How to replace the line for the trimmer in the grass trimmer reel
How to wind the line for the trimmer on the trimmer for grass
To wind the line for the trimmer on a gasoline or electric trimmer for grass, you do not need to have any special skills. To begin with, it is important to decide on a suitable consumable, and then choose the best way. Tucking the line for the trimmer into the spool of the device can be done in two different ways.
The main element of the trimmer is the mowing head, which is a cylindrical body with a spool (bobbin) inserted inside. The line for the trimmer (cord) is tucked into it. The heads differ from each other in the way they feed and thread the filament. There are a total of three types of heads:
- Automatic. The line is fed after the user has reduced the engine speed. Automatic filament feeding is very convenient when a large amount of work needs to be done. The disadvantage of this head is the high consumption of thread.
- Semi-automatic. Using such a head does not require the user to perform any complicated manipulation. The way it works is that the line for the trimmer begins to extend automatically while the grass trimmer is running at full speed. You need only slightly knock the head of the device on the ground (this will remove the locking line), and the cord due to the centrifugal force will be put forward from the bobbin. Then the line for the trimmer is cut to the required length with a knife, which is located on the protective cover.
- Manual. To extend the cord, you must stop the machine. After that, the line for the trimmer will need to pull out manually.
In order for the threading of the line in the trimmer head to be successful, it is important not to miscalculate with the choice of consumables. The thicker the cord you tuck in, the thicker and tougher the grass it can cut. A universal trimmer line with a diameter of 2 mm is often used. You can find the right diameter for your mower in the following ways:
- Check the instruction manual that came with your trimmer for information on line thickness.
- Pay attention to the bobbin itself. Sometimes it is marked with information about the possible line diameters.
- Another option is to try inserting a cord into the outlet. If it fits through without difficulty, then the chosen diameter of the line is suitable.
You can choose the cord according to the type of engine. If the line for the trimmer is too thick, the resistance to rotation will increase. the motor will then overheat greatly and will soon fail. Helpful recommendations:
- For an electric mower with a 500 V or less motor, a 1.3 mm cord is fine. If you can’t find one, you can use a 1.6 mm line for the trimmer. If more than 1 kW, choose a 2 mm cord.
- With a gasoline grass trimmer, it is the shaft mower that matters. For the bent version, 2 mm cord is often used. If the shaft is straight, install a 2.4-2.5 or 3 mm thread. The thickest line for the trimmer is installed on powerful devices. from 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of cross-section of the cord as well. Some popular options:
- The most common lines are those with a circular cross section. They cut fresh grasses well, but do not handle bushes and dead wood as well.
- Twisted (spiral-shaped) cord is not very strong, but not bad for thin young grass.
- A serrated cord with sharp edges is ideal for large weeds in a neglected area.
- Rectangular, star-shaped or square grass trimmer line can mow the lawn more evenly, but they are not very durable.
- The strongest. two-component cord with inner core and round section.
Please note that using wire, metal strings and ropes, as well as ordinary fishing line instead of a fishing line is not allowed. The device will be dangerous for both the user and others. So the rope or similar products will gradually begin to trigger, causing their ends to unravel and the small pieces to fly off at high speed.
How to replace a trimmer line on a trimmer?
Replacing the grass trimmer line with step-by-step instructions will allow even an inexperienced in such matters lawnmower owner to perform quite a complex job.
However, before you begin work on replacing the fishing line on your trimmer, you need to ensure the safety of the work. In particular, measures should be taken to prevent the mower from being switched on carelessly or unintentionally:
- do not start the lawnmower by itself,
- remove the battery (if used),
- place the tool in a comfortable working position.
Work on the replacement of the grass trimmer line is convenient to perform when the mower is lying on the table, and the master, who performs the grass trimmer line replacement, has the opportunity to approach to the tool from any side.
Grass trimmer head cover removal
The first stage of disassembly involves removing the grass trimmer head cover. By the example of “Black and Decker” trimmer models and others, to remove the cover it is usually enough to apply some force to unclip the locking pawl, which are located on the side of the head.
