How To Start A Husqvarna Chainsaw
Chainsaw Husqvarna 372xp
A productive saw is needed for felling timber, processing building material, cutting thick posts. With this model, you can use the company’s branded attachments. They increase the functionality of the tool.
- Power at 5.5, hp from;
- Chain size. 50 cm;
- Reservoir for lubrication. 400 ml;
- Fuel tank. 770 ml;
- Weight. 7 kg.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 545
A quality tool for working with thick trees, processing medium and small branches. Has vibration reduction technology, inertial brake.
The Husqvarna 545 chainsaw has the following features:
- Power: 3.4 liters. From;
- The tire has a size of 45 cm;
- Fuel tank. 530 ml;
- Oil reservoir. 270 ml;
- Weight. 5.4 kg.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 357 xp
The model is most commonly used in utilities. It is fuel efficient and has a long service life. Saw also performed well in garden plots.
- The power of the model is 4.3 liters. From;
- The chain size is 45 cm;
- Fuel tank. 680 ml;
- Oil lubrication tank. 380 ml;
- Weight. 6 kg.
Running in a Husqvarna chainsaw
It is carried out for a new chainsaw or for an old device after a major overhaul. Break-in allows all parts to rub against each other and develop maximum revs. It can also help extend tool life.
- Warm up the chainsaw for 2-3 minutes. No need to cut branches, let the device run idle.
- Start cutting small branches and work like this for about half an hour.
- Try sawing a large tree.
Be sure to read the instructions before work and follow its advice.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 61
The compact household saw quickly cuts even old branches. It can be used to harvest firewood.
- The power of the tool is 3.9 liters. From;
- Chain size. 45 cm;
- Oil tank. 400 ml;
- Fuel tank. 750 ml;
- Weight. 6.6 kg.
Chainsaw Husqvarna 395xp
The tool is used to care for small areas. He can also cut trees in the forest.
- The power of the model is 6.66 liters. From;
- Chain size. 60 cm;
- Containers for lubricant and fuel. 500 ml and 900 ml, respectively;
- Saw weight. 8.1 kg.
How to start a chainsaw correctly: instructions
Consider the main steps that must be followed in order to properly start the Stihl chainsaw.
- Before starting, the chain brake must be applied. It is activated by pressing it forward (as shown in the photo).
- Remove the protective cover from the tire.
- If the model has a decompression valve, it should be brought to the on position, which will make it easier to wind the instrument motor.
- Press down on the fuel pump to reduce the number of pumpings and facilitate starting.
- The combo arm must be in cold start mode. To do this, lock the gas lever, and push the combined lever down to the stop.
- Ensure a level surface before starting the system. In this case, the cutting part must be at a distance from the ground, otherwise it will become dull when starting.
- Take the tool with both hands while keeping it on the ground. The left hand should be on the handle of the chainsaw, and the right hand should be at the starter rope. Use your right foot to secure the tool by stepping on the rear handle.
- Pull the starter rope gently with your right hand until you feel strong resistance. Using force, pull the starter rope several times, briefly starting the engine. In this case, in order to avoid abrasion, it is recommended to pull the cable upward from the body.
- After a short start, the engine stalls. Now move the combo lever up one click. The lever should take the half-throttle position.
- Pull the starter rope again to start the chainsaw engine.
- With the engine running with a short finger press, activate the throttle lever. The combination lever will automatically be set to idle.
- Without touching the throttle lever, move the chainsaw.
- Pull the handle toward you and release the chain brake. The position of the left hand remains unchanged, the hand is on the handle. The chain will be unlocked after a corresponding click.
You can see a detailed description of how to start the chainsaw correctly. Using this detailed instruction, you can learn how to start a chainsaw.
How to start a chain saw of different brands
For information on how to start a chainsaw, you must carefully read the instruction manual. In it, the manufacturer describes the sequence of actions typical for a particular model of a chainsaw, be it Stihl, Husqvarna, Partner, Ural, Druzhba.
What to do if your chainsaw won’t start?
But what to do in the event that all the steps specified in the operating instructions are followed, and the chainsaw still does not start? Regardless of the manufacturer of the chainsaw. Stihl, Husqvarna, Partner, Ural, Druzhba. A number of general measures for the tool factory can be distinguished.
The following are practical tips from professionals that have been tried and tested and proven to be effective:
- Don’t be nervous, don’t try to adjust the carburetor of your chainsaw.
- Set the instrument aside and let it rest. The reason may simply be that the candles are flooded. Let them dry.
- Take the instruction manual. Try to start the saw again. The saw brake does not need to be engaged.
- If that doesn’t work, try removing the cover from the chainsaw body and removing the air filter. This way you can check the cleanliness of the filter and at the same time facilitate the start-up process.
