiles.
If the cured adhesive needs to be removed from the tile, you can use a plastic or hard rubber trowel. To do this, it is placed on glue strictly at an angle of 90 degrees and the dried layer is gradually knocked down. It is not advisable to use a metal tool, as there is a risk of damaging the tile surface.
Secrets of removing fresh solution
In the process of work, it is advisable to observe the maximum accuracy, avoiding surface contamination. But still, it is almost impossible to completely avoid the ingress of glue on the outside. Its excess will show through in the tile joints when the elements are installed in the plane. Wall cladding is performed from bottom to top, which means that drops may well fall on the underlying rows, and even when laying the floor covering, it is impossible to insure against this.
If the repair is done on your own, you can easily fix the problem quickly, since it is much easier to clean the tile from the glue, which has not yet had time to harden, than to do it after a day. To do this, in the course of work, perform the following manipulations:
- Fix the tile element and check the correct installation in the horizontal and vertical planes.
- Without pressing, go around its perimeter with a rubber spatula, removing the glue that has come out.
- If drops get on the tiles, rinse with a spatula and remove them, taking care not to disturb the installation.
- Wipe the remaining solution with a damp cloth, then wipe the tiles dry to prevent streaks.
If in the process of work the tile is accidentally installed crookedly or too deeply, this is not a problem. It is enough to pry it off, clean the tile from the inside of the glue with a spatula, reapply the solution on the wall and re-glue the element.
Unscrupulous craftsmen often ignore these rules, as they slow down the progress of work. It is necessary to simultaneously cover a smaller area of the wall with glue so that it does not have time to grab while the tiler wipes the tile. In addition, adhesives have a limited period of use, and the entire batch must be worked out within 1-2 hours, which means that you will have to deal with the preparation of the solution more often. Such acceleration has disastrous consequences, because then the owners face the problem of how to clean the tiles from the old solution, and it is much more difficult to solve.
For tiling work, different mixtures and solutions are used.
- Homemade mortars are made from cement, sand, and water. The main thing here is the correct proportions. In case of excess sand, the glue is not very strong. It is easy to wipe off the tile from such a solution.
- Ready-made cement mixtures contain additives and plasticizers, on which the difficulty of removing their dried residues depends.
- Polymer pastes or substances harden quickly due to the acrylic content. To remove the hardened particles of such mixtures, a special solvent will be required.
- Epoxy mortars are based on resins that provide a secure hold. This mixture dries slowly, but hardened residues are difficult to remove. This will require chemicals and solvents.
Leaving dried stains on the ceramic surface is unacceptable, they will ruin the appearance of the tile.
How to clean tiles from old glue with improvised means
If you are unlucky and you find dirt on the walls or floor after the workers leave, you will have to remove them yourself. The sooner you start work, the easier it will be. Fast-drying adhesives gain final strength in 2-3 days, and standard adhesives. within a week. It is better to hurry, since after this period it will be possible to clean the tiles from tile glue only with the use of aggressive chemicals.
Rags and a spatula are no longer enough, so be patient, abrasive tools and get down to business. You will have to act sequentially, performing the following steps:
- Softening. You can try to soak ordinary cement mortar with clean cold water. Tile adhesives, especially polymer types, are more susceptible to weak acids and solvents. From a spray bottle, moisten the stain with vinegar, lemon juice, glass cleaner or plumbing cleaner.
- Mechanical removal. When the stain is slightly soaked and saturated with moisture, its upper layers become friable and more susceptible to mechanical stress. Rub the mortar with sandpaper, pumice stone, a metal dish brush, or a trowel, being careful not to scratch the tiles. If we are talking about small drops, it is fashionable to use a manicure file, but it will not work to clean the tile from the solution over a large area.
- Re-softening. When it becomes difficult to work, you should not apply physical strength. Moisten the solution again, let it soak and proceed to mechanical cleaning of the next layer. Repeat the manipulations until the contamination is flush with the tiles.
- Flushing. Now is the time to act more gently to clean the tiles of the old mortar without damaging them, so abrasive tools are no longer useful. Moisten the stain again and scrub with a brush or dishwashing sponge. Well-proven melamine sponges, which eliminate the need for chemical solvents.
