How To Use A Drill Screwdriver
Oil hardening bit
For the convenience of work, especially in hard-to-reach places, the attachments are magnetized. This can be done in several ways.
: bit magnetization with neodymium magnets
How to use a screwdriver: useful tips for use
After purchasing a screwdriver, follow the simple guidelines for use. And then the tool will work for a long time and efficiently:
- Turn off the screwdriver before connecting and removing the battery;
- Do not bring the tool to overheating, take breaks;
- Adjust the torque clutch correctly;
- After applying high speeds, set the minimum and turn the engine idle for a few minutes to cool it down;
- Check the cable of the mains screwdriver and the mains lead of the charger for the battery. If the tool or charger periodically loses the network, then the wire must be replaced;
- Do not use the screwdriver in rain or snow. In a humid environment, you can only work under a canopy.
Magnetization and hardening of nozzles
A large number of nozzles are made in China from a soft material. Therefore, they quickly lose their shape. The new beat doesn’t last long. To extend the life, the tip must be hardened. You will need: machine oil, a gas burner or gas stove, a small container for oil from any tin can, a piece of steel wire.
- Wind the wire around the bit so that it does not fall out.
A bat wrapped in wire
The bat must be red hot
Black bit hardened
A hardened bit will last longer than normal.
Using various attachments, the tool can perform the following work:
Polishing with a special nozzle
Angle nozzle and flexible shaft for easy handling
Sharpening knives with a screwdriver
Turbo shears for cutting corrugated board
Hairdryer from a screwdriver
There are many more uses for this tool. But remember to work with goggles and gloves.
Care and storage
- Regularly disassemble and clean the internal elements of the screwdriver from carbon deposits, dust and dirt;
- If unstable operation occurs, carry out diagnostics. Check the wear of the brushes so that you do not have to change the engine armature;
- Do not leave the instrument in high humidity or direct sunlight. The same goes for the battery;
- Keep the battery away from keys, coins, or other short metal objects. Accidental contact with the poles will short-circuit the battery. This could result in a fire;
- At the end of the day, take a clean rag and wipe down the tool. The cloth can be slightly moistened with water without using detergents;
- Store the screwdriver in a dry environment with positive temperatures. Use a case or other packaging to keep the instrument free of dust.
Work with a screwdriver, observing the safety precautions and the rules described in the instructions. Choose the right rig. And then the tool will serve you for a long time.
A screwdriver is a tool designed to tighten fasteners. If you have drills and special attachments, it can also be used to perform some other operations.
Preparation for work
Before using a screwdriver, you need to choose a nozzle that fits in size to the head of the fastener. For installation in a tool with a keyless chuck, the nozzle is pushed between the cams, the sleeve is turned clockwise. To fix the nozzle in the device with a key cartridge, insert the key nozzle into the socket, turn it clockwise until it is fixed.
The device equipped with a rechargeable battery must be charged, and the mains-powered device must be plugged in.
To make sure that the screwdriver is working properly, first turn it on idle. See if the direction of rotation of the nozzle matches the direction of the thread of the fastener.
How to use a screwdriver: instructions for beginners
Screwdriver a tool with which you can quickly screw in fasteners (screws, self-tapping screws, screws); it is used to assemble furniture, hang shelves, drill holes, and install a suspended ceiling or batten. To understand how to use a screwdriver correctly, you should learn more about how it works, what work can be done with it.
The tool consists of a housing containing a motor and a gear mechanism; chuck (clamp for replaceable drills); battery or cord to connect the device to the network.
The most important indicators to look for when buying, the rotational speed and power of the screwdriver.
The rotation speed affects the functionality of the device. For tightening or unscrewing fasteners, tools whose speed does not exceed 350 rpm are suitable. For drilling, you will need devices whose rotation speed is greater than or equal to 1000 revolutions.
If you plan to purchase a cordless screwdriver, you should find out its type. The most common devices with lithium-ion cells are characterized by a long service life. It is recommended to choose them if the device will be used frequently.
If work using a screwdriver is rare, a nickel-cadmium element is more suitable, they are cheaper, not as prone to self-discharge as lithium-ion ones. Mains powered devices are also suitable for purely home use.
Additional parameters that will make working with the screwdriver easier and more convenient:
- Illumination of the working area;
- A torque boost used to sink the fastener heads;
- Impact mechanism;
- Increase in rotation speed.
Features of operation
Incorrect operation and breakdowns can occur after switching the operating modes of the tool during the rotation of the chuck. To prevent this from happening, it is recommended to perform all operations only after turning off the screwdriver and completely stopping the engine.
It is also necessary to correctly select the torque of the device, taking into account the hardness of the material with which they work:
- Fiberboard and drywall. To screw the screws into these materials, use 14 modes.
- Hardwood. The regulator ring is moved to the maximum value.
Important! It is better to set a lower torque value than required. If you select an overestimated value after tightening the self-tapping screw, the screwdriver chuck will continue to rotate, and will not stop as expected. The slot will be damaged.
You can use a screwdriver as a drill only for a short time. Continuous loading of a tool that is not designed for drilling may overheat the motor, causing damage to the device.
Screwing and tightening fasteners
Instructions for using the device are simple:
- Insert the tip of the nozzle into the slot of a self-tapping screw or screw, turn on the device.
- To increase or decrease the tightening speed, increase or decrease the pressure on the start button.
- When the self-tapping screw is tightened, the force limiting mechanism will automatically work, after which the work will stop.
- To unscrew the screw, the nozzle is placed in the slot, after setting the lever for the direction of rotation of the nozzle in the opposite direction.
How to attach a bit or drill
There are two ways to fix a drill or bit in a screwdriver. The first method is manual. The bit is inserted into the chuck and tightened by hand. The second method is to tighten the bit or drill with a rotating chuck, hold it with your other hand. It is very easy to check how you secured the bat. Try to tighten one self-tapping screw, and you will understand whether the bit is scrolling or not.
How to use a screwdriver: step by step instructions
Each person at least once in his life made repairs at his home or performed work related to the repair of his apartment or summer cottage. Today, a screwdriver is an indispensable repair tool. When buying it, be sure to find out the power, equipment, as well as the warranty period for this power tool.
Using a screwdriver
Do not think that the screwdriver can only be used to drill, twist and twist screws. When repairing a car, you can unscrew and tighten nuts and bolts, grind with various surface attachments. Assembling furniture without using a screwdriver will take a lot of time. Hanging curtain rails or bookshelves with a screwdriver is much easier than running around with a screwdriver and putting in effort. So today the screwdriver has taken its place of honor among the most essential tools in the household.
Before using the screwdriver, be sure to read the safety information sheet included with the tool. This tool is often used in production. As a rule, the instruction “How to use a screwdriver” must be mandatory in labor protection acts. In order to prevent accidents when working with a screwdriver, you must follow all safety rules. Do not trust the tool to people who do not know how to use a screwdriver and cannot follow safety precautions. For example, children, elderly, sick people and people in a state of AL-KO intoxication.
Use this tool with protective clothing and glasses on. Remember that any tool, whatever it may be, is source of danger.
How to use the screwdriver battery
Before starting work, make sure that the battery of your screwdriver is fully charged. Insert it into the charger and pay attention to the indicator. A green light indicates that the battery is charged. The red light indicates that it needs to be charged.
In order to increase the operating time of the screwdriver, it is enough to have a second battery. After the first is discharged and you replace it with the second, insert the first into the charger. After the battery is charged, do not keep it in the charger. This shortens the overall battery life. Also, the temperature of the room in which the screwdriver is operating is too hot or too cold has a detrimental effect on the battery life. One battery lasts five hours.
If you decide to use a screwdriver as a drill in order to drill a hole in wood or plastic, then in order for the hole to be of high quality, you need to put an even piece of wood under the objects that you are drilling. This way you can avoid cracks and chips when drilling.
Drilling a hole in metal requires certain rules to be followed. The place of the future hole must be screwed. This will help prevent the drill from sliding over the metal surface. Having selected the drilling mode on the screwdriver, do not forget that when drilling metal, drills often break at the exit from the metal. To avoid this, try not to press hard on the screwdriver while drilling. If the drill is stuck, then switching the screwdriver to unscrewing mode will help unscrew it. If you are drilling a small part, use a vise to hold it.