How To Set The Ignition On A Lawn Mower
3 ways how to correctly set the ignition on the tiller
tillers are a multifunctional technique, thanks to which work is carried out on cultivation, processing of land, as well as planting a variety of crops. However, a tiller, like any other technique, requires periodic maintenance, repair, and adjustment. In order to increase the life of the engine with such equipment, it is recommended to adjust the valves, as well as adjust the ignition system, in order to avoid breakdowns and malfunctions in the future.
Ignition control thanks to spark
tillers are equipped with a simple ignition system. However, before you start to install and independently adjust the ignition on such equipment, it is recommended to make sure that there is a spark, thanks to which the fuel ignites.
It is not so difficult to independently adjust the ignition system on such a technique equipped with an internal combustion engine as a tiller with a spark, as it might seem to most people at first glance. To do this, it is necessary to turn the crankshaft to such a position that the marks located on the surface of the pulley, as well as the gas structure, coincide with each other. A special slider responsible for the distribution of gas flows should point directly to the high-voltage wire.
Then you need to slightly loosen the nut, which changes the location of the entire structure. Thanks to this nut, the moments of occurrence of the so-called high-voltage pulses are determined in the system. Then, you need to remove the wire, which is located in the system cover (the wire is located in the central part of the cover).
At the next stage of adjustment, it is necessary to place the contacts directly from the motor-cultivator itself at a short distance (about 5 mm) and start the ignition system. Then the mechanical structure responsible for determining the ignition moment is turned strictly clockwise until it reaches a mark with a value of 200.
The structure responsible for the appearance of high-voltage pulses must be carefully turned in the opposite direction. After performing these procedures, a spark should appear between the wire and the mass of the cultivator. Then, to avoid the risk of ignition, you must quickly tighten the breaker nut.
All manipulations associated with setting the ignition on the tiller with a spark must be performed carefully. During work, the mechanical structure must always remain in one position towards the tiller.
Installation of ignition using hearing
People who have good, sensitive hearing can independently set the ignition system, using only sound on any tiller. This method provides for the so-called contactless testing of the spark plugs. To correctly adjust the ignition using only one sound, you must:
- Start device engine.
- Loosen the distributor.
- Without excessive physical exertion, gently, slowly turn the breaker body on both sides.
- Set the structure responsible for the formation of a spark to the maximum power mode with an increased number of revolutions.
After completing all the manipulations, the user should carefully listen to the operation of the device. When the interrupted system rotates, a distinct clicking sound should be heard, which indicates the correct, uninterrupted operation of the device. Then, after the ignition is set, it is necessary to return the distributor nut to its original position.
Using a stroboscope
To independently set the ignition on such a technique as a tiller, you can use a special device called a stroboscope. To do this, you first need to warm up the internal combustion engine and connect this device to the tiller. Then a sensor should be placed on the high voltage cylinder wiring to respond to sound vibrations.
At the next stage of adjusting the ignition system, you need to dismantle the vacuum hose and install a plug on it. The light emitted from the strobe must be directed to the pulley and the internal combustion engine (ICE) is started. It should be noted that while performing this procedure, the device must be idling.
Then you should turn the distributor and fix it as soon as the mark drawn on the pulley coincides with the mark that is on the surface of the tiller cover. After completing all these procedures, the breaker nut is screwed back until it returns to its original position.
The described ignition adjustment methods are suitable for tillers that are equipped with both gasoline and diesel engines. However, it should be noted that during such a setting it is not recommended to dismantle the coils and other elements that make up the tiller’s ignition system.
Tumblr installation and repair
The tumblr, also known as the ignition drive, can have various malfunctions: cracks in the lid, contamination or wetting of the contact, disruption of contact in the power circuit. You can decide how all of them, or just replace the part.
To connect a new part, you will need to check that the roller is installed correctly in the housing. Then, after removing the tambler cover, insert the shank into the valve drive housing on the engine. Turn it until the floating clutch pins align.
Next, tighten the nut securing the distributor shank to the drive housing. Install the cover. Then, insert the high voltage wires from the spark plugs in the order of operation of cylinders 1-3-4-2, taking into account the rotation of the distributor rotor.
The tip of the high-voltage wire from the spark plug of the first cylinder is installed in the terminal socket above the low-voltage terminal in the housing. Next, the wire from the ignition coil is inserted into the center slot of the cover. It remains to connect to the low-voltage terminal the wire coming from the same one on the coil.
Now connect the tube of the vacuum regulator. Installation completed.
To work, you will need tools such as a set of keys and a control lamp.
The procedure for setting the ignition of Moskvich-412 is as follows:
- First, remove the valve cover. Then use the starting handle and turn the crankshaft. Continue until the mark on it aligns with the tip of the pin on the block, also the mark on the sprocket with the mark on the cylinder head.
- Release the latches, remove the tumblr cover. Unscrew the two nuts with the key “10”, lift the tumbler. The slider must be placed opposite the wire of the first cylinder.
- Now put the tumbler back in place and tighten. Start the engine. Using the key “12” you need to loosen the hexagon at the bottom of the distributor. With the engine running, you will need to turn the distributor until you hear the motor running smoothly. This is a method of setting the ignition by ear.
- Also, the adjustment can be carried out through a control lamp. After you align the marks and guide the slider, you need to loosen the distributor mount. One wire of the test lamp must be connected to the low voltage terminal, the other to ground. Switch on the ignition. While holding the slider, turn the breaker until the light comes on, this will be the ignition moment.
In below you will learn how the cam clearance is set (the author of the is Garage in the USSR).
Why expose ignition?
If you set the ignition timing correctly, it will directly affect the dynamics of the car. It will also save fuel. If the ignition is too late, the engine overheats, the working mixture does not completely burn out and this also reduces power.
If the engine is started too early, it can provoke knocking knocks in the engine. This can even burn out valves and pistons.
Do-it-yourself faultless and fast ignition installation on Moskvich
Ignition lock connection diagram
To establish a new ZZ, the scheme of your actions should be as follows:
- Disconnect the ground wire from the battery;
- Set the key to position “0” of the ignition lock;
- Now you need to disconnect the wiring from the terminals of the lock contact device;
- Remove the four bolts securing the lock bracket on the steering column and remove its cover, and then the entire bracket with the lock;
- Now unscrew the 3 screws of the lock fastening from the bracket, then remove the spring washers of the screws and the rubber grommet;
- Using a screwdriver, sink the flat spring and unscrew the lock from the bracket;
- Installation of a new device is carried out in the reverse order.
Verifying correct installation
The most accurate method of checking the ignition setting is to expose through a test on the fly. To do this, you need to accelerate on a flat road to 55-60 km / h, and then give full throttle. Acceleration is carried out in fourth gear. If a knock occurs after a sharp fuel supply, a later ignition must be set. Ensure that only 1-2 light knocks are heard.
Photo gallery “Replacing the ignition lock and its devices”
“How to set the ignition on Moskvich 2140 correctly
This demonstrates how the adjustment is carried out on one of the most popular Moskvich models (the author of the is Maxim Mitin)
Magneto for a tiller. testing at home
Magneto on a tiller is a structurally complex element that is in constant contact with high-voltage wiring and interacts with electricity. Due to the operation of the tiller in damp weather, accidental shock and interruptions in the supply of electrical power, this part gradually fails. It is quite simple to check it for serviceability, but the operator will have to act at his own peril and risk, since the only way to test a part in the field will be very dangerous for the entire ignition system.
To check the tyler’s magneto, you will need:
- On the candle screwed into its regular place, carefully dismantle the cap and insert a small nail instead. The latter must be clean with no signs of corrosion;
- The nail should be installed at a distance of 7 mm from the cylinder wall of the standard cylinder of the tiller’s power unit;
- Start the engine of the agricultural unit;
- Check for spark when starting the engine. It should be bright blue and clearly visible. If it is not, then the magneto is out of order.
If the magneto breaks down, it will need to be replaced. You can do it yourself. Removing the faulty one and installing a new part.
How to check the ignition coil on the tiller?
Most often, this important element of the tiller ignition is checked using a known working test sample. If during testing it turned out that with the installation of the sample everything started working as it should, then the standard tiller ignition coil is faulty.
