How To Set Up A Carburetor On A Tiller
How to adjust the tiller carburetor with your own hands: device diagram, K-45, How to adjust the carburetor on the tiller on your own. We will tell you how the adjustment and cleaning of carburetors takes place using the example of Neva motor-cultivators. Features of operation and maintenance of the fuel system of small agricultural machines. What needs to be done if the technique has not been used for a long time
How the tiller carburetor is adjusted
What to look for during a motor failure? If a carburetor malfunction occurs, the first step is to check the fullness of the fuel tank and the oil level. If there is enough fuel and oil, then proceed to inspect the spark plug. To do this, unscrew it and check the spark with the ignition. Next, the flow of gasoline to the carburetor is tested. For this purpose, remove the hose from the fitting and monitor the flow of fuel. If no fuel appears, then most likely the filter mesh will need to be cleaned. For this, the fuel cock is unscrewed and all parts are washed with gasoline. The same is done with the carburetor jet.
Carburetor cleaning is done as follows. To clean the device, first remove it. To easily remove the carburetor, you need to carefully inspect the body of the device and unscrew all the parts on which it is held.
So, remove the carburetor and pour gasoline out of it. We carefully separate all parts of the device (jet, float) for further purging and cleaning. This manipulation is performed with a special cleaner.
After cleaning, we thoroughly dry all the parts and feel free to start assembling. Adjust the tiller carburetor after assembly.
We install the cleaned device using a standard gasket and fasten it with nuts. Don’t forget about the air filter, the speed regulator and the gasoline hose.
Tuning the tiller carburetor consists in adjusting it. In order to independently adjust the carburetor, you need to do the following steps:
- The screws for idle and full throttle must be tightened until they stop
- Unscrew the low and full throttle screws one and a half turns (set the throttle valve in such a position that a gap of the appropriate size forms between the base and the air duct).
- Start the engine and wait until it warms up.
- With the engine running, set the control lever to minimum speed.
- Achieve smooth engine operation. To do this, you need to make the minimum idle speed using the throttle screw.
- Set idle speed to maximum with idle screw.
- Set the idle speed to minimum with the throttle screw.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the engine starts to run continuously.
- Set the engine control lever to gas.
- If an interruption occurs, unscrew the screw that regulates the quality of the mixture, no more than 2.5 turns.
I would like to note that the carburetor adjustment on the Neva Tiller is done clearly according to the above instructions. The K-45 device installed on the Neva tiller is single-chamber and horizontal. The float chamber is located in the central part. The throttle valve is flat.
The Neva Tiller uses the DM-1K engine, which is produced at the Krasny Oktyabr Neva plant. The manufacturer categorically does not use Chinese-made engines. This also applies to the production of a motor-cultivator.
Carburetor operating instructions
Gasoline supplied to this device must not contain mechanical impurities.
All parts are processed exclusively with gasoline. Do not use a solvent, as the elasticity of the washer and rubber parts will be damaged.
Use compressed air to dry the parts. Cleaning small holes with a wire or needle is not recommended. Installation after repair or cleaning must be carried out evenly so that there are no bends and deformation of parts.
The float chamber must be tightly connected to the body. Check the air filter connection before use. There should be no gasoline leaks.
Prepare the carburetor before starting the engine. To do this, you need to make sure that gasoline does not leak from it. To do this, simply open the fuel cock. Close the air damper and turn the control lever until it stops. Open the throttle valve 1/8. 1/4 of the maximum stroke.
At a low air temperature (below 5 ° C), squeeze the drowner until fuel appears from the hole.
While starting, slightly open the air damper, and after the engine warms up, open it completely.
How to adjust a tiller carburetor with your own hands: device diagram, K-45
The tiller carburetor must be adjusted periodically in order for the mechanism to work properly. The carburetor can be a possible cause of fluctuations in the tiller engine. For this, the device is disassembled, cleaned and adjusted (tuned). Regardless of the brand of the carburetor and the device on which it is installed, the principle of regulation is the same for everyone. The difference can only be in the number of revolutions.
Types and methods of carburetor adjustment
As you know, the tiller, like many other units of this type, is powered by an engine. Because the engine cannot ignite without oxygen supply, a carburetor is required. For the tiller, two types of carburetors are used. One of them is rotary, the other is plunger. Naturally, each of these types has its own advantages and disadvantages, the choice depends on the tiller, his performance and the type of work performed.
