How to unscrew the disk on a circular saw
Recommendations for disc selection
When selecting the disc, the technical parameters of the circular saw must be taken into account:
- motor power;
- maximum RPM;
- seating size on the motor shaft
- inside diameter of blade guard.
Motor power affects the type of disc. a negative angle, a large number of teeth create a heavy load on the motor, which will have to work in “peak” mode.
RPM or spindle speed are related to certain blade dimensions that are recommended by the manufacturer. Installation of the cutting tool with deviations from the recommended ones may lead to abnormal operation, which may result in disk and saw breakage and spoilage of the processed material.
disc seating dimensions (inside diameter) and corresponding motor shaft must be the same, otherwise the tool cannot be mounted on the saw.
Outer dimension of disc cannot exceed inner dimension of shroud. tool will not fit on the saw if this parameter is violated.
The work to be done and the material to be machined. Since different discs are produced, it is necessary to determine the types of operations (what types of cuts will be made), as well as take into account what will be processed by the cutting tool.
Depending on the type of operation and material, the type of disc is selected: monolithic or carbide-tipped.
The machining mode and type of material determine the number of teeth, their type and inclination. The most popular is the average number of teeth with a trapezoidal sharpening with a positive inclination.
The main faults and their signs
Typical problems with handheld circular saws include.
HS7010 Makita Circular Saw Disassembly
- The saw does not turn on. The mains cable, the electric plug, the start button or the electric brushes may be defective.
- The motor of the tool gets very hot. These symptoms can be caused by inter-turn short circuits (breaks) in the armature or stator coils, or by the unit being operated too intensively.
- Gearbox in the machine is overheating. The unit may overheat due to bearing failure or lack of lubrication in the gears.
- Brushes are sparking. This is usually caused by excessive brush wear.
- Burning ring visible around the motor manifold. If you see a circular spark around the engine collector when the machine is running, the spark could be a faulty armature winding or graphite dust clogging the space between the collector lamellae.
- The machine does not develop the required power. The power drop could be caused by a mains voltage drop, a defective motor winding, worn electric brushes or a faulty start button.
- A grinding noise or other noises during machine operation. These symptoms can be caused by broken gear teeth or defective bearings.
- Engine hums, but unit does not run. There may have been a jam in the gearbox.
Almost all troubleshooting of electric circular saws can not be done without partial or complete disassembly of the machine. To disassemble the Interskol electric handsaw completely, proceed as follows.
- Remove the angle and depth adjustment screws from the bottom of the machine.
- Press the gearbox shaft stop button and with an Allen key unscrew the screw that holds the saw blade.
- Pull aside the lower guard and remove the circular saw blade.
- To remove the soleplate, first unscrew the fasteners on its underside.
- Next, it is necessary to use two screwdrivers to remove the Zieger ring, which locks the rod, on which the sole rotates, to change the angle.
This completes the disassembly of the circular saw.
How to change a disc on a crosscut saw
Circular saw. a tool that not everyone is familiar with. It can be used for many materials, but is not often needed in the home. The saw is mainly used by professional trimmers. But if you are planning to do the repair yourself, it makes sense to get hold of this tool to make the process easier.
In addition to mastering the operation of the device, you need to be familiar with its consumables. The main such element is the cutting disc.
Pressure washer for circular saw?
The flange or washer holds the disc securely in place. Different saw models have a flange that is either separate from the screw or welded to it.
Main function of the pressure plate is to press the saw blade evenly against the pulley. A properly installed pressure washer must sit symmetrically on the disc.
The basic and main rule when replacing a circular saw blade is to completely disconnect the tool from the power supply. To avoid accidental injuring by saw teeth it is better to use gloves.
Setting up the circular saw. step by step instructions with photos
If the circular saw becomes less efficient, it is possible that the equipment has simply not been serviced for a long time. Spend some time on preventive cleaning and make a number of adjustments with your own hands. You will immediately see a difference in the operation of your “circular saw”.
Unplug the circular saw before servicing and do not operate the circular saw until the work is completed.
Working with a circular saw
Step-by-step instructions for working with a circular saw
When working with a hand held circular saw
The following procedure should be followed:
- Connect the circular saw to the power supply before starting work. Use an extension cord if your power supply is far away. The saw must receive sufficient electrical power for normal operation. Check cable insulation before plugging in and make sure the switch on the saw is off.
- The wood you are sawing needs to be secured to a flat surface.
- Then set the depth of cut. This figure is determined by using the scale that is on the tool. During operation, the blade must be within the material, otherwise you will ruin the table. Experts recommend that the cutting depth be set a little shallower than necessary to avoid damaging the workbench.
- After checking the setting of all the mechanisms, turn on the cutting mechanism. Start cutting while the saw blade is rotating. Maintain a smooth and even motion along the mowing line of the saw.
- When you finish your work with the saw, turn off the switch and unplug it.
Rental and rental of titers or plunge saws
In repair without a saw anywhere. Always have something to cut or saw. In the good old days they were able to use a hacksaw or corrected canvases, making homemade handles, etc. Д. And now. beauty! With each type of work you can find a sharpened tool. Only for the convenience of sawing there are many varieties of saws. Our company offers saw rentals for various purposes, in particular in this article we will talk about renting a crosscut saw Metabo KS 254 Plus and renting a plunge-cut saw TS 55 from Festool.
The main difference between the Miter saw from the plunge saw is the ability of the latter to work by weight, while the former is more like a machine. Simply put, the plunge saw travels over the material, while underneath the saw it must be stacked.
Why It’s Profitable? Cake Rental or Plunge Saw Rental? Of course, the savings. We did a little work, got the job done, and returned the saw. Nothing brings more positive results with minimal cost.
What to choose, plunge saw or miter saw? Although one and the same can be cut, you need a clear understanding of the scope of work. Because if you need to work on the floor, any sheet material, there is a suitable surface to work on, such as a workbench and free space on the floor, then this case can be assigned to the plunge saw. If your activities are limited to cutting parts, then the saw is just for you. As a rule, the latter is used for installing doors and windows, as well as for trimming casings and gates. And the first, more suitable for cutting material, although it can also be cut. Therefore, before deciding to rent an end saw or plunge-cock saw all the pros and cons.
Join AIR affiliate program. Referral link.
Design and principle of a circular saw
The manual circular saw differs from the coping saw in the lack of a frame with a rotary table and the placement of the handle. But in general, both models are similar in internal structure, the principle of operation and do not differ in complexity of design. The following figure shows the design of a handheld circular saw.
The machine includes the following basic elements.
- Upper guard with a hole for sawdust ejection.
- The housing that houses the electric motor and the start button. Some electric saw models can be battery operated. The battery pack is also mounted on the housing.
- Lower (movable) safety guard, which automatically closes the cutting element after it leaves the workpiece.
- Circular saw blade. Is secured to the gearbox shaft with a nut or bolt.
- Parallel stop. Makes a clean cut without the need for accessories.
- Machine base plate. Can be installed at different angles to the workpiece or guide bar.
- Depth regulator. With it, the blade can be adjusted in respect to the base plate.
- Adjuster for inclination of the base plate. Makes it possible to tilt the unit for cutting at an angle.
This tool works in accordance with the following principle. Power supplied by mains or battery by the start button, which breaks the chain. When the start button is pressed, current flows to the electric motor. Below is the electrical diagram of the unit.
The electric motor starts and transmits the rotary motion through the gearbox to the saw blade. The unit is mounted with a sole on a workpiece or guide bar, after which the process of both longitudinal and transverse sawing is performed.