However, not everyone has a test sample at hand. If it is not there, then you need to try to check the built-in coil in other ways. Before that, you need to exclude any breakdowns that may appear in the start button and high-voltage wiring. In addition, the user should carefully study the electrical circuits. In which the location of the elements of the ignition system is indicated.
Further verification methods include:
- Measuring the resistance of the built-in ignition coil. It should be noted that it is not always used by users of agricultural machinery. First, the operator must know the exact parameters of the resistance created by the standard coil. Secondly, in addition to the inductance coil, the ignition system design includes semiconductor components required to generate the required electrical impulse. Problems with all these elements can only be detected when they are heated. To properly check the ignition coil, you will need to disconnect the cap and the standard armor wire from it. Knowing the exact resistance parameters of the built-in element, the operator will be able to understand which part of the system is faulty;
- Checking the spark created using a special device. it must be connected to the place where the electrical circuit breaks between the high-voltage wires of the standard coil and the candle;
- Testing the coil with a plug built into the structure. for this you need to unscrew the built-in plug and carefully attach it to the cylinder with its body. Then you need to pull the starter handle and pay attention to the spark that forms between the factory plug contacts. It should be noted that this method of checking the existing coil is approximate. in this case the spark plug is not under load, which is why there is no compression in the internal combustion engine cylinder. As a result, the standard engine flywheel will rotate faster.
Each of these methods gives rough information about the condition of the ignition coil. It must be remembered that you can find the exact cause of the part’s malfunction using specialized testers, which are only in specialized workshops.
What to do if there is no spark on the tiller?
If, after the tests carried out, it turned out that the spark was missing. Then the cause of this breakdown must be sought in the main elements of the ignition system of the agricultural unit.
This will require:
- Inspect the candle. you need to turn it out using a special key;
- The spark plug may be completely dry. this indicates that fuel does not enter the engine cylinder, that is, the fuel pipes are clogged or the carburetor is malfunctioning;
- In some cases, the part is wet with gasoline and engine oil. The reasons for this lie in an overabundance of lubricant contained in the fuel, or on its seepage from the engine oil sump directly into the cylinder. In this case, the operator must remove the plug and dry it thoroughly. After that, you need to dry the cylinder, several times intensively pull the starter cable on the engine with the spark plug turned out;
- Less often, due to the lack of correct and timely maintenance of agricultural machinery, a thick continuous layer of carbon deposits and dried resinous deposits forms on the tiller candle. To rebuild the spark plug, gently heat it up with a lighter and rinse off the resin residue with clean gasoline. After that, the part will need to be dried and screwed into place. If this does not help, then the candle needs to be replaced.
It is important to be extremely careful when removing, cleaning and reinstalling the spark plug. Any careless movement can damage the electrodes of the part, due to which it can no longer generate a spark.
Ignition is the mechanism responsible for generating the electrical impulse required by the tiller to ignite the fuel being refueled. The first start and subsequent operation of the agricultural unit engine depends on the health of the ignition system. Like the rest, this mechanism needs regular maintenance and timely repair. this will be the key to stable operation of the internal combustion engine under any weather and operating conditions.
Tiller ignition device
The ignition system belongs to the list of the most important components of both a branded and a homemade tiller. Its main function is to generate a spark, which is needed for ignition and gradual combustion of fuel in the chrome-plated cylinder of the internal combustion engine.
The simplicity of the factory assembly of the unit allows you to carry out your own repair of the tiller ignition. Which, most often, consists in setting a gap between its elements. However, to do this correctly, you need to study the construction of the node.
The ignition device of any agricultural agricultural unit includes a coil, which is initially connected to the electrical power supply of the system, as well as magneto and candles. During the start of the tiller’s power unit, voltage is applied, as a result of which a pronounced spark is formed between the magnetic “shoe” and the standard candle. It is necessary for the instantaneous ignition of the fuel, which is at this moment in the combustion chamber of the engine. The photo will tell you more about the structure of the ignition system of the used tiller.
The electronic ignition system of the tiller is also often equipped with breakers that are automatically triggered when any of the unit malfunctions occurs. This leads to an emergency power outage in the network.
