lawn mower stalls at high speed cause
lawn mower stalls when you press the gas: causes and remedies
- Diagnostic features
- Main reasons
- When the air damper is opened
- Ways to eliminate breakage
- Operating tips
a lawn mower and a gasoline trimmer are machines that do not just mow the grass, but cut it up to several times more than their counterparts with an electric motor. Once the lawn mower or petrol trimmer stalls for a while, and the mowing process immediately slows down.
When you run your trimmer or lawnmower at idle, you find that the device will start. but stall after, say, 5-10 minutes. The reasons may be as follows:
- clogging, violation of carburetor adjustment;
- initially incorrect setting of the carburetor valve mechanism;
- clogging of the air filter;
- reduction in the speed of the gearbox (if any). the wrong ratio of the air-fuel mixture;
- clogging of the throttle;
- the penetration of excess air into the fuel system;
- running out of fuel in the tank (and oil in the tank if the engine is four-stroke).
If there are problems directly with the carburetor, the machine will stop both after a cold start and after starting on an already running engine.
Immediately after the start
The stalling of a lawn mower or trimmer immediately after the start is due to the following reasons:
- imbalance of previously adjusted valves;
- initially incorrect setting of the valve mechanism;
- clogging of the fuel supply valve by deposits;
- the hose is worn out or loosely connected.
Due to a broken fuel injection algorithm, the lawn mower or trimmer vibrates strongly during operation.
In the process of warming up the engine
If the engine heats up too quickly, overheats. the lawn mower or trimmer works unevenly, as if in jerks. After which it will stall. The reason may be as follows:
- boiling gasoline;
- the ignition wire is damaged (poor insulation);
- the coil in the ignition system has noticeably burned out, interturn short circuits have appeared.
The same heating is observed when using a rotary (rather than disc) damper.
When the air damper is opened
The mower or trimmer stalls when the shutter is raised for the following reasons:
- pumping excess air due to a cracked fuel suction hose;
- oil seals are worn out;
- improper functioning of the fuel and air metering unit when they are mixed.
In this case, the lawn mowers stop immediately.
A well-posed question is already half the answer. The search for a solution will be significantly accelerated by the fact. under what circumstances a petrol trimmer or lawn mower stalls, namely:
- immediately after the start;
- when it has been idling for some time. after one or several minutes;
- when you press the gas button (or knob). or shortly after starting work at high, near-maximum speeds;
- under heavy load (for example, to prune bushes, mow dense and tall weeds);
- when warming up in the cold. it heats up unnecessarily (the lawn mower has stalled due to overheating);
- after opening the air damper.
Depending on which of the circumstances was clarified during the pre-diagnosis, the elimination method looks for a more specific cause of the lawn mower or trimmer malfunction.
Possible reasons for the lawn mower or trimmer to stall when trying to restart and resume interrupted work:
- engine problems;
- failure in the gasoline and oil supply system;
- damage to pipelines (capillaries, hoses, nozzles);
- faults in the ignition system.
A general description of scythe or trimmer problems is not enough here. A clear and immediate repair, high-quality service is impossible without specifying the identified cause.
If stalled under load
Sometimes the trimmer stalls under load because it cannot gain momentum. This means that the cable, which is taut in the carburetor, is loose and slack. If you have experience in repairing this unit, the cable should be tightened.
Another cause of the malfunction is that the fuel intake hose is too tight. Under load, it stretches even more, as a result of which cracks are formed, as a result, the part deteriorates. To eliminate the breakdown, you will need to replace this element.
If stalled without gaining momentum
If the trimmer does not pick up speed and turns off, there may be several reasons. The most common culprit is a clogged air filter. It must be pulled out and cleaned, if necessary replaced.
On a note! The trimmer could stall without gaining speed due to a carburetor malfunction. The unit for repair or replacement must be taken to the service center.
Another possible malfunction is related to the mechanics of the motor drive. This part of the trimmer must be thoroughly cleaned and the inner cables must be lubricated.
You also need to make sure that the cable in the carburetor has not slept. Before using the trimmer for the first time, check this structural element to ensure that it is firmly and not tightly tensioned. Otherwise, the cable may crack, resulting in costly repairs.
