How To Trim Baguettes In The Corners
How to fit a drawing in corners?
It is important that the drawing is continuous and even around the entire perimeter of the room. To do this, you need to correctly combine the pattern, and cut off the excess.
- The strips are also glued with an overlap. Leave an allowance for both walls.
- With a plastic spatula, the wallpaper is pressed against the corner.
- After gluing the second sheet, the wallpaper is trimmed according to the pattern. This method refers to wallpaper with a small pattern. Large patterns may require edge trimming.
Before gluing, you must first prepare the material for work by spreading the covering on the floor and studying the drawing. Segments are cut off after pattern matching.
Step-by-step instructions for gluing inner corners
When decorating, uneven walls and resulting folds in the wallpaper can become the main problem. It should also be borne in mind that with curved walls, the joints of the wallpaper can diverge.
- After gluing the latter in front of the inner corner of the web, the remaining distance must be measured. It is measured from the edge of the glued canvas to the adjacent wall, 10-15 millimeters are added to the resulting figure. If the walls are strongly curved, then the additional digit may be larger.
How to dock in corners?
It would seem that such a trifle as gluing corners in a room can completely ruin the whole work if done incorrectly. And if there is also a pattern on the wallpaper that needs to be customized, then it is worth approaching responsibly to the finish.
- The strip is glued in such a way that it goes to the adjacent side. The entry width should not be more than 5 centimeters.
The angle is leveled with a plastic spatula.
What to do if the corners are uneven?
Uneven walls are a common problem in older homes. Before starting to glue the topcoat, it is advisable to carry out preparatory work and put the surfaces in order. If the corners are visually even and do not require major repairs, it will be enough to walk with a hard cloth, removing small irregularities and dust. If the irregularities are noticeable with the naked eye, then it is better to do a little work before you start gluing the wallpaper.
After drying, the surface is leveled with putty or plaster.
How to glue the outer corner (outer)?
The protruding corner must be pasted over by analogy with the inner one, however there are slight differences that must also be taken into account when working.
- The distance from the pasted wallpaper to the adjacent wall is measured. 20-25 millimeters are added to the resulting figure.
- The segment is cut taking into account the added 20-25 millimeters.
- Before gluing, surfaces are treated with an adhesive.
- An even edge must be glued to the wallpaper already fixed on the wall, the side cut with your own hand “goes” onto the adjacent plane.
The joints are coated with glue and ironed with a roller. Then the top layer is cut off along a straight edge and the two layers are joined together.
Features of gluing meter wallpaper
Wide canvases are convenient because they allow you to finish with fewer seams on the surface. It is more difficult to glue them, but the result is worth it.
- Most often, one-meter wallpaper is made with a non-woven base and a vinyl covering, it is much easier to glue them. However, there are also wide paper products.
How to glue wallpaper in the corners: instructions, gluing the outer, inner corner, joining
In the article you can find the answer to the question of how to glue wallpaper in the corners. It is worth treating the finishing process with all responsibility, irregularities can be conspicuous, thereby spoiling the impression of a freshly made repair.
- Step-by-step instructions for gluing inner corners
- How to glue the outer corner (outer)?
- What to do if the corners are uneven?
- Features of gluing meter wallpaper
- How to join in corners?
- How to fit a drawing in corners?
- Features of cutting wallpaper in the corners
Features of cutting wallpaper in the corners
In order to get a perfectly even seam in the corner, you need to properly trim the excess.
- After the wallpaper is glued to the wall, an even metal ruler is applied, it can also be a spatula or a rule. To keep the cutting line even, you can use the level.
- With a sharp clerical knife, cut off the excess along the edge of the ruler, after which the top layer of wallpaper will come off.
- Gently pry on and remove the bottom layer of wallpaper, remove in the same way.
- The canvases are coated with glue and pressed tightly to the corner. As a result, the coating adheres tightly to each other.
It is not so difficult to glue wallpaper in the corners, but special care and accuracy is required. Today, there is a finishing method that allows you to do work without joints at all, namely liquid wallpaper. They are applied in an even layer and do not require such difficulties as adjusting the pattern, width, accuracy in rounded areas and other nuances.
The need to trim skirting boards
Installation of ceiling plinths (also called fillets) must be carried out using the correct technology. However, there are no difficulties in it. the vast majority of fillets are mounted with glue. It is enough just to properly coat the product and hold it in the right place for a while.