How to set ignition on a tiller?
The following signs will prompt you to urgently adjust the gap in the ignition system:
- The need for frequent unsuccessful pulling of the starter cord;
- Delayed reaction of the tiller engine to manipulations with the starter;
- Complete lack of starting the internal combustion engine of the agricultural unit.
Each of these malfunctions indicates that the operator must install the ignition of the tiller used on the farm. The correct procedure for this can be found in the operating instructions for the existing equipment. However, the operator’s manual is not always at hand. In this case, the gap between the built-in ignition module and the flywheel can be set in the following sequence:
- First, the operator must cover the candle with a special square;
- Then its body will need to be pressed against the head of the standard internal combustion engine cylinder;
- Next, the candle must be turned in the direction opposite from the hole provided in the end of the chrome-plated cylinder;
- After that, it is necessary to carefully rotate the crankshaft of the tiller’s internal combustion engine. for this, it is enough to pull the trigger cord;
- As a result of the actions performed, a bright blue spark should slip between the built-in electrodes. If this does not happen, then it is necessary to check the distance between the magneto and the tiller’s starter. it should be from 0.1 to 0.15 mm. If these requirements do not meet these requirements, the gap between the elements will need to be adjusted.
Many experienced users adjust the ignition of a household tiller by ear. For this, both contact and non-contact magneto are suitable. To configure the system yourself, you must:
- Start the engine and slightly loosen the standard distributor;
- Slowly turn the breaker in each possible direction;
- Achieve maximum speed of the factory engine and quickly secure the structure;
- Listen and find the moment at which a spark instantly appears;
- Turning the breaker, wait for a clear clicking sound;
- Fix the standard distributor fasteners.
In some cases, a stroboscope will help to correctly adjust the available gap.
To configure you need:
- Warm up the power unit of the tiller;
- Connect the device to the power supply network of the agricultural unit;
- Install the sound sensor on the high-voltage wire connected to one of the cylinders of the standard internal combustion engine;
- Carefully remove the vacuum tube and plug it with any available means;
- See where the light from the stroboscope will be directed. it should “look” towards the regular pulley;
- Start the engine and leave it to idle;
- Scroll the distributor;
- As soon as the marks on the built-in pulley match the mark on the cover of the device being used, turn the nut of the factory breaker all the way.
Each of these methods is suitable for adjusting both a gasoline and diesel tiller. The main thing in the self-tuning process is not to remove the coil and other elements of the ignition system. this can lead to a malfunction of the entire unit.
Different branded models produced by well-known brands differ from each other in the design of the built-in ignition system. To know how to properly adjust this important element, we suggest. Which contains the correct procedure for setting up the ignition system on the most common models of tillers.
Prevention and Troubleshooting
To prevent malfunctions in the ignition system, try to follow some simple recommendations:
- Do not work on a walk-behind tractor if the weather is bad outside. rain, dampness, frost, or sudden changes in humidity and temperature conditions are expected;
- If you smell an unpleasant smell of burning plastic, do not turn on the unit;
- Protect important parts of the mechanism from water penetration;
- Replace the spark plugs about once every 90 days, if you actively use the device, this period can and should be shortened;
- The oil used for the engine must be of high quality and suitable for the given model brand, otherwise the spark plug will be constantly filled with fuel;
- Carry out regular inspections of the ignition system, gears, in order to prevent the use of the unit with broken cables and other malfunctions;
- When the motor heats up, try to reduce the load on the device, so you will protect the mechanism from accelerated wear;
- When you are not using the tiller in winter, place it in a dry and rather warm room under lock and key to prevent hypothermia.
How to set and adjust?
If your tiller does not start well, requires a long pull on the starter cord, or the engine responds with a delay, most often you just need to set the ignition correctly. The procedure is described in the instruction manual of the device. But what if you don’t have it at hand and you don’t remember where you put this useful brochure?
Follow the following guidelines.
Close the spark plug with a square, press its body against the cylinder head by turning this element of the ignition system in the opposite direction from the hole in the end of the cylinder. Turn the crankshaft. You can do this by yanking the starter cord. As a result, a bluish spark should slip between the electrodes. If you do not wait for the spark to appear, check the gap between the stater and flywheel magneto. This indicator should be equal to 0.1. 0.15 mm. If the gap does not correspond to the specified value, it needs to be adjusted.