Preventive measures and rules of operation
In order for the lawn mower to function properly and not stall when started, it must be properly stored and operated. Compliance with the following simple recommendations will allow you to forget about problems.
- When mowing grass, the condition of the cooling system must be monitored. It is also necessary to regularly clean the channels in the housing and the ribs of the starter.
- Use kerosene, thinner or other detergent to clean the instrument.
- Do not clean the instrument while it is hot. it must cool down before washing.
- It is important to observe the recommended operating mode to avoid overheating of the engine.
- If the scythe is not used within the next thirty days, the fuel must be drained, otherwise it will decompose into heavy components that can clog the channels of the carburetor.
- After the fuel has been drained, the trimmer should idle for a while until it turns off. This will completely get rid of the remaining working mixture inside.
To store the tool in cold weather, you must:
- completely drain the fuel;
- disassemble the lawn mower, wash and clean all available components;
- inspect the condition of the parts, eliminate all defects that can be corrected;
- pour the prescribed amount of oil into the gearbox;
- clean the air filter;
- partial disassembly of the engine, wash, blow out and lubricate all moving parts;
- to lubricate the piston, unscrew the candle, then use the starter to raise the piston to top dead center, pour a small amount of oil into the hole for the spark plug and turn the crankshaft several times.
Important! If it is not possible to store the trimmer in a warm, dry room, you must first wrap the motor with an oiled rag.
Only by observing these rules, you can be sure that the lawn mower will work properly and will not stall for a number of seasons.
As you can see, there are many reasons for the trimmer to stop working. Most of them can be corrected by yourself using the user manual. In cases where there is no self-confidence, it is recommended to take the equipment to repair. It is worth remembering that the wrong actions can cause even more harm to the trimmer. As a result, repairing lawn mowers will cost significantly more than it would have been originally, and in the worst case, you may need to buy a new unit.
If stalled during idle operation
If the lawn mower stalls while idling, there may be several factors.
- First you need to check the prepared fuel solution when it comes to a four-stroke trimmer that runs on a gasoline-oil mixture. There is a possibility that it was made incorrectly. the proportions are not maintained. Because of this, the gearbox heats up, and the revolutions on the drum decrease.
- Another likely cause is a clogged element such as the throttle valve, air filter, or carburetor. The specified parts need to be cleaned.
- Another possible factor is misalignment or misalignment of the carburetor. You need to re-configure according to the instructions.
- Observe this problem mono even when the air damper is opened. In this situation, the lack of fuel for the trimmer occurs due to the air flow.
If the device does not have enough fuel, it works properly at high speeds or when they increase, but stalls at idle. If the root of the problem lies in the carburetor, the mower will shut off on both cold start and hot start.
Causes of malfunction and their elimination
In order to most accurately determine the cause of the malfunction of any brand of trimmer (for example, Echo) and find out the possibility of its elimination, you need to establish at what action the device stalls. The engine can be turned off both at idle and at high speeds, heating up under load or immediately after starting, etc.
Trimmer stalls. how to fix the problem
The petrol trimmer is a useful tool for clearing unwanted grass from house areas and large lawns. The design of this technique is quite complex, therefore, if the device breaks down, there may be several reasons. The most likely factors causing the breakdown are usually described in the user manual. Knowing why the trimmer stalls, you can try to fix the defect yourself. The most common malfunctions that provoke a stop of lawn mowers, and the possibility of repairing them with your own hands. in the material below.
If stalled at high speeds
If the carburetor stalls at high speeds, this means that at idle and low speeds, the incoming fuel is enough for it, but not enough to work at high speeds. Then it is necessary to check the health of the following trimmer assemblies.
- Fuel hose. may have been damaged by cracking. In this case, you need to replace the part. Or maybe you just need to tighten the clamps.
- The filter mesh between the carburetor and the gasoline supply hose. it could be clogged. In this situation, it is necessary to clean the part.
- The valve located on the gas tank cap. it could get stuck or clogged with debris. Cleaning is also needed.
- Carburetor. it may be misaligned as a result of constant vibration. This is usually the case for cheap Chinese parts. To fix the problem, you need to configure according to the instructions. In some cases, it is enough just to loosen the tightening of the carburetor body. If the adjustment fails, you need to install a new element.