But with how to properly cut the ceiling plinth in the corners, questions arise. When arranging a ceiling, there is always a need to process corners. but their value can have both a standard value (for example, a right angle) or a certain deviation. The latter case is possible if the room has a complex shape, or if during the repair it was not possible to align it.
The fillets should fit perfectly evenly, regardless of the corners of the room. In addition, skirting boards often have to be cut at the outer corners. To carry out such work correctly, you need to stock up on the right tools and figure out how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth at home.
Styrofoam fillets are one of the cheapest options. However, the advantage in the form of low cost is offset by a large number of disadvantages. In particular, the foam itself is a rather brittle and soft material that is very easy to break. Even if you just squeeze such a product in your hand, it can deform.
Due to the low strength, it is very difficult to process foam skirting boards. If there is little experience in cutting such parts, then most of them in the process of work will become unusable, so all the benefits from the cheapness of the skirting boards will be leveled. A hacksaw or a well-sharpened knife is usually used to cut foam fillets.
Finished corner pieces
Unfortunately, this method is not relevant in all situations. The dimensions of the corners produced at the factory are adjusted to certain standards. but the skirting boards themselves do not always meet the standards. Of course, such details can be combined, but the result will look unaesthetic. If corners of a suitable size are not on sale, then you will still have to cut the baseboards yourself.
By and large, expanded polystyrene is a type of polystyrene that has an increased margin of safety. The cost of products from extruded polystyrene foam is slightly higher compared to foam, but the reliability of such skirting boards is much higher. It is already problematic to break such a detail.
Classic Baguettes. Martin Bakes at Home
Cutting styrofoam skirting boards requires any sharp tool, such as a construction knife or a hacksaw. Due to their high strength, it is much easier to work with such products. they practically do not break or deform during operation. There will be less waste in the end.
Pruning with a miter box
To give the plinth the required angle, a special tool is used. a miter box. Structurally, this tool is a tray made of wood, metal or plastic. In certain areas of the miter box, there are vertical slots that allow you to cut various parts at an angle of 45 or 90 degrees.
complex devices can be found on the market, in which, in addition to the angles already described, there is the possibility of a 60-degree cut. There is also a professional miter box equipped with a swivel mechanism. This tool differs from the simplified one in that it has the ability to fix the cutting blade at any angle. You need to know how to properly glue the ceiling plinth in the corners so that everything looks beautiful.
Cutting skirting boards for ceilings without miter box
You also need to figure out how to glue a ceiling plinth without a miter box. this tool is far from always available. One of these methods involves marking the skirting boards on the ceiling. Perhaps the only drawback of this method is the fact that it is not very convenient to keep the bar motionless while applying the markings. Otherwise, the method is quite reliable. the measurement accuracy is higher, since when the plinth is applied to the place, all errors become noticeable.
Another method is associated with corner trimming of the baseboard. The edges of the two joining workpieces are cut at right angles. One of the planks is applied directly to the corner, after which a fishing line is applied to the ceiling along the contour of the plinth. The same operation is repeated with the opposite skirting board.
The point at which the two separate mowing lines intersect is the mark at which the skirting board will need to be cut. The workpieces are again applied to their places in turn, the cut mowing line is marked on them. A straight line is drawn from the mark to the opposite edge of the part. The skirting boards are cut in accordance with the markings applied to them and are joined in place. This method is an excellent answer to the question of how to connect the corners of the ceiling plinth without a miter box, especially when it comes to internal corners.
Features of cutting different materials
The following materials are used for the manufacture of ceiling plinths:
- Expanded polystyrene;
Each option has a number of characteristics, so they need to be considered separately.
How to cut the inner corner of baguettes
It is better to mark first from the inner corners. it’s easier to avoid mistakes.
- Measure the required length of the plinth;
- install it in the miter box so that its position in the tray is the same as on the ceiling;
- press the bar with your left hand to the far side of the miter box;
- place the hacksaw at an angle of 450 so that its handle is close to the left hand;
- cut the plinth. here it is important not to overdo it with pressure;
- place the reciprocal plate also against the far wall, pressing it with your right hand;
- hold the hacksaw at an angle of 450, bringing its handle closer to the right hand;
- trim the skirting board.
How to cut styrofoam with a soldering iron
You will need a soldering iron, screwdriver, pliers and copper wire.
Remove the working tip. Use a pair of pliers to bend the wire in half and measure on it a length equal to the length of the tip. Bend the excess ends. Leave about 1/3 of the length of the working tip, and “bite off” the rest with pliers. Insert the improvised copper “tip” with the thicker side into the soldering iron.
Secure with a screwdriver and plug in the tool. The heated copper wire literally floats on the foam in the direction you need. It is possible to pre-apply the mowing line of the cut to the material.
How to cut styrofoam with string
The cold wire cutting method is simple to perform and does not require anything other than the string itself and the foam. It is also suitable for cutting PPS ceiling plinths.
Stretch the steel string and perform movements similar to cutting with a two-handed saw. The foam will heat up from friction, and the string will go through it like clockwork.
How to cut baguettes to join outside corners
- Mark by applying the molding to the ceiling;
- place the bar in the miter box tray and press it with your left hand against the near wall;
- hacksaw. at an angle of 450, handle. next to the left hand;
- cut off the bar;
- press the recipient with your right hand to the same side;
- hacksaw in a mirror position. at an angle of 450, handle. to the right hand;
- make a cut and join the corner.
This method is suitable if the corners of the room are straight. If they are not equal to 900, then a regular miter box may not work. Try other ways.
How to trim a baguette without a miter box
Instead of a miter box, you can arm yourself with a pencil and. a ceiling! Marking in place allows you to join the plinth in corners of any size. even straight lines or with flaws.
- Cut the planks that will be adjacent at an angle of 900;
- rest one of them with its butt against the wall and draw a fishing line along the contour of the baguette;
- rest the striker against the perpendicular wall and also outline one side of it;
- the point of intersection of the lines. control, according to which you will need to make a cut;
- again attach each of the cornices to its place and transfer the control point to them;
- draw the line from the control point to the top of the other corner of the plank, cut along it.
The skirting boards can now be joined at the desired location. We have described how to cut baguettes without a miter box in the inner corners. In a similar way, you can outline the necessary points for external.
How to cut styrofoam figuratively
The foam begins to melt under the influence of high temperatures. This property of the material is widely used for decorative cutting of foam plastic. The thermal cutter’s transformer supplies electricity to the arcs, which heat the tensioned wire. Hot strings, in turn, cut the foam along the path specified by the drawing.
The professional tool allows you to apply curly nozzles, recreate complex sketch elements and achieve high cutting speeds.
How to cut a polyurethane skirting board
Polyurethane is a fairly strong material, so a stationery knife is not suitable for cutting such a baguette. This can be done with a hacksaw or a miter saw. For the first tool, you will need a miter box to mark the corners. The circular saw is equipped with a scale for adjusting the corners, so you do not need a miter box. But this tool is expensive.
Polyurethane skirting boards can melt when cut. Sometimes this happens because the blade is not sharp enough. Therefore, before cutting the polyurethane with a miter saw, sharpen the knife or spray it with cold water from a sprayer.
How to connect the planks if the corner is uneven
In city apartments, and especially in old ones, the walls are rarely even. Therefore, the angles between them are often not right at all. How to properly saw down the ceiling plinth in this case?
In fact, it is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance. You just need to measure the angle. To do this, you can use a special tool malku, or just make a template out of paper and use a protractor.
An uneven angle can be measured using a small protractor
Divide the resulting angle by two, draw the corresponding “miter box” on the plywood and cut the strips. Next, you just need to connect them with glue.
How to cut the corners of a ceiling plinth
The most difficult part when installing ceiling and floor skirting boards is the corner design. It is necessary to dock the planks in such places very carefully, otherwise the appearance of the decor will be hopelessly spoiled. Of course, you can use quite aesthetic special corner pieces.
However, naturally docked planks usually look more harmonious. And in this case, you will not have to spend money on additional parts. Therefore, later in the article, we will consider how to cut the corner of the ceiling plinth correctly and how to process the seam.
- Trimming the ceiling plinth
- What is miter box?
- Cutting the skirting board in the miter box
- What to do if there is no miter box?