You can try setting the ignition by ear, especially if yours is quite thin. This method is also called contactless. To do this, start the engine, slightly loosen the distributor. Turn the breaker slowly in two directions. At the maximum power and number of revolutions, fix the structure that determines the moment of sparking, listen. You should hear a clicking sound when you turn the breaker. After that, tighten the distributor mount.
Warm up the motor, connect the stroboscope to the power circuit of the motoblock device. Place the sound sensor on the high voltage wire from one of the engine cylinders. Dismantle the vacuum tube and plug it. The direction of the light emitted by the strobe must be towards the pulley. Run the engine idle, turn the distributor. After ensuring that the direction of the pulley mark coincides with the mark on the device cover, fix it. Tighten the breaker nut.
Tiller ignition system
The ignition system is one of the most important components of the tiller mechanism, its purpose is to create a spark, which is necessary for the combustion of fuel. The simplicity of the design of this system allows users to successfully try to repair or adjust it themselves.
Typically, an ignition system consists of a coil connected to the mains supply, a spark plug and a magneto. When voltage is applied between the spark plug and the magnetic shoe, a spark is formed, which ignites the fuel in the engine combustion chamber.
Tiller ignition: characteristics and adjustment
tiller is now a fairly widespread technique. This article tells about the ignition system, how to set it up and what problems may arise during the operation of the device.
What problems can arise?
The main problem is the lack of a spark. Most likely, the reason is in the candle. either carbon deposits have formed on it, or it is faulty. Unscrew it and carefully inspect the electrodes. If there is carbon deposits formed by filling with gasoline, in addition to cleaning the spark plug, it is necessary to check the fuel supply system, there may be leaks there. If there is no spark, you need to clean the spark plug. A good way out is to heat it over the switched on gas burner, scraping the frozen drips of the fuel mixture from its surface.
After cleaning the spark plug, test it for proper functioning. To do this, put a cap on the top of the part and bring it, holding it in one hand, to the tiller motor housing at a distance of about 1 mm. Try to start the engine with your free hand.
If not, check the electrode gap. Try to put a razor blade in there, and if the electrodes grip it tightly, the distance is optimal. If a loose blade is felt, the position of the electrodes must be corrected. To do this, lightly tap the back of the center piece with a screwdriver. When the electrodes are in optimum position, try starting the engine again. If spark does not appear, test the magneto for good.
Possible other problems with the ignition system:
- Weakness or lack of spark;
- Feeling of an unpleasant smell of burnt plastic in the part of the mechanism where the ignition coil is located;
- Cracking sound when starting the engine.
To do this, unscrew the mounting bolts, remove the upper part of the ignition casing. Then unplug the power cord, pry the coil element and pull it out. Carefully inspect the appearance of the part. the presence of black spots indicates that the current did not flow to the candle, but melted the coil winding. This situation is especially relevant for tillers with contactless ignition.
The reason for this malfunction is in poor-quality contacts on the high voltage cable. It is required to strip or completely replace the wires. Devices with an electronic ignition system have an automatic fuse that cuts off the power in the event of a malfunction. If your car has any other ignition system, the cable will have to be disconnected with your own hands. If a spark pierces when turned on, check the tip of the spark plug, most likely it is dirty.
How to adjust the ignition on the tiller, see below.
How to change the oil seal
Another important point that concerns the repair of the tiller is how to change the oil seal on the gearbox.
Therefore, first of all, it is worth studying the theoretical part, namely the details that make up this node.
The gearbox housing consists of two halves. They are stamped from steel and bolted together with a rubber gasket between them to seal and seal. Steel angles are welded to the body, which, in essence, form the supporting frame of the entire device.
Special equipment is often required for all kinds of work in the agricultural and construction sectors. Everything about the universal bulldozer T-130.
Many are accustomed to planting potatoes by hand, but having a tractor or tiller available, you can think about making a potato planter. By clicking on the link you will learn how to make a potato planter with your own hands.