Even if a drop of dried solution seems to be lying on the surface, do not try to pick up and splinter it off. The adhesive composition is firmly connected to the surface, and there is every chance that it will break off along with a piece of tile.
How to clean tile adhesive for reinstallation?
Practical and thrifty owners will always find where to use the dismantled tiles. Most often, she finds refuge in the country or in courtyard buildings. But before proceeding with the cladding, it is necessary to clean the tile from the old solution from the inside out. Otherwise, it will be extremely difficult to align the tiles.
As a rule, there is an uneven layer of strong mortar on the back side. Its thickness reaches a centimeter, and it is so easy to clean the old tile from the solution and use it again. You will have to tinker with the following steps:
- Soak the old solution. The tile should be immersed in cold water for several days to make the glue as pliable as possible. Keep in mind that hot water cannot be used, as it enhances the effect of the plasticizers in the adhesive mix.
- Mechanically clean old tiles from tile adhesive. An angle grinder with a sanding disc, a construction float or an ordinary block covered with sandpaper will help you with this.
- Residual solution can be easily removed by soaking it with acid. To do this, moisten a sponge or a piece of foam rubber in hydrochloric acid, put it on the wrong side of the tile and leave it that way for a couple of days. Check periodically to see if the sponge is dry and wet it again if necessary. After that, it will be enough to rinse the tiles in water, not forgetting to wear protective gloves.
It can be difficult to remove glue from tiles, especially dried ones. But if such a task has already been set, now you know exactly how to do it as simply as possible. The reward for the work will be an impeccable type of repair or the opportunity to give a second life to an already used tile.
Second life: how to clean old grout from ceramic tiles
Ceramic cladding is a dirty and dusty job. The glue invariably stains the surface, and when it comes to dismantling and reusing tiles, the old solution covers the entire back side. It is quite possible to remove these contaminants, and today the “TilePol” magazine will tell you how to clean the tile from the glue of varying degrees of aging, while preserving its decorative qualities.
Removing incompletely dried glue
Once the tiles have been laid, traces of glue and grout, which have not yet fully hardened, can be removed in stages, first by dry cleaning and then rinsing the surface with warm water. For this:
- The contaminated area is treated with a special construction float. During cleaning, the tool must be kept strictly vertical to the tile surface, making diagonal movements so as not to damage the filling in the joints. No effort should be made. The adhesive contains hard elements that can scratch the glazed coating.
- If the glue does not rub off well, it can be saturated with water to make it more pliable.
- When the glue is completely dry, wash it off with warm water using a sponge.
Note! If, after using this method, remove the adhesive from the tile, plaque remains, you can remove it by wiping the tile with a hard dry cloth, for example, an old towel or burlap.
Diagnostics of the causes of chips on floor tiles
Tile chipping can occur for a variety of reasons, some of which are
- Impact of a hard object. No matter how strong the tile is, even a slight effect on it with a material with a higher density can lead to chipping off of pieces. This could be if you accidentally hit the tile with a hammer during repair work, or if you drop a metal bucket by accidentally tripping over it.
- Poor styling. When gluing a tile, a prerequisite is the absence of voids under it. Some unscrupulous craftsmen, for reasons of economy or due to bad faith, do not apply the adhesive mixture on the entire surface of the facing tile, as a result of which voids are formed. Even a slight load on them can lead to pieces breaking off.
- Exposure to heavy load. Any tile has its own strength grade. One is designed to withstand multi-ton loads, the other can crumble under the pressure of a chair leg with a person sitting on it.
- Weak base of the main floor. There are still houses with wooden floors. Under the weight of the decorative coating of such a floor, and even with a significant mass of other equipment, such as a washing machine or a washstand with a toilet bowl, a slight, but still sufficient, for peeling and destruction of the tiled flooring, wood subsidence can occur.
The easiest way
Repair of chips on tiles
Before removing the chip, you need to determine the cause of its appearance and eliminate it. After all, no matter how high-quality the repair is, the crack may appear again. For a high-quality diagnosis of the reasons, you need to know what is the basis under the tile, how it was laid, etc. Otherwise, you can find out by disassembling at least a fragment of the coverage. This should be done if there are frequent and significant traces of destruction of the coating. Often the reason is known to the owner, and it requires only local intervention. There are not many ways to repair a chip on a tile.
How to remove a chip on a tile
Facing tiles are a fairly durable and unpretentious finishing material that became popular many decades ago. However, sometimes the owners of tile coverings, especially floor coverings, find a chip on the corners of the cladding or, even worse, completely burst tile elements. Before you start to eliminate the consequences, you need to understand the reasons for their occurrence.
What is this article about
Correct repair method
If the damage to the elements of the tile cladding is very noticeable, then it is best to remove the completely cracked fragment and the tile itself from which it broke off. There are two ways to go here.
- If there is exactly such a sheet of coating, then with a chisel and a hammer, you can safely cut out the damaged element without worrying about its safety.
- If there is no such fragment of tile, then you need to act extremely carefully. To do this, you need to remove all the grout around the repaired area with a special tool called a scraper. With the help of a medium hammer and a chisel or other thin and durable tool, light blows are applied around the damaged element instead. This procedure is performed several times before the start of breaking off the damaged fragments. It is worth doing this when there is a loosening of pieces of broken tiles. If, after removing the grout and several trial blows at the seams, the separation does not start, then you should stop the procedure and limit yourself to sealing all cracks with grout.
If the damaged fragments have broken off from the glue mixture, then after removing them, you need to cut out a small layer on the floor with a chisel and hammer. Its thickness should make it possible to lay the removed fragments so that they subsequently appear in the same plane with the rest of the floor surface. Before cutting the mortar, it will be advisable, if possible, to make cuts of the future recess using an angle grinder. This will allow you to make the excavation neat and not harm the integrity of the elements of the tiled covering adjacent to the repaired area.
How to remove scratches and scuffs from tiles
Of course, it is impossible to completely get rid of scratches on a tile. They can only be disguised. You need to do this in several available ways.
The paste can be replaced with the finest fraction of sand or even tile dry glue.
How to remove scratches on tiles
During use, abrasions and scratches may appear on the tiles. Sometimes they are not noticeable at all and can only be seen when cleaning surfaces. Nevertheless, various, even minor, defects always cause inconvenience. The best option to restore the aesthetics of the coating is to replace the damaged tile area with a new one. However, this is not always possible, since not everyone leaves a supply of new coverage. To remove scuffs and scratches from tiles, you can resort to some effective methods.
If the tile is monochromatic, then there is a more radical way to eliminate visible, significant defects. First, a deep scratch is treated with alabaster or plaster, and paint is applied on top to match the coating.
The disadvantage of this method is that it is sometimes very difficult to pick up paint to match the tiles. In addition, this method is not suitable for tiles with patterns, color transitions.
If the defects are practically invisible and represent a net of the finest scratches, then most likely these are the so-called “Circassians”. You can remove them using household chemicals based on aggressive substances. For example, it can be well-known Domestos, Dressing Duck or Comet.
Apply a small amount of the selected product to the damaged area and leave for no more than 10-15 minutes. It is important that the composition does not dry out. Next, you need to take a brush with a hard bristle and polish the area.
Apply wax to a microfiber cloth, then use it to wipe off any scratched tiles. Allow the wax to harden completely. about 45-50 minutes. Next, you need to take a piece of wool fabric and polish the damaged surface. This method will not only significantly reduce the visibility of any irregularities and abrasions, but also give the tiles additional shine.
Tips & Tricks
To prevent scratches and abrasions on the tile, it is important to properly care for it and not expose the coating to rough impact:
- When cleaning tiles, use only soft materials. The use of metal scrapers sooner or later can lead not only to scratches, but also to chips.
- When choosing detergents, it is better to give preference to liquid detergents that do not contain solid particles in the composition, since they can also leave behind defects.
- Do not move furniture over tile flooring. Use special attachments for the legs or, if the furniture is not heavy, it is better to move it without touching the floor.