How to Work a Saw on a Tree
A circular saw is a special equipment designed to evenly cut boards or wooden beams. The use of the device requires some knowledge and skills. To understand how to use a circular saw, you should familiarize yourself with the principle of its operation and operational capabilities.
Device and principle of operation
The design of the circular saw is quite simple. The device can be manual, or stationary type combined models are also found.
Regardless of the type of equipment, it consists of a saw and a base plate. The last element is made of durable steel sheets or aluminum alloys. The main purpose of the circular saw is accurate and high-quality longitudinal cutting of wood.
Cutting boards and bars is carried out by rotating discs, which have special casings that serve as protection against injury during the work process. The cutting part is driven by a trigger. Circular equipment allows you to process large volumes of wood.
Classification of types and sizes
Circular saws are divided into two classes. Household and professional. The equipment differs in power, size and diameter of the saw blade:
- Household models are small equipment weighing from 4 to 5 kilograms, which is usually used for sawing wood at home. Equipment power. No more than 1800 watts. The disk size in such saws is 160. 200 millimeters.
- Professional circular saws are designed to handle large quantities of wood. They are capable of sawing beams up to 85 millimeters thick. The weight of such equipment exceeds 8 kilograms, and the diameter of the disc is 250 millimeters. Professional saws have a higher power. Over 1800 watts.
Household model of circular saw
There are several types of circular saws:
- Standard. The model is designed for cutting wooden bars with a density of up to 85 millimeters.
- Mini saw. A small circular device weighing up to 2 kilograms and power up to 800 watts. It is used for cutting thin wood.
- Submersible. Equipment is used to cut holes inside the tree. The design of such a saw consists of a mechanism that promotes vertical immersion of the disc.
- Diamond This type of equipment is designed for cutting solid materials. Stone, ceramic or tile. The working mechanism of the device consists of a diamond disk, which will allow a cut to a depth of 55 millimeters.
- Rechargeable. Such a circular tool has a low power and a fairly compact size. The device runs on battery power and is often used in the construction of wooden houses.
Circular saws are divided into four types depending on the immersion depth of the blade:
- Professional. From 65 to 140 millimeters;
- Large. From 70 millimeters;
- Medium. 55 mm;
- Small. From 40 to 46 millimeters.
Equally important for the quality of the cut is the number of teeth on the disk. The smaller they are, the lower the productivity of circular equipment. For large-scale wood processing, special carbide-tipped cutting tools are used.
Types of jobs
The scope of the circular saw depends on its size and type.
Such electric saws are designed for accurate direct cutting of wood materials of small thickness. The manual circular device is small and most often used for working at home.
Small-sized equipment for sawing wood is necessary for the interior design of houses. Often, hand-held circular saws are used during repairs to cut a laminate or wall decoration material.
Stationary circular saws are equipment for daily use. Such professional machines are capable of processing a large amount of wood per day. They have a fairly large weight. than 10 kilograms and high power up to 2500 watts.
Circular machines are used mainly in industries for industrial purposes. The cost of such a device is quite high. Some small models of circular equipment also have a stationary function. They are successfully used in home workshops.
Manual and stationary circular saws have a similar principle of operation. But equipment management has some differences.
A circular hand saw is an effective and safe tool. But still, the use of such equipment requires compliance with some operational rules:
- Connection to electric power. When using the saw in areas remote from the mains, an extension cord is often used. It must fully comply with the power of the circular tool. Before connecting it, check the integrity of the cable insulation. When connecting the saw to the network, make sure that the switch on the device is turned off.
- Material fastening. Wood intended for cutting should be well fixed on a flat surface. To do this, the material is placed on a workbench and fixed to its full stability.
- Depth setting cut. The required indicator is determined using a special scale on the instrument. When sawing a bar, the disc must not protrude beyond the material, otherwise the workbench may deteriorate. Therefore, it is recommended to fix the depth of cut slightly less than the required value.
- After setting all the necessary parameters, the cutting mechanism should be set in motion. Start cutting only with a rotating disc. The movement of the saw along the material should be smooth and even.
At the end of the workflow, the hand-held circular tool should be disconnected from the mains.
The use of circular machines has its own operational features. To make a saw cut of wood it is necessary:
- Set the switch on the equipment to the “off. Only then can the cable be connected to the mains.
- Raising the handle, adjust and fix the cutting height of the disk according to the dimensions of the material prepared for cutting.
- Check position of guide bar and saw blade. Their location among themselves must be parallel.
- Start the circular machine and perform a longitudinal section of the wood material. Sawing one board should be done in a single approach.
Use of a stationary circular saw
After processing all the material, turn off the switch on the equipment, which stops the rotation of the disk, and disconnect the tool from the mains.
Nuances of additional features
Modern models of circular saws are safe equipment with high technical parameters. Many devices are equipped with additional features that greatly facilitate the workflow:
- Slip clutch. This device allows you to avoid injury when jamming the disk. With the help of the clutch, it is possible to significantly reduce the jolt when the rotating mechanism stops.
- Smooth start. This feature allows the drive to gain momentum without jerking. A soft start protects the mechanism from shocks, which positively affects the operational life of the engine.
- Overload protection. When the engine reaches critical levels, the mechanism is automatically turned off.
- Support for the required disk speed. Under load during the cutting of dense materials there is an automatic addition of power. This function protects against a decrease in the speed of the disk.
- Accelerated braking. When you click on the power off button, the drive stops abruptly.
- Lock start buttons. This function protects against turning on the tool when the switch is accidentally pressed. It is usually installed by pressing two keys simultaneously.
In all models of circular saws, there is a function for setting the depth of cut. When buying equipment, it is recommended to pay attention to the convenience and accuracy of fixing such an adjustment.
Using a circular saw requires caution. To prevent accidents during the operation of electrical equipment for sawing wood, the basic safety rules should be observed:
- Before connecting the device to the network, make sure that the equipment is turned off;
- During work, use protective equipment. Gloves, glasses, clothing;
- Prevent water from getting on the tool;
- Do not use the circular device in places with high humidity;
- It is possible to move or lower equipment to the floor after disconnection only with the drive completely stopped;
- Avoid overheating of the engine;
- Exclude access to the tool for children;
- Cutting boards should not contain foreign objects. Bolts or nails;
- Before work, check the reliability of material fixation.
Proper use of a circular saw will allow you to accurately perform accurate cutting of any number of boards. And compliance with all operational requirements will completely secure the workflow.