Lifan single axle tractor what kind of gasoline.
Lifan engines for single axle tractor: installation, characteristics. Chinese engine Lifan for power tiller
Engine Lifan for power tiller. a universal power unit, designed for installation on small agricultural, garden and construction equipment by China’s largest company Lifan, which since 1992 has specialized in producing not only equipment, but also motorcycles, cars, buses, scooters. High-performance engines are supplied to the CIS countries, as well as European and Asian markets.
Lifan engines have a wide range of products. All of it is suitable for power tillers, cultivators, snowmobilers, ATVs and other equipment.
When selecting the engine model, you need to consider the operating conditions, the brand of motor-block on which the engine will be installed, the amount and type of work performed in the areas, type of power supply and engine power, the diameter and location of the output shaft.
General description of the Lifan device
The engine for a Lifan power block rated at 6.5 liters.с., Depending on the modification, has a classic arrangement: it is a single-cylinder carburetor engine with a bottom camshaft and connecting rod valve train (OHV scheme).
Its cylinder is made in one piece with the engine crankcase, which, despite the theoretical possibility of replacing the cast-iron liner, significantly reduces its repairability with the wear of the cylinder gear.
Air-cooled, forced-air engine with sufficient capacity for hot climates, even under heavy loads.
The ignition system is transistor, which does not require any adjustments. The low compression ratio (8.5) of this engine allows it to run on commercial gasoline AI-92 of any quality.
At the same time, the specific fuel consumption of these engines is 395 g/kWh. t.е. per hour of operation at rated power of 4 kW (5.4 L.с.) at 2,500 rpm, with the right carburetor settings this will use up to 1.1 liters of fuel per hour.
Вся правда о неисправности двигателя LIFAN и аналогичных китайских двигателей
The 168F engine family currently includes 7 models with different options and connection sizes, which have the following features in common:
- Cylinder size (diameter/stroke): 68×54 mm;
- Working volume: 196 cm³;
- Maximum power output: 4.8 kW at 3600 rpm;
- Power rating: 4kW at 2500rpm
- Maximum torque: 1.1 Nm at 2500 rpm;
- Fuel tank capacity: 3,6L;
- Engine oil volume in the crankcase: 0.6 l.
The structure of the engine for the Cascade motoblock is approximately the same for the installation of various modifications of motors. They include:
- Cylinder-piston system with connecting rod and crank mechanism.
- Timing mechanism.
- Ignition system, cooling system, fuel supply.
- Manual start device.
- The system of additional lubrication.
Repair and assembly
As in any other technical unit, there are certain problems with Lifan engines. This is not due to the poor quality of the motors, but to certain circumstances, which, quite often, are related to the consumer himself.
Perhaps the main problem sounds like this. the Lifan single axle tractor does not start. There may be several reasons:
- Bad fuel supply to the tank. to fix it, you need to open the fuel cock and pour fuel into the crankcase.
- Complete lack of fuel supply to the tank. the air filter or fuel cock should be cleaned.
- No spark. in this case, the main reason is the failure of the high voltage coil. The only way out will be a complete replacement of the failed part.
In fact, this is the main repair of the engine Lifan for power tillers with his hands. In principle, the engine manual provides all the detailed information affecting the likely breakdowns, as well as methods for fixing them.
Lifan motor blocks, parts for which can be purchased at official dealers, have certain requirements for components. In particular, the manufacturer advises to use only those parts that Lifan itself produces when carrying out repairs.
single axle tractor Neva, what gasoline to fill up. Diesel engines
Most farmers try to use any resources rationally, including fuel for power tillers. Diesel engines are considered a more economical option than gasoline engines because of less rapid fuel consumption.
The main advantages of a diesel engine are:
- high efficiency (coefficient of efficiency);
- long service life;
- economical fuel consumption;
- suitable for large plots of land;
- works more efficiently at low speeds;
- has more tractive power; has more tractive power; has more tractive force.
There is an opinion that diesel engine parts wear less than its “gasoline competitor”.
According to numerous reviews on the forums, the owners of the “Neva MB-23SD” power tillers confirm that the life of the diesel engine is longer, than that of the petrol-powered unit. In addition, the high efficiency allows you to spend less fuel, which means that financially this option is more acceptable.
Important! To lengthen the service life of a diesel motoblock it is necessary from time to time to launch a single–axle tractor at full power, at least for several hours, so it wouldn’t stand idle for years. this will notably increase the service life of the diesel engine.