On some models of lawnmowers initially provides for the dismantling of the grass trimmer head, for which a hexagon wrench included in the tool kit is used. The head is normally held in place by two or three screws that are accessible through the side holes in the back cover.
the cover of the head, where the line spool is mounted, is usually held in place by a clip-on lug. All you need to do is to press the ratchet catch and twist the cover a little, after which the cover is easily taken off While pressing the ratchet catch, you need to slightly twist and lift the cover of the grass trimmer head to remove the filament reel.
Step two: Removing the reel (spool) with the fishing line
The next step in the process is to remove the winding drum with fishing line from the inner area of the head. Turn the head with the head open so you can see the trimmer line and spool. On the side of the head find two recesses (eyelets), through which the line for the trimmer is brought out.
The line for the trimmer should be released from the holes by turning the drum. Then carefully remove the reel from the head area. Some models have the reel mounted on a spring. This point must be taken into account when performing the extraction operation.
Procedure for removing the grass trimmer reel with fishing line from the inner area of the head: 1. head complete with reel; 2. extraction carefully with a small axial turn; 3. extracted parts The old trimmer line is completely removed from the reel. To remove the old line from the grass trimmer, you must remove the line from the hinges and pull the free end of the line. This method removes all old spool. The same process is repeated on the second reel section. It is recommended that the technician wear gloves when working.
Types of trimmer heads
Grass cutter head is a cylindrical body, which is inserted spool (bobbin) with a filled in the line (cord). This design can be installed on both gasoline and electric trimmers. There are three types of heads, depending on how the filament is inserted and fed.
- Automatic. The filament is fed after the user has reduced the engine speed. Although automatic line feed is convenient if you perform large amounts of work, but such bobbins have one drawback. high consumption of thread.
- Semi-automatic. This type of head does not require the user to. The principle of their work is arranged so that the cord is lengthened automatically while the machine works at full speed. Enough to slightly knock the head trimmer for grass on the ground (this removes the cord lock), and the line for the trimmer thanks to the centrifugal force is extended from the bobbin, after which it is cut to the required length by the knife, located on the protective cover.
- Manual. To extend the cord, it is necessary to stop the machine, after which the line for the trimmer is pulled by hand.
Based on the above, semi-automatic bobbins are the best option. It should also be taken into account that grass trimmer spools can be single-stranded (used only for grass trimming) and double-stranded, which are used for mowing tall grass and small, with thin stems of bushes.
How to remove the reel from the grass trimmer and remove the line for the trimmer
Initially, before you tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer spool, you must remove it from there. The spool or lead is a device that is located inside the mowing head, reel or drum. There are different kinds of heads (depending on the manufacturer), but the principle of changing the line on the spool is the same for all. The first thing to understand is how to remove the head from the tool, as well as how to get the reel of fishing line out of it.
This is interesting!Replacing the tooling can be done directly on the tool, but if doing it for the first time, it is still recommended to remove the head, and learn the detailed process of winding. After you have mastered the technique, you can do the replacement work on the trimmer or gasoline cutter. The instructions on how to unwind a manual head on a trimmer are as follows:
Turn the tool upside down with the head up, and if necessary clean it of dirt. Grasp with two fingers of one hand the cover latches (on the mowing head), which are located symmetrically to each other. After gently pressing them in, remove the protective cover from the drum
This process is not difficult, and as you understand, there is no need to dismantle the entire head, if you know how to perform the replacement. Keep in mind the following points during disassembly:
- It is advisable to remove the head periodically to prevent corrosion of the threaded joint. If you have never unscrewed a screw, it can be difficult or even impossible to remove it, if need be
- If a screw has a square drive head, a screwdriver or suitable bit must be used to remove it in order to prevent the facets on the drive head from sticking
- When reassembling the unit, the threaded seat should be treated with a lubricant, such as solidol or machine oil
- If the facets on the screw have slipped off, you can use special clamping pliers to unscrew it
- There are reels that do not require disassembly beforehand. To remove them, take hold of it, and rotate it in the opposite direction of the clockwise direction
Knowing how to disassemble the reel, you should continue to figure out the process of replacing the grass trimmer line. The video below shows a detailed process of how to open the grass trimmer reel and disassemble it.
Performing line winding
Unhurriedly completed disassembling of the bobbin-spool without losing its parts allows you to proceed to the main task. reeling in the fishing line. Technological features of the bobbin’s construction and the number of working eyes determine the sequence of actions.
Reel with one operating rod
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of actions:
- The size of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of line for winding. 25 m.
- One end of the fishing line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the bobbin.
- the line for the trimmer is wound on the reel in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the trimmer product. as a rule, on the inside of the reel an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small section of fishing line is left free for its exit. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin in working condition.
- The leftover end of the line is passed through the hole in the outer part of the bobbin.
- The halves of the bobbin are assembled and put on the trimmer’s boom.
Reel with two operating tendrils
In this type of bobbins, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line lying on the inside of the spool:
For both cases a 2-3 m trimmer line is taken. In single-strand spools, the line for the trimmer is pulled through the through hole, its ends (tendrils) are folded together and aligned, then winded in the opposite direction of rotation of the bobbin on the rod. an arrow inside usually indicates the correct winding direction. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are threaded into them or held by the fingers of your free hand, threaded through the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is closed and attached to the trimmer’s boom.
The difference in the winding of the fishing line in dual-channel spools is that initially a piece of line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the loop of the fold is inserted into a special groove between the grooves. Both line tendrils are wound on their own groove, fixing the tendrils and reel assembly is similar to the above version with one groove.
Performing this procedure for the first time may seem lengthy and quite time-consuming, but with time and experience this task will be much faster and easier.
The video below will clearly show how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer reel and wind it correctly. this operation is not anything complicated and with some patience is sure to succeed:
Characteristic malfunctions and troubleshooting
Naturally, the owners of trimmers face certain mowing head failures in the process of operation. Most of the time, they are associated with certain difficulties in pulling (lengthening) the cutting filament out of the reel. The most common causes for a lack of line feed are line “bite” between coils or line sticking.
If the line does not feed
In this case the defect is caused by incorrect winding of the cutting filament. the line for the trimmer may be wound with insufficient tension, which causes the coils to cross over each other and the line to become tangled. When the reel is rotated, the cutting filament is drawn in by the centrifugal force produced, which in turn causes the free end of the line to be caught between the coils. To correct this problem, you must remove the spool, disassemble it and rewind the line so that the turns lie in even rows, tightly pressed against each other.
If the strings are sticking together
The line coils may stick together directly in the mowing head:
Advice! To avoid the adhesion of the cord inside the mowing head, experts recommend applying a thin layer of silicone grease on its surface after filling the string in the spool. It is also better not to use lines for trimmers from unknown manufacturers.
If the user still could not avoid the sticking of the fishing line, then to repair the grass trimmer reel should be removed and the existing cord should be replaced with a better one.
If the number of lines is too high
When using semi-automatic line cutter heads, you may experience faster consumption of the line because the line is lengthening by itself. This is usually caused by a slackening of the spring inside the reel. You can solve the problem by putting some washers under the spring.
If the spool does not spin
Failure of the semi-automatic grass trimmer reel can also be caused by frequent collision of its head with hard objects (dry branches, soil, rocks, etc.).). In this situation the line is slightly stretched and then quickly pulled inside the take-up reel. Due to the strong friction, the cord gets hot, which can lead to the sticking of its coils with each other. The line must be rewound to remedy the defect.
If the line feeds in spontaneously
Unintentional lengthening of the line with subsequent cutting off of the line ends may be caused by improper assembly of the head after changing the cutting filament. Inexperienced users often forget to install the garter spring inside the head, causing the line feed mechanism to trip prematurely.
Disassembling the mowing head
Proceeding to the repair of the grass trimmer head, the owner needs to protect himself from injury if the engine is accidentally started, for which it is imperative to completely de-energize the electric garden tool or to shut down the engine of the brushcutter. often than not, the owner of the grass trimmer is faced with the need to replace the cutting cord. This is done after the head has been removed from the shaft. Do this with care to avoid damaging the head.
Important! Gear shaft, which the grass trimmer is equipped with, has a left-hand thread on the end, so the mowing head is unscrewed clockwise when removing.
Dismantle the spool in the following order:
- After aligning the holes on the axle and the washer, fix the mower shaft firmly using a screwdriver or a metal bar;
- unscrew the actuator by turning its housing in a clockwise direction.
After taking the mowing head off proceed to its disassembly by carefully opening the cover, which is often fixed with plastic clips. to do this, press the edge of the cover and at the same time push the latch into the housing.
