In which direction to wind the fishing line on the trimmer
Preparing to wind the line
Prior to the winding process, it is necessary to remove the spool of fishing line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electric or gasoline), there are three constructive types of trimmers:
In this model, it is possible to install a knife. The removal of the coil in such models is carried out by means of two keys recessed into the coil body. To mount the trimmer knife, it is necessary to combine the hole of the reel and the rod, and then insert the device in the form of a steel pin (screwdriver, iron bar). After fixing the coil, the case is easy to unscrew the hands clockwise.
The main characteristics of the leaks for trimmers are:
You can find out about the thickness of the thread specifically for your device if you read the performance characteristics of the grass trimmer. If, for any reason, the characteristics are lost, you can always navigate in accordance with the marks on the universal bobbin. As a rule, threads with a diameter of 1.2-4 mm are used in trimmers. However, for many devices, the thickness of the thread is different.
It is not forbidden to use the line less than stated by the manufacturer of your grass trimmer. you will not break the tool instantly, but significantly increase the engine wear rate. If the thread is thicker than necessary, then the grass trimmer engine will work in an enhanced mode, respectively, overheat, and after a while it will break. It must be taken into account that a lot here also depends on the engine itself.
By the type of the engine itself, it is possible to easily determine the approximate size of the fishing line. If the power of the unit that is connected to the mains or powered by a built-in source (conventional battery) is approximately 1 kW, then you should purchase a fishing line 2 mm thick. In the case when the power is less than 500 watts, the thread should be applied in its thickness not more than 1.6 mm.
Often the fishing line for the electric shocks or trimmer for the grass is trying to choose with a round cross section. This type is very common, inexpensive. Fresh grass with this thread will be perfectly accessed. Clearly audible noise, which will be published by a trimmer with such a fishing line during operation. the main flaw. The level of this noise can be compared by the power with the noise of the engine itself. If you want to minimize the volume of noise from the fishing line. use a thread with a spiral cross section. There are still many types of cross sections for benzocos with different principles of work (gasoline or electric).
The best of them: star, square and rectangular. The larger the threads you choose will be all sorts of jar and pointers, the better it will cut.
The composition of the fishing line
How long the fishing line will serve you depends on its composition. Most often, manufacturers use nylon. Lines made of this material can easily withstand high temperatures without losing efficiency, and are also elastic, which will not allow them to break easily. Like high, low temperatures also do not affect nylon, the thread from this material will last you a long time.
Forers belonging to the coaxial group are one of the strongest. These threads wear out for a very long time, as they have a hard core. Its main advantages are the highest strength, as well as a very low noise level (for nylon it is much higher). Recently, you can find fishing lines in which manufacturers make aluminum inserts.
What kind of fishing line is used for a grass trimmer?
The line is of several types:
- The most durable is rounded;
- For mowing soft vegetation. curly;
- For mowing thin grass. with notches;
- Special. suitable for certain types of grass trimmer.
The type of section of the cutting thread must correspond to the vegetation to be mowed.
If it is necessary to replace the fishing line, then it is necessary to select exactly the type that is recommended by the manufacturer of this particular grass trimmer model, that is, the thickness of the cutting thread should be suitable for the engine power and unit size.
It is better to choose a specialized cutting thread. It is worth soaking the line for a while if you plan to replace it in the reel.
After soaking, it acquires an elastic appearance and becomes stronger.
The cutting thread can be made from different components. The most common among them is nylon.
This material is characterized by a high degree of wear resistance, the ability to withstand various temperatures and high loads.
Nylon fishing line can be stored for a long time, it does not dry out and does not lose its strength.
Therefore, its service life can be quite long.
Coils or heads for motocos have a different structure:
- One-trunk. In the modification of such a grass trimmer, there is only one working line. This unit is used mainly for small jobs, such as trimming grass.
- Twin. Can be either automatic or semi-automatic. This set includes two strings. This grass trimmer is used for mowing and clearing areas.
Instructions for the correct winding of the cutting thread on the grass trimmer spool:
Replacing the fishing line in the trimmer coil, pumps. Which way to wind the line? No arrows!
- First you need to disassemble the head. To do this, click on the retainer and turn the lid aside. Next removed spool.
- Measure the required number of cutting threads and insert it into the slot.
- From two sides to wind the line in the direction of the arrow.
- 15 cm long ends should be left not wound.
- These ends are inserted into opposite slits.
- Then the ends are fixed in the hole on the head.
- After that, the spool is carefully inserted into the body, for this you need to lightly press it.
- If necessary, you can pull the remaining ends of the thread out. To do this, first pull one end of the thread, and then the other so that they can easily pass through the slots on the head.
- Now you need to assemble the grooves on the body and tighten the cover.
- Then press the spool and try to twist it until it stops. If you hear a click, the spool is locked.
- Next, you need to pull the free ends of the thread to the end.