Line Does Not Come Out Of The Trimmer Spool Cause
Repair and lubrication of the lawn mowers gearbox
The role of the reducer is to transmit the torque from the motor shaft to the cutting tool through 2 gears with different numbers of teeth. The torque is transmitted at an angle of 30 0. The number of revolutions of the lower cutting blade is 1.4 times less than the engine speed. Gears must be clean and lubricated. To supply oil to the teeth, there is a hole under the screw on top.
First, the place where the plug closes the hole should be cleared of soil and grass. Unscrew the plug with a suitable tool, it is included with the saw. We use a grease tube. Either a native lubricant from the manufacturer is selected, or well-known high-quality compounds, such as Oleo-Mas, Litol.24, Azmol 158. We open the protective layer of the tube and put the instrument on its side. Slowly rotating the knife, squeeze the grease into the gear housing. The gears, turning, carry the composition with teeth over the entire surface. You can also pour grease with a special syringe.
Insufficient or too much lubrication can cause the gear unit to heat up. An audible knock and backlash indicate a bearing failure or dirt ingress due to a damaged boot. Bearings must be replaced with a puller, without using the heating method.
If the gearbox staggers and runs on the rod, it is necessary to replace the housing, or temporarily tighten the knot with a clamp to secure it to the pipe. If the knife stops rotating, it means that the gears do not engage. the teeth are worn out or crumbled. You will need to replace a pair with a complete parsing of the assembly.
When replacing a gearbox, it is necessary to select a new unit, guided by:
- Pipe diameter;
- Drive shaft diameter;
- Cross-section of the drive shaft;
- Method of fastening protection
Chainsaw engine won’t start
If the mechanism does not start, immediately stalls, check sequentially:
- Is there fuel in the tank;
- Serviceability of the spark plug;
- Air and fuel filter cleanliness;
- Cleanliness of the breather and exhaust port.
It is necessary to make sure that the candle is working, giving a spark when it comes into contact with the body. In this case, it is necessary to dry the candle channel, clean and dry the part itself. You can change the candle, but the canal still needs to be dried for 40 minutes. Check the health of the high-voltage wire, there may not always be a contact. Malfunction in the ignition unit when repairing lawn mowers, do not fix it yourself.
If, when the air filter is removed, the engine does not stall, the reason is in it. replacement or cleaning is required. Replacing the fuel filter is done with great care. Then check the cleanliness of the breather, remove the muffler mesh and clean the exhaust channel.
The next step will be to repair the carburetor, where you have to find the malfunction and fix it, taking into account the tiny size of the parts. If the simplest operations have not yielded results, in order not to disrupt the fine tuning of the system, it is better to entrust the repair to a specialist. Where to start diagnostics and how to properly repair lawn mowers with your own hands, check out:
Lawn mowers malfunctions and how to fix them
They follow this, the repair of lawn mowers is to troubleshoot;
- The engine does not start;
- The cutting mechanism is not picking up speed;
- Engine stalls;
- The reducer is heating;
- An extraneous knock is heard, strong vibration of the bar.
Before eliminating the malfunction, you need to diagnose, determine the inoperative node.
It is important to know the lubrication points of the tool. Constant care, cleaning the device after work will extend its life. Before work, it is necessary to tighten the fastening bolts, prepare fuel and fill the tank.
Is it possible to repair lawn mowers yourself?
Caring for the cutting units of the lawn mower
The saw headset dulls or wears out over time. Working with the tool becomes tense, the load increases, and the swath quality deteriorates. Metal saw blades sharpen, plastic ones change.
If a fishing line is used as a cutting tool, it gradually wears out, and new material is installed in the spool. The principle of operation of the line cutter is to gradually unwind the coil under the influence of centrifugal force. On contact with the grass, the fishing line is abraded; it is fed from the reel gradually. A special winding is needed so that two cutting elements come out simultaneously and do not get confused with each other.
The illustration shows how to properly wind the line around the reel of the lawn mower. Before winding a new line, you must:
- Having unscrewed the nozzle, carefully remove the cover, holding the spring with your hand;
- Remove scraps of old fishing line from the reel;
- Measure 5 meters of a new string and fold it in half;
- In the reel there are guides for 2 ends, hook the middle part into the recess and wind in the direction of the arrows for each half of the string;
- Pass the remaining 20 cm through the special grooves at the opposite ends of the coil;
- Install the spring and washers, bring the ends of the line out, close the drum with a lid.
For a better understanding of how to change the line on your lawn mower, see.