Attention! If the grass trimmer is equipped with a semi-automatic head with a button at the bottom, then open it with extreme caution. when you remove the cover may fly out and lose the clamping spring.
Charging the string into the bobbin
To charge the trimmer line correctly, you need to act according to the instruction manual supplied with the trimmer. As a rule, carry out this operation as follows:
At this point, charging the mowing head with cord can be considered complete. The spool is screwed on the shaft of the grass trimmer, previously fixing it firmly. How to do this is described above. To check the performance of the head, you can mow a small patch of lawn.
Tip! In cases where the owner of the grass trimmer prefers to replace the failed head with a new one, experts recommend avoiding the purchase of cheap non-original coils, brought from China.
How does the line head work on the brushcutter why do you need to know the principle of operation
Depending on the manufacturer, the heads differ structurally not only externally, but also internally. Most reels have a compression spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is the instruction on how to disassemble the grass trimmer head without the spring, t.е. on the manual type head. The principle of dismantling a semi-automatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the above instructions.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic grass trimmer reel is as follows:
- Inside the head is a spool, which is mounted on splines to prevent free movement
- The spool is acted upon by a spring, which presses it against the slits in the cover structure
- A line for the trimmer is wound on the lead, the length of which depends on the tool itself. Usually this length is 1 to 4 meters
- During work, if it is necessary to increase the length of the fishing line, the protruding part of the drum is pressed, by which it is out of mesh with the splines. The trimmer line winds up from the reel, increasing in length
- Once the necessary amount of line has been fed out, release the spring and continue mowing
Features of trimmers application
the grass trimmer that cuts the grass with a fishing line can be used near: houses and other buildings, fences and hedges, trees and bushes, beds and flowerbeds, rows in the garden.
Such a convenient, and most importantly, effective device as a trimmer for grass, there are several variations:
As is clear from the names, the types of grass trimmers differ markedly from one another. But regardless of the type of this tool, its cutting element may be a line for the trimmer. Of course, the grass trimmer fishing line tucked into the grass trimmer reel is not endless. And sooner or later it will be necessary to replace it with a new one.
Consumption of fishing line directly depends on the frequency of use of the device and the scale of the work performed. The more grass you cut and the more often it is trimmed with the grass trimmer, the more the trimmer line is used. And consequently, the sooner it runs out. In this connection, the question arises: how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer reel?
Not everyone knows the answer to this question. And after all, the winding of fishing line on the spool plays an important role in the work of the grass trimmer. In order for the device to function properly, it is very important to properly wind the new fishing line for the trimmer on the spool. On how to change the line for the trimmer on the trimmer, and will be discussed in this article.
What line to choose for a trimmer?
Before you stock up on this material to put in your grass trimmer, you need to decide on a choice of. After all, ordinary so-called round line for trimmer is not the only kind of line that exists. How to choose the most suitable one?? First you need to determine the working conditions.
Choosing by type. The line for the trimmer with a round section is the most common. It will fit any reel with very few exceptions. This type of material is suitable for cutting fresh, lush grass. But it can no longer cope with mowing the so-called dead wood. There is no point in even mentioning attempts to mow bushes with this line.
In addition to the usual type, there are others with sharp edges. They are usually “starred” or “square. The presence of sharp edges is the main feature and the key difference of these threads.
It is thanks to this feature, the threads of these types are able to mow dry weeds. But sharp-edged threads are not without disadvantages, the main of which can be called a rapid wear and tear and strength, which is noticeably inferior to the round type.
In addition to the already mentioned types of fishing line, there are other interesting and frequently encountered varieties. Particularly noteworthy among them are fishing lines, inside of which there is a metal wire. Threads of this type are often used in tools that run on gasoline and have an engine with more than one and a half horsepower.
Threads with a metal core are available both with a circular section and with sharp edges. Regardless of the cross section type, such threads are perfectly suited to overcoming hard-to-mow plants. Filaments of this type can easily cut not only dry grass, but even small bushes.
Filaments with wire inside compare favorably to other types of consumables by their incredible durability. But unfortunately, this feature has more than a noticeable impact on the price of this type. The cost of filaments with a core is much higher than the cost of other types of filaments.
Choosing by thickness
You should also pay special attention to the thickness of the material. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter in the range of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the thread, the drier and rougher the weeds it can handle.
There is a “but” when choosing a line thickness. It is important not only to evaluate the material’s capabilities, but also to consider the features of the grass trimmer. It is necessary to look into the user’s manual that comes with the tool, and find information about the requirements for the cutting element.
Using the wrong filament can lead to tool failure. Using too much string will overload the engine of the device. And using too thin a thread will increase wear and tear on the cutting mechanism many times over.
That’s why you should select the correct filament as responsibly as you do for your weed trimmer. When a suitable line for the trimmer is found and purchased, you can begin to consider how to wind it on the spool.
How the filament head works on your brushcutter: why do you need to know how it works?
Depending on the manufacturer, heads differ structurally not only externally but also internally. Most reels have a compression spring inside (semi-automatic and automatic). Above is the instruction on how to disassemble the grass trimmer head without the spring, t.е. On the head of the manual type. The principle of dismounting a semiautomatic head with a spring inside is almost identical to the above instruction.
The principle of operation of the semi-automatic grass trimmer reel is as follows:
- Inside the head is the coil, which is mounted on slits preventing its free movement
- The coil is actuated by a spring, which presses it to the slits in the structure of the cover
- On the lead is wound a line for the trimmer, the length of which depends on the tool itself. This length is usually between 1 and 4 meters
- If you need to increase the length of the line during operation, the spur part of the reel is pressed down so that it doesn’t mesh with the splines. At the same time the line for trimmer is coiled from the drum, increasing in length
- Having released the necessary amount of fishing line, you should release the hold-down, and continue to perform work on mowing the grass
The advantage of a tool with a fishing line is that this consumable does not require sharpening as much as a metal blade. In addition, if a stone or wood gets in the way, the line for the trimmer simply comes off, without negatively affecting the gearbox and engine of the tool, as it happens in the case of metal cutting discs.
Knowing the construction and device of the types of mowing or trimmer heads, it is necessary to proceed to consider the process of filling the fishing line into the grass trimmer reel. After all, this is the point at which most owners of special tools cause difficulties.
Block: 4/8 | Number of characters: 1782
Winding a line on a grass trimmer
Careful and orderly removal of the bobbin from the reel of the grass trimmer allows you to proceed directly to the winding of the fishing line. The design features of the head, the number and location of fixing holes dictate the sequence of actions in performing this operation, as well as determine the methods used. Today there are several varieties of spools, depending on the number of line tendrils and methods of threading:
Grass trimmer reel with one tendril
Many owners and experts note the ease of operation and refueling of the bobbin with one whisker. Depending on the manufacturer, the length of the tucked line can range from 2 to 5 meters. In the head, the end of the fishing line is inserted into a special technological groove or hole, and winding is performed in the opposite direction to the working rotation of the bobbin. Most spools have arrow marks on the outside of the housing, which indicate the direction of travel of the grass trimmer reel.
After winding you need to leave the free end 15-30 cm to increase the centrifugal force, which is decisive for the extraction of trim line in automatic and semi-automatic spools. We put the left end through the working hole of the spool and assemble the head.
Trimmer head with two tendrils
After taking the bobbin out of the spool body, we determine the number of thread winding spools (1 or 2). There is no fundamental difference between single-groove and double-groove spools, but there are operating problems with careless spooling into a twin-groove. Because of the possibility of intertwining of the neighboring lines of the tool, it may be impossible to take out new lines after the working arms have worn out.
Regardless of the number of threads for threading, we take a trimmer line of length from 1.5 to 3 meters. Reeling must be done in the opposite direction to the rotation of the head, because reeling in the direction of rotation will cause the line for the trimmer not to come out of the bobbin. After the line for the trimmer is tucked into the grass trimmer spool, the loose ends (15-30 cm) are threaded into the special holes. Then we reassemble the head in the reverse order of disassembly and check its functionality. Do not worry if the ends of the two tendrils are very different in size, because when you start the grass trimmer, the blade installed on the protection will cut the excess.
Grass trimmer head with automatic line threading
Some models on the market have a spool with an automatic winding mechanism. The owner only needs to correctly tuck and secure the ends in the head, and the winding operation is performed by the tool itself when it is put into operating mode. Incorrect winding of lines for trimmer in the trimmer for grass with such a head is almost impossible, as the spool itself determines the position of the tendrils. The advantages of the automatic grass trimmer head include the ease of filling the line, while the disadvantages are the frequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the complexity of the design and the high cost.