- Additionally, you should check the air filter. It may need to be rinsed and cleaned or replaced with a new one, as it could get clogged with dirt and grass particles when the equipment is tilted, when the user mowed in hard-to-reach places.
If stalled after launch
If the equipment starts and stalls immediately after starting, this indicates an incorrect setting or misalignment of the device. As a result, fuel does not flow to the engine evenly, resulting in significant vibration and trim disengagement. To fix the breakdown, it is necessary to reconfigure the device according to the user’s manual.
Another probable problem is a clogged gasoline supply valve. It needs to be cleaned.
On a note! If the trimmer starts but stalls immediately, it may also mean that fuel is having difficulty moving to the carburetor. The weakening of the valve will help to eliminate the problem. this will ensure uniform and free circulation of fuel in the device.
Another possible cause is a damaged fuel intake hose. Air can enter the system through cracks and holes. To solve the problem, you need to increase the engine speed in order to get rid of air bubbles that have penetrated into the device.
How To Fix a Lawn Mower That Quits, Dies or Stalls After 2 Minutes. Video
lawn mower stalls
When purchasing a lawn mower, you need to be prepared for the fact that, as in all other similar tools, breakdowns may also occur in it that will require repair.
However, you should not immediately run to the service center and pay a lot of money to the masters who convince you of a serious malfunction in the device.
the lawn mower stalls at high speed on gas
Perhaps the most common complaint related to petrol trimmers is “lawn mower stalls.”.
Of course, the reason for this may be a rather serious malfunction. However, most often the situation is much simpler than it seems at first glance.
To cope with such a problem, first of all, try to figure out its causes on your own, because after finding out the cause, it is much easier to deal with the problem, and sometimes it even self-destructs.
In fact, the reasons are when the lawn mower stalls at high speeds, there are quite a few reasons.
Another one is the presence of malfunctions in the power system.
In this case, the lawn mower will stall at idle speed. A misalignment or improper adjustment of the carburetor can lead to problems with the power system.
Vibrations that occur during the operation of the lawn mowers can lead to misalignment.
Incorrect adjustment of lawn mowers can be corrected simply by adjusting it in accordance with the requirements specified in the instruction manual.
In addition, sometimes gasoline trimmers can stall due to the fact that the valve located in the gas tank cap is simply clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using a scythe by loosening the gas cap.
If the device works properly in this mode, clean the valve.
over, the lawn mower can stall due to poor fuel flow to the carburetor.
Why, then, does the device start, you ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel gradually runs into the carburetor and it is enough to work at increased power.
However, then it is produced and at high speeds the engine starts to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem here may also be that its body is too tight.
The reason that the lawn mower stalls at high rpm on gas may also be air leaks.
This is the possible presence of a place through which air can pass during the heating of the engine.
Be sure to check the fuel inlet hose, among other things. The problem may be that it does not hold well or is cracked altogether.
These are the main reasons why a lawn mower can stall.
the lawn mower often stops when it heats up. At the same time, it starts up, works “jerky” and gradually stops. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils or the damper is installed in a rotary rather than disc type. In the latter case, the part is changed.
It happens that the trimmer heats up if the ignition circuit wire or coil is damaged. In order for the device to start working normally, replace parts.
Immediately after wound up
The unit may stall immediately after starting if the carburetor is misaligned or incorrectly adjusted. this causes an uneven fuel supply. The result is that the device vibrates distinctly. For troubleshooting, the carburetor is reconfigured, following the instructions for the mechanism.
Also, the engine stops when the fuel supply valve becomes clogged. In such cases, it is sufficient to simply clean it. If the lawn mower started working at first, but then immediately stalled, then it is possible that the fuel enters the carburetor unit with some difficulty. The weakening of the valve helps to solve the issue, which ensures free circulation of the mixture in the system.
The stoppage can also be caused by air leaks in the presence of mechanical damage to the hose (holes, cracks) that takes the fuel. In this case, add more revolutions to the drive in order to quickly expel air bubbles from the system.
When you hit the gas
If the lawn mower stops when the throttle is pressed, the reasons may be as follows:.
- The most common option is carburetor adjustment failure, which occurs when the drive is under heavy load, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism, or when it is used in difficult conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which is eliminated by loosening it, as a result of which gasoline begins to flow normally through the system.
- Looseness and dangling of the cable in the carburetor. The fuel hose may also be stretched to the point of rupture due to significant stress.
- Clogged breather (check valve), as a result of which fuel does not enter the tank.
If the problem is with the carburetor assembly, the lawn mower vibrates to recognize it. When the hose bursts or the cable is stretched, these components are replaced.
Why does the petrol trimmer stall
A scythe with a gasoline drive is a useful thing for owners of home gardens, lawns, and when the trimmer suddenly stalls, the work to clear the area from grass stops. The device itself is a rather complex mechanism, so there are many different reasons for its breakdown. The most common malfunctions are contained in the operating instructions. You should know the reasons why the trimmer stalls in order to effectively repair the device yourself.
What could have broken
Problems with the lawn mower due to the fact that this device does not start are classified in a certain way by service specialists. They highlight faults with the following components of the mechanism:
- an engine in which the piston and bearings may wear out or fail, crack the crankcase;
- the fuel supply system, while the filter may be clogged or problems with the carburetor;
- mechanical damage to wires, tubes, hoses;
- ignition circuit.
To correctly determine the node where the breakdown occurred, you need to pay attention to the circumstances under which the trimmer stalls.
At high revs
When the scythe stalls at high speeds, this is due to the following problems:
- clogging or sticking of the valve located on the gas tank cap;
- the carburetor is out of alignment under the influence of vibrations arising from the operation of the mechanism;
- problems with the circulation of the fuel mixture;
- suction of atmospheric air;
- the fuel intake hose is cracked or loose.
Adjust the carburetor referring to the trimmer operating instructions. For adjustment, it is often sufficient to loosen the tightening of its housing. If there are problematic points with the circulation of the fuel mixture, then it can gradually enter the carburetor. After its development, the engine stalls at high speeds.
At idle speed
At idle, common reasons for stopping the trimmer are as follows:
- contamination, misalignment or incorrectly adjusted carburetor adjustment;
- clogged air filter;
Replacing the air filter for lawn mowers
Trimmer air filter
- reducing the speed of the gearbox when it heats up, which is a consequence of the use of an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- clogged throttle;
- air entering the system;
- not enough fuel to operate the lawn mowers.
If the problem area is the carburetor, then the equipment will stop at both “cold” and “hot” start.
When the air damper is opened
It happens that the unit stalls when the air damper is opened, normally idling. This is due to air leaks in the system, caused by cracks in the fuel hose or problems with the oil seals. The carburetor metering system may also malfunction, and the lawn mower will stop after opening the damper.
Fuel hose in carburetor
All the possible reasons that the lawn mower stalls, and how to fix them, are contained in the following video.
There are many reasons for stopping lawn mowers, but the most common malfunctions associated with its carburetor. They can occur in any case. The most problematic option is when a serious breakdown occurs, and you need to purchase new parts or change the lawn mower.
In order for the trimmer to work normally for a long time, you must strictly follow the instructions for use. It is necessary to fill the unit with a suitable fuel mixture, the unit should operate at moderate load.
Filling the mixture when the mechanism is running
Also, the cause of a breakdown can be the direct filling of the mixture with a candle at the moment when the mechanism is started. In order to solve this problem, it is necessary to unscrew and dry the candle, but remember that it should never be ignited. Excess fuel must be drained through the hole (plug), wait 20-30 minutes, then put it back in place and try to start the tool again.
Silencer as the cause of the saw stalling under load
Here’s another reason why the chainsaw stalls when you press the gas. the muffler. It is this part that can interfere with the full operation of the tool in cases where it is contaminated directly with exhaust resinous deposits. To do this, you just need to clean it.
Quite often, the Partner chainsaw stalls when pressed and the reason for this is the cylinder-piston group. Since by examining them, namely the piston and cylinder, you can easily determine the cause of the malfunction of the tool, by directly replacing them. You can also make a direct boring of the cylinder itself relative to the size of the new piston.
But if after inspection you find that both the piston and the cylinder are not damaged, then the reason may lie directly in the rings (piston). For this kind of check, it is necessary to insert a piston into the cylinder and gently begin to swing it by means of a connecting rod. If suddenly you feel a backlash then the rings need to be replaced, since they have already worn out.
There is no spark and the chainsaw does not pick up speed
The chainsaw stalls when you press the gas due to the fact that there is no spark. This can happen when there is no good contact between the tip of the candle and the wire (high voltage). However, if this kind of connection works correctly, but there is still no spark, then the whole reason is the ignition unit (electronic). It is important to note that these types of parts cannot be repaired, so they can only be replaced.
Do not forget that by examining the spark plug, you can get significant information regarding the breakdown of the chainsaw. Since if its surface is dry, then the reason for this is the cylinder, which is not directly supplied with fuel. That is why you will have to check the entire range of its presentation step by step. If the candle is covered with black soot, then this means that the carburetor is not working correctly, that is, it either supplies a lot of fuel or pours oil directly into gasoline.
An important fact is that for the trouble-free operation of the tool, it is necessary to be careful enough directly to the fuel. Since if this kind of mixture is not prepared correctly, then most chainsaws will simply not start. Consequently, not every owner will guess to look for the cause of the breakdown in the fuel. That is why, in order for your tool to always work correctly, you need to use exclusively high-quality gasoline for the mixture.
And also use only the oil that is made by the manufacturer of your tool. In addition, it is important to prepare this kind of mixture in the amount that you definitely use in one or two weeks, but not more (see the proportion of gasoline and oil for a chainsaw).
Otherwise, overexposing the mixture directly in the canister will lead to the fact that it will lose all its octane properties and this will lead to significant problems with the instrument.
Why does the chainsaw stall when you give the gas when pressed, and does not start under load at idle
There are often cases when the owners of chainsaws are faced with their breakdown and it does not matter at all what model of this kind of equipment, since the nature of the breakdowns is almost the same for everyone. Well, the chainsaw has stalled and what’s next? Undoubtedly, you can refer the equipment to specialized services that will repair your “iron friend” for a fee. But as the saying goes: why pay more?
After all, you can personally disassemble the tool and repair it, since the breakdown may be insignificant, and in the service you will pay a lot for this. But naturally, in order to bring the instrument back to life yourself, you need to be able to understand the reasons for its breakdown and how to troubleshoot it. So let’s learn! In this article, you can find answers to questions regarding situations when the instrument simply stalls after directly pressing the gas. So let’s get started.
Not enough fuel to feed and run the chainsaw at full power
If the chainsaw stalls when gas is added, it means that the fuel is not supplied in sufficient quantities for the full operation of the chainsaw. This may be due to both clogging of the carburetor (its jet) and contamination of the filter itself (fuel). Remember that only professionals should check the first node, but you can clean the second one yourself.
What to do if your lawn mower starts and stalls?
Now let’s consider all the above described problems in more detail.
The lawn mower stalls when you press the gas.
In principle, there can be a huge number of reasons why the engine of a lawn mower stops working when you press the gas. We will consider here only the most common.
Perhaps the air damper is just clogged. And to eliminate the problem that has arisen, it will be enough just to clean the air damper. Also, the engine stalls due to a clogged air filter. To clean it, the filter should first be washed in a solvent and then blown out with a stream of compressed air.
A similar procedure should be carried out with a clogged fuel filter, which prevents the flow of fuel in the proper volume when the engine speed is increased.
The engine can also stall for other reasons. Firstly, the spacer located between the cylinder and the carburetor worn out, and secondly, the crankshaft oil seals began to suck in air.
lawn mower stalls when heated.
We have already pointed out that in this case the problem is in the carburetor. Due to the increased temperatures, gasoline begins to boil in it, due to which the air-fuel mixture ceases to form or its quality is critically reduced.
In addition, this problem may arise due to the fact that the carburetor is equipped with a rotary valve, not a disc valve. If the problem has become chronic, then it should be solved radically. by purchasing a new carburetor with a disc damper.
the lawn mower starts and stalls.
Most likely, access to the fuel tank is difficult or completely absent, due to which a low pressure zone forms in it, due to which the engine stops receiving fuel in the required amount and because of this it stops working.
lawn mower stalls at idle speed.
The engine at idle speed can stall for the following reasons:
Gearbox is too hot
News oneNews oneNews oneNews oneNews one
News oneNews oneNews oneNews oneNews one
he got up and began to prepare a not quite normal gasoline solution, which is why the revolutions on the drum began to drop;
What to do if the trimmer stalls when you press the gas?
So why does the trimmer stall when you press the gas? There can be several reasons for this problem.
- The carburetor is out of alignment after an unsuccessful wintering or after too much use of the lawn mower. The petrol trimmer runs on an air / fuel mixture prepared by the carburetor. If incorrectly adjusted, this mechanism prepares a lean mixture, which is not able to provide the engine with a sufficiently high speed. You can understand the problem with the carburetor by the characteristic vibrations of the lawn mowers.
- You will know about a clogged fuel filter by the fact that the trimmer starts and stalls. In other words, there is enough fuel flow to start the mower, but not enough to keep the engine running. It may be possible to solve the problem by loosening the valves on the filter. If not, you should wash the filter in solvents and blow it out with compressed air. If after that the problem is not solved, then you should purchase a new fuel filter.
- If the engine stalls at speeds close to maximum, then there may be a problem with the breather, which regulates the air supply to the gas tank. When fuel is consumed too quickly, which is typical when you give gas, a rarefied pressure is formed in the gas tank, due to which the flow of fuel into the engine is reduced.
- The engine stalls when the choke is opened. The problem, again, is associated with the carburetor, which, due to excess air, prepares a lean air-fuel mixture, which is not capable of ensuring engine operation.
Why the lawn mower stalls?
In this article we will look at the problem, why the lawn mower stalls and how to deal with this problem.
Even very good lawn mowers can have trouble starting. For example, it starts up and stalls. Most likely, this indicates problems with the filters. air or fuel. If it stalls at idle, then, most likely, the lawn mowers have problems with the carburetor, which overheats too quickly and can no longer cope with the formation of a high-quality air-fuel mixture.
If the trimmer stalls when you press the gas, i.e. when the engine starts to run at high revs, then this indicates a problem with the carburetor or with the fuel filter.
Problems with lawn mowers with an air filter will be indicated by the fact that it stops working when the air damper is opened.
lawn mower stalls on hot? There is a solution!
the lawn mower stalls when hot. this means that there is already a certain amount of fuel in the engine to start the engine, but after 5-10 minutes of operation, it stops working. This behavior of the engine indicates problems with the fuel filter.
There are two solutions. preventive and radical. Preventive is to try to clean it, which will consist in cleaning the contamination with a solvent, and then blowing the filter with a jet of compressed air.
But in case of severe pollution, you can fix the breakdown only by applying a radical solution. this is the purchase of a new fuel filter.
Does the engine stall immediately after starting? why is this happening
Another common prerequisite for not starting the trimmer is the presence of a blockage in the filter area. To confirm the hypothesis, it is enough to dismantle the designated unit and test the start-up of the unit without it. If the trimmer engine starts, most likely you will have to create a change of the air filter or, at least, perform a painstaking purge of the old one. If there is abundant contamination on the filter element, use the latest mesh. When resorting to similar actions, it is not recommended to leave the absorbing tube completely without a filter. After all, haste in our version leads to the need to repair the entire piston group of the engine unit.
Often the engine of branded trim models stalls when the breather is clogged. The main task of the designated component is to equalize the pressure in the fuel tank. For which the design of the contamination of the unit is intended, a vacuum appears here, which greatly complicates the supply of fuel. The fault can be removed by cleaning the breather with an ordinary sewing needle.
Trimmer Starts And Stalls Immediately Causes
Where to start diagnosing defects if the trimmer won’t start? In situations where the tool stalls immediately after starting, it is worth looking at the following units of the unit:
Specifically, the breakdown of the above locations for the most part leads to the fact that the trimmer does not start well. It is necessary to consider how to remove such problems.
Let’s say your trimmer won’t start. Then the beginning of everything is to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank, to additionally evaluate the quality of the fuel consistency. The motorized unit should only be refueled with high quality gasoline. It is recommended to use fuel, the grade of which is not lower than AI-95. Filling the trimmer with fuel of unknown origin not purchased at a gas station can lead to frequent malfunctions of the tool. This causes a breakdown of the cylinder-piston accounting system. Repairs under these circumstances often exceed the price of the device itself.
Why won’t the petrol trimmer start? Incorrect preparation of the fuel consistency, which consists of oil and gasoline, can also lead to this. The proportions in which the designated components are connected are indicated by the manufacturers in the trimmer instruction manual. It is highly discouraged to prepare a fuel mixture in large volumes, in other words, for the future. Indeed, with long-term savings, there is a loss of the determining parameters of the substance. If the trimmer does not start, it is worth draining the old fuel and using a freshly prepared fuel consistency.
lawn mower. It stalls on a hot one. Probable cause and remedy
Trimmer stalls: causes and troubleshooting
The lawn mower is a mobile, high-performance tool for beautifying home gardens and surrounding areas. With prolonged operation, due to wear of parts or manufacturing defects, malfunctions occur, which lead to the fact that the trimmer stalls or does not start. Since this tool is a rather complex mechanism, there may be several reasons why the lawn mower stalls.
Why does the trimmer stall
There are two main ways to troubleshoot problems: transferring the braid to a specialized center or solving the issue with your own hands. The first option is suitable for those who are ready to pay a “tidy” sum to restore the unit’s performance, and the second for those who have basic locksmith skills and can independently figure out the causes of breakdowns and ways to eliminate them.
It is now accepted to classify breakdowns for which the lawn mower stalls into the following categories:
- mechanical damage to the internal combustion engine crankcase, malfunctions of the cylinder-piston group (CPG);
- breakdowns associated with the supply of the fuel mixture (air filter, carburetor);
- malfunctions due to damaged tubes, hoses, cables or ignition circuit.
Trimmer ON COLD does not start well, what to do?
What to do if the used fuel mixture is in perfect order, alas, as before, the petrol trimmer does not start? The prerequisites for the failure of the mechanism are variations to be found in the excessive moisture of the candle channel. To diagnose and eliminate the difficulty, you need to do the following:
- Remove the candle. Wipe it painstakingly and dry it further.
- Drain off excess fuel in the chamber through the corresponding plug hole.
- Clean an old candle if there is carbon deposits on its surface. The use of an ordinary ladies’ nail file or a file will allow you to cope with the task.
- To install the element in the area, set a gap of 1 mm. To check the parameter, it is enough to place any coin in the gap.
- Assemble the multifunctional unit back.
- Try to start the trimmer.
It is recommended to dry the candle channel at a minimum for half an hour. But do not resort to calcining its parts. After all, heating the spark plug leads to its final damage. What to do if the service of the multifunctional unit was carried out according to the above tips, but the trimmer does not start, of course there is a spark with all this? Here it is worth treating the threaded connection with gasoline. The latter does not need to be abundantly impregnated with fuel. It is only slightly moisturized. Such actions should be taken to ensure ignition. After all, no matter how strong a spark is given by a candle, in a completely dry chamber there simply will not be anything to ignite.
Even if the trimmer does not start here, it is worth assessing the quality of the contact between the high-voltage wire and the candle. For which the design of the absence of a spark is intended (if there is a reliable connection between the designated elements), for sure, the discrepancy is caused by a breakdown of the ignition unit. In this situation, you will have to turn to the services of wizards who will reinstall the node.
The lawn mower stalls when you press the gas
Gas key lawn mowers
Hole in the fuel cap (breather) of the trimmer
Lawn mowers fuel valve
With a similar problem, you should pay attention to the fuel valve, which, when clogged, ceases to pass the fuel mixture normally. The solution to this problem is to mitigate it with a suitable tool. In addition, the problem with the circulation of the fuel mixture may lie in the contamination of the valve. To do this, it is enough to blow it with a stream of compressed air.
The reason why the trimmer starts and stalls
Why the chainsaw does not start well and stalls
In case of poor start-up of the equipment “to cold”, the problem may be in the absence of compression, i.e. rings are worn out due to a long service life, they need to be replaced. Sometimes the reason that the engine does not start well in an unheated state is a problem with the muffler, as well as poor contact between the spark plug and the wire.
Also, the reasons for a poor start can be wear or damage to the gasket, rubber cuff in the accelerator pump of the carburetor, due to which there is an additional flow of air, leading to an increase in the speed of the saw.
Chainsaw starts and stalls: reason, video
- The most commonplace reason why the chainsaw started up and stalled may be the low fuel level in the tank. This can be confirmed by stopping the operation of the tool when tilting, when the remaining fuel accumulates in a certain place in the fuel tank. With low-quality fuel, there may also be a problem with the operation of the chainsaw, in this case, you need to completely replace it.
- Breather blockage, which significantly reduces fuel consumption to the engine.
- Insufficient contact of the wire cap with the plug, which leads to strong heating of the plug insulator. Deterioration of contact can occur due to mechanical shear or carbon deposits.
- Broken spark plugs.
- Clogged muffler, which impairs exhaust gas output, causing the engine to stop running. For this reason, the chainsaw can start and stall at idle speed. Sediment in the muffler can also appear due to poor-quality fuel or improper use of the tool.
- Poor carburetor adjustment.
- Breakage of the piston group
- Fuel filter or pump problems. In this case, gasoline may flow through the pump or poorly flow through the fuel filter to the carburetor. As a result, the chainsaw starts up and stalls when the speed increases.
- Dirty air filter. Problems with this piece of equipment lead to the fact that, with increased loads on the engine, it simply cannot cope with them due to blockage and stops. A similar result is also obtained with an increase in revolutions.
- Short circuit due to lack of or insufficient lubrication, or a problem with the chain brake.
The reasons why the chainsaw starts and stalls
A chainsaw has long been not a luxury, but a necessary tool for those who have a summer cottage or home ownership. But, like any other technique, this tool tends to fail, despite the simple device.
The classification of the main faults includes:
- complete absence of engine plant
- the engine starts and stalls
- unstable tool performance
- work stop under load
- loss of power.
If the chainsaw does not start at all, the reason may be as follows:
- Manufacturing defect
- Lack of fuel
- Problems with starting the ignition system
- No spark from spark plugs
- Poor fuel mixture
- Carburetor clogged
- High voltage wire problems
- No compression.
Why does the chainsaw start and stall, what to do in this case? It is necessary to consider in detail the reasons for this.
The operation of the equipment must be correct, with periodic inspection of the constituent elements to prevent damage. To troubleshoot, it is necessary to check all components of the equipment for their functioning.
If the chainsaw starts and stalls, the cause can be eliminated on your own. If it is a shortage or improperly prepared fuel mixture, it must be corrected. For prophylaxis during the idle time of the chainsaw, you should always drain the remaining fuel.
Spark plugs should be checked periodically. In this case, remove carbon deposits that clog the joint gap, and also check the tips for the presence of fuel. Another cause of spark plug problems can be when they get wet with gasoline. To do this, they need to be removed, wiped off with a rag and left to dry. Defective spark plugs are replaced.
If there is no spark between the spark plug and the high-voltage wire, but if there is a good connection, the ignition unit must be replaced.
A clogged muffler is a common cause of breakdown, in which the chainsaw starts up and stalls immediately. To eliminate the malfunction, you need to dismantle the muffler, clean it from carbon deposits using sandpaper or a special chemical solution. If the model of the chainsaw is non-separable, chemicals are poured into the system and are there for several hours, then it is blown.
The carburetor must be adjusted if the chainsaw stalls at idle speed. Fine tuning is a rather laborious process, so it is usually done in service centers. But, on some models there are elements for setting it up, just turn the bolt half a turn to increase the speed of the chainsaw, the problems will be eliminated. If the jets, nozzles, channels and filters are clogged, the entire carburetor must be disassembled and cleaned. When the oil seals, gaskets, cuffs are worn out, it is necessary to replace them, preventing air leakage.
If there is a problem with the fuel or air filter, it is necessary to replace the fuel pump or clean the air filter.
If the breather is clogged, it must be cleaned with a regular needle.
When the chainsaw starts up and immediately stalls, the reason may lie in the malfunctioning of the chain. To troubleshoot problems, check the presence of oil in the chain lubrication container, as well as the oil return pipe for breaks or blockages.
When inspecting the piston group, pay attention to the cylinder; if necessary, replace it or the piston. The cylinder can be bored to fit the new piston. If the piston with the cylinder is normal, you should pay attention to the defects of the piston rings and the need to replace them.
Among other things, you should control the service life of the parts specified in the product passport, which include the drive sprocket, tire, chain, part of the anti-vibration system, and replace them in time.
If the tool is idle for a long time, it is worth checking the condition of the fuel line. If the tube is cracked, you will have to replace it with a new one.