How To Turn On The Gas Trimmer
Gas mowers and trimmers are very convenient, compact and maneuverable, suitable for work in any country house. They cope with grass in areas with different terrain and different sizes. Especially advantageous is their use in narrow, inaccessible places for a lawn mower. In addition, they are cheaper and easier to maintain than a lawn mower.
- Gas trimmer: purpose of the tool in the country
- Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
- Lawn mowers
Gas trimmer: purpose of the tool in the country
The lawn trimmer is, in fact, a scythe for grass on gasoline. It is used for mowing decorative grass (leveling, cutting), for mowing weeds, for mowing grass on hay.
The trimmer does this quickly and accurately, in addition, it is lightweight and easy to maintain and does not require large storage space. The main thing that distinguishes the trimmer from a lawn mower.
With a trimmer you can not only cut grass and herbaceous plants, it perfectly cuts not thick (2.5-3 cm in diameter) branches of trees and shrubs. So it replaces the secateurs in the garden.
Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
Consider the different types of gasoline trimmers and find out what kind of work is best suited for each of them.
Used for mowing weeds and grass in adjacent areas. This is a lightweight tool with a curved handle with a power of 1 horsepower or a little more. Such trimmers are suitable for small volumes of work or infrequent mowing, haircuts.
When purchasing a household tool, you need to know how to use a grass trimmer. It needs to rest every 20-25 minutes of work, otherwise it may fail. But at the same time, the household trimmer has a moderate gas mileage and excellent maneuverability.
Their power is higher. 2-3 liters. S., respectively, and gasoline for a professional trimmer is consumed more. Such a trimmer performs a much larger amount of work and has a knife in the configuration, that is, shears both grass, and thin branches, shrubs.
It is also equipped with a shoulder strap and anti-vibration system. But also at work it requires rest every 30 minutes and cleaning the cutting part of the grass.
They are similar to professional ones, but they can also trim the lawns, that is, their trimmed canvas will be homogeneous, even and beautiful.
Not only grasses, branches and shrubs mow, but even young trees can cut. They have a capacity of over 3 liters. With. They can work without interruption for several hours in large areas.
How to choose a gas trimmer for a summer residence, selection criteria
Before choosing a gas trimmer, you need to at least briefly know the main parameters of the tool. The key to choosing a gas trimmer will be how often you plan to use it and what area it is intended for.
Based on this, the best gas trimmer for your particular site is selected according to the power and performance of each individual model.
Type and engine power
The best gas trimmers do not have to have the greatest power. If you have a small lawn. The most powerful trimmer is not required for her. A good medium power gas trimmer is fine. But if the cultivated area is large and there is a need to work on it for 6-7 hours a day, then you need a more powerful trimmer.
By the type of suspension, trimmers are straps. The best option for infrequent use, and trimmers with a knapsack suspension. These are best taken with a constant, almost daily load on the tool.
By type of drive, gas trimmers come with a straight shaft or with a metal cable. It is better to take a tool driven by a direct shaft. They are more wear resistant. By type of engine, gas trimmers are divided into two and four-cycle ones.
The former are filled with oil already mixed with gasoline, the latter have separate compartments for oil and gasoline. Push-pulls are considered more noisy, and their lifespan is often shorter. And four-stroke ones are more durable, more expensive to maintain and repair, but at the same time they work a little quieter.
The engine can be located in the upper or lower position. The ones located at the top are preferable. They are more convenient in operation, better cooled, more protected from clogging with grass and debris, and they, as a rule, have more power.
Knife and fishing line for trimmer
The line in the trimmer is used only for mowing grass. According to the type of pattern, several types of fishing line are distinguished:
- In the shape of an asterisk. For green decorative lawn or young grass;
- In the shape of a square. For tall grass with thick stems;
- In the shape of a circle. Universal view suitable for both lawn and woody and dry grass stems, leaves.
For cutting branches, cutting shrubs will need a knife. There are models equipped only with fishing line, and there are models with fishing line and with knives.
Weight and type of petrol trimmer handle
By the type of rod (handle), the trimmers come with a curved handle for small loads or with a straight one. For larger loads. The weight of the trimmer, as a rule, does not affect the operation of the instrument in any way, it matters to the person who works with it. If it’s a man, then you can take a heavier model, if a woman, then it’s easier.
When choosing an instrument by weight, you need to take into account the size of the trimmer’s gas tank. The larger it is, the heavier the trimmed trimmer will be (on average 0.6-1.5 kg).
Before choosing a trimmer for a lawn, study all the possibilities of each model. Some of them are endowed with additional useful functions. It can be a snow nozzle, anti-vibration system. For the convenience of hands, quick start of the trimmer with a decompression device, which increases the tool life.
Advantages and disadvantages of a gas trimmer in the garden
Advantages include mobility, versatility, and tool performance. Disadvantages. Not always a reasonable price, especially for multifunction mowers, and the noise of a working trimmer, even for models with reduced noise.
But, on the other hand, the tool has good power, performance, and besides, a gas trimmer can work in any weather (after rain, for example).
That’s all, how to choose a trimmer for a summer house or home. We want to decide and choose the trimmer that is suitable for your site, lawn or garden!
Which trimmer to choose: gasoline or electric
If you plan to mow the lawn, it is preferable to use an electric braid. Low-power units do an excellent job with young grass, because they have a small fishing line or a small diameter knife.
Cutting out a large area where shrubs grow can only be done with a garden trimmer with a gasoline engine. We will understand the differences between them to understand which trimmer is better. Gasoline or electric.