Block: 3/3 | Number of characters: 3075
Working with equipment such as a grass trimmer requires caution and care. The safety precautions during work are mandatory for beginners and experienced craftsmen alike. It can happen that confident mowers let their guard down, make irreparable mistakes and suffer serious injury. That is why it is important to
- Secure the reel cover with all catches.
- Never wrap more line than necessary: it’s hard to unwind later.
- After refilling the reel, be sure to check the tool’s operation before mowing.
- Choose quality material which is suitable for the trimmer.
Do not attempt to mow through coarse grass with thick stems using a fishing line. There are steel discs for this. Wear protective clothing only. Wear safety glasses and proper footwear.
Rewind the line
Slowly completing the disassembly of the bobbin spool without losing any of its parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the fishing line into the spool. Technological features of the bobbin design and number of working eyes determine the sequence of operations.
Reel with one working strand
The simplest option and the easiest sequence of actions:
- Bobbin size and length of the original factory bobbin winding determine recommended line length for winding. 25 m.
- One end of line is inserted into the fixing technological hole located inside the bobbin.
- The line for the trimmer is wound on the reel in the opposite direction to the bobbin’s rotation on the trimmer’s product. as a rule an arrow on the inner side of the reel points in what direction the line is wound.
- A small section of line is left free for its withdrawal outside. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin in working condition.
- The leftover end of the line runs through the opening on the outside of the bobbin.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and placed on the trimmer bar.
Reel with two working tendrils
In this type of bobbins, you should determine the number of grooves for winding the line lying on the inside of the spool:
For both cases, take a line for the trimmer with a length of 2-3 m. In single reels the line for the trimmer is pulled through the through hole, its ends (tendrils) are folded together and aligned, then reeled in the opposite direction of rotation of the reel on the boom. inside the arrow usually indicates the correct reeling direction. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are pulled into them or held by fingers of free hand, put into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, bobbin is closed and attached to the rod of the trimmer product.
The difference in the winding of the fishing line in dual-channel spools is that initially a piece of line 2-5 m long is folded in half (to determine the middle bend), and the loop of the bend is inserted in a special groove between the grooves. Both line tendrils are wound each in their own groove, fixing the tendrils and reassembling the spool is similar to the above variant with one groove.
Doing this for the first time may seem lengthy and rather laborious, but with time and experience this task will become quicker and easier.
The video below will clearly show you how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer spool and properly wind it. this operation is nothing complicated and with some patience is sure to succeed:
After the cutting thread has worn out as a result of the operation, turn off the mower and remove the cover on the mowing head. Pull the fishing line out of the slot by pulling it to the desired length, and reinsert it into the slot. The amount of material wound on the spool is enough for 5-10 cycles of operation, depending on the model of the device. When you will install the cover in place, look carefully to see if the grooves where the clamps are inserted are clogged, if they are, then carefully clean them.
When the line for the trimmer is worn out, you need to disassemble the mowing head again, take out the spool and rewind the working line for the trimmer.
Grass trimmer is the most common unit used to cut grass and cut small bushes. This device features its ease of maintenance, uncomplicated operation during work, and thanks to its low weight even women can cope with it. It’s no secret that high-quality grass mowing requires the right choice of cutting tools. As the latter, trimmers use special cutting attachments (discs, knives) or trimmer heads with a fishing line inside. Accessories and line for the trimmer. it is an expendable tool, but if the knives can be sharpened, then the consumption of fishing line requires its replacement. In this article we will tell you in detail how to change the line for your trimmer.
How to remove the spool and replace the line for the trimmer
Trimmer owners, mostly beginners, get confused, bordering on panic, when it becomes necessary to change the cutting attachment or line for trimmer in the reel. Very often when users try to unscrew the mowing head, they simply cause it to fail, not realizing that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To prevent this from happening if you need to replace the tool, it is advisable to read the step-by-step instructions below.
- Before you tuck the trimmer line into the reel, turn off the brushcutter engine or de-energize the electric grass trimmer to avoid injuries that may occur if you accidentally start the cutting tool’s rotation.
- Unscrew the head attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be secured by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle and inserting a metal bar or screwdriver into them.