Parallel to the output shaft and perpendicular to the gearbox housing containing the chains and bolts that hold it together. On them, in turn, pins and bolts are installed, the shift lever unit is located. A chain of 46 links leads to it.
The block itself consists of an input shaft, with the help of which gear changes take place. There are also asterisks that are responsible for the first and second gears.
The shift shaft, over time, can cause malfunctions. a weak point in it is the shift cracker, which over time wears out a lot and the tiller works, to put it mildly, unsatisfactorily. Sooner or later, it will have to be replaced, and for this it is necessary to completely dismantle the gearbox.
In order to replace the oil seal on the Luch tiller gearbox, such manipulations are not needed. With sufficient skill and knowledge of the design features, everything can be done without disassembling anything.
- It is enough just to remove the boot and the bushing, the oil seal can be removed with a screwdriver.
- Next, you just need to replace the old oil seal, carefully putting it in place with a hammer, reinstall the bushing and the boot.
- If you have no experience with removing something with a screwdriver and a hammer, in this case it is better to remove and disassemble the gearbox. just remove its case.
Special features of the device
tiller MB 5040 “Luch”, of course, is very far from ideal. Although, all modifications of this tiller are far from him. Many details require modifications, such as a muffler, which its owners change over time to a quieter one. the noise during operation really interferes.
Some small, but very important parts are made of not the strongest materials. duralumin cranks can quickly fail and interrupt field work, which is completely dependent on the tiller. But there are no less positive aspects in the work of this technique.
Its low cost, thanks to which “Luch” and similar Tillery Cayman, Texas, Foreman, Viking, Forza, Sadko outperform more expensive modern technology, immediately attracts attention.
Made in accordance with GOST, these tillers are as strong as steel, because, oddly enough, they are made of steel and are strong enough and of high quality. a small and not the most powerful MB 1, if necessary, can cope with a load weighing up to 900 kilograms.
For more information about tiller MB 1, look at:
The same applies to the cultivation of the land. no matter how “heavy” it is, he will cope with the task, although it will take time. But, getting down to work, the Soviet tiller requires adjustment and minimal maintenance, especially after a long period of inactivity. However, like any technique.
While on modern tillers, the reverse gear is disengaged with the help of a gearbox, which is directly connected to the engine, on “Luch” a belt is used to transmit torque.
The reversing belt is subject to increased wear, and therefore an experienced beam owner always keeps several belts in reserve at once. sometimes it is difficult to obtain them, despite the fact that this tiller is quite common.
In order not to find yourself in a situation where a malfunction has arisen and you cannot use your “Ray” tiller, it is better to keep belts in an amount of at least two pieces of each type. Such thrifty will help you to quickly replace them, even in the field, during work.
In general, a good way to keep all equipment in working order is to have spare consumables for all units. This is especially important if such consumables tend to fail quickly.
The type and thickness of the machine oil are precisely indicated in the operating instructions, which are supplied with the product, but as for the brand of oil, this instruction is outdated long ago.
In addition, a large number of modern engine oils came to replace the not very wide selection of fuels and lubricants of that time, which was the peak of production of Luch tillers. Of course, not all are suitable for use, but there are analogues to what is indicated in the instructions, and they in many ways surpass the recommended.
Full synthetics are not suitable for such an engine, because, due to its inherent fluidity, such oil simply does not linger on the parts sufficiently.
The reason for this is the feature of lubrication mechanisms, using spraying. Changing the oil in the engine is necessary after every 25-30 hours of operation, changing the oil in the gearbox is needed less often, after 50 hours.
Also, it is very important that during the oil change, the tiller should stand strictly horizontally, without tilting. otherwise you may simply not top up the required amount. To find out how much oil is in the Tiller “Luch” gearbox, just look at the instruction manual.
It is necessary to fill in two liters of oil into a completely dry tank, but when replacing, only one and a half.
For the gearbox, in principle, any gear oil is suitable, but the owners recommend TM-4 80W-85. It is relatively inexpensive and mineral, which fully meets the requirements for the performance of oil for the gearbox of this tiller.
How to adjust the carburetor
Another type of adjustment that will need to be carried out is the adjustment of the “Ray” tiller carburetor.