Electric braid: advantages and disadvantages
With the trimmer, everything is clear: plug into the outlet, pressed the button and the case. At work and in care is not picky. It is enough to clean the cutting head, blow through the cooling holes and periodically check the lubrication in the gearbox. The only thing is that you will have to carry it around because the operation of the tool does not depend on fuel and engine oil. Look at the location of the engine: the lower one adds maneuverability, but it is dangerous to mow raw grass. It can short-circuit.
|It is quieter than gasoline.||Doesn’t work without electric carry.|
|It works regardless of the quality of fuel and engine oil.||Low power.|
|It does not emit exhaust gases.||Does not mow the shrub.|
|Light weight.||High consumption of fishing line.|
Gas trimmer: 4 features
Gasoline trimmer requires gasoline and oil. The tank lasts for 30-40 minutes, then refueling is needed. It starts manually. By the handle of the starter. The operation is not complicated, a little training and everything will turn out the first time.
It depends on how quickly and easily the tool starts. Well, if it is equipped with a quick start (EASY START) or cold start (PRIMER):
- An easy start to a cold start is done by pumping fuel into the carburetor. This is done manually by a few taps on the PRIMERa membrane on the lawn mowing case;
- Manual EASY START provides start without jerking. With a smooth motion of the starter, energy is first accumulated. Then it is instantly released by rotating the shaft and starting the engine.
Look at the cubic capacity of the engine. It goes in the range of 25-52 cubic meters. You can mow with any trimmer, the question is speed.
- 25 cubic braids are lightweight, they are often made shorter with a barbell. They are suitable to mow down small areas near the curb or to line the fishing line. Such a model does not pull a large knife. And if he pulls, then only idle. For low-powered, multi-tooth knives (36-40 pcs) with holes in diameter are good. They are lightweight and mow no worse than heavy lawn mowers. But the old grass is not cut.
- If you need to mow on 10 acres, take the trimmer 43 cubic meters, it is optimal. 37 cubes is a little weaker.
- 52 cc is better in power, but heavy. A few hours of work and shoulders fall off. And balancing such a lawn mow is more difficult, because the knife and fishing line are lighter, and the motor is heavy. Outweighs.
– The standard length of the garden trimmer bar is 1.5 meters. This is convenient to hold: the motor does not hit side by side, the knife or fishing line mows parallel to the ground. But a lawn mow with a shortened barbell is better to take undersized. It is not convenient to work with tall and medium stature: you cannot lower it below (the engine interferes). As a result, the gearbox mows unevenly: the front part is mowed under the root, and the back is 3-5 cm higher. Uneven sections will be obtained.- Units with connections on the bar are convenient for transportation, but more often break. The stainless steel rod is more durable, but heavier. Aluminum facilitates construction.
– Curved rods are beautiful, but close to the legs. Not comfortable to work with. They have a flexible shaft that is not as durable as a straight shaft.
Pressure duty cycle: 2 or 4 stroke
Work is work: you get it somewhere, a little bit and a little. The piston flies.
- The 4-stroke unit saves fuels and lubricants. Oil is poured into a separate container, it does not fade. Such models last longer because they overheat less. Whoever has to mow a lot should take a closer look at the four-stroke model.
- The 2-stroke fuel is fueled with a mixture of gasoline and oil. Since the oil burns with gasoline, it goes over five times. But such models have a simplified piston system, so there’s nothing to break there.
See table comparing the duty cycle of a 2-stroke and 4-stroke lawn mowers.
A four-stroke trimmer is a pleasure to mow. But if you often have to “drive” gas, a 2-stroke is better. These models are capable of developing up to 10 thousand revolutions and higher. I recommend running trimmers for home use Patriot, Sadko, Oleo-Mac, Interskol.
One-sided clamp is adjustable in height, two-sided. No. On the one hand. Well, it does not spin. But its level remains unchanged. And this plays a role. For example, mowing with a small knife will be normal, but if you put a larger diameter, the grass will clog. It is difficult to mow thick and reclining greens.
Convenience of working with the device depends on the design of the handle.
– D-shaped is a good choice for mowing grass and cutting trees.- J-shaped is suitable for mowing tall thickets.
– T-shaped (bicycle). A universal option for processing large areas. It allows you to hold the lawn mower firmly with both hands. Facilitates mowing and increases maneuverability. Well, if the control unit is placed on the handle, it is impossible to tear yourself away from such a trimmer until the fuel runs out.
Grass Trimmer. Petrol or Electric: Comparison Chart
|Willingness to work||–|
Natalyay: “We use an electric model, we have to carry around a carry. Our trimmer is not equipped with a knife, therefore, having stumbled upon a sprouted shrub in the grass, we have to change the line. It’s risky to wind a wire in the tall grass on a carry (this happened to me this summer. It’s good that I noticed on time). Now we are thinking about acquiring gasoline“.
Svobodnuy: “And I chose a gas trimmer for the following reasons: practicality. Not tied to an outlet and carrying is not confused; power. The electric just relaxes, especially when mowing grass, in which there are many weeds“.Source: indasad.Ru
Llolla: “We use a trimmer. True, we have a small lawn, so you can vary the range with an extension cord. I can’t even imagine how I could bear the smell of gasoline“.Source: indasad.Ru
Ruslanauskas writes about Intertool DT-2242: “I use an electric braid from time to time. I mow thickets of rough grass to a meter. It is convenient to maneuver and control in tight places or where you need to carefully mow without touching the flowers. It is easy to work with this trimmer, quickly assembled, noisy louder than a drill, but quieter than an angle grinder. A very powerful knife in a steel kit. One drawback: with such a hold (the right hand by the handle on the engine body) hands quickly get tired“.