How To Start A Tiller Neva
Tiller adjustment: carburetor, valves, fuel system
This article describes the adjustment of the tiller, namely its main parts: the carburetor, valves and the fuel system. The process is not easy, so we also included some photos and.
Before adjusting the carburetor, it is necessary to adjust the centrifugal regulator according to the user’s manual.
- Tighten the idle and full throttle bolts to the maximum and then back out 1.5 turns.
- Install a throttle type damper so that a gap of the corresponding parameters appears between the base and the air duct.
- Try to start the engine. If it starts up, you need to wait until it warms up.
- Set the control handle to minimum speed.
- Perform minimum idle speed using the throttle valve.
- Set RPM to maximum using idle screw.
- Repeat the last 2 steps until the motor starts running smoothly.
- Set the control handle to gas.
Concerning carburetor, it is part of the engine power system. It acts as a kind of mixer that mixes liquid fuel with air to obtain a fuel mixture, which then enters the engine cylinders. Structurally, it looks like this:
- Float chamber;
- Throttle and air dampers;
- Mixing chamber;
- Jet, etc.
It description of standard carburetor, but different tiller models such as Huter, Profi, Plowman, Champion, Carver, Husqvarna may use different carburetors, respectively, and the adjustment will be different.
Adjusting valves on the Lifan 6.5 tiller consists in setting the correct clearance under the valves. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Remove the cover to get to the flywheel.
- Remove the valve cover. There are two valves under it. Intake and exhaust.
- To check the inlet valve clearance, you need a 0.15 mm dipstick, for the exhaust valve. 0.2 mm. If adjusted correctly, the dipstick should pass freely under the valve.
- To adjust, loosen the fastening nuts with a wrench. We insert the dipstick between the valve and the piston so that it does not slip, but is tight enough in this position. We wrap the nut.
- We put in place the valve cover and the flywheel cover.
Changing the engine oil
The procedure for changing the oil in the engine:
- Place the vehicle on a level surface.
- Let the engine cool down. This will help measure the level of the filled oil.
- Clean the area around the dipstick on the left side of the engine.
- Fill with oil up to the maximum mark (recommended oil. TAD-17I, TAP-15V).
- To determine the level to which the fuel fluid has been filled, you need to use the dipsticks. To do this, you need to take a dry dipstick plug and insert it into the oil fill connector. The remaining trace can be used to determine to what level the liquid was poured.
- If there is an excess of oil liquid, a leak begins, which can lead to malfunctions of the tiller.
Step-by-step instructions for different models
Right starting tiller after winter
Before starting the tiller after a long winter downtime, you need to carefully prepare it. First of all, it is necessary to take the equipment out of the garage and inspect it. There should be no foci of corrosion on the metal surfaces of the agricultural unit, the appearance of which can be triggered by high air humidity. In case of corrosion, it will be necessary to remove it, treat problem areas with a special rust converter and paint the areas.
After that you will need:
- Drain old fuel from tank and remove old gearbox grease. The latter must be thoroughly rinsed and dried. Next, you need to fill in fresh fuel and new transmission oil;
- Flush the fuel pipes, make sure that they have not lost their tightness and that no cracks appear on their walls;
- Remove all filter elements provided for in the design, rinse them thoroughly in clean gasoline, dry them and reinstall them. Damaged filters must be replaced;
- Remove and disassemble the carburetor, blow it out with compressed air or rinse it with gasoline. After that, completely dry parts of the fuel unit must be assembled and installed in place;
- Check the drive belts. Due to high humidity, cracks could appear on their surface. In this case, the elements must be replaced immediately;
- Disassemble and inspect the CPG of the power unit. If burrs or traces of rust appear on the walls of the assembly, they will need to be removed;
- Unscrew and check the plug. There should be no traces of scale and resinous deposits on it. Otherwise, the candle needs to be cleaned and dried. After that, it is necessary to ventilate the engine, several times sharply pulling the starter cable towards you;
- Check the ignition system gap and re-set it if it has been violated;
- Inspect the controls and make sure that the throttle and brake cables are tensioned as required for operation;
- Remove, recharge and reinstall the battery, if it is provided in the tiller design. At the same stage, you need to check the terminals and contacts of the electrical wiring. There should be no signs of oxidation on them;
- Check the pressure in the tires and pump them up as indicated in the instructions for the tiller;
- Inspect the chassis of the tiller and tighten the loosened bolts;
- Check the mechanism for connecting attachments and trailed equipment.
Only after all the above actions can the tiller be launched.
To start an agricultural unit with a gasoline engine, you must:
- Open the gas supply valve fully. At the same time, the fuel suction lever should be in the “Start” position, and the clutch lever in the “Disconnected” position;
- Perform pumping with a recoil starter, several times by sharply pulling its rope towards you;
- Move the ignition lever to the “On” position and pull the starter rope towards you a few more times;
- As soon as the engine of the used tiller is started, you will need to quickly move the fuel suction lever to the “Run” position.
If an electric starter is provided in the gasoline tiller device, then the operator just needs to turn on the ignition and press the engine start button.
Starting a diesel tiller is a little harder.
This will require:
- Unscrew the valve intended for supplying fuel, gradually unwinding each standard connection from it;
- As soon as the fuel reaches the injector, you need to open all the valves in the structure and set the throttle lever to the middle position;
- Press and hold the decompressor until the fuel is pumped to the cylinder;
- Release the decompressor and start pulling gently until it returns to its original position;
- Press the decompressor again and at the same moment quickly pull the starter rope towards you.
After starting the power unit, you need to give it time to fully warm up. This may take from 5 to 10 minutes. It is important not to subject the tiller to long-term high loads, since after winter its moving parts must have time to warm up and become covered with a continuous oily film.
