How to Use a Bosch Dishwasher
Here, finally, you have purchased and installed a dishwasher. You have one step left until you forget what it means to wash dishes by hand. But this step must be done correctly, because otherwise your brand new dishwasher Electrolux, Bosch or any other can hopelessly break.
This is the first launch of a new dishwasher. We will talk about how to start the dishwasher correctly for the first time, what actions to do in the future before each start, and in general how to operate the machine better so that it cleans dishes better and safer.
Getting ready for the first launch
The first launch of the dishwasher Electrolux, Bosch or any other is a kind of familiarity with the new technology. Do not hesitate to be curious, the more you will seek to know the dishwasher, the faster you will learn how to use it correctly. Experts have developed a certain procedure that is recommended to be performed before the first launch of the dishwasher, let’s look at it.
- You must make sure that the dishwasher Electrolux, Bosch or any other is plugged in and the water tap is open.
- We open the washing chamber and make sure that the impeller rotates normally, the filters (which are nearby) are installed, and there are no foreign objects on the walls of the chamber, such as stickers, foam balls, etc.
- Next, you need to get the starter kit for dishwashers. It is specially designed by the manufacturer in order to start the dishwasher for the first time. Our choice of filtero is up to you, our experts prefer Filtero, although there are many other good options. Read more in the article Starter kit for a dishwasher.
- The first thing we need to get from the starter kit is salt. Salt is needed in the dishwasher to regenerate the ion exchanger resins, which in turn serves to soften hard water. Salt should always be present in a special salt tank, this should be strictly monitored. Pour a little water into the salt tank, and then add salt to it and stir.
- Now we take out a special powder from the set for the first start of the dishwasher and put it in a special cuvette for detergents in the powder compartment. Instead of powder for the first run, you can use ordinary powder for dishwashers.
Important! In most starter kits, there is no powder for the first run, it is available in the Filtero kit.
- Then you can turn on the Electrolux dishwasher or another and select a washing program. Find the longest high temperature wash program and run it idle. When you start the dishwasher for the first time, the baskets should be empty. Save dirty dishes for a second run.
- The first start of the dishwasher with special tools is designed to clean the inside of the unit of dust and engine oil residues, so that later all this does not get on the dishes. At the end of the program, make sure that the wastewater has normally gone into the sewer, unplug the machine and open the door so that moisture evaporates from the washing chamber.
How to Use a Bosch Dishwasher
How to run the dishwasher in the future?
The first launch was successful, which means that the dishwasher is ready for long-term operation in normal mode. How to run a dishwasher every day, because just like that, “as God puts it into your soul,” you can’t do it. In this case, there are also rules, which, incidentally, are described in the instructions for the dishwasher. Let’s understand these rules and remember them well!
- Before each dishwashing, do not forget to add detergent and rinse aid.
- Load the dishes in the baskets correctly, according to the instructions. Do not overload the baskets, this will affect the quality of the sink.
- Before laying dishes in washing baskets, do not forget to clean dishes, cups, spoons, etc. From food debris, since large pieces do not pass through the filter, clogging it.
- Before each start, check how well the rocker rotates, and if its nozzles are clogged with dirt. In addition, also inspect the filters and clean them if necessary.
- Choose a washing program that is adequate to the level of contamination of the dishes; there is no need to spend too much water and electricity on lightly soiled dishes and bowls.
Note! Each time, check if there is salt in the tank, and in what condition it is, if necessary, add water to it.
To dishwasher Electrolux, Bosch or any other well washed dishes, while not spending too much time, water and electricity, you need to choose the right washing program. Over, you need to study all the “available in the arsenal” of your dishwasher program, so that in case of use. Most users do not bother much, choose the most convenient program for them, and then use it constantly in all cases, even when it is unjustified.
Experts at the first stage advise you to take instructions for the dishwasher and read a brief description of all washing modes. At the second stage, each mode needs to be deliberately turned on at least once, and note the strengths and weaknesses of each program for itself, because it is not for nothing that the manufacturers tried to develop them. What washing modes are most demanded by users, let’s give examples.
- All without exception, fast modes. Fast washing modes are those whose duration does not exceed 45 minutes.
- Pre-rinse. This mode is needed when it is necessary to wash dishes with highly dried food, it is a kind of analogue of soaking.
- Economic washing. This mode is useful for lightly soiled dishes. In this case, quite a bit of water and electricity is spent.
- Intensive washing. A program for washing very dirty dishes, well suited if you need to wash pans and pans from a large amount of burnt fat.
As you can see, each mode is thought up for its own case. It is possible that your dishwasher has different composition of modes and they are also called differently, but the essence is the same, you need to study all the programs so that you can use your “iron assistant” as rationally as possible. Let the operation of the dishwasher be a joy, not a burden.
To summarize, we note the first and subsequent launches of the dishwasher must be done correctly, this will directly depend on how and how long the equipment will work before it breaks. Do everything according to the instructions, do not neglect the basic rules and everything will be great!