A couple of tips
If the line was wound correctly by you, then when you press the bobbin button, the cutting element should be automatically pulled out. The line for your mowing device is one of the most important elements, without which the trimmer can lose all its functionality. You can say that the line (cutting element) is the heart of your mower. Therefore, when buying a fishing line, pay attention to its quality first. When purchasing a fishing line of a particular company, be sure to compare it with the quality of the old fishing line.
Changing the line in the trimmer: 2 easy ways
In this instruction, we will walk through the entire replacement process step by step. Going forward, there are two ways to line the trimmer spool. There is no fundamental difference. the difference lies in the fact that in the first case one line will be refueled, folded in half, and in the second there will be two such lines.
Let’s take a look at the representatives of the world’s most famous spool brands on the Russian market:
- Trimmer head Oleo-Mac М-10 / 11.25. This model belongs to the professional automatic options, it is used when operating a lawn mower. The diameter of the working part is 13 cm, it is distinguished by a quick threading of the fishing line.
- “Husqvarna T-45X”. has an open eyelet, easy line feed. Work items can be changed separately. Increased reliability and reduced wear are provided by a ball bearing surface.
- “Husqvarna T-35”. This model is an automatic line feed head (it is quite easy to hit the reel on the ground a little). The tap and go function is located.
- Champion. Modification ET 1002KA belongs to the middle price category. Differs in ease of disassembly, powerful vibration is not felt during operation.
- Trimmer head DDE. The variant of the Win 6 type is designed for grass bevel with a line with a diameter of 2-3 mm. Suitable for electronic and gasoline mowers with a 10 mm work shaft. Very admissible speed on the shaft. 10,000 rotations per minute.
- Autocut С-4-2. This head is suitable for Stihl lawn mowers and is used for mowing grass and cleaning the area. There is an automatic adjustment of the length of the working strings when the head touches the ground. Compatible with 5mm line.
Having met the cord with hard objects, it sharply stops, under the influence of which the forest gets inside the device. It lies under the spool and sticks together. To improve the situation, it will be necessary to suspend the work and lay the line again. In the role of prevention of similar inconveniences, it is recommended to treat the forest with silicone grease before installing it into the coil.
In the device of the Autocut trimmer head, as well as in other automatic models, two parts of the main element are distinguished: the body and the spool. Spring mechanisms are provided in both parts. The spool can be produced in several configurations:
- Modifications with one section. In such circumstances, both ends of the line are wound together.
- Models with a pair of compartments. Here who’s edge is wound on a certain element. This design is more efficient, makes it possible to avoid tangling of the forest and its sintering.
It is possible to redesign a single-section spool to a version with 2 chambers. For this purpose, you will need a sturdy plate, from which a circle is cut with a diameter similar to the thickness of the spool. This part is in free movement. Then a cut is made on the ring, mounted on the head and fixed with tape or glue.
The universal trimmer head can be equipped with holes from 2 to 4 pieces. They are opposite each other. The ends created for mowing are derived from these parts. Apart from the indicated types of bobbins, there is a head designed for a certain size of the line. In such coils, the number of whiskers increases to a dozen. Among users, the views on such devices were divided.
Some consider a similar unit to be more effective. Others are convinced that the line consumption will be significantly higher with an incomprehensible increase in the quality of work. Already today, to change the forest, you need to interrupt the process. When choosing a trimmer, take into account the terrain and vegetation properties. Subsequently, it will not be difficult to find an option that normally fits in a certain situation.
What are consumers saying about the Husgvarna T45X trimmer head? As the owners note, this element has practically no drawbacks, except for the higher price. But there are a lot of advantages in this part. Among them:
This model is suitable for summer residents, gardeners, utilities. Used with braids with a working shaft diameter of 3-3.4 mm.
The selection of the cutting element also plays an important role in the final functionality of the unit. The working part is a special line or working knives. All this takes into account the firmness and density of the plants. The universal trimmer head will allow you to process the bulk of the vegetation, but rarely when it is durable and efficient.
The device in question is a reel of a special configuration, which is armed with an internal cord. It can have different sizes, it is wound on the inner element of the spool up to 15 meters long.
The edges of the line are installed at a certain distance for the ability to work. When it hits solid objects (stones, trees, etc.), the working element is destroyed. Based on the type of fixture, the heads have a different configuration. The universal analog is suitable for most modifications. This is all due to the possibility of using a number of special adapters.
According to this parameter, trimmer heads are divided into two categories:
- Rapