How To Tie A Wire On A Trimmer
In order to align the metal wire, it is necessary to expend not only certain efforts, but also apply a number of simple devices.
Sometimes, for household needs or in a workshop, it is required to use pieces of flat wire for work. But the question immediately arises: how to straighten the wire? After all, it is made in factories immediately packed in round bays. This form is very convenient for storage and transportation. Therefore, in order to make a metal wire straight, it is necessary to expend not only certain efforts, but also apply a number of simple devices.
- Straightening by rolling through a system of 5-6 pairs of rollers that are arranged sequentially in different planes so that each subsequent pair is perpendicular to the neighboring;
- Straightening by drawing through several specially made dies.
As a rule, such machines necessarily have a special device for automatically unwinding wire from coils or coils.
To work with elastic grades of wire and alloyed steel bar, the production technology provides for heating and tempering of the steel structure of the workpieces using gas burners or high-frequency inductive heaters.
How the industrial correct-cutting machine works can be seen in the:
How to align wire without a machine
Therefore, in order to align the metal wire from the bay, it is worth using the most common method of force tension, for this it is necessary to be guided by the following sequence:
- First you need to firmly fix one end of the wire in something massive and solid. To do this, wrap its end around the base of the support of the mowing line of power lines or a solid tree with a trunk diameter of at least 25 centimeters.
- Next, manually unwind the bay on the ground and, if possible, stretch it as much as possible.
- At the second end of the unwound wire, we make a loop and fix it in a device capable of pulling it with force, that is, moving a certain distance.
- Directly, the straightening process consists in slowly stretching the metal wire with great effort until it turns into a perfect string in shape. To fix the rectilinear shape, you can leave it in such a taut state for some short time, from about 5 to 30 minutes.
As a device for pulling, you can use a fairly wide range of devices, depending on the size of the diameter of the metal wire. So, for a wire of 2-3 mm in diameter, steel scrap can be enough with the effort of two strong men or the use of a manual mechanical winch. But straightening the wire for a diameter of 5 mm or more will require much more weighty efforts and for this you will need to use either the towbar of a personal car, or the dynamic power of a tractor or truck.
How to align the wire with your own hands
There are some of the most effective ways to align the wire. Depending on the choice, they will have slightly different results in terms of quality.
So, from simple to complex:
- You can remove creases on the wire by fixing both ends in your hands and begin to forcefully roll through the pipe or door handle.
- It is good to straighten the wire if you put its straightened segments on a flat surface of the workbench. Having covered with a wooden bar, start rolling it over it so that it can freely move. Only a few of these rolling give quite a good result.
- To straighten a soft copper wire, it must be fixed with one end at a height. To another to hang a not very heavy load, such that it could not tear it. By rotating the load clockwise and back a few turns around its axis, you can achieve the perfect result.
- Wire editing will occur according to a similar technique. If one end is secured in a vice, and the second is clamped in the chuck of a screwdriver or electric drill. The dressing process will occur from slow rotation and at the same time holding the wire in high tension. Just a few turns will be enough for full straightening.
- Also, a screwdriver or an electric drill will be needed to straighten small pieces of wire up to 30 centimeters. To do this, we make a spindle hole in the wooden block with a diameter slightly larger than the wire and pass one end of the rod through it. We fix this end in the cartridge and begin to slowly rotate, pulling the wire through the hole.
If you know your original way how to align the wire with your own hands, then please share it with us in the comments section.
While I am looking for dry wood for making cases, I’ll tell you how to pull the wire onto the hive frame. It’s good to pull it in such a way that it clangs like balalaika strings, but do not really strain, do not pull this wire with your bare hands.
I think this operation is important, because then a sheet of wax will be soldered to the strings. And how will he attach to a curve, a hanging wire? Also obliquely crooked, in waves. The bees will look and say: “Our master’s hands grow from one place, flew to look for another” And all your honey
When I made the frames, I also thought: how can I quickly and well pull the wire? 400 frames. If you just pull it with your hands, it won’t stay on your fingers I watcheds on Youtube and came across a of Gennady Stepanenko, in which he tells in detail how he equips the frames. I spied on his idea of adaptation and decided to make it myself.
Found a piece of an old countertop, a little larger in size than a hive frame. In places where the upper and lower trims of the frame will be located, nailed the stops from the pieces of the bar. From the side of the left side plank nailed the stop, also from a piece of the bar, with a ledge.
And on the right side, I fitted here such an eccentric lever on the axis.
If the lever is lowered down, then he will press the eccentric on the side rail.
Everything, the device is ready. For complete happiness, I also need small nails with which the glazing beads are nailed, wire cutters and a hammer.
And my father helped me. Many years ago he got a pipe, either an exhaust pipe, or something else, only its walls were woven from this very stainless steel wire. Just the one you need. 0.3 0.4 mm thick. He broke the pipe, and wound several such “horns” that are now useful.
I put the frame on my countertop.
The holes in the side planks have already been done when I made the frames, I drilled them right away. I drive in front of the top hole of carnations, but not completely.
On the diagonal of the frame, in front of the bottom hole, I hammer the second clove.
Next, I press the lever on the right side. It bends by 5 millimeters for sure.
The frame has the ability to move, so the left side also bends.
In this position, I thread the wire through the holes, starting from the upper right, where the clove is clogged.
The end of the string, which came out at the bottom of the left side, is wound on a carnation. One and a half turns.
And I hammer a nail to the end.
I bite off the rest of the wire, but not under the very head of the nail, but leaving 3-4 mm. It happens that you need to make a constriction, then the nail head can be lifted and, holding the left tail with pliers, unwind it, pull it harder. Only this tail is sharp as a needle, I press it into the wood so as not to get hurt.
Now, without making much effort, I pull the wire by hand, starting from the fixed edge.
I also fix the second end by wrapping it on a nail and hammering it to the end.
I lift up the lever with the clown.
In this case, the side strips are released, tend to straighten, and pull the wire completely, like a bow string. I check that the frame looks like a rectangle, not a rhombus. Sometimes you have to correct it.
That’s it, the stretch is such that you can play the strings, like a balalaika.
If you get the hang of it, then the whole procedure takes a minute and a half on the strength. And I pulled all my 400 frames in a few evenings. Here they are, in the attic, waiting in the wings.
Voshchina has already been purchased through the Internet, has already arrived by truck carrier, lies and smells throughout the workshop. I will navigate. I will definitely tell you.
And here, in fact, the from which I learned how to pull the wire onto the frame quickly and efficiently. Thanks to Gennady!
P.S. After two months of storage, the wire on the frame became very weak due to the fact that deeply cut through the wood. Now I pull like this.
To receive new blog articles on your e-mail, subscribe.
I would be grateful if you share the article on social networks: