How to Wind a Fishing Line On a Trimmer Drum
Despite the fact that gardening equipment has been used for a long time, for some owners of private houses it is still a novelty. That is why often questions arise about how to properly wind a line on an electric or gas trimmer.
This is essentially a simple operation, but all its stages must be performed correctly to achieve the desired result. Over, in the operating instructions, only a few manufacturers give an answer to this urgent question. Study the article and find out how the line is wound around the reel of the trimmer.
The order of winding fishing line on the trimmer reel
First of all, you should know that trimmers have different working nozzles. The reel can be designed for different lengths and thicknesses of the fishing line. This point should be taken into account when purchasing supplies.
So, how do you charge the fishing line into the trimmer coil? All work is divided into several stages:
- First you need to disassemble the trimmer head.
- Unscrew the nozzle by rotating the drum to the right.
- Press your fingers on the two latches located on opposite sides of the slots, and remove the top cover of the nozzle. You can pry the cover with a screwdriver. This should be done carefully: the reels with automatic line feed have a spring, which can forcefully drop the lid along with all the contents of the reel.
When you turn on the trimmer, the excess fishing line itself will be cut off with a trimmer blade.
As you can see, it is easy to wind the line onto the reel of the trimmer: the main thing is to do everything right. And here are some more tips that will be useful to you when choosing a fishing line, its winding and subsequent work:
- Fishing line is of different thickness and with different cross-section. The best option for winding is the “native” for this model of fishing line;
- Never use a fishing line or metal cables for the trimmer. Such a replacement may seem effective, but it is very dangerous. Jumping off a working trimmer, the cable can seriously injure not only the lawnmower man himself, but also those around him;
- The fishing line is cut off when the working trimmer comes into contact with solid objects. Try not to allow this, otherwise you will have to stop every time, turn off the device and rewind the fishing line onto the reel;
- Use a straight line for mowing grass and a pigtail line for coarse weeds. It is more durable and will not be permanently cut.