How to tension the chain on a Makita electric saw
How to Remove the Chain from a Makita Power Saw
During operation, the labyrinth has an oil reservoir and oil pump. Locking buttons on the body start. Comfortable handles and a protective shield ensure long working hours without fatigue.
Sawing occurs because of the transmission of torque from the engine to the gearbox, from the bar gearbox, which drives the sharp-toothed chain. Chain lubrication begins simultaneously with rotation.
The Makita saw chain comes to Russia in two motor designs. Saws where the motor is located along the axis of the tool are better balanced. They are suitable for working long hours and for making precise cuts. However, the design is complicated by the presence of a conical clutch, and saws with a longitudinal motor are expensive professional tools. These are models with “30A” in the marking. This tool is longer, predatory-looking.
For vertical sawing the saw modification “20A” will be more convenient if you cut from the top down and at right angles. But such a saw is difficult to cut in trees because of unstable balance. For sawing firewood, the Makita electric saw is ideal, and there is no need to overpay several thousand for a professional tool.
The capacity of the device depends on the capacity. Professional saws require a 2.5-4.0 kW motor with a voltage regulator. Households include 1.5-2.0 kW models. Choose the necessary tool with a power reserve, because unstable voltage in the network negatively affects the power unit.
How to remove the chain from a Makita electric saw
How to repair the electric saw with your own hands?
- Electric saw faults available
- How to sharpen an electric saw without help of others? The sequence of steps for manual sharpening
- Saw blade sharpening on a special device
Repair of electric saws with their own hands interested in all the owners of similar tools. Should be aware that at least some of the device has its own degree of wear, so at times you will need to fix various malfunctions.
Power saws are used extensively in cottage plots to cut branches, boards and trees.
Power saws are indispensable devices in country plots, or in private homes. They can easily cope with the sawing of branches, boards of great thickness, as well as various workpieces of wood. To perform the repair of this device, you need to have some ability and equipment. Can I sharpen the chain with a file?? Electric Saw Chain in How to Sharpen a Chain. Almost always electric saws are repaired by professionals with experience. Today we will look at inexpensive electric saws remove the chain and !The model comes as with. But there are certain types of defects that can simply be removed without the help of others.
Items that will be needed in order to perform the repair of the electric saw with your own hands:
- Unique accessories that are recommended by the manufacturer;
- Raths in the form of circles and ovals;
- chain sharpening device.
Existing malfunctions of the electric saw
In most cases, there are subsequent breakdowns:
- If the tool does not turn on, it is useful to check the availability of power, the state of the cables and connections.
- If the power grid is in good condition, it will be necessary to check the chain brake, which stops the work of the device. To eliminate the problem it is useful to change the position of the shield of the braking element.
- If the electric saw failed to turn on, it will be necessary to check the condition of the cable.
- If the power of the electric saw decreased, it means that the brushes are worn out. In that case, they must be replaced.
- Quite often the chain does not stop immediately, but after some time. The longer the saw is used, the longer the time gap becomes. To remove this problem, it is necessary to change the brake band of the saw.
- In some cases, in the process of using the saw there is a nasty sound. It occurs in most cases due to a lack of oil in the device or due to clogging of the grooves that conduct it. Chain from a chainsaw: how to correctly sharpen a chain from a chainsaw, for. To rule out a malfunction, it is useful to refill the oil and clean the grooves.
- In the process of repair work it is necessary to use only unique accessories that are recommended by the manufacturer. If elements from other manufacturers are used, it can cause damage to the device or unexpected situations.
- If the body is damaged, it is best to send the tool for repair.
- It is not allowed to create a substitute for the cutting parts of the fixture that are not intended for it.
How to sharpen electric saw by yourself?
One of the components of chainsaw you have to watch constantly is the chain. It needs to be sharpened from time to time. If you procrastinate with this process, then the repair of electric chainsaw can not be performed without the help of others. In that case it must be taken to a sharpening service center where the sharpening is performed on a sharpening machine.
Makita UC 4020 electric chainsaw
(Makita ) UC 4020 A presents the online store AllInstrumenty.Ru. Disassembled chain sprockets in kit with how to prepare chain to remove clamping. Repair of a Makita parma electric chainsaw with the chain removed from the. Consider.
Makita UC3520A electric chainsaw
UC3520A, replacing the chainsaw, flipping the wrong bar, and testing again.
Extend the life of the sawing element as follows:
- Before you begin, you need to make sure that there are no hard metal elements in the workpiece. If the element for cutting will contact with metal workpieces, the chain will have nicks or chips that can not be removed later.
- No sharpening should be done on the ground, as sinking into the ground can clog oil grooves. As a result, the chain will not be lubricated and will wear out quickly.
- It is necessary to watch the wedge of the saw. Jamming should not be allowed, as it will result in overheating of the metal and reduce its service life.
It should be determined whether the power saw needs to be sharpened. To do this, pay attention to the shavings: if they are small or dark in color, the chain is blunt. Blunted edges are unable to remove the desired cutting layer, resulting in shavings. The quality of the sharpening of the tool can also be determined by inspection. These circumstances lead to the problem of how to pick up the chain, taking into account the length. The part that is used for sawing must be free of defects in the form of torn off pieces. The shape of the tine and the cutting edge must be the same as on the unused fixture.
READ Replacing piston rings on a STIHL 180 chain saw
If these factors will not meet the appropriate requirements, the saw needs to be sharpened.
If work is done using a blunt saw blade, it can affect the performance as well as the period of possible use of the tool.
If blunt elements are used, the load on the electric motor will increase, as a result it will overheat and all its parts will wear out before the specified period.
Manual sharpening sequence
To sharpen an electric saw you can do the following:
- To perform the sharpening, you need to prepare a special set of tools, which consists of files in the form of circles and ovals, mandrel and caliber. In rare cases, such a set may include a hook for cleaning chain slots.
- A circle shaped file should be combined with a mandrel.
- A flat file and caliber should be used separately.
- The chain should be sharpened on the bar of the saw.
- The dressing is placed on the edge of the tooth for cutting, making sure to take into account the angle of the chamfer.
- The sharpening angle should be between 30° and 100°. The most time-consuming process of straightening is to set the right angle. If the angle is not correct, the tool will be destroyed.
- During sharpening, the file must be perpendicular to the bar and protrude slightly above the notch.
- Sharpening must be done in one direction.
- When one prong has been sharpened, the chain should be rotated and the other prong sharpened.
- When all teeth are filed, you need to start processing the cut. the protrusion on the chain that has no cutting edges. This element is placed on the same plate with the tooth. This tool is designed to produce a burr during the cutting process.
- If the cut stops are protruding, the chain won’t be able to cut. If so, it will slip. If the limiting elements are too deep, the wood will jam the cutting element of the attachment.
- Cutter stops should be dressed by using a gauge. It should be placed against the edge of the teeth for cutting. The end rail must be flush with the limiter.
- If the limiting element will protrude, trim it. In this case you can use an ordinary flat file.
- Use the file to move it in the same direction along the limiting element.
Check for compatibility
It is common to change a saw chain when it is completely worn out and sharpening or repairing it is no longer needed.
When going to the store to buy a new part, you should arm yourself with the following recommendations:
- When changing any part of your power saw, it is advisable to buy a product from the same manufacturer as the tool itself. This ensures the best possible alignment.
- It is important to consider the type of task to be performed. Chains with 3/8″ pitch are designed for high loads. If the saw is used infrequently, 0.325 inch will suffice.
- The sharpening angle of the tines is important: cutting big volumes of dry wood is best done with cutting edges with a sharpening angle of 30 degrees. For working in wet or frozen material, a 10-degree cut is better. The same applies to longitudinal sawing. a small sharpening angle in such cases greatly reduces the degree of wear on the cutting attachment.
- When choosing the length of the chain you should be guided by the size of the bar.
How a chain for a chainsaw should be sharpened
In the near future there are plenty of cutting tools. To obtain the greatest convenience, higher-quality pieces are the goal.
Electric saws are used in construction to cut wood surfaces, constructions and yard areas. It is a tool of practical importance, whose universal properties enable it to be powered by a two-phase motor. Sharp elements of this device are represented by chains of different configurations. Most of these machines have iron bars and chain wheels.
Electric saws of non-professional value are designed for a chain pitch of 3.25 inches. These dimensions significantly reduce the coefficient of vibration movements, but it is not the best effect on the power of the device: it noticeably drops. How to replace the bar and chain on a chain saw. Dmitry Pushkar. Tensioning a chainsaw chain. correctly. The highest quality machines have rows that travel in 3/8″ and 0.404″ increments. When buying a chainsaw, special attention should be paid to the quality of the sharp part, i.e. е. Tracks.
Checking chain tension
After you have done the work of tensioning the chain of your electric chainsaw, it is necessary to check whether it has enough tension. The quality of the cut and the productivity of the power tool depend on it. Pay attention to some indicators.
- If the saw chain has sufficient tension, it is very easy and comfortable to work with the tool. The guide bar sinks quickly to the correct depth.
- The guide bar does not get warm when cutting wood.
- Sawing material generates small and coarse chips.
If you notice that the guide bar is overheating, the cutting quality is poor and the edges are not straight, the chain needs tightening or sharpening. Using an electric saw with a dull or slack chain increases drain on lubricant. Fine dust is produced instead of coarse chips.
Insufficient chain tension causes uneven wear on the guide bar of the electric saw. To avoid this problem and to ensure even wear over the entire working area, turn the guide bar over from time to time. Be guided by the inscriptions on the blade.
How to extend a chain life?
To avoid accidentally “screwing up” the saw, use special high stands or “trestles” and make sure that the bar and chain do not come into contact with the ground. The cut should be made freely, without “bites”, if the teeth do not grab the wood or the bar moves with difficulty. it’s time to sharpen. Make sure you let your power saw rest for an interval time. Lubricate the mechanism in good time and make sure it does not overheat.
Follow a few simple rules to extend the life of your chainsaw and make many interesting plans come to life.
To evenly sharpen the saw blade of an electric garden saw, its owner has 3 options. The first way is manual. It consists of using two files, a round one and a flat one, and the holder needed to hold the round shaped tool. A circular file should be selected based on the pitch of the chain. the larger the pitch, the larger the diameter of the file to be used. A flat file is needed for dressing the jig, so it can be any size.
The procedure for sharpening the chain with files is as follows:
While the cutting teeth are being resharpened, the template is applied to each of them in turn. It is equipped with moving rollers on which the file slides while working with the chain. The sharpening angle is not disturbed, making it possible to sharpen each tooth evenly.
The only disadvantage of this method is the need to use a separate template for each specific type of cutting tool, taking into account the chain pitch, shank width, driving link and other parameters.
Read Organoleptic Properties of Flour || Organoleptic Properties of Flour
The third method of sharpening is the use of an electric sharpening machine. This option is considered the easiest, fastest and most convenient. Most machines come complete with metric and graduated scales that allow you to restore almost any chain, regardless of its pitch and number of links.
How to sharpen a chain cutter?
There is a lot of information on this topic on the internet. I also learned a lot, tried, experimented.
And in the end I came to the conclusion, unless, of course, you professionally sharpen the chain, the best way on a domestic level, in my subjective opinion, is sharpening with an ordinary semicircular file.
Firstly, there is nothing difficult. you just have to grind along the inner plane of the tooth and that’s it.
The main thing is to do it in one direction, for example, from myself.
Secondly it is not expensive at all. In short, 15 minutes of effort and the chain is ready to cut wood again.
Kohl, I have mentioned the topic of wood, I would also like to share with you my experience in making firewood for the winter.
Alternative stand for sawing logs.
The other day I had to saw about 7 cubes of wood, t.е. cut into stumps. It is clear that the amount of work is impressive and you can’t do without a special stand. At first I wanted to make a universal goat, but then I changed my mind.
The main reason I gave up on this venture was that I couldn’t put a heavy log on the goat alone. And I didn’t really want to do either. And here, as luck would have it, I found a regular bench with dimensions of 550×340×240 mm.
Before using the bench, I reinforced it with struts on both sides. Turn it over and that’s it, the stand is ready.
How to do the log sawing.
- From the general pile, I pick out a log that isn’t jammed or run over.
- Dropping it on the ground.
- I put one edge of the log on the bench, and then the other one.
Note, the stand should be slightly offset from the center of the log toward the beginning of the saw.
- Step back about 30 cm from the edge and saw stumps (billets) alternately on both sides, gradually moving to src=”https://dveridomaster.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/DSCF8954.jpg” width=”408″ height=”225″|fcw3qayjh5a| alt=”how to saw firewood” src=”https://dveridomaster.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/DSCF8959.jpg” width=”408″ height=”250″|fcw3qayjh5a| alt=”how to saw wood” src=”https://dveridomaster.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/DSCF8961.jpg” width=”408″ height=”254″[/img]
- The last saw has to be done twice. The first one, up to half and the second one, after turning over the remaining piece of log, is finally cut off. This is done to keep the chain from jamming.
Models with 35 cm saw blade
The longer the saw blade, the thicker the saw. But all the nodes in the tool are interconnected and adapted to a certain load.
Introducing the Makita UC 3520A cross-mounted chainsaw. Manufacturers don’t recommend using the tool when cutting more than 15 cm, but users can take their chances, some have seen 35 cm.
When tightening the chain, you should have a slight sag at the bottom, about 1 cm, check by pulling with your fingers without effort.
Well-balanced, easy to grip saw. Saws for medium-density raw and dry wood. The chain is adjusted very conveniently by turning the lamb and then clicking. A working hour should get about 200-300 ml of oil. A small oil leak when not in use can easily be repaired. But you must pay attention, the oil level is visible in the lower third, and you need to refill. Chain oil for chainsaws. What chain oil to use for chain saw lubrication? Chainsaws are a popular tool for those who have to do countless household chores without the help of others. They are used for various purposes. to cut firewood, dry branches However annoying it might sound, the device would have served long.
How to chain an electric chainsaw correctly
How to Attach a Chain to a Makita Electric Saw
How to Chain an Electric Saw Chain?
- Purpose of chainsaw chain
- Features of chainsaw cutting part
- Installing the chain: Features
- The process of pulling the track on the electronic saw
- How to change a cutting part of a saw?
To understand how to install the chain of electric saw, you can, carefully researching its purpose, construction, equipment features, checking the degree of tension of the track. It should be noted that this equipment is distinguished by the indescribable ease of use. Because all work is done quickly, smoothly and consistently.
Electric chainsaws are used in construction and home workshops for various tasks.
Purpose of chainsaw chain
In the near future there is an abundance of cutting tools. In order to provide the greatest convenience, it is purposeful to get higher quality copies.
Electric saws are used in construction to cut wood surfaces, constructions and home landscaping. It is an implement of practical value whose universal properties enable it to run on a biphasic motor. The sharp elements of this device are represented by chains of different configurations. Most of these machines have iron bars and chain wheels.
The main parts of a chainsaw.
Non-professional chainsaws are designed for a chain pitch of 3.25 inches. These dimensions significantly reduce the coefficient of vibration movements, but it does not have the best effect on the power of the device: it drops noticeably. High-quality machines have rows that move at 3/8″ and 0.404″ pitch. When buying a chainsaw one should pay special attention to the quality of the sharp part, i.e. е. tracks.
Features of the chainsaw cutting part
When buying an electric chainsaw, it is important to pay attention to the following components:
Circular saw. one of the tool varieties.
High-quality examples of such tools are characterized by the highest performance indicators. Such models are stable, do not change their data due to constant friction and can work under any unfavorable conditions. All chainsaws have 50 main links. Their step distance corresponds to 3/8, the groove. 1,3 mm. In some cases, the choice of this element depends on certain features:
- Follow closely the instruction manual of the electric chainsaw;
- information about the quality characteristics of the circuit;
- familiarity with the pitch of several links.
READ Repairing Partner 350 with Your Hands
Units with 52 links have a spacing of 38 with 1.3 mm slots and a bar spacing of 36 cm. Electric saws, used in the most difficult conditions, are equipped with tracks made of special alloys.
Chain installation: features
For a chainsaw to work properly, you need to monitor the proper operation of all its devices. A properly installed chainsaw is a safeguard against injury. Work on the installation is carried out with the use of devices:
Particular attention must be paid to the degree to which the chain is sharpened and tensioned. Check the working condition of the track at regular intervals:
- First, examine the saw bars, which are secured with the cover on the clutch.
- If chain needs to be renewed, nuts are loosened with a wrench. It is not allowed to remove the chain brake tension at the same time.
- The brake pad is moved to the side. Special attention should be paid to the slots that allow the chain element to be tensioned.
- On the left side the saw bars are moved, trying to touch the main sprocket. One of the chain elements is fastened to the drive piece, the shank is locked into the bar holes.
- Adjusting the screw allows for proper tensioning of this part. As the cover is put in place start tightening the nuts.
- The saw bar is put up and the nuts are tightened as far as they will go.
- Checking the distance of the track on the bar.
Makita UC 4020 chain saw
(Makita ) UC 4020 A presented by the online store AllInstrumenty.Ru. Consider.
!Chain and bar replacement on the Makita EA3203S40B chain saw!5
and tire on a Makita EA3203S40B chainsaw!5.
The electric chainsaw is another modern chainsaw.
Installing the chain should be done by checking the tensioning after each installation or replacement. Insufficient fastening of the part can cause it to jump off the base of the bar and injure the worker.
READ Where is the Breather Plug on a STIHL 180Chainsaw?
Check the tensioning value manually, putting gloves on the hands first. It is important to keep in mind that every chain changes its length when the machine is in use. This is the reason why it is important to check regularly.
Pulling the chainsaw on electric saws
Any circuit on the instrument must always be monitored. It is relatively easy to tighten:
- Examining the fuel tap. The system must be inhibited.
- Removing the candle wires or opening the decompression bolt.
- The plug of the saw is disconnected from the mains.
- A row turns according to its movement.
If the track is not properly tensioned, you will notice it sagging at the bottom. At the top it is necessary to have a constant reserve, arising in the process of pulling off the chain row. Excessive tensioning causes the saw chain to stop moving.
Do not adjust the chain if it is in working order.
For convenience and safety of storage electric saws are equipped with special covers.
Doing so will cause the tire to deform or cause the crankshafts to malfunction. Do not use tools to tighten the tracks. To maximize the life of this piece, install and tension it in good weather.
How to sharpen an electric saw chain with your own hands?
Many craftsmen perform chain sharpening of electric saw at the first symptoms of wear of its cutting teeth. However, there is no particular tool you can use for this procedure. You need a whole set of special equipment for the job. To do this, you will need:
- A flat file. this is needed to correct the depth stop;
- A circular file with reference lines;
- A reference file. it will help in determining the angle.
To sharpen the chain of your electric saw, the saw element should be left on the bar. The bar must be firmly clamped in a vice. The diameter of the file you need to use must match the diameter of the teeth of the chain. If you use a round file, make sure it must protrude no more than 1/5 of its length over the chain teeth. The first chain tooth to be sharpened must be marked with a marker so as not to go over the second circle.
Electric saw chain sharpening with your own hands should be done with precise and rhythmic movements and only in one direction. After making a few sharpenings, proceed to machining the limiter. over time it wears out and loses its shape. When sharpening, hold the caliber with its end face towards the edge of the limiter. If the limiter is too far out of caliber, it will need to be trimmed with a flat file. In doing so, the Caliper should be positioned strictly perpendicular to the bar of the power saw.
You can’t visually check if the chain is sharpened. The only way to know if you have done it right is when you are sawing the wood.
Models with 35 cm saw blade
the longer the saw blade, the thicker the saw. But all components in the tool are interconnected and adapted to a certain load.
Introducing the Makita UC 3520A cross-motor chain saw. Manufacturers do not recommend using the tool at more than 15 cm, but users can take a risk, some have seen 35 cm.
When tightening the chain you should have a slight slack at the bottom, about 1 cm, check by pulling with your fingers without effort.