Main problems of the diesel engine and their elimination
A trouble-free machine. the dream of every farmer. But in practice it often happens that there are problems with the engine of the “Neva” power tiller.
The most common problems and factors leading to diesel engine malfunctions are
- Fuel thickening (can be corrected by diluting the fuel);
- nozzle clogging (can be removed by cleaning);
- low air temperature (when working in cold weather, for example)
- low fuel injection pressure (adjust injection system);
- Low compression in the cylinder (caused by a number of causes, including loose cylinder head nuts, which can be corrected by adjusting the nuts; damaged gaskets, which can be replaced; destroyed piston rings, their jamming; damaged cylinder-piston group components; too much valve clearance, which can be corrected by adjusting the gap size; jammed valve stem. removing the valve to flush it and clean the guide will help).
Another serious problem is transmission malfunction. The main causes of these failures are as follows:
- slipping of clutch due to unbalanced belt or cable, high wear of discs or springs
- The clutch is not fully disengaged (it is necessary to check the serviceability of the friction discs and the tension of the cable);
- the gearbox makes a high noise level (the first thing to do is to check the oil level and quality, as well as the level of wear of the gears and bearings. If necessary, replace worn parts);
Finally, if the motor block “Neva” with a diesel engine does not switch speeds, the reasons may be as follows:
- Failed at the ends of the gears (you can solve this problem by disassembling the gearbox and grinding or replacing faulty gears);
- the bearings and splines of the shafts are worn, causing the shafts to shift axially (installing another set of retaining rings and, of course, replacing the bearings helps);
- The clutch system is out of alignment (if a novice operator is operating the machine, it is very likely that the gearshift is not correct). In such a case, clutch adjustment should be entrusted to a professional).
Service for the diesel engine. key points
In order to ensure trouble-free operation of the diesel power tillers “Neva” the manufacturer recommends the following types of engine maintenance:
- checking of oil level, oil top up or oil change;
- adjustment of clutch cables;
- check the gears;
- Check the clutch friction assemblies;
- check and tighten the bolts and nuts;
In a mandatory manner before installing the diesel power tiller Neva “on the downtime” you should perform the following actions:
Maintenance of the diesel engine filter must be carried out after 8-50 hours of operation (depending on the load and the duration of continuous operation).
Это нужно обязательно сделать, если на тракторе двигатель lifan и аналог.
After 100 hours of work change the oil, clean the oil filter and the oil distribution box, do the lubrication work.
After 500 hours of work do the same actions as during maintenance service after the first 50-100 hours of work, in addition remove sludge and dirt from the cylinder head, oil filter and oil distribution box. It is also necessary to clean the water tank from scale.
Do I buy a single axle tractor Lifan: technical specifications, instructions for use and running-in,
Chinese company Lifan (Lifan). a large corporation, which integrates many industries: from small-sized motor vehicles to buses. It is also the engine supplier of a large number of smaller manufacturers of farm implements and small motorcycles.
In the general tradition of Chinese industry, instead of doing its own development, it copies some successful sample, usually from Japan.
The widespread engine of the 168F family is no exception: it is used in many power tillers, cultivators, portable generators and motor pumps and was designed on the basis of the Honda GX200 engine.
The “Lifan” engines for power tillers have proven to be really good, because they are not expensive. In addition, they do not require large investments during operation, unpretentious in service. For all that, the engines are good and reliable.
Their development is mainly the achievements of Japanese engineers. The Chinese industry rarely develops anything new. Most often, they simply adopt the experience of their counterparts, taking a successful example. It is worth noting that such engines are often used in portable generators, for which the main criterion is exactly the reliability of the installed engine. Some even use the engine as a local vehicle to haul sand, firewood or other items.
Design and parameters
The “Lifan” 177 engines have a crankshaft that is positioned horizontally. This helps to ensure small size, simplifies the installation of the engine on the chassis. The torque reaches 15.5 Nm at a speed of 3600 revolutions per minute. At the same time there is a high performance with economical consumption of gasoline. The fuel tank holds 6 liters of fuel. Transistor ignition is durable and easy to maintain; it functions stably in all weather conditions. Machine weight. 26 kg
Gasoline engines “Lifan” of a standard layout with manual and electric start are designed for installation on motor vehicles of different categories. The power unit is a two-cylinder V-engine. It is mounted not only on agricultural machinery but also on go-carts, ATVs, tow trucks, mini-tractors. The modification is durable, easy to use and affordable.