- Replace candles. If it is not possible to install new candles, you can use the old ones, having previously removed and ignited them.
- In the event that an extraneous pungent smell appears, it means that excess fuel has got into the engine of the chainsaw. To correct this situation, it is necessary to remove the candle and, turning the saw upside down, drain the excess. Without returning the saw to its normal position, pull the starter sharply several times. This will ensure that the combustion products leave the chamber. The candle must be wiped dry and ignited, and then screwed in and started again without installing the filter.
- It is necessary to check the piston surface for the presence of fuel in it. If you unscrew the candle and notice through the hole that it is dry inside, you need to inject some fuel into the chamber with a syringe. The cause of problems in this case can be a blockage that interferes with the supply of fuel to the engine. If the engine can be started with a small amount of fuel, then the thrust will eliminate the blockage and the problem will be solved.
- The last two actions can be performed only if there is a dry candle.
- Check the starter for good condition. It is impossible to start a chainsaw without a starter.
- Check ignition unit for spark.
- Try to carefully remove the tool muffler and start it without it.
Each saw has its own plant characteristics. How to start a Husqvarna chainsaw, you can look at. Follow the instructions carefully and the saw will serve you for a long time.
Preparation and refueling of the combustible mixture
All modern chainsaws, with rare exceptions, are equipped with compact two-stroke internal combustion engines running on high-octane gasoline. A metered amount of special engine oil is introduced into the fuel in a ratio of 40: 1 or 50: 1.
There are few requirements for the quality of gasoline. These are:
- Minimum storage time;
- Octane number not less than 92;
- Lack of water and foreign matter.
Launch of Chinese-made chainsaws
A significant part of the Chinese chainsaw tools are copies of well-known European brands, while they are not always successful. In order to start a Chinese chainsaw, special skills are not required.
A feature of working with Chinese chainsaws is the recommendation for the use of branded motor and chain oils. Leading Chinese manufacturers have developed a wide range of specialty additives that have a positive effect on the performance and durability of Chinese domestic and professional chainsaws.
Fuel system tuning
The factory adjustment of the carburetor is carried out according to the average parameters, therefore the necessary adjustments to the operation of the fuel system are made during the operation of the chainsaw.
The sequence of self-tuning the fuel system by the owner himself is given in the instructions. To bring the engine to the optimal thrust and economy of fuel consumption, it is advisable to perform the adjustment using special equipment, which is equipped with service and repair services.
A running engine is checked for interruptions in the ignition system, extraneous noise, crankcase overheating and other shortcomings. Full lapping of the loaded parts and assemblies of the new chainsaw is carried out in operating mode with moderate loads. With short breaks for engine cooling, you can cut wood with a diameter of 100-150 mm.
How to start a chainsaw: tips and tricks
Novice sawers who do not have the skills to work with chainsaw equipment have to develop their own maintenance skills. How to prepare the fuel mixture and how to start the chainsaw is described in detail in the instructions attached to the tool.
At the initial stage of preparation for the first start-up, the new chainsaw is freed of preservative grease, after which you should make sure that it is complete, securely tightened the threaded fasteners, especially in the area where the headset is attached, and the saw chain is correctly tensioned.
Reasons for a failed launch
To search for failures typical of internal combustion engines, there are developed algorithms that help to detect and eliminate a malfunction with a small investment of working time.
In a simpler version, this is an excess of fuel in the combustion chamber that makes it difficult to ignite the mixture, an unregulated gap in the spark plug, air leakage in the fuel supply system.
Disconnection of the carburetor flap control drive, contamination of the nozzles and the presence of water condensate in the float chamber is also not excluded.
Engine oil selection criteria
A full-fledged alternative to the recommended branded oils can be products from leading manufacturers that are similar in performance. As a result of natural selection, Stihl and Husqvarna motor oils and chain oils have been leading in unofficial consumer ratings for many years.
- It is strictly forbidden to use cheap analogues of unknown origin for the preparation of a combustible mixture for a chainsaw, as well as motor oils for mopeds and outboard motors.
- In order to avoid the risks of acquiring a cheaper, but low-quality counterfeit, it is recommended to buy consumables from branded and licensed trade enterprises.
The working mixture is prepared in a small amount, sufficient to perform a one-time job. For long-term use, more than one month, the combustible composition is not calculated due to significant deterioration in performance.
The mixture is poured through a fine-mesh filter or suede into a gas tank, from which a gas line is fed to the carburetor inlet.
Features of service and self-repair of Husqvarna (Husqvarna) chainsaws
Husqvarna chainsaws are indispensable helpers on the farm. With gasoline powered vehicles, you can perform a variety of construction, logging and simple delimbing jobs. With proper handling of the tool, it will serve for a long time, but during operation, as a result of intense loads, various malfunctions occur.
If minor breakdowns are detected, they do not contact service centers and workshops, Husqvarna chainsaws are repaired independently, while it is necessary to investigate and disassemble the probable causes of defects and how to eliminate them.
How to remove and replace the drive sprocket
The movement of the chain along the bus is carried out by a drive sprocket, which is connected to the gearbox. It is an assembly unit rotating due to a bearing. At the end of the bus there is a driven sprocket with the same pitch in relation to the leading one. Therefore, when carrying out repair work, all factors are taken into account: the coincidence of the spline, the presence of bearings, the kinematics of the tool.
When the spline is worn out, the drive sprocket is replaced, otherwise it will not adhere to the chain.
In order to change a part, you must perform the following actions:
- Unscrew the nuts of the tire cover and remove the headset using working tools;
- Remove the air filter;
- Unscrew the saw candle;
- Remove the clutch on the chainsaw;
- Inspect the drum and check the crown;
- Remove the chain saw sprocket;
- If necessary, replace the broken part with a new one;
- Reassemble all parts in reverse order.
If the process of replacing the sprocket on a Husqvarna chainsaw is difficult, use the services of a specialist.
How to set up a chainsaw
In the process of repairing a Husqvarna chainsaw with their own hands, they identify some malfunctions that arose as a result of incorrect ignition adjustments and carburetor settings.
The mechanism is responsible for the engine speed and is configured for operation taking into account the required conditions:
- Height above sea level;
- Applied oil.
Husqvarna chainsaw carburetor is factory set during testing for productive work.
The device has 3 configurable areas:
- “L”. Low speed jet;
- “X”. High speed jet;
- “T”. Idle speed adjusting screw (XX).
Standard settings are as follows:
- “X” = 11/4 turns;
- “L” = 11/4 turns.
To tune the chainsaw, after running in, the carburetor is adjusted: first, they are engaged in the “L” jet, then the screws XX “T” and “X”. When “L” and “X” rotate clockwise, the quality of the working mixture “air. Fuel” deteriorates, when rotating counterclockwise, it becomes richer. Turning the screw “T” clockwise increases the speed XX.
Carburetor repair is carried out by a specialist.
The starter is responsible for starting the unit. Malfunctions indicate the presence of such malfunctions:
- The spring has burst;
- The pulley is damaged;
- The starter rope is damaged.
Procedure for replacing a worn starter cord:
- The starter is disassembled, the mechanism is removed, after unscrewing the screws securing the case to the motor crankcase;
- The cord is pulled at a distance of 30 cm through the hole in the pulley;
- The return spring is set to neutral;
- The central screw is unscrewed, the pulley itself is removed;
- A new cord is inserted, stretched, while 3 turns are wound on the mechanism and fixed with a screw;
- Then the cord is pulled through the groove in the housing and the starter handle.
The tension of the return spring is carried out by rotating 2 turns clockwise, while taking into account that it is compressed. When replacing a broken part, the spring should pop out after pulling the inner part down.
Why the chain is not lubricated
Oil does not flow to the saw head as a result of a malfunction in the chain lubrication system. The reasons are as follows:
- The presence of defects in the oil pump;
- Clogging of the filter, channels;
- Breather defects;
- Break in the oil hose;
- Mismatch of the oil hole on the saw body and the tire;
- Drive gear failure.
The oil pump is responsible for increasing or decreasing oil supply and is located on the right side of the chainsaw. Leakage or contamination can result in insufficient lubrication. It is removed after the clutch is untwisted.
Adjustment of the oil supply to the chain is carried out by adjusting the oil pump.
If it starts and stalls
Your Husqvarna chainsaw starts and stalls when you press the gas. This leads to a clogged carburetor jet and a dirty fuel tank filter. The defect is eliminated as follows:
- Disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor;
- Inspect the fluid leakage. The breather is clean if a full jet comes out.
The next reason why a chainsaw stalls is that the muffler is contaminated with exhaust resins. The issue is solved by cleaning.
Piston ring wear affects the operation of the cylinder-piston group. If there is a backlash during the check, parts are replaced.
When the engine is started, the unit can also stall:
- As a result of water entering the mixture;
- Due to poor chain lubrication;
- Oil wire leaks;
- Clogging of channels.
Pay attention to the chain:
- With increased dryness, clean the oil supply channels, inspect the connection elements of the fittings with the pipes;
- In case of oil leaks at the connecting points or the presence of cracks in the pipes, seal with a sealant.
The motor does not develop speed:
- If the piston rings burn in the grooves;
- With wear and loss of elasticity of rubber crankcase seals;
- Leaks in the connection of the cylinder to the crankcase;
- Due to incorrect installation of the ignition timing;
- As a result of contamination of the fins of the cylinder and the fan grill;
- Under heavy load immediately after purchasing a new engine.