The saw is well balanced, easy to grip. Saw wet and dry medium-density wood. The chain is adjusted very conveniently by turning the lamb and then clicking. For one hour of work, 200-300 ml of oil should be used. A small oil leak in the off position is easy to fix. But you must pay attention, the oil level is visible in the lower third and you need to refill. Chain oil for chainsaws. What oil to use for chainsaw chain lubrication? Chainsaws are a popular tool for those who have to do countless household chores without the help of others. They are used for various purposes. for making firewood, to cut off dry branches However frustrating it might sound, the device would have served long.
An electric chainsaw is used for a large amount of carpentry and carpentry work wherever there is an electrical outlet nearby. The efficiency of work with it largely depends on how properly tensioned the chain on its bar, because if the tension is weak, the chain will fly off the bar when the saw is working, and over-tensioned. it will create more load on the drive sprocket and the motor of the device. Here are some practical suggestions on how to tension the chain correctly on the bar of an electric saw, almost any Chinese model.
Installing the guide bar on the electric saw There is a slit on one end of the guide bar and two holes on each side of it. To install the guide bar, the slit on the special sprocket on the body of the electric saw, and one of the holes on the pin of the tensioning mechanism.
The second hole on the bar is used to transfer the oil from the oil channel to the bar groove.
Installing the chain Tighten the chain to the drive sprocket on the body of the saw, and to the sprocket at the end of the bar. When installing the chain, remember the correct chain rotation direction, which is usually indicated on the product.
After installing the chain, the chain drive sprocket is covered with a guard, and the clamping nut is not screwed all the way in to make sure that the guide bar is not completely clamped.
Chain tensioning Adjusting the chain tension on Chinese electric saws is done with a special tensioning screw, the head of which has a slot under the screwdriver. It is located at the end of the device case. To tension the chain more, turn it clockwise.
Turn the tensioning screw until there is no more slack in the chain. Afterwards it has to be twisted on the guide bar by hand in the direction of the body of the electric saw. this is necessary in order to “straighten” the chain teeth in the bar groove.
If the chain is loose after turning it, retighten it again. Then the guide bar is taken by its free end, lifted up to the stop and in this position the slack in the chain is eliminated again.
As the last step, the clamping nut on the chain guard that covers the drive sprocket must be tightened all the way. The bar is held in an “elevated” position. The correctly tensioned chain must be able to pull out freely by hand from the grooves on both sides of the bar by about 3-4 mm, and when lowered it must go back into the grooves.
When the chain is tensioned, it can be checked after a short field test to see if the chain is properly tensioned. To this end, it makes a few test cuts with it.
It is not uncommon for the chain on the guide bar to come loose after test cuts. This is what happens when the chainrings are dirty and the lubricant has dissolved them during use.
If this happens the chain must be tensioned again by loosening the clamping nut on the cover and lifting the free bar end upwards. Of course before you start, you need to unplug the chainsaw.
READ How to install a basketball hoop correctly
When the chain tensioning adjustment is finished, always check that the chain runs in the correct direction without tension, that it is not overtightened. to do this, unlock it by pressing the start button and pushing it forward by the teeth with a screwdriver. If it moves a little by inertia, it’s okay.
No oil in the chain, electric saw repair change the oil pump
Even the most reliable tool has its own degree of wear and tear, and it is periodically necessary to correct minor or.
Chainsaw fuel system: 1. fuel filter, 2. carburetor, 3. manual priming pump.
If the carburetor is adjusted correctly, it will use only as much fuel as is necessary. Otherwise it will run out too quickly.
It is normal for the fuel to run out slowly when the saw is in use. If it is missing, the chain is not lubricated properly, so the work with the chainsaw must be coordinated. You not only need to know how to troubleshoot problems, you also need to know how to find them yourself.
You can manually change the fuel flow. Proper operation of the lubrication system is determined by bringing the tire. If you see splashes of oil, it is working properly.