Along with this, the “Lifan” motor of this type has a high rate of power. This makes the model more attractive than its nearest competitors. Power unit is equipped with a light coil (3A), which allows connecting a payload up to 40W.
Working volume is 688 cubic meters. cm, rated power. 21.5 horsepower. The size of the cylinders and timing ensures a compact block. Lightweight unit weighs only 46 kg. High productivity at minimal operating costs. Its simple design makes maintenance and installation no problem. Forced-air cooling system provides high performance in hot weather and handy cable control guarantees easy starting.
Repair and adjustment, speed adjustment
Engine repair sooner or later awaits any single–axle tractor, let it be a Caiman, Patriot, Texas, Pro Arab, VIKING, Forza or any other. Its disassembly and reassembly procedure is simple and does not require any special tools.
Note that the manufacturer does not specify a wear limit for inspecting any engine components, so the following figures are based on an analogy with other four-stroke air-cooled engines:
- Drain the oil from the crankcase and gearbox (if installed) by unscrewing the drain plugs, and the remaining fuel from the gas tank.
- Remove the fuel tank, muffler, and air filter.
- Detach the carburetor, secured to the cylinder head with two studs.
- Remove the recoil starter and fan guard.
- After fixing flywheel with a suitable tool so as not to damage the fan blades, unscrew fixing nut.
- Then use a three-handed universal puller to squeeze the flywheel from its seating cone.
- In case the cause of disassembly caused bad starts and reduced engine power, check if the keyway is not broken, because in this case the flywheel will move and change the ignition timing angle, as determined by the magnetic mark on it.
- Remove the ignition coil and lighting coil if the engine has one.
- Remove the four valve cap bolts, the four cylinder head bolts under the valve cap, and the cylinder head. To check the tightness of the valves, turn the head with the combustion chamber upside down and fill it with kerosene.
- If kerosene does not appear in the inlet or outlet valve head for a minute, the tightness of the valves can be considered satisfactory, otherwise they need to be lapped with abrasive paste in the seats or (in the case of a blowout) replaced.
- On models equipped with a gearbox, remove the cover and the secondary shaft, and then press the drive pinion or sprocket from the crankshaft (depending on the type of gearbox). Replace any gears showing noticeable rubbing.
- Remove the bolts holding the backplate at the perimeter and remove it so you can remove the camshaft from the crankcase.
- With the crankcase space thus free, remove the bolts connecting the bottom cap to the connecting rod body, and remove the cap and crankshaft.
- Push the piston and connecting rod through into the crankcase.
If there is play in the bearings, replace them. Also, since the repair dimensions of the parts are not provided, they are replaced with new ones:
- Connecting rod: when the radial play on the crankshaft journals is increased to a noticeable degree;
- Crankshaft: with scuffing on crank pin;
- Crankcase: with significant (more than 0.1 mm) wear of the cylinder surface in the largest place;
- Pistons: when mechanically damaged (chipping, scoring due to overheating);
- Piston rings: with increase in the gap in the joints over 0.2 mm, if the cylinder bore itself has no breakage that reaches the rejection limit, as well as with appreciable loss of engine oil.
Before reassembling, lubricate all rubbing parts with clean engine oil and clean the soot-covered surfaces of the combustion chamber and piston head to reduce the heat load in those areas. Reassembly of the motor is in reverse order of reassembly.
To grind grain a special device is used. a grain crusher Kolos, which is produced by the Russian Ministry of Agriculture. Here you can get acquainted with this inexpensive and reliable grain grinder.
In the domestic market of agricultural machinery there are different versions of cultivators, not only Russian but also foreign-made. Mantis cultivator. reliable equipment for decades.
A sledge for a snowmobile is a must for comfortable long-distance winter journeys. Follow this link to read how to make a sledge with your own hands.
When installing the camshaft, be sure to align the mark on its pinion with the same mark on the crankshaft pinion.
Tighten cylinder head bolts evenly in two passes crosswise, with a final torque of 24 Nm. Flywheel nut is tightened with a torque of 70 Nm, and connecting rod bolts. 12 Nm.
After assembling the engine, and regularly during operation (every 300 motor-hours) it is necessary to adjust the valve gaps. Procedure: