Kerher battery lawn mowing braid for grass how to change wire. Replacing the spark plug
Is it possible to wash an electric lawn mower with water
Now the lawn mowers are producing two main types: electric and gasoline.
Basin lawn mowers are very convenient when mowing grass at a distance from the house. Their main advantage. mobility, since they are not attached to a specific place, so you can go to the farthest corner of the site and work there. Gasoline is much more powerful than electric and can mow hours without a break (does not affect the engine). Lawn lawn mowers are several times higher than the speed of the lawn mower along with electric lawns.
Before turning on the lawn mower, you should first check the presence of fuel and lubricants, and most importantly. butter, because if it is not there or is not enough, then the engine can sharply jam during work, and you will have to spend a lot of money on its repair.
Electric lawn mowers are less noisy, unlike gasoline lawn mowers, also cleaner (more environmentally friendly) and more economical ones (especially if the electricity account is cheaper). The main disadvantage of such a lawn mower is its limited mobility when connecting the cord to the power source, and the extension cord is often confused and clings to everything.
Before starting an electric lawn mower, first make sure that the extension cord, the power cord and the outlet are damaged.
Principle: Proper use
- When working strictly follow the instructions of the lawn mower, especially if you need to take a break from work. For example, a breakdown of a mowing, which is not done on time, can lead to overheating of the engine and further problems.
- After you have finished mowing the lawn, be sure to remove the remnants of the grass from the deck and knives each time.
- Be sure to keep the lawn mower in a heated and dry place and do not allow the weather to flourish.
- After work, do not forget to turn off the equipment, since its involuntary movement can not only damage the lawn, but can also become a threat to you and your family members. Never check or repair the device while operating.
- If damage (cracks, chips, dents) are detected, contact a specialized service center for diagnosis. Timely identification of the problem will not cause serious harm and, therefore, save money.
- If the lawn is heavy and the grass is high, do not cut it in one passage of the mower. This will increase the load on the engine, and the knives will work less effectively, it is better to walk several times, gradually removing grass.
- So that the knives do not become swept away from touching the ground, even before smoothing out the uneven surface.
- For a good haircut, move the lawn mower slowly and only forward (the knife is designed for haircuts in only one direction).
- To avoid possible injuries, use the lawn mower only in shoes, and it is advisable not to have open parts of the body. Because the stone can fall on the knife and bounced off you.
- It is advisable not to use a lawn mower near trees, pillars, borders, it is very easy to lick and break knives. Garden scissors or trimmers for grass will be more effective in such places.
- If you want the lawn to be in the strip (stripes on the lawn alternate with the bright and dark color of the grass), you should mow, constantly changing the direction, and install a special roller mower.
Stone, brick, accessories. Yes, everything, solid and unnecessary can be on the lawn. But it is not important! We launch a mower and we went. To the first stone. A knife for horses, small pieces or jammed a motor. Overheated. The replacement of the knife is not so bad, but the repair of the engine system can cause significant damage.
Battering braid for grass (trimmer for grass) with a blessed motor
Tired of wielding a hand.toe to maintain a summer cottage in the summer in a decent form. I decided to acquire a trimmer, the choice fell on the subja, since the lot of the Blessed Motor was directly indicated in the lot. Honestly, I did not expect much from this trimmer for the grass. its power is clearly low, and my plot is running and in some nooks looks like a jungle on minimum worshipers. Therefore, the minimum program was to use it in places that were difficult to accessible to braids. between berry bushes, along the fence, etc.D. Nevertheless, after using a trimmer for grass, I responsibly declare that in my case the tool is quite suitable for replacing a hand braid for grass at a summer cottage.
The declared characteristics: Material: ABS stainless steel of aluminum engine power: 1580 W speed: 18000 rpm battery capacity: 1.5 Ah (according to the marking on cells, then 2 ah) maximum voltage: 21 V of the adjustable length of the pipe: 86 ~ 104 cm
Healthy box from redesigned cardboard, plain and slightly rumpled. The contents inside are located very freely, it would be possible to put the seal, or at least make the box less.
The trimmer for the grass is almost completely assembled, you just need to install the handle, connect the battery and install the knife. Actually, for the first photo I installed everything except the knife.