Shortening the chain with your own hands
As with any other part, chain
The chainsaw wears evenly, and constant load and operation in different temperature conditions causes the chainsaw to lengthen. In this case it is unrealistically tightened, it occasionally flies off the bar. Can it be repaired at home? As practice shows, this does not require any special equipment, skills or high qualification. In general, you should take care to have a vice, a file, a hammer, pliers and a punch. READ STIHL Longitudinal Sawing Chain
If you have all these tools, you can safely proceed with disassembly:
- Determine how the chain length has increased;
- Fixing chainin a vice;
- Use an emery board or rattler to grind away the protruding rivet heads, being careful not to hit the sides of the links;
- Dismantle the rivets with a punch or a crimping clamp;
Important: when disconnecting the links it is necessary to consider the guide tabs on the inner side. Between them and the drive sprocket should be a match.
- Remove the required number of links and fasten the chain ends together. To do this, use the old rivets;
- Break out the heads of the rivets with light hammer blows;
- Remove burrs and bulges with a rasp or file;
Important: rivet and rivet links can be fairly quickly, but should keep in mind that they will be weakened after the repair and will not be able to last a long time.
How to lubricate the chain of an electric saw. the procedure for beginners
As a rule, chainsaw chain lubrication is done with good quality automotive oil. The only important point. you should not use used compositions, because they will only harm the garden tool.
Before adding oil you need to disconnect the saw from the powerpack. If the electric saw is equipped with an automatic oil supply system, then the lubricant should be poured into a separate container of the tool, and then start working.
If you notice that the chain on the chain saw does not lubricate even if there is a lot of oil in the tank, then you first need to check the plunger pump tool. In most models it is made of soft plastic and the teeth on it deteriorate very quickly. In such cases it is expensive to replace the part, which is why many owners prefer to buy a new chain saw.
If your electric chain saw does not have an automatic oiling system, the chain is lubricated in a different way. To do this, dip the chain into oil and put it back on the chain saw. Lubrication of the chain must be plentiful, otherwise the saw’s engine will be subjected to heavy loads due to the lack of oil.
The chain is an important functional part of your chainsaw, which will have to be sharpened, repaired or completely replaced with a new one sooner or later. In order to do this correctly, you need to take into account the design and other peculiarities of this equipment.
How to extend the life of the chain?
To avoid accidentally “screwing up” the saw, use special high supports or “trestles” and make sure that the bar and chain do not come into contact with the ground. Cut must be free, without “bites”. If the teeth do not grip the wood, or if the tire moves with difficulty, it is time to sharpen it. Always follow the intervals. let your power saw rest. Lubricate the mechanism in good time and make sure it does not overheat.
Follow a few simple rules to extend the life of your power saw and make many good plans come true.
To evenly sharpen the saw blade of an electric garden saw, its owner has 3 options. The first method is manual. It consists of using two files, one round and one flat, and a holder needed to hold a round-shaped tool. A round file should be chosen with the pitch of the chain in mind. the bigger the pitch, the bigger the diameter of the file to be used. A flat file is needed to work the limiter, so it can be of any size.
The procedure for sharpening the chain with files is as follows:
While the cutter teeth are being regenerated, the template is applied to each one in turn. It has moving rollers on which the file slides while working on the chain. In this case the sharpening angle is not disturbed, which makes the restoration of each tooth even.
The only disadvantage of this method is the need to use a separate template for each specific type of cutting tool, taking into account the chain pitch, shank width, drive link and other parameters.
Read Flour organoleptic properties || Flour organoleptic properties
The third method of sharpening. the use of an electric machine. This is considered the easiest, fastest and most comfortable solution. Most machines come complete with metric and graduated scales that make it possible to reconstruct almost any chain, regardless of its pitch and number of links.
The use of an electric machine is suitable for people engaged in regular felling and log sawing. In other cases, buying specialized equipment is not practical.
To do this, the gardener will need a set that includes:
While dressing the teeth with a round file, the operator must always ensure that the surface of the file does not protrude over the chain teeth by more than 1/5 of its length. It is best to mark the first tooth to be sharpened beforehand, to avoid re-sharpening it later. All operator movements must be strictly in the same direction.
After each tooth is sharpened, you will need to go on to resharpen the tooth stop. To do this, you must hold the calibration tool against its edge. As a result, the end piece should be next to the limiter. Otherwise, the limiter may need to be repaired with a flat file. So the calibrator has to be perpendicular to the guide bar of the electric saw.