After that, you will notice changes in the tiller’s work, and they will be for the better, since the injection is stabilized.
- Before adjusting the carburetor, you need to carefully tighten two screws. the main jet and the idle jet with great care.
- Then they need to be unscrewed in the opposite direction, about one and a quarter turn.
- Next, you need to start the engine in order for it to warm up. It will reach normal operating temperature in twenty minutes. When this happens, you need to move the throttle lever to the “min” position.
- With the help of the screw, you need to set the most minimal, but stable idle speed. The same action must be repeated for the maximum speed.
- Repeat the setting of the minimum frequency again, which will be stable.
- Then, repeat the setting of the maximum stroke frequency again, thus ensuring uninterrupted stable operation of the entire mechanism.
Despite all the convenience of using equipment similar to the “Luch” tiller, due to its simple design and, as a result, high “survivability”, it needs frequent tuning. This need was the result of the same simplicity of mechanisms that loosen and shift from constant work.
But it is not particularly difficult to “bring to life” the tiller “Luch” MB 1. The carburetor is relatively simple both in adjustment and in repair, and even after a short acquaintance with its design, the repair will not be so difficult.
How to set the ignition correctly
The operation of any device begins with starting the engine and the ignition system must work no worse than a Swiss watch.
Before setting the ignition on the tiller Luch, Don, Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion you need, first of all:
- Check the candles. They are the main reason for the failure of this system. It is also always recommended to have a spare candle with you, in case manipulation, cleaning, does not help. To deal with the candle, you need to turn it out and wipe the electrodes and remove carbon deposits from them.
- Next, you need to set a gap between them.
- Then put the square of the wire on the candle, and press its body firmly against the cylinder, its head, while turning it away from its own hole, which is in the cylinder head.
- It is necessary to turn the crankshaft. This can be dealt with with a starter cord. In a working system, the spark that slips between the electrodes should be light blue. If it is absent, or has a white and yellow color, the system is faulty.
In this case, you can check the gap between the stator and the flywheel magnetic shoe, it should be between 0.1 and 0.15 millimeters.
After these simple manipulations, you will get a perfectly working Ray tiller. Installing the ignition on it is as simple as setting it up, since it consists of several parts that are connected like parts of a designer.
All grooves are designed in such a way that nothing can be confused, plugged in the wrong side or wrongly connected wires. After you have adjusted the ignition of the “Luch” tiller, and this part of it is working properly, you can start setting up the next important engine unit.
MB-1 ignition. how to adjust the Neva on the tiller and put the oil seal on the gearbox
Old technology, or rather technology manufactured before the nineties, is distinguished by its simplicity of design and the most simple engineering solutions.
Under the motto of “versatility” and the interchangeability of parts, many cars were developed, ranging from cars that changed little from model to model, ending with bicycles.
The list also includes the tiller “Ray”.
If you get into the hands of the instruction manual for the Luch tiller, then looking at the schematic drawings, you will notice that the engine for the Luch tiller was very versatile. He was wildly popular at the Motorostroitel plant, where Luch and similar devices were produced.
But, it is worth admitting that the enterprise worked conscientiously and the light agricultural machinery that it produced is still working. In general, machines such as the Tiller MB 1, the instructions for which date back to the end of the eighties.
These are devices that you can work on all your life, and with proper service, the number of repairs of this equipment, especially major ones, is reduced to a minimum.
Despite all the difficulties, it still maintains a high level of quality, because not every mechanism is able to work for more than twenty years in difficult conditions. dust, dirt is the maximum load on the engine, moreover, it is unstable and not constant, but dynamic, this is really a test for anything.
But when creating the “Luch”, it was precisely its versatility, simplicity of design and maintenance, albeit due to some minor flaws, was taken into account. But they can be easily eliminated without resorting to drastic measures. there is no need to completely redo something.
As for all modernization work, they will cost mere pennies, because, thanks to many years of trial and error, all innovations and changes were brought to the ideal, you just need to choose what exactly you need and do. it should not be difficult.
The operating instructions will help you keep it in perfect condition or fix the most common problems.
Also with an article about honda engines for tiller.