- How to connect the planks if the corner is uneven
- How to finish finishing the corners
- Corner pieces for ceiling plinths
- How to properly trim your floor plinth
Cutting the ceiling plinth in the miter box
Trimming in a miter box is done as follows:
- The right strip is placed in the tray from left to right with the wrong side to the bottom (with the part that will subsequently adjoin the ceiling). The part of the abutment to the wall should be leaning against the side board of the tray (closest to you);
- The bar is pressed tightly against the tool and is cut through the slot.
How to make a corner of a ceiling plinth
[su_label type = “warning”] Important: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# fdffcd”] When trimming, remember that the edge of the skirting board adjacent to the wall should be longer than the edge adjacent to the ceiling when decorating the inner corner. When decorating the exterior, the opposite is true. [/ Su_highlight]
- A second ceiling strip is inserted into the tray from right to left and cut off;
- The finished planks are attached to the corner and the joint is adjusted with a knife;
Planks are attached to the corner and an adjustment is made
- How to join the corners of the skirting board? You can do this from a stepladder right on the wall. But this is not very convenient, therefore, experts advise to combine and glue polyurethane and foam elements with each other on the floor with special glue for joints.
The corner is best glued before installing the skirting board on the walls.
How to cut a skirting board:
What is miter box?
Cutting planks at an angle of 45g is done in a miter box
How to finish the corners
We have figured out how to cut the corner of the ceiling plinth. Now let’s see how to finish the joints. How to cover the joint in the corner? In the event that a small gap remains here, the filling can be done with an ordinary putty to match the color of the baseboard. Joints can also be sealed with silicone sealant.
The gap between the planks in the inner corner can be filled with putty
[su_label type = “warning”] Important: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# fdffcd”] Only the inner corner can be sealed with putty or sealant. The outer should be fitted as closely as possible. It will be simply impossible to remove even a small gap in the future imperceptibly here. Especially when the skirting board is wide. [/ Su_highlight]
Corner pieces for skirting boards
Cutting ceiling strips when using corner elements (special connectors) is also usually done in a miter box. How to cut the planks in this case? It’s very simple. the cut is done at right angles. If there is no tray, you can use a regular protractor or square. Corner elements (photo):
When using corner elements, the strips are cut at right angles
Trimming the ceiling plinth
Ceiling skirting boards are made from a wide variety of materials. foam, polyurethane foam, plastic, wood. To trim them, the tools available in every home can be used. Styrofoam strips are cut with scissors or a knife. The wooden plinth is cut with a hacksaw for wood. How to cut a plastic skirting board is also not a question. You can saw it with an ordinary hacksaw for metal.
What to do if there is no miter box?
Thus, we figured out how to cut down the ceiling plinth (the video above may help someone figure it out better) using a miter box. But what if this tool is not at hand? In fact, you can adjust the slats exactly without using it. There are two main ways to solve this problem: marking directly on the wall and making an imitation of a miter box.
In the first case, the procedure is as follows:
- The left strip is tightly pressed against the ceiling;
- With a pencil, a fishing line 1 is drawn directly on the ceiling along its upper edge;
How to properly cut a ceiling plinth without a miter box. Making the first line
- Next, the right ceiling element is attached to the ceiling and a fishing line 2 is drawn;
- A mark is placed at the intersection of the edge of the right plank with line 1;
The second line is drawn and a mark is put on the plinth
- Next, the left element is again attached to the ceiling;
- A mark is also placed at the intersection of its upper edge with line 2;
- Now on each strip you need to connect the marks with the end of the lower edge of the plinth;
Then, according to the resulting mowing line, the actual cutting of the plinth at an angle is performed.
Without the use of a tray, mounting the planks in the corner can be quite neat
In order to cut an even corner, you can also use an imitation of a miter box:
- Draw two strictly parallel mowing lines on a smooth plywood sheet;
- We put a point on one of them and, using a protractor, connect it to the second line at an angle of exactly 45g (draw to the left);
- At a distance of 10 centimeters to the left of the first point, we put the second;
- We connect it with the second line at an angle of 45g (we draw to the right).
How to cut the corner of a ceiling plinth using an imitation miter box
The impromptu miter box is ready. Now it remains to attach the right ceiling element (wrong side) with the lower edge to the right side of the mowing line closest to you and cut. The same with the left bar (only you need to apply it on the left).