There are times when there are abnormalities in the operation of the carburetor (the process is unstable). In such a situation, the carburetor needs adjustment. How do I adjust the carburetor on the tiller? It is quite possible to do it yourself, following a certain sequence of actions.
- First, you need to turn the screws (full and low throttle) until they stop. Then turn them one and a half turns.
- Start the engine, give it time to start and warm up.
- Do not stop the engine and place the engine control lever in the lowest speed mode.
- Next, set the minimum number of revolutions when the device is stable.
- Then run idle to maximum.
- Shift idle to minimum. Repeat this step, alternating with the previous one, until the engine runs smoothly.
- Move the control lever to the throttle position.
Following this instruction, you can independently adjust the tiller carburetor.
Tiller carburetor: adjustment, repair, maintenance
The carburetor is the element of the tiller that is necessary to control the flow of air and fuel.
Thus, the optimization of the motor operation is carried out at a stable load. Like any mechanism, the carburetor needs proper care.
Carburetor care, replacement and repair
Sometimes, in order to bring the carburetor for a tiller into a stable, working condition, there is not enough adjustment, repair or replacement is necessary.
It so happens that the carburetor air damper does not close completely. To eliminate this problem, check the operation of the drive. If jamming is found, remove it. Over, given that the carburetor provides fuel and, therefore, drives the tiller itself, you should carefully monitor the condition of this part and take proper care of it.
To avoid serious damage to the carburetor, you must constantly monitor its operation. In addition to adjusting idle speed, you need to regularly clean the carburetor and replace worn parts. Since the carburetor interacts with the fuel mixture and air, the cause of its contamination can be in either the first or second source.
Tiller carburetor: device and adjustment
The carburetor for the tiller acts as a unit of the power system. Its task is to optimize the fuel to obtain the desired composition.
The carburetor requires constant load monitoring. For its proper operation, regular checks and proper operation are required. Much depends on the configuration of the unit and the quality of the fuel used.
Features of the tiller carburetor device
Tiller is a powerful mini power unit with additional equipment to perform various functions. It is often based on a gasoline engine, less often a diesel or electric one. A carburetor is used to ignite the fuel.
There are two main types of carburetors:
- Rotary. Differs in simplicity of structure, often found in small engines (12-15 cubic inches);
- Plunger. The multi-element design is relevant for high power tillers.
Carburetion is performed using the following parts: piston, fuel tank, Venuri tube, fitting (acts as a connector), high and low speed needles.
The piston moves upward, creating a vacuum. The carburetor begins to absorb air that moves through the venturi. The created vacuum allows fuel to flow from the tank to the engine through the connecting fitting. The fuel then flows around the main needle and through the inlet into the venturi.
While pressing the throttle lever, the low speed needle opens access to gasoline, after which the fuel flow is controlled only by the main needle.
The demanded agricultural machinery “Neva”, “Agro”, “Ugra”, “Oka” is in demand due to its configuration. When it comes to the carburetor of the Tiller “Neva” K-45, then this is a reliable device, distinguished by its quality and durability. Kmb-5 is an older model of the carburetor in the Neva units. Before buying, it is worth clarifying this nuance in order to acquire a truly professional assistant.
Powerful motors on MTZ (Belarus-09-N) and Neva MB-2 tillers are supported by reliable carburetors that can withstand heavy loads. On the “Kadvi” MB-1, “Cascade” technique and the “Pchelka” motor-cultivator, lightweight models of carburetors to optimize the functionality of the engine.
Tiller Carburetor Adjustment
A situation may arise in which the engine is unstable. In this case it is necessary to adjust the carburetor on the chiller.
It is worth starting tuning in early spring (after a long downtime of the unit) or in late autumn (after heavy loads).
It is better to carry out all repair work in a free and well-lit space. To set up a carburetor with your own hands, it will take a minimum of time and effort. Procedure:
- The motor warms up for five minutes;
- The screws for the minimum and maximum gas are screwed in until they stop;
- Adjust the screws by a maximum of 1.5 turns;
- Set the gear lever to the minimum stroke;
- Using the throttle valve adjustment screw, achieve minimum rpm when the engine runs “without dips”;
- Using the idle screw, adjust the idle speed to maximum until the engine runs continuously;
- The engine must be running during all operations. Only at the end it must be muted and turned on again for control.
If you check your actions with the instructions, you can avoid mistakes in the repair. After adjustment, the engine should run silently and without interruption.
Other malfunctions may occur. If the fuel does not enter the cylinder, you first need to check the amount in the gas tank. The next step is to check the flow of fuel to the carburetor. It is worth removing the hose from the inlet fitting. In most cases, cleaning of the tiller carburetor will be required. The blockages are removed from the filter of the mechanical cleaner.
Tiller owners should familiarize themselves in detail with the specifics of the carburetor operation, as well as ways to eliminate breakdowns. The proposed will help to deal with the problem that has arisen.
Carburetor repair Tiller Mole
The Tiller Mole carburetor was made in Soviet times. Despite the fact that the Soviet industry was famous for its high level of performance and reliability, this carburetor still had several flaws. To understand them, you first need to make a complete analysis of them into their components:
- Remove the cover by unscrewing the bolt on it. Under it we find a gasket made of a petrol-resistant material, as well as a spring that must be pulled out.
- We take out the flap, which is in the same place, under the lid.
- On the back there is a float chamber, which also needs to be unscrewed. Remove the gasket.
- Then it is necessary to remove the float by removing the pin from the corresponding hole. A special needle is found under the float, which also needs to be removed. On it, we find a small elastic band, which in no case should be lost, so we carry out all the manipulations extremely carefully.
- We unscrew the fitting, under which the gasoline filter is located.
- Then you need to remove the jet. After that, we need to pull out absolutely all the “insides” located in the carburetor body.
Such disassembly is necessary, after all, we get access to the internal content, which is considered the most problematic.
In other words, we turn this screw, and the mixture does not change, it remains constantly unchanged.
To change this, you need to make certain repairs to the carburetor located inside the Mole tiller. The main reason for problems with mixture regulation is one thing. The fact is that inside the carburetor there is a special channel that goes to the tube located in the center of the carburetor.
A bulldozer is a caterpillar or wheeled excavator belonging to the class of special equipment. Monster bulldozers are the largest in the world auto special equipment.
The products of a large number of world-renowned snow removal equipment manufacturers are presented on the market of our country. It’s all about the legendary German snow blower Huter.
In this pipe, in theory, there should be a through hole connecting this very channel. The problem is that on some factory units this pipe is put obliquely, which leads to the fact that the channel and the hole on the pipe do not match.
There are times that on the pipe this hole is completely absent, or it is of insufficient diameter. To make repairs, we need to perform several sequential steps:
- Unscrew both adjusting screws. Pay attention to the fact that the screws have different taper. The screw of the mixture quality has a larger taper.
- To pull out the pipe that is inside, we need to slightly heat the part of it that is outside. To do this, you can use a small fire on a gas stove, or heat it up with an ordinary lighter.
- We warm up until it can hold the body in the hands. After that, we push the pin into the hole where the cover bolt was located.
- Using a hammer, carefully hit the inserted studs until the pipe pops out.
- As practice shows, the hole is drilled on only one side of the pipe, those. It is not end-to-end. We need to make a symmetrical hole on the other side of this tube, or modify the one that is.
- If there is a second hole, but it is of a smaller diameter than the first, then we need to refine it a little. To do this, use a regular round file, bore the edges of the hole.
- Then we put the tube back in place. This must be done in such a way that the through hole on it and the hole on the channel exactly match.
- Before inserting the tube into place, you need to heat the carburetor body a little again, so that she entered without problems in her place.
- We insert the tube into place and using the same hairpin with which we pushed out the pipe, insert it into place. We knock lightly so that the pipe does not go far inward. From the back side we should see a hole located just above the through one, which should coincide with the channel.
- It is necessary to ensure that the hole is exactly in the center.
- We take a dense wire and insert it into the channel hole. If everything is done correctly, then the wire should freely pass further, through the through hole on the pipe, and out of it into the continuation of the carburetor channel.
- If the wire rested, then you need to knock on the hairpin a little more, pushing the pipe a little further.
- Next you need reassemble the carburetor in reverse order.
This is the whole process of the necessary changes in the design of the carburetor. Thanks to them, the adjusting screw fully fulfills its duties to change the quality, which, in fact, was required of it.
Adjusting the carburetor tiller K60V: how to adjust and clean the device
Tiller Mole is a means of small mechanization, designed directly for working with the ground. Its great popularity in our country is due to the fact that, at its low cost, it shows quite good technical characteristics.
These measures can significantly extend the operational life of the unit, without losing its working qualities.
One of the types of such service is carburetor adjustment, which must be carried out immediately after the end of the first season of work.
How to adjust. Setting and adjustment rules
Many people are wondering. How to adjust the carburetor installed on the Mole tiller? Many people point out that this particular work node causes the most problems. The thing is that on the Mole the Soviet carburetor K60-B was also installed, which is used in the construction of mopeds.
Before describing the probable problems with it, you need to consider how to adjust this carburetor, which will help to avoid these very problems. So, our actions will be as follows:
- To adjust the carburetor fuel level, we need to remove the Mole Tiller float chamber.
- After that, we turn the carburetor so that the float is at the top. Then we bend the tongue until the distance H is exactly about 15-17 mm.
- In the design of this carburetor there are two adjusting screws. One adjusts the throttle lift, and the second adjusts the quality of the mixture used. The design is made in such a way that when the second adjusting screw is tightened, the mixture is enriched and vice versa.
- First, the engine needs to be warmed up a little, and then the idle speed control begins. By the way, at the initial stage, you need to adjust the ignition.
- We adjust the position of the screw, which is responsible for the quality of the mixture. To do this, screw it in 1 or 1.5 turns counterclockwise until it stops.
- At this time, we normalize the stable operation of the engine with the throttle screw. Then we use the quality screw to increase the number of revolutions.
If everything is done correctly, then the engine will normally react to gas opening, without the appearance of failures. In addition, the speed will remain the same, regardless of the degree of heating.
Tiller adjustment: carburetor, valves, fuel system
This article describes the adjustment of the tiller, namely its main parts: the carburetor, valves and the fuel system. The process is not easy, so we have also attached some photos and here you can read repair tips.
Tiller Carburetor Adjustment
An unstable tiller engine speed indicates that the carburetor needs adjustment. The need to perform this procedure, as a rule, arises before the start of the agricultural season, when the equipment has not been used for a long time, or after it, when the cultivator has been subjected to significant loads for a long period of time.
Before proceeding with the adjustment, it is necessary to warm up the engine. The work process itself looks like this:
- The screws regulating low and maximum throttle are screwed in completely, after which they are loosened by about one and a half turns.
- The motor is started with a starting device or manually, and warms up for about 10 minutes.
- The lever that controls the operation of the power plant should be set to the minimum position, but the motor should not stop.
- The throttle throttle adjusting screw will help adjust the minimum idle speed so that the diesel engine is stable, without extraneous noise and stops.
- The rotation of the screws makes it possible to accurately set the amount of combustible mixture that enters the motor.
- Tightening the screw contributes to the enrichment of the mixture, while unscrewing it, on the contrary, increases the volume of air entering the engine;
Using the idle screw, adjust the maximum idle speed. Proceed in the same way with minimum speed, using the throttle stop screw. The essence of such an adjustment is that the shutter screw allows you to adjust the angle to which it is closed;
The lever responsible for controlling the motor should be moved to the “throttle” position. If the operation of the cultivator still cannot be called stable, the full throttle screw is adjusted until a perfect stroke is observed. However, the maximum permissible propeller speed is 2.5.
The accuracy of carburetor adjustment can also be determined by how the spark plug looks after a short period of time under load. If the working mixture is ideal, then there will be no carbon deposits on the candle, no traces of fuel, which indicate too poor or, conversely, too rich combustible mixture. It should be noted, however, that carbon deposits or traces of fuel on the spark plug may indicate not only incorrect adjustment, but also more serious problems of the Chinese or domestic tiller, including faulty ignition or cooling system.
Tiller valve clearance adjustment
Over time, with significant loads, the valve clearance of the tiller engine changes. This may be due to wear on parts. Insufficient distance leads to the fact that the stages of gas distribution change significantly, as a result of which it is not possible to achieve a sufficient compression ratio, the power device works intermittently and does not reach the declared power. In particularly serious situations, even deformation of the valves can be observed. If the gap is too large, significant mechanical noises are recorded, the gas distribution phases also change significantly, the valves open for too short a time, due to which the cylinder does not fill up properly, the power drops, and failures occur. Clearance adjustment is necessary immediately as soon as the engine operation becomes incorrect or occurs with significant noise. Ideally, the engine being adjusted should be cool.
So, first you need to get to the flywheel. It is on this part that the value of the top dead center is marked. The flywheel is hidden under the cover, and therefore you have to remove it. Before removing the casing, the oil bath of the air filter is removed. It is possible to facilitate the task in the process of removing the casing if you fix all the latches with rubber bands. All bolted connections are unscrewed with a key, after which the cover can be removed without problems.
On the flywheel, you can see marks that indicate TDC, as well as values of 5, 10 and 20 degrees. The 20 degree mark indicates the injection of the combustible mixture. The flywheel should be brought under the top dead center, focusing on the appropriate division. The valve cover is unscrewed and removed.
In the process of adjustment, you need to use the following tools:
- Box key for 10;
- The blade is 0.1 mm thick.
According to the technical data sheet, the valve clearance of the tiller engine is from 0.1 to 0.15 millimeters, and therefore it can be adjusted very accurately with the help of a blade. However, you need to pay attention to the fact that some blades are 0.8 mm thick, which is unacceptable. The exact value can be found with a micrometer or from the information on the manufacturer’s website. The adjustment is done as follows:
- Relax the nut, insert the blade and start to tighten;
- You should focus on the blade, carefully tightening the nut;
- The adjustment is carried out until the valve free travel is eliminated. It should fit snugly enough.
- In the reverse order, we assemble the casing, put the oil bath in place with our hands.
If all manipulations are carried out without errors, then the engine will run smoothly and without unnecessary noise.
Tiller fuel system adjustment
If the fuel is not supplied to the cylinder, then, first of all, it is necessary to check if there is enough fuel in the tank. You also need to check whether it goes to the carburetor. For this, a hose is removed from the inlet connection of the device. If we are talking about a K45 carburetor, press on its quench so that fuel begins to pour out through the drain hole.
If fuel does not enter the carburetor, then you need to turn off the fuel supply valve, completely disassemble it and remove accumulations of dirt from the mechanical filter. To achieve maximum cleanliness, all components must be treated with gasoline. The fuel cock is assembled and returned to its original location.
If fuel enters the carburetor, but is not supplied to the cylinders, it is necessary to check the correct operation of the fuel valve, as well as the presence of dirt on the jets.
To deal with the carburetor of a gasoline tiller of the KMB-5 type, you need to remove it from the engine and pour the fuel out of the float chamber. Through the fitting (see figure), with the help of which the gasoline is supplied, it is necessary to supply the air mixture, having previously set the carburetor in the operating position. The air passage should go unhindered, and when the carburetor is turned over, it should completely stop. These features indicate the complete performance of the part.
Fig. 2. Carburetor KMB-5
Details in the figure: 1. Fuel supply connection; 2. Upper body; 3. Throttle valve; 4. Idle needle; 5. Jet; 6. Lower body; 7. Air damper; 8. Screw fixing the tie; 9. Maximum gas needle; 10. Spraying element; 11. Float; 12. Fuel supply valve.
The fuel level inside the float chamber can be adjusted using the float tab. Ideally, it should range from 3 to 3.5 centimeters.
To purge the jets, the full and idle screws must be unscrewed.
Cleaning the carburetor parts begins by loosening the screws holding the upper body. The lower body is removed, the fuel supply valve is flushed with gasoline, and the dirt from the nozzles is blown out by a pump. It is necessary to check if the float is intact. It is categorically impossible to use rags in the cleaning process.
After completing the cleaning, the housings are connected. It is necessary to check that the spray tube is clearly inserted into the hole located on the upper body. Open the throttle valve and check how well the assembly is done. The screws that secure the upper case are tight. After the assembly process is completely completed, the carburetor should be adjusted. This will significantly improve the performance of a heavy tiller with attachments, since perfect adjustment of all its parts is required for correct operation.
If the carburetor DM 1.08.100 is installed on the engine of the cultivator, then the procedure for adjusting it will be as follows:
- Screw in screw 10 (Fig. 3) at idle until it stops and unscrew it half a turn.
- Then you need to tighten the full throttle screw 9 and unscrew it completely by 2 turns.
- Unscrew the screw 4 (Fig. 4) of the minimum engine speed right up to the stop of the lever against the bore of the carburetor body and turn it 2 turns.
- Start the tiller engine, then adjust stable operation at maximum rpm after warming up with screw 9.
Do not allow the engine control lever to be turned off, move it to the minimum throttle (rpm) position and by unscrewing screw 10 set stable idle rpm. This completes the setup.
That, in principle, is the whole repair. The main points of adjusting the main parts of the tiller are considered. Use our manual (instruction) and prevent faults. Enjoy adjusting your tiller or cultivator!