Tiller Neva. How to start by yourself?
Before starting the engine directly, check the oil level in its crankcase. To do this, unscrew the filler cap located in the front of the power unit. There is a threaded dipstick at the end of the plug. If the oil stain reaches this thread, then there is enough lubricant to run the engine.
To properly start the Tiller Neva, you must:
- Move the ignition switch to the “On” position;
- Open the fuel supply valve;
- Close the standard throttle valve;
- Set the accelerator lever to about 3/4 of the maximum permissible speed;
- Pull the starter rope towards yourself until resistance appears;
- Pull the starter cable sharply towards you. As a result, the engine should start and instantly stall;
- Slowly open the throttle valve;
- Pull the starter rope towards you a few more times until the engine starts and starts idling.
It is possible to turn off the engine of the Neva Tiller only when it is idling. Otherwise the risk of failure of the standard magneto will increase.
How to start a tiller without a starter?
In some cases, the operation of the tiller becomes impossible due to the breakdown of the trigger. It can fail anywhere, including in the field, far from home. To solve the problem and start the tiller, you do not always need to take it back to the garage.
Sometimes the design of agricultural units allows you to start their power unit without using a starter.
For this you need:
- Unscrew the screws and remove the trigger;
- Clean the place under the standard starter, removing dirt and moisture from it;
- A crown is located under the starter, which is necessary for the constant connection of the engine crankshaft with the starter drum. On the rim of this crown, you will need to wind any cable, making 4–5 full windings around the element;
- Pull the free end of the cord slightly towards you until resistance. This means that the piston has risen up;
- Turn off the decompressor by moving its lever to the zero position;
- Pull the cable sharply towards you.
When starting the tiller without a working starter, it is strictly forbidden to wind the free end of the used cord around your finger or wrist. This can lead to serious consequences, including a fracture of the phalanx of the finger. In addition, when the engine is turned on, the used cord must not get inside the rim, as it can be pulled by the crankshaft into the engine compartment.
How to start a tiller Ural?
Before starting the Ural brand tiller, you need to make sure that its air filter is completely clean. You also need to inspect the spark plug. The factory “disease” of agricultural machinery of this brand consists in the frequent leakage of engine oil from a separate tank into the engine cylinder.
Replacing the oil seals will help to solve this problem for a short time, but they are enough for about 20 hours of operation.
To start a tiller Ural, you need:
- Move the throttle control lever to the closed position:
- Set the accelerator to minimum speed;
- Turn on the fuel supply valve;
- Pull the starter rope slowly until resistance appears;
- Pull the starter rope out sharply towards yourself. As a result, the motor should start;
- Open the throttle and allow the engine time to warm up.
After that, you can proceed to the operation of the tiller on the site.
How to get tillers of popular brands?
Depending on the design features and the manufacturer, agricultural units can be launched in one sequence or another. It is important to remember this, since an incorrect algorithm of actions can gradually lead to serious damage to equipment.
How to start a tiller. In detail for beginners and not only
Any branded tiller consists of many complex mechanisms that are activated when the built-in power unit is started. At the moment the engine is turned on, the units of the agricultural machine are subject to increased load, therefore, the working life of each of the tiller’s factory systems directly depends on the correct start of the standard motor. To reduce the load and extend their service life, the user must learn the correct procedure for starting the motor, taking into account different weather and operating conditions.
After that, you need to fill in fuel. In the operating instructions, you will find information on which gasoline is suitable for your particular model of the tiller. Also, you can check this information with the sellers. Another important point concerns two-stroke engines, where gasoline must be diluted with oil in a certain proportion.
Only after that you can proceed directly to the inspection of the entire tiller. That is, you must check all the joints, the fastening of the steering wheel and wheels, the clutch and gas cables, and so on.
How to start a tiller correctly?
Tillery is a rather serious and not cheap gardening technique. If you want it to fully perform its functions, serve for a long time and reliably, then you need to carefully look after it and follow all the recommendations for use prescribed by the manufacturer.
When you bought the equipment, it is important to know how to start the tiller correctly. There is a certain sequence of actions, consisting of preparing the equipment for launch and its direct launch.
Step-by-step instructions for starting the tiller
After all the checks, you made sure that the oil is filled in a sufficient amount, gasoline or diesel fuel corresponds to the model of your tiller, and all fixtures and systems are in correct and working condition. Now we will tell you how to start a tiller:
- Gasoline tiller. You need to open the gasoline tap, and the choke lever should be in the “Start” position, and also turn off the ignition. After that, you need to pump it a couple of times with a manual starter, turn on the ignition, and pull the starter again. In this state, the tiller will start, and you must move the choke lever to the “Run” position. If your model of equipment has an electric starter, you can immediately turn on the ignition and start it;
- Diesel tiller. Diesel Tillers are known to be a little harder to start. over, if you plan to work on it in the winter, then you should be aware that diesel fuel tends to freeze. Therefore, you first need to warm up the equipment, and only then give loads. So, if the unit is new, then its entire system is airy. To pump it, you need to work as a starter. If the starter is manual, you can, of course, pull it yourself, or you can do the following procedure. Unscrew the fuel supply valve and unscrew each supply connection from it. In this case, you need to unscrew, wait until the fuel flows and tighten again. Keep doing this until you reach the nozzle. For manual starting, open all valves and set the gas to the middle position. Hold the decompressor with your finger, squeeze it out and pump it several times. After that, release it and pull until it returns to its original position. Now press the decompressor again, and without supporting it press the starter. The tiller must start.
As you can see from the above, gasoline and diesel tillers start differently. It is important to carefully read the instructions for use and strictly follow the manufacturer’s advice. Also, you need to use only high quality fuel and oil, suitable for your type of tiller. And then you will not face problems when starting and further working on the machine.