[su_label type = “success”] Tip: [/ su_label] [su_highlight background = “# e5fec3 ″] You can cut styrofoam strips with a knife. However, sharpen it properly. Otherwise, the material at the ends will simply crumble. [/ Su_highlight]
Petit Baguettes (Moroccan Baguettes) / الكومير
How to cut a skirting board without a miter box:
With soft inserts
Models of skirting boards with soft inserts are used more often. Since they are characterized by low cost and soft structure. The joints on such fillets are not visible during installation.
By texture and shape, these models are divided into narrow, wide, convex and smooth.
- When to salt the liver when frying. How to fry the liver so that it is juicy, tasty and soft. All the secrets of cooking!
- How to write painting or painting correctly. Painting or coloring how to do it right
- How to paint a laminated chipboard cabinet. How to paint laminated chipboard
- Uneven ceiling how to mask. How can you fix a low and crooked ceiling?
- Choosing curtains for the bedroom
- Bathroom interior design in gold color
- Do-it-yourself cardboard track for cars. DIY children’s racing track
- Ceiling skirting boards, how to cut a corner correctly. How to properly cut the ceiling plinth in the corners at home without a miter box Video and Photo
- Ceiling plinth. fillet
- Skirting materials and cutting methods
- Factory ready corners
- Skirting boards for stretch ceilings. Ceiling plinth for stretch ceilings types and advice when choosing
- With rigid inserts
- With soft inserts
- Gypsum fillets
- Floor skirting board. Skirting board
- Video how to cut corners on a skirting board / how to cut an inner corner on baguettes
Among the variety, plaster models are distinguished. moldings. In the interior, gypsum molding can mask any imperfections in the wall surface.
Gypsum plinths are fireproof and sufficiently moisture resistant.
The next option is plastic skirting boards. With such models, you can create an imitation of stone, metal, cork, wood or even natural stucco.
Plastic models are strong and light in weight, as well as glue with chemicals can be used with polyurethane fillets. However, due to the lack of great flexibility, plastic ceiling plinths are not used on curved wall sections. And when installing them, it is better to use screws and dowels.
A very convenient option can be a plastic ceiling plinth with a cable channel. In such a model, it is easy to hide, for example, electrical wiring or a network cable.
Ceiling skirting boards, how to cut a corner correctly. How to properly cut the ceiling plinth in the corners at home without a miter box Video and Photo
Ceiling plinth. fillet
To do this correctly, it is important to strictly follow the existing recommendations and rules for finishing work. And then the result will please you.
There are no difficulties in attaching the fillet (this is the name of this element): in fact, all types of products are attached to reliable glue.
So that even inexperienced repairmen do not have any difficulties. They are worried about something completely different: how to cut the ceiling plinth correctly? In fact, almost every room, no matter how intricate it may be, is equipped with corners.
And in these inner corners, the individual elements of the plinth should be nicely and evenly joined. And in rooms of a particularly complex configuration, you will have to be smart about the outer corners. Let’s try to figure out how to be in each of these situations, and how to cut the desired part using the available tools.
Skirting boards for stretch ceilings. Ceiling plinth for stretch ceilings types and advice when choosing
Today, stretch ceiling coverings are very popular. This fact is due not only to simple installation, but also to a minimum of care for the future ceiling. When installing a stretch coating, the ceiling surface does not need processing, as, for example, when using ordinary plaster.
A special moment when installing stretch ceilings is given to ceiling plinths / fillets. Ceiling skirting boards for stretch ceilings are used for finishing the junction of the wall surface with the ceiling. That is, it is both a decorative design element and at the same time a practical method to close the gaps between the wall and the ceiling. The skirting board acts as a kind of stub.
Often consumers ask the question “Is a plinth necessary for stretch ceilings?” Of course, you can not use ceiling plinths with stretch ceilings. But then the interior will have an incomplete and unfinished look. And the surface of the ceiling, fixed with this element, looks much better than without it.
In addition, it helps to hide the flaws of the renovation (if any) and gives the room an aesthetic appearance.
Before you start installing stretch ceilings, you need to decide on the type of ceiling plinth.
So which ceiling plinth to choose for a stretch ceiling?
There are several types of ceiling plinth for stretch ceilings. They are separated depending on the source material. Accordingly, this is due to the various properties / characteristics of ceiling fillets.
Currently, the building materials market offers the following types of ceiling plinths:
- with rigid inserts;
- with soft, flexible inserts;
- plaster fillets;
- decorative inserts.
How to choose skirting boards for stretch ceilings?