Consider closer, starting from above. Pen with a claim to anatomical. Not rubberized, but it is convenient to keep. The only organ of the Board is the gas trigger with the lock button in the on state. The battery is attached to the handle. It will be more about him further.
The handle for holding the second hand moves along the pipe, you can choose a convenient position. Tighten with a screw with a plastic hat. Slightly disappointing. they forgot to put the return nut for the screw, I had to look in the bins. With proper fitting, you can work for a long time without a feeling of discomfort.
Then there is a sliding aluminum pipe with a fixation mechanism, like a vacuum cleaner. Height adjustment range. 24 cm. Maximum trimmer height for grass 121 cm.
The most interesting thing is the motor compartment. The position of the head changes about 30 degrees, but the positions are fixed, and there are only three of them. There is a bracket for protecting a knife and a removable casing to protect the user.
Knives in the head are fixed with a nut. Grass can be clogged under the head. it can be ignored to a certain limit, but in particularly neglected cases you have to remove the knife and unwind the “nest”.
Well, the answer to the main question is. inside the truly bastard engine.
The delivery kit includes 5 plastic knives, 2 metal, a screwdriver with a crusade and a flat slot and a key to tightening a nut that fixes knives. All this is folded in a nylon cover on Ziper. Both types of knives are the same in shape and have 14 cm in length.
In addition, a sawing disk with a diameter of 15 cm did not get into the cover. with winning tips on teeth.
At the expense of knives. Plastic ones are suitable for mowing low lawn weed. But on a more or less neglected area they cannot help. Metal are quite good to cope with hard grass. But, if the grass is also high, then they willingly wound it, so you often have to stop to clean them. The disk is beautiful in almost all respects. Almost everything mows with him for the grass. grass, thick stems, young growth of trees. It is quite possible for them to even cut branches with a couple of centimeters thick. In general, I am now using it now, as the main nozzle. One thing is bad. in collisions with stones, concrete, metal, there is a risk that carbide tips on the teeth fly out. I already lost a couple when I did not notice the reinforcement leaning against the wall in the high grass.
The battery format is not Makitovsky, but quite common among the Chinese instrument-I have a chain mini-drin for such a mount almost simultaneously with the sub. Inside the case is an assembly of five cans of 18650, but the sticker on the case still stubbornly claims that the voltage of the battery 24 volts instead of 21. Judging by the marking, banks have a capacity of 2000 mAh and were released in April of this year. I have nothing to measure the capacity, but at least the subjuger battery is heavier from the saw, in which there are 1300 mAh banks.
Due to the impressive width of the mowing and the presence of a large grass collector, a powerful battery of LMO 36-46 provides high speed. The Push Assist function activates the traction drive with one click of the button. Ideal for comfortable work without fatigue in the garden and even on a steep or uneven surface.
LMO 18-33 Battle Set LMO
Maximum mobility and maneuverability in small weight. LMO 18-33 lawn mower with a battery of 18 c / 5.0 ah Kärcher Battle Power provides ease of work and compact dimensions of a battery braid.
Battery voltage: 18 to width of the capture: 33 cm mowing height: 35–65 mm Hall.fitter capacity: 35 liters Maximum performance from one battery charging: 250 m²
Maximum performance from one battery charging on the battery included in the set.
LMO 18-36 Battle Set LMO
Convenient adjustment of the height of the mowing in the upper part of the equipment and performance up to 350 m² for one charge: the LMO 18-36 lawn mower is universal and convenient for use in small and medium-sized areas.
Battery voltage: 18 to width of the capture: 36 cm mowing height: 30-70 mm Hall-fitter capacity: 45 liters Maximum performance from one battery charge: 350 m²
Maximum performance from one battery charging on the battery included in the set.
Kärcher Battle Power platform at 36 in
LMO 36-40 Battle Set LMO
With a performance of up to 550 m² for one battery charge and a grass collector capacity of 50 liters, this is an ideal solution even for large lawns: a lawn mower with a battery of LMO 36-40 is equipped with a powerful 36 V/5.0 Ah battery.
Battery voltage: 36 in the width of the capture: 40 cm Mowing height: 20–70 mm Hall.fitting capacity: 50 l maximum performance from one battery charge: 550 m²
Maximum performance from one battery charging on the battery included in the set.
LMO 36-46 Battle Set LMO
Comfortable work without fatigue, even on a steep or uneven surface: the battery gas-coser Kerher LMO 36-46 is characterized by the Push Assist function, which activates the traction drive for the rear wheels.
Voltage: 36 in the width of the capture: 46 cm Mowing height: 20–70 mm Hall.collector capacity: 55 liters Maximum performance from one battery charge: 650 m²
Maximum performance from one battery charging on the battery included in the set.
The main malfunctions
There are not many of them, but it is necessary to determine them and correctly eliminate them:
- Does not cut weeds. It may mean that the knives were dull and broke. It is recommended to buy a new knife for each season and, moreover, only the one that is necessary for a specific model. If the knife is swept away, it is carefully removed for sharpening. If there is no sharpening experience, the operation is more correct to entrust to the specialists. Having sharpened the knife on both sides of 30 degrees, it is installed in its former place, without violating the balancing. Otherwise, vibration and noise arise, leading to the destruction of bearings. Check the balancing, putting the knife on the screwdriver. If one of the parties is heavier, it will be necessary to cost metal on this side;
- The device moves with difficulty on the lawn. Perhaps they mow too high weeds and you need to adjust the heights of the bevel. It is also worth checking if whether the wheels or rink rotate (freely rotate). They can be clogged with garbage or grass. It is necessary to inspect and clean the details;
- The motor overheats. The reason can be hidden in a blocked air intake, t.e. Air flow is reduced. It is necessary to clean the air intake grilles from accumulated grass;
- Electric device does not work at all (does not show signs of life). If such a breakdown is detected, start by checking the knives, turning off the device and, if they are clogged with grass, then clean them, rotating the cylinder in the opposite direction, while it begins to rotate freely.
If everything is in order with the knives, check the drive belts for gap. Perhaps they stretched out, broke, worn out, or just jumped off the pulley.
To check this, remove the lid from the belts, weaken the mounts of the mounts and bring the pulleys closer to each other. small and large.
A new belt is put on a smaller diameter pulley, then it is gradually “wound up” on a large, smoothly rotating the last.
After installing both pulleys in place, pull the belts and tighten the screws.
Check the belt tension (the deflection should not exceed 4 mm), put the lid in the same place;
- Electric shit. During operation, the cord turning and turning around, moves along the lawn, so in the end its internal conductors break. Therefore, it should be checked for a cliff, when detected, the wire must be replaced, after turning off the gas mowing and removing the circuit breaker cover.
To disconnect the cord, you need a hexagon of 1 mm, which is inserted into the holes for the conductors, weakening the clamps. Having taken out and checking the wire for the presence of a cliff, they set it or a new one, observing polarity;
- The switch is out of order. It is better to diagnose it in the service center. In the same place, if necessary, it is replaced;
- There is no power supply.
The simplest reason may be an electric mower that was not included in the outlet. If other devices included in the same circuit do not work, you should check the machines on the shield or fuses.
How to change oil
For everyone who periodically encounters weeds mowing, the lawn mower is an indispensable thing. A simple device, however, sometimes requires service, which includes replacing the oil used to cool the mechanism, which allows the motor to function at high speeds.
In addition, the oil serves as the protection of parts of an electrical device stored at negative temperatures.
The frequency of oil change is determined by the technical condition of the engine. In the devices of new ones, change oil in lawn mowers is necessary immediately after the completion of the run.in, t.e. After 5-6 hours of continuous work.
In the future, replacement is made after another 5-10 hours. Then garbage does not accumulate in the motor. In the engine, the engine is not a new period between the change of oil increases to 25-50 hours, which corresponds to 2-3 months.
You can determine that oil needs to be replaced by its color: as soon as a black shade appears, you need to replace the motor does not jam.
The whole process of replacing the liquid is divided into stages:
- drain of old oil;
- rotation of an electric lawn mower with a drain hole down;
- installation of the device in a horizontal position;
- filling new oil through the neck to the mark on the crankcase.
What oil is poured into a lawn mower depends on the ambient temperature in which a garden tool is operated. Use the SAE-30 liquid correctly if it is 5-30 degrees on the street. Oil, viscosity of which is 10W-30, is suitable for the off-season, and the 5W-30 series is most preferable in winter.
You can not ignore the Synthetic 5W-30-a reliable tool that provides the operation of the device at small negative temperatures.
If there is a country plot or large land near your individual house or cottage, then for the convenience of cleaning grass and weeds, you must use the lawn mower. If you think to choose an electric lawn mower or gasoline, then click here and you will find comparative characteristics of different models.
Over time, a fishing line for a trimmer on a mower wear out and it needs to replace it. this can be done yourself. Choosing this polyethylene thread is necessary depending on the model of the mowing. It is also worth monitoring the rest of the unit details, for example, you will find information about knives for the Craftsman lawn mower, which also wear out and can lead to irreversible consequences.
The device of the coil, into which the fishing line for the trimmer is inserted, is very simple. But it differs depending on whether a coil with one or two antennae works works. It is important to observe safety precautions while replacing the fishing line in the reel.
The choice of fishing line
In order for the dressing of the fishing line to the trimmer head to be successful, it is important not to fail to choose the consumer material. The thicker the cord you refuel, the more thick and hard grass it can cut. A universal fishing line for a trimmer is often used, the diameter of which is 2 mm. You can choose the diameter suitable for the mower in the following ways:
- See the information about the thickness of the fishing line in the instructions attached to the trimmer.
- Pay attention to the squash itself. Sometimes information is applied on it about possible fishing line diameters.
- Another option is to try to insert the cord into the output. If it easily passes into it, then the selected fishing diameter is suitable for use.
You can choose a cord thread by type of engine. If the fishing line for the trimmer is too thick, then the resistance to rotation will increase. the engine in this case will overheat and will soon fail. Useful recommendations:
- For an electric device with an engine of less than 500 in, a thread of 1.3 mm thick is suitable. If this was not found, then you can use a fishing line for a trimmer by 1.6 mm. If the power is more than 1 kW, then select a cord with a diameter of 2 mm.
- The gasoline trimmer for grass has a shaft mower. For the bent version, the cord for 2 mm is often used. If the shaft is straight, then set the thread 2.4–2.5 or 3 mm. The thickest fishing line for a trimmer is installed on powerful devices. from 1.3 kW.
Pay attention to the type of cross section of the cordry thread. Some popular options:
- The most common fishing lines with a round section. They mow fresh herbs well, but they cope worse with shrubs, drows.
- Twisted (spiral) cord does not differ in high strength, but well suitable for thin young grass.
- The jagged thread with sharp edges is ideal for a large weeds in a neglected area.
- You can mow the lawn in a rectangular, starry or square fishing line for a trimmer for grass, but they are not very durable.
- The most durable is a two.component cord with an internal core and a round section.
Keep in mind that it is impossible to use wire, metal strings and cables, as well as an ordinary fishing thread. The device will be dangerous for both the user and for others. So the cable or similar products will gradually begin to shut down, as a result, their ends will be reacted, and small pieces will scatter at high speed.
Removing and disassembling the coil
The braid trimmer head consists of a casing, a spring (not in every model), bobbins with a cord, cover. Before proceeding to disassemble the coil of the electric unit, be sure to turn off the trimmer for the grass from the network. The disassembly method depends on the mounting of the mowing head. First option:
- To remove the lid covering the inside of the head, click on the latches (latches), which are located on its two sides.
- Remove the lid under which you will see the spool. remove it from the body. Some trimmers have a spring under the bobbin coils, which should also be carefully pulled out.
- Removing the bobbin, you will see the screw in the center of the case. Unscrew it with a screwdriver.
- After extracting the fasteners, take the case body and, shaking it in different directions, remove the gearbox from the shaft.
In the second version, the head of the trimmer for the grass is twisted onto the shaft of the gearbox. To remove it, you need to fix the shaft. To do this, in such devices there is a hole through which a thin screwdriver or metal rod is inserted. Brief Instruction:
- Insert a screwdriver into a special hole, then stall the shaft.
- Get the body of the head and start twist it. This should be done clockwise, t. to. Larva shaft thread.
How to care for a lawn mower, recommendations for servicing lawn mowers
A good owner will always take care of garden tools because he remembers: they need to care for all year round. There are tools that you use only a few months a year. For example, a lawn mower. And so that she serves you as long as possible, you need to take care of it even in winter.
The story of how to care for the lawn mower is worth it, perhaps, starting with what lawn mowers are. Modern units can be divided into two large groups. electric lawns and gasoline. First, consider the general recommendations that are suitable for both types of lawn mowers.
- If you use the lawn mower more than 4 times a month, you need to drag the blade at least once a month. This is explained by many reasons: for example, a blunt blade mophes the lawn unevenly, and this is very harmful to plants. If your goal is to achieve a beautiful even lawn, you just need to monitor the sharpness of the blades. In addition, this is also important for considerations of savings: a lawn mower operating with a dumb blade will use fuel or electricity up to 20 % more than a lawn mower with a sharp blade. By the way, you will have to spend money not only on fuel, because with a blunt blade he will occupy more time and mowing itself.
- If scratches and deformations appear on the blades, then buy a new one without putting it in a long box. The smoothness of the blades is no less important than. Knives for lawn mowers.
- After sharpening, fix the blade as hard as possible. The same applies to the new blade. Please note: the ends of the blade should be turned down to the ground. If the shape of the blade is twisted, make sure that the acute side is turned down.
- After each mowing, wait for the engine to cool, clean the lawn mower from plant residues. A vegetable garbage clings to the lower part of the lawn mower next to the blade, which must be removed. This is important, since the remains of grass under the body or on air intakes can become source of fire. Do not use chemicals for cleaning (in t. h. gasoline or solvents): they destroy the parts of the lawn mower.
- If the lawn mower is working without a herbal collector, leave the valve ajar to avoid overheating of the motor.
Let’s talk more about gasoline lawners. They have a number of advantages: more mobile than electric, powerful, ideal for processing large areas.
Husqvarna gasoline law mmores have proven themselves perfectly, with a large haircut width and comfortable handles. A popular model of lawnmands of this company can be, for example, the Husqvarna LC140S model.
In general, it can be argued that gasoline lawn mowers are more whimsical than electric. This is due to the very specifics of the unit. Starting the new season, you need:
- change oil in a mower (exception. two.tint engines);
- change the spark plugs (as a rule, it is enough to do this exactly once a year);
- Replace the fuel filter and air filter;
- Before starting the engine running.
When cleaning the lawn mower for storage, drain the remaining fuel, after turning off the spark plugs. After the fuel is merged, turn on the lawn mower and work out the remaining fuel.
Let us now turn to electric lawnmands. They are lighter, but less mobile, it is convenient to use them in small areas where there is a close electrical network.
Here, care rules are also dictated by the very specifics of the device: caring for an electric lawn mower is mainly reduced to regularly checking the integrity of the cord and other details that can lead to injury with electric shock. It is also important that electric braids usually have a plastic decree. It needs to be cleaned after mowing especially carefully, the juice secreted by mowed grass can fall on the shaft of the knife drive. This leads to the formation of rust.
In general, electric lawns can be perfect assistants in the garden due to their low weight and maneuverability. So, the weight of the lawn mower Viking Me-235.0 is only 13 kg, and the universal lawn mower Gardena PowerMax 36 E, which can be used both for mowing and mulching, weighs 14 kg.
The most important thing is not to forget about compliance with the rules of operation, and your lawn mower will serve you for a long time!
Stand for charging
When developing technology, Karcher (Kerher) always takes into account the requirements and possible wishes of customers. In this regard, to increase mobility, reduce the costs of maintenance and provide many other requirements, Kerher widely uses in all production areas equipment with batteries.
Types of batteries. Stationary batteries for alternative power supply systems and distribution devices, signaling and light-signal equipment, instrumentation, electrical equipment of hospitals, nuclear research centers, power plants, pumping stations and industrial installations;- traction batteries for flooring equipment, carts with electric drives, tugboats, tugboats, tugboats, tugboats sweeper machines, wheelchairs, automatic transportation systems, boats;- starter batteries for cars and trucks, motorcycles, boats, vessels;- batteries for accumulating regenerated energy for autonomous power supply systems of individual houses, alternative power supply, camping, solar power plants;- batteries;- batteries; special purpose, for example, for watches, signaling equipment, fire and security alarm systems, amateur modeling,on.board batteries for sea and river vessels.
When choosing professional equipment working from batteries, an important criterion is not only its mobility and ease of operation, but also the life of the batteries.
A little theory of the princippe of the battery is as follows: during the operation of the device, the battery produces an electric current entering electrical engines, that is, is in the category mode.
This occurs due to the chemical reaction between the active substances, in this case, lead and sulfuric acid. As soon as the active substances remains less than a specific value, the chemical reaction inside the battery stops, while the electric current ceases to be produced, which leads to the stop of the machine operating.
In order for the battery to be able to produce electricity again, it must be returned to the original state, t.e. charge. In the charge mode, a chemical reaction is revealed in the discharge process, as a result of which the active substances necessary for the production of electric current are restored. The discharge of the battery during operation, followed by its charge, is called the cycle.
The number of these cycles during the operation of the battery is limited. This is the reason for the limited resource of batteries. The fact is that at each subsequent charge, the restoration of the active mass occurs to a slightly smaller value than the previous one, that is, its number with each charge decreases.
There will be a moment when there will be so few active masses in the charged battery that by connecting it to the device, after a very short time, the chemical reaction in the battery will stop, and, accordingly, the electric current will stop.
The currently existing technologies do not allow the batteries to make the “eternal” batteries, and no matter what a high.quality battery is, there is a time when it must be replaced, but the way to use their resource is as much as possible, and it consists in the proper operation of the battery equipment.
The number of full cycles of the scary category is declared by the manufacturer of batteries and depends on the model, type and t.P. In batteries used in the Karcher technique, this amount is approximately 300. 600 cycles. At the same time, the number of cycles declared by the manufacturer is achievable only in the case of proper operation.
Распаковка и запуск газонокосилки Karcher LMO 36-40
Any battery after the discharge mode requires complete charging, which usually lasts at least 7-8 hours. In practice, it very often occurs as follows: the battery was discharged in the process, it is put for a short time for charging, after which it is again allowed into the work. And so several times in a row.
The master class is therefore the first and main rule. Always completely charge the battery after it work. Often this requirement is not fulfilled, because the device is not designed for the area where it is used, respectively, the client operates it “in full”, preventing it from fully charged.
Secondly, if the device has not been used for some time, even for several days, its battery should be completely charged. It is better if the device all this time is connected to a charging device to compensate for self.discharge.
Thirdly, you can not keep the device on batteries at low negative temperatures. If this cannot be avoided, then it is necessary to completely charge the batteries.
Fourthly, it is not allowed to bring the batteries to a deep category, as well as to produce their reloading. This is already in the area of responsibility of service engineers, who, when maintenance, must be verified by the operation of protection from deep discharge on the device and charger.
An important factor in the preparation of the concept of energy consumption is the working capacity. Since only the nominal capacity is indicated in the batteries of the batteries, it is necessary to refer to the issue of affordable working (effective) capacity.
A necessary condition for excluding the damage, as well as the real achievement of the battery life (the number of chargers) specified by the manufacturer is the selection in any operational situations of not more than 60. 80 % of the nominal capacity of the battery during one working cycle, t. e. Only working capacity.
Savings of the battery and, accordingly, its life, to a significant extent, depends on compliance with the limit parameters given in passports. A particularly important criterion for achieving the maximum service life of the battery is the value of the operating temperature.
Factory marriage in batteries is also found about faulty. In this case, the battery almost always “dies” in the first month after the start of operation. That is why it is very important that in the first month after the sale of the device the service engineer comes to the client at least once a week for battery diagnostics.
Homemade batter for mowing
I bought a mower without batteries and made my battery of 18650 elements purchased on Ali. My battery turned out three times cheaper than the original, and its capacity is twice as much as. I conducted field tests. mowed six hundred high grass on one charge.
Last year, I bought a Makita DLM380Z battery for sale for 3990. Now such a mower costs 6990. The letter “z” in the name of the model means the absence of batteries and charger in the set. DLM380PM2 with batteries 4 AH and charging is sold for 15900. My review of the mowing here.
Two standard 18-volt batteries for the Makita power tool of the BL18 series are placed in the mower. They are produced with a capacity of 1.5 to 6 AH. A set of two batteries 5 AH and charging costs 14300. But I went the other way. 🙂
In my battery, 30 elements are 18650 2.5 AH according to the 10S3P scheme. Its common capacity is 277.5 WH (36V 7.5ah).
I bought 40 cans of Liitokala Inr1865025R on AliExpress (Mysku.Club/Blog/AliExpress/75894.html), but only 30 of them were perfect. I opened a dispute and received a return for 10 batteries.
30 best batteries (voltage after storage at least 4.072 V, internal resistance not higher than 20 MOM) I used to assemble. I had to measure the parameters of each battery, add them to the table and select for each of the 10 cells the three closest to each other according to the batteries.
Of course, it would be more correct to combine the batteries with welding, but I soldered them to accelerate, using soldering acid to poison the contacts (this was not the best solution, then I had to drop a dozen fallen contacts). For connection, I used a multi.core wire 1.5 mm².
How To Check, Clean & Replace Lawn Mower Spark Plug
On the one hand, the batteries are inserted into a plastic holder of 6×5 (two connected 3×5).
To protect and control the charge, a 35-amparrome board BMS 10s is used.
For some reason, almost all sellers provide a diagram of its connection with several errors. I hardly found the right scheme.
In the original Makita batteries, normal thermal protection elements are installed, connected between the plus and the third contact. Of course, such protection could be neglected, but I still bought a 60.degree thermal switch and installed it between the batteries. Large current does not go through thermal protection. it is connected to the electronics of the mower.
To charge the battery, it was possible to use a charger from my electric scooter, but it gives only 1.7 A and the battery would be charged for more than 5 hours. I bought 5 ampere charging, charging my battery in less than two hours. The plug chose a standard round 5.5×2.1 mm.
In this charge there is a small and rather noisy fan, but the “sound indication” is obtained. when the battery is fully charged, the fan turns off and immediately audible that the process has ended.
Five wires come out of my battery:. Protection, two charging wires with a nest 5.5×2.1 mm.
I removed a panel with connectors for standard batteries (they are connected by flat “car” terminals), connected the minus of the first connector with a plus of the second and connected the protection of the second battery to this point. Plus the first, minus the second and the protection of the first lengthened through the same contacts so as not to lose a guarantee for a mower.
Instead of the panel, I installed a plastic insert on which a homemade battery will be placed. From the ribbons made a mount, screwing them with self-tapping screws holding a panel with connectors of standard batteries.
On top and below the batteries just in case, gaskets made of porous packaging material are installed (so that nothing is closed for sure), the battery is wrapped with food film (as it can be quickly unpacked and packaged).
To connect three wires, 32 ampere connectors WAGO 221 are used. You can charge the battery without removing the mowing.
The battery compartment is tightly closed with a lid, so that the grass does not get inside.
The voltage on a fully charged battery was 41.06 c. It was enough for 49 minutes of continuous operation of the mowing in difficult conditions (high grass, stops every 1.5-2 minutes to devastate the container) and for 54 minutes of work with repeated mowing after a week (dandelions, stops every 3-3.5 minutes). It may seem that 49-54 minutes is not enough. In fact, this is a lot. in fact, it is more than 2.5 hours of work and about 6 acres of mowing with uneven relief and many obstacles.
About ten minutes before the end of the work, the right battery discharge indicator on the mower began to flash. At the end, the braid stopped and no longer started (internal protection does not allow the engine to turn on). The voltage on the battery was exactly 35 volts.
In the process of operation, the battery was very weak. degrees to forty.
I measured the voltage on each cell of three batteries immediately after use, and then after charge.
I’m not sure that BMS works correctly: 4.238V on the first cell is much. But I don’t know how to check his work.