How to wind the cord onto the trimmer spool
How to Replace your line by winding it on the EGO Power+ 15″ String Trimmer
In order to change the line, you need to remove the old one (if it was).
The reel is the part of the trimmer structure that is located inside the brush head, drum or bobbin. Heads may vary depending on the manufacturer. But this article only covers Patriot, although their mechanism is used by many other companies.
Now you need to understand how to properly remove the head from the trimmer and how to pull the drum out of it.
Instructions on how to unscrew the manual head on the trimmer are described below.
- First of all, you need to clean the head from dirt and adhering grass, if it is dirty. To do this, lift the brushcutter head up and, grasping the casing, remove the special protective cover that is put on the drum.
- The next step is to remove the spool from the drum. The reel can be easily removed even with one hand, because it is not fixed in any way inside the drum.
- The drum itself is fixed in the trimmer with a bolt. This bolt must be unscrewed, after which you can easily pull out the drum. To do this carefully, you should support the drum with the spool, while unscrewing the screw counterclockwise.
- Now you can pull the coil out. As mentioned above, it is not secured by anything, except for a hook with a metal shaft, so it does not need to be pulled out with force. Carefully, in a circular motion, pull the spool out of the drum.
- Now it remains to remove the old fishing line and follow the following instructions.
Installation of the spool and drum in their original place is performed according to the reverse algorithm.
Before threading the line, make sure you have purchased the correct thread for the trimmer. In the event that the thread does not fit, the fuel or energy consumption increases, as well as the load on the engine of the brushcutter.
Restring a 1 string spool on a string trimmer weed eater EASY!!
In order to replace the thread itself directly, you need to prepare a piece of thread of the required size. Most often, this requires about 4 m of line. The specific figure will depend on the parameters of the thread, for example, its thickness, as well as on the parameters of the spool itself. If you cannot accurately determine the length, you can do the following: insert and wind the thread until the coil is fully charged (the line level will be compared with the protrusions on the sides of the coil). Make sure that the line sits evenly in the reel.
Do not forget that thick thread will be shorter than thin thread.
The instructions for threading the line into the spool are described below.
- The prepared thread must be taken and folded in half. It should be ensured that one edge is longer than the other by 0.1-0.15 m.
- Now you need to take the ends in different hands. The one that is smaller must be pulled up to the larger one so that it becomes 2 times shorter. When bending, maintain an offset of 0.15m.
- Locate the slot inside the coil baffle. Carefully pass the loop you made earlier into this slot.
- To continue working, it is necessary to determine the direction of winding of the thread in the bobbin. To do this, it is enough to inspect the coil. there should be an arrow on it.
- If the arrowhead cannot be found, then it is quite possible that there is a written designation. An example is shown in the photo below. It is necessary to inspect the coil head. There is a direction indicator on it. However, this is the direction of travel of the coil. To get the direction of winding, you need to wind in the opposite direction.
- Now you need to load the spool with line. It is worth noting that there are special guide grooves inside the coil. Follow these grooves when winding the thread, otherwise the trimmer may be damaged. At this stage, you need to charge the coil very carefully.
- When the user winds up almost the entire thread, take the short end (do not forget about the 0.15m protrusion) and pull it into the hole located in the wall of the reel. Now you need to repeat this action in the same way with the other end (on the other side).
- Place the reel itself in the head of the reel, before that threading the line through the holes inside the drum.
- Now is the time to put the drum back in place. After that, you need to take the ends of the line with both hands and pull them to the sides. Then you need to put the lid back on (here you can safely make efforts until you hear a characteristic click).
- Remained to do the “cosmetic work”. We need to see if the thread is too long. You can start the trimmer and check in practice if everything is comfortable. If the thread comes out a little long, you can cut it with scissors.
How to wind the line onto the Patriot trimmer reel?
Almost every beginner when using a trimmer is faced with the problem of changing the line. While it is very easy to change your line, you need to learn how to do it correctly. Changing the fishing line with proper skill will take no more than five minutes. you just need to constantly practice it. This article will look at changing line using Patriot trimmers as an example.
Although winding the line is a very simple task, many beginners can wind the line incorrectly. Below are the most common mistakes.
- Many people, when measuring a thread, think that 4 m is a lot. Because of this, people often measure less, and, accordingly, they do not have enough line. Do not be afraid to measure out a lot, because you can always cut off the excess.
- In a hurry, some people do not follow the threading grooves inside the spool and wind the thread randomly. This will cause the line to come out of the reel and may even cripple.
- For winding, use only the appropriate line. This mistake is the most common one. You need to monitor not only the thickness and volume of the line, but also its type. You should not use the first line that comes across for wrapping, which will not meet the goals. For example, you do not need to use a thread on young grass if you need to mow dead wood.
- Do not turn on the device until it is fully wound and collected. Although this is obvious, some people do this in order to check if everything is done correctly.
- In no case should you confuse the direction of refueling, as this will overload the engine, and it will soon come out of working condition.
It is quite common for beginners to make mistakes, so you need to follow the tips given in this article.
See below for how to replace the line on the Patriot trimmer.
Brush cutter reel
The working part of the brushcutter also consists of several components:
a protective cover (never work without it. it is dangerous);
springs (may not be available on all models);
actually, the bobbins where the cord is wound;
To start disassembling the head, first de-energize the electric trimmer. remove the plug from the socket. If you have a gasoline engine, empty the tank and turn on the engine to burn off the remaining fuel. Even if you accidentally hit the switch. the unit should not start in any case.
Disassembly itself depends on the type of coil.
§ First remove the cover, to do this, unclip the latches that hold it.
§ Remove the bobbin, which is located immediately under the cover, if there is a spring under it. it must also be carefully removed.
§ Then you will see a bolt that will need to be unscrewed completely.
§ The case can be removed easily after that: just rock it from side to side and that’s it.
Here the head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft.
§ Fix the shaft with the inserted screwdriver into the special hole on it.
§ Unscrew the body clockwise, since the thread is applied to the left and otherwise it will not work. Often, not knowing this feature, the owners only tighten the case harder.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
Types of brush heads (trimmers)
The head on which the line is wound is often called a bobbin. It is housed in a special cylinder-shaped housing. Trimmers can have three different types of heads, differing in the type of line threading and feeding.
The line feed occurs as soon as the engine speed decreases. This is quite convenient if the volume of work is solid, but the line is consumed with such a head extremely quickly. Which is not economical at all in terms of financial expenses.
Everything is simple here: for the line to come out of the bobbin, you need (at full engine power) to lightly hit the ground with the trimmer. This gives a sign to unblock the cord, and it starts to stretch. Then it is cut with a knife or scissors to the required length. Very often a special pruning blade is already built into the trimmer guard.
Manual brush head.
Turn off the unit and simply pull out the required amount of line with your hands. Everything is simple and there are no difficulties. If you have an electric trimmer, be sure to unplug the power cord.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
You do not need to have any special knowledge to wind the fishing line on the trimmer. First of all, you need to buy a cord that is suitable in thickness, and then choose the method that will be most convenient for this. There are two ways to wind the line on the reel of the brushcutter, which we will talk about below.
How to choose a line for brushcutters
A lot depends on the correct selection of the cord. The thickest line, reinforced, is capable of cutting off large weeds with a hard stem, young growth of shrubs and trees. But for low-power trimmers, it will not work, since they are simply not designed for this and the cord will wind up on the reel, actively interfering with the work. There is also a serious overheating of the engine, and it will simply break down sooner or later.
To choose the right line for a petrol or electric brushcutter, first of all look at the instructions, where the recommended diameter is absolutely indicated. Also, information is often engraved on the bobbin itself.
It is worth remembering that the thinnest line is suitable for brushcutters with a capacity of up to 500 kilowatts, up to 1000 kilowatts. up to 2-2.5 millimeters, and gasoline brushcutters use the thickest cords. 2.5-3 and above a millimeter. If you have a diesel powered brushcutter in your hands, then it needs the thickest cords you can find. They belong to professional equipment and are most often seen in various utilities. But, perfectly such brushcutters are suitable for areas heavily overgrown with weeds.
The type of section at the cord can be different. The round line is versatile and can cut any grass, but makes a lot of noise. If you have an electric trimmer, this is important, but with a gasoline engine, it’s all the same how the line will make noise when mowing grass: the sound of a running engine will drown everything. The most durable is a reinforced or having a graphite or steel rod inside.
Square lines, star-shaped, with ribs, twisted, mow well thickets of strong weeds. Twisted line is the most popular, but it is also used the fastest. It is worth noting that if the line contains polyethylene, then its wear increases, although it is the cheapest in terms of cost.
Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use ordinary fishing line, string, wire, and so on. Metal strings and wires cut everything within reach and there are often cases of severe injury to the operator. Neither sturdy shoes nor rough trousers can save you. So, if you do not want to get to the hospital with a serious injury by your stupidity, do not engage in such experiments ever. They cost too much.
It is worth noting that it is unacceptable to use a brushcutter of any power without special protection.
We fill the cord into the reel of the brushcutter
This is not as difficult as it seems. It is enough to adhere to the verified algorithm of actions and take your time. To understand how much line you need, wind it around the reel until the amount of cord is equal to the bumpers.
Then fold the line in half, so that one end of the cord is fifteen centimeters larger than the other.
Charging begins in the central part, there is a rib that divides the bobbin of the trimmer head into 2 halves. There you will see a groove where you need to insert the folded cord.
To understand in which direction you need to wind the fishing line, pay attention to the arrow, which will certainly be applied to the body. If you could not find any designations, then this information will be on the head itself and you will need to wind the fishing line here in the opposite direction to the arrow.
Wrap the line very carefully, pulling it as much as possible. Then insert the short end of the line into the hole on the side of the reel, and fasten the long end on the other side of it. When trimming the line, leave about ten centimeters at each end.
When inserting the bobbin into place, do not forget to pull the ends of the line into the outlet grooves of the head and pull slightly. Then reassemble the trimmer head in the reverse order of how you took it apart.
You can wind the cord on the bobbin in another way. In this case, tuck in two pieces of line instead of one.
One end of the line is bent like a hook. There will be a special groove at the bottom of the bobbin, where you need to insert it. Then wind it in the direction of the arrow until you fill the coil completely to the edge of the sides. Do the same with the second cell. Put everything back together and fix it firmly.
Small mobile devices for cutting grass and young branches, consisting of a bar, a motor, a cutting part and a handle are called a trimmer.
The device without a trimmer is simple, it is easy to disassemble, if necessary
There are electric and gasoline modifications. The former do not fill with fuel, but they depend on the length of the cord. The latter work regardless of the availability of electricity, anywhere in the garden or vegetable garden.
Petrol trimmers are lighter and less expensive than lawn mowers. They cope with grass and shrubs, so such mowers are used in everyday life and on an industrial scale. For convenience, the technique provides straps that are worn on the shoulder. Thus, the stress on the arms and back is reduced.
Varieties of benzotrimmers
Trimmers are distinguished by indicators:
- engine’s type;
- cutting element;
- handle configuration;
- fuel filling method;
- noise level.
Depending on the power, tools are of household, industrial, mixed, universal type. A separate type is brushcutters. They are the most powerful of all types of gasoline trimmers.
Cutting the grass is done with a knife or fishing line. The first option is more efficient. The knife copes with dense thickets of grass, branches, does not need to be wound. The disadvantage of knives is a high level of danger, the need to periodically sharpen the tool. True, all models have protective blocks, but they are installed from the operator’s side.
The line is safe, light, and does not need to be sharpened. The disadvantage of this type of cutting element is that it is not designed for thick branches. For young grass, use a line 2 mm thick, for tougher vegetation use a line with a diameter of 3 mm.
The saw blade is used for cutting the toughest branches.
There is a universal option with changing the cutting element. In such trimmers, the line and the knife change, based on the task at hand. The disadvantage of such devices is a high price.
Second winding option
- Cut the measured piece of thread in half.
- Before threading the line into the trimmer spool, bend one end of each piece and press firmly to form a hook.
- Insert the resulting thread hook into the hole. Wind the sewing thread in the direction indicated on the bobbin case.
- When 15 cm remains of the original length, stop winding. Insert the remaining section into the groove.
- Wrap the line on the bottom of the body in the same way.
- Assemble the bottom of the trimmer by inserting the bobbin into place.
In a spool consisting of one section, the working thread changes in the same way. Unwind 15 cm from the finished piece, make a loop and fix it in the groove. The line is wound in the direction of the arrow. After the end of the process, the remaining end is fixed on the coil cover.
In some versions, designers install special sound-absorbing nozzles, but you have to pay extra for them.
Picking a cord
There are general rules for choosing a line for a trimmer.
- If the petrol grass trimmer is equipped with an engine power of less than 500 V, select a working thread with a thickness of 1.3 mm.
- For a motor over 1000 V, use a 2 mm cord.
- If the work shaft is bent, a 2 mm thread will do. For straight line. 2.4. 3 mm.
- When choosing a fishing line, consider the cross section. For young and thin grass, use a spiral cord. If you are cutting weeds, use a jagged line. Use a rectangular thread to give your lawn a flat surface, but the thread is not strong. Use a circular line with internal wire to eliminate difficult thickets.
Better not to change the line to metal wire. Doing so can damage the instrument and injure if it bursts.
Lightweight and compact household devices for fighting grass on an area less than 15 acres have a capacity of up to 1 hp. This figure is enough for a summer residence, a small lawn.
Power within 1. 3 hp. necessary to combat shrubs, thin branches. This is an indicator of industrial and universal units. They have a longer service life, weight, some models can create a high noise level.
If you need to get rid of young shoots of trees, thick branches of shrubs, petrol cutters with a capacity of more than 3 hp are used. These are heavy apparatus that require great physical effort to work with. The advantages of such mowers are a large supply of fuel, separate refueling of gasoline and oil, high productivity.
Model with shoulder strap for easy operation
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
If you regularly mow your lawn, sooner or later you will want to know how to wind the line around the trimmer. Brushcutter manufacturers do not provide such information, so equipment owners often find themselves in a difficult situation. The guaranteed production of the fishing line requires its regular replacement, otherwise it cuts the grass poorly or removes only young plants. Replacing consumables is not difficult. just watch the video or read our instructions, which will greatly facilitate the process.
How to choose the right trimmer line
For installation on brushcutters, ordinary nylon scaffolding (cord) is used. The material can have different thicknesses, which depend on the type and power of the tool. When figuring out how to thread the trimmer reel, it is advisable to read the manufacturer’s instructions for the correct line values for a particular model. As a rule, its thickness is:
- for low-power electric trimmers. from 1 to 1.6 mm;
- for electric trimmers from 0.5 kW. from 2 to 2.4 mm;
- for gasoline devices. in the range of 2.4-3.2 mm.
When buying, it does not hurt to consider the structure of the forest. Curly is more suitable for cutting young plants, round. for coarser grass, and notched. for thin stems. On average, it will take 2–4 meters of cord to fill the reel. Winding more than the manufacturer’s recommendation can hinder the movement of the scaffold and make it difficult to pull out new ends when mowing the lawn.
How to fill the trimmer coil in stages
To properly rewind the line on the trimmer, the main thing is to follow the replacement steps and safety rules.
Removing the spool from the trimmer
Before disassembling the electric trimmer, you must disconnect it from the mains. The trimmer head on any tool consists of a cover, a cover and a bobbin with wood. The way to remove it depends on the design of the braid:
- Small devices with a spool at the bottom usually have keys on the sides of the spool. If you press them at the same time, the upper part of the spool will detach along with the thread, and the lower part will remain on the tool.
- To wind the line around the spool of the curved bar trimmer, find a special wing on the spool. In such models, the head is dismantled by holding the spool and simultaneously rotating the wing nut against the clock hand. Once the nut is unscrewed, the entire coil can be removed.
- If a gasoline or electric trimmer has the function of installing a knife, then a screwdriver is required to disassemble it. To remove the head, you should find a hole under the bobbin, insert a screwdriver into it, and then wind the coil clockwise and remove it from the braid.
Disassembly of the head
It is important to mention that the cord is placed on the spool, which is located inside the head. To get it, you need to disassemble the head. Traditionally, there is a special lock on its body, which, when pressed, opens access to the forest. To remove the bobbin, press the latch and, holding it with one hand, turn the head cover clockwise.
In some types of trimmers, latches are not provided, so you have to disassemble the case. When disassembling, it is important to remember in what sequence all the elements of the head were removed, so that after replacing the scaffold, assemble them in the same order, but only in the reverse order.
Winding the line
Brushcutter heads can vary in design, so the replacement of the line on an electric trimmer or its gasoline equivalent is carried out taking this moment into account. If the head has a dividing flange, the cord is changed as follows:
- Measure the required amount of scaffold, fold it in half, and then fix it with a fold in a special groove. If there is no such groove, the cord will need to be cut into two halves and the ends of each of them must be attached to the holders that the manufacturer provides in the upper and lower parts of the spool between the bead.
- Before you start winding the line, you should determine in which direction the winding will be carried out. Usually the direction can be seen as an arrow on the reel.
- The edges of the cord are inserted into the grooves between the bead and the coil is started to rotate so that the cord winds in the direction of the arrow. Both one and the other half of the line are laid in the same direction.
- When threading the line into the trimmer spool at the end of winding, the free edges of the line must be pulled into the holes on the spool. They are placed in a perpendicular direction to each other.
If the coil does not have a dividing edge, the wood is cut into two halves and their ends are placed in the holes that are located at the top of the coil. Wind both parts of the cord in the direction of the arrow, making sure that they do not cross. After winding, the free edges of the scaffold are laid on the sides of the bobbin, and if there are slots in it, then they are fixed.
The instructions above apply to trimmer heads with 2 antennae. There are other winding options. If you need to figure out how to thread the line into a trimmer that has a single-barbed head, note that the process is similar, but the wood is not folded in half. In the presence of four antennae, four parts of the thread are used, which are placed alternately in the holes of the head.
The spool is placed in the head, removed from the side blades and tightened. Next, the cord is tightly fixed and the lid is closed. The last step will be to install the reel on the braid and pull the fishing line. so that when trimming plants, it does not come into contact with the protective casing.
If you know how to properly wind the line on the trimmer, you can ensure its full and high-quality work. Timely replacement of the cord is a guarantee of an even haircut and a long service life of the tool.
How to put a line on a trimmer
Any garden owner knows how quickly weeds can fill an area. A trimmer will help to defeat them without undue effort. This incredibly useful device is an indispensable tool for trimming and mowing grass.
It is no secret that an ordinary lawn mower cannot be used everywhere. In contrast, the trimmer can handle even very difficult areas. This is especially true for those tools in which the cutting element is not a knife, but a fishing line.
How to change the trimmer line on a Ryobi 18 volt cordless string trimmer
Instructions with a step-by-step description of how to wind the trimmer coil and petrol cutters
In order not to be mistaken with the choice of a suitable fishing line for your tool, you should first disassemble the head and look at the side wall of the reel. This information is usually presented on a tip, which will not allow you to make mistakes with the use of the appropriate equipment.
If there is information on the reel about the diameter of the line you can fill in, then this information can be clarified in the instructions. Having decided on the thickness or diameter of the rig, it remains to figure out how to charge it. There are two ways to do this, but not all of them are applicable. We will consider both methods in detail, and depending on which models of brushcutters and trimmers you use, you decide on your own which option is suitable.
How to wind the line onto the trimmer spool
At first glance, threading a line into the reel of a tool is not an easy task. But it is enough to carefully study this process. and in the future all the necessary actions will be performed without any difficulties.
It is worth reading this guide to find out how to tuck the line into the trimmer. The step-by-step instructions below take into account the peculiarities of the spools of different types of trimmers, therefore, it is applicable to any tool.
So, the procedure is as follows.
- The line spool is the bottom end of the trimmer. First of all, of course, you need to remove this head from the device. To do this, you need to fix the rod (or, in other words, the shaft) on which the coil is attached. It is required to fix it in such a way that it does not scroll. The easiest way to do this is by placing a kind of stupor (preferably metal) between the shaft threads through a special hole. When the shaft is fixed, the spool can be unscrewed.
- At this stage, you have to remove the bobbin from the head, on which the fishing line is attached. To do this, you need to disassemble the head into elements. To do this, you first need to find a retainer on its body. It is located on the circumference of the product and is like a button. When the latch is found, you need to press it firmly. Keeping the latch pressed, turn the head cover clockwise. Then you need to remove the cover and remove the bobbin.
- A tight spring is placed between the bobbin and the head. It needs to be put aside for a while so that it does not interfere with the winding process. Before proceeding with the step of winding the line, it is necessary to inspect the bobbin. If there are remnants of old fishing line on it, they must be removed. When the bobbin is cleaned, you can start preparing a new bobbin.
- From a previously prepared skein of new fishing line, it is necessary to measure and cut off six (maximum. seven) meters. Keep the bobbin close at hand.
At this point, the key stage actually begins, which this article is devoted to.
What you need to know about trimmer line
A fishing line is a consumable that is made of nylon and serves as a cutting device. By means of this equipment, the grass is cut, which is ensured by rotating the tool head at a high frequency. This material has a different thickness, which depends on its use on the corresponding tools, electric low-power (from 1 to 1.6 mm), electric from 500 W (2-2.4 mm) and gasoline trimmers with brushcutters (from 2.4 to 3. 2 mm).
The more powerful the tool, the correspondingly thicker the cutting equipment should be. This affects not only the quality of the grass cut, but also the service life of the material. If you are wondering how to wind the trimmer coil, then it is time to change and recharge the tool. With the onset of spring, this question is becoming more and more popular, so it’s time to figure out the step-by-step instructions for replacing the line in the trimmer reel.
Removing and disassembling the coil
The mowing trimmer head consists of a cover, a spring (not available in every model), a bobbin with a cord, and a cover. Before proceeding with the disassembly of the coil of the electrical unit, be sure to disconnect the trimmer from the mains. The disassembly method depends on the attachment of the mowing head. First option:
- To remove the cover that covers the inside of the head, press on the latches (latches) that are located on both sides of the head.
- Remove the cover, under which you will see the spool. remove it from the body. Some trimmer spools have a spring under the bobbin, which must also be carefully pulled out.
- After removing the bobbin, you will see a screw in the center of the case. Unscrew it with a screwdriver.
- After removing the fasteners, take the body of the part and, shaking it in different directions, remove the gearbox from the shaft.
In the second version, the trimmer head is screwed onto the gearbox shaft. To remove it, you need to fix the shaft. For this, such devices have a hole through which a thin screwdriver or metal rod is inserted. Brief instruction:
- Insert a screwdriver into the special hole, then lock the shaft.
- Grasp the body of the head and start twisting it. This should be done clockwise, since the thread on the shaft is left.
Winding the line to the reel
Method 1. how to properly wind the line or put it on a reel and choose the required length
To implement this method, you will need to first prepare a fishing line of the required length (usually up to 4 meters). It all depends on the thickness of the equipment used, as well as the design of the coil. There is an easy way to find out the amount of line you need to refuel to charge the reel. To do this, wind the rig inside the coil until it is aligned with the side protrusions. In this case, the rigging should not go beyond these extreme protrusions.
The thicker the equipment used, the shorter its length will be needed and vice versa, the thinner, the longer the segment will be needed.
The instruction on how to properly tuck the equipment into the trimmer or brushcutter is as follows:
- To begin with, a piece of fishing line that was prepared to be installed in a reel must be folded in half. In this case, one edge should protrude more than the second by 10-15 cm
- After that, take the second end from the other side, and fold it in half. Move to it so that the measured protrusion of 15 cm is preserved
- There is a slot in the inner baffle of the coil, into which the resulting loop should be inserted. The cut in the wall is shown in the photo below.
- Next, we find out the direction of winding the line. If you wind the rig in the wrong direction, then it will not function correctly, and you will need to redo the work. To insert the line and wind it in the correct direction, inspect the surface of the spool. The direction of winding should be indicated on it (in 99% of cases, this direction is indicated). What the direction indicator on the coil looks like is shown in the photo below.
- This arrow-shaped pointer can also have the designation, as in the example above “WIND LINE”, which means the direction of winding. If the pointer is missing on the reel, then you need to look at the head. There is a direction of its rotation on the head, and in order to properly wind the line, wind it on the drum in the opposite direction to the indication of the arrow indicator. So, if the arrow is on the tip, then you need to wind in the indicated direction, and if it is not there, then you should wind against the direction of the arrow on the surface of the head
- Having decided on the direction of rotation, you should start winding. Each end should be guided in its own groove. If there is no separator, then the equipment must be laid in the appropriate distribution order.
- When almost all the fishing line is wound on a reel, you will need to do the following. place a short part in the hole of the side wall of the pickup, the protrusion of which should be up to 10-15 cm, and then do the same procedure with the other end, placing it in the hole on the parallel side
- We insert the coil into the head, first passing the ends of the fishing line into the holes of the drum
- We put the drum in place and, by pulling the ends of the line, we disengage them from the temporary clamps in the wall of the reel. After that, you can put on the cover until the latch engages.
- This completes the process of how to replace the fishing line on the trimmer, and if necessary, you can only trim the ends (if their length does not suit), and install the assembled drum on the tool
With how to put the drum in place, no difficulties arise. There is a second way, how to charge the mowing equipment in the brushcutter. What is the difference, and how is the second method of threading the line on the reel of the brushcutter carried out, we will find out in detail.
Second winding method
- A previously prepared segment of six meters in length must be bent exactly in the middle and cut. Thus, two segments of the same length are obtained.
- At one end of each segment, you need to make a small “hook”. To do this, it is necessary to bend a couple of centimeters from the edge and fix it for a short time so that the “hook” does not unbend.
- Then one segment is taken. The hook is inserted into the through hole at the top of the bobbin.
- Now you can proceed to the key stage. winding. The direction in which to wind is indicated by an arrow on the bobbin. It is important to ensure that the line is wound strictly within the upper part of the reel. You do not need to wind the thread to the very tip. about fifteen centimeters should remain free from the end.
- In the upper edge of the spool there are small recesses (so-called grooves) for fixing the consumable. The loose “tail” of the thread must be inserted into one of these grooves.
- The top of the coil is tucked in. Now you need to do the same procedure with the bottom. Take the second piece of thread. The “hook” is threaded through the through hole at the bottom of the bobbin.
- After that, you can start winding the fishing line (within the lower compartment). And for this segment, you also need to leave about fifteen centimeters free from the end. This remaining “tail” must be inserted into the notch opposite to the one into which the end of the first segment was inserted.
The subsequent steps for this type of coils are exactly the same as described for the previous type in paragraphs five to nine.
This is how the line in the trimmer spool changes. There is nothing complicated in the process. And after several refueling operations, all actions will come to automatism.
To visually study the process described above, you can turn to the Internet for help. On the popular YouTube portal there are many different videos showing how to wind the line on the trimmer reel.
Owners of private houses know how necessary this type of tool is, such as a trimmer. It can be gasoline and electric, but they differ in the design of power units. For cutting grass in areas where there are stones, trees and other obstructing objects, a fishing line is used as a cutting device. This consumable wears out during use, so how to wind the trimmer coil, we will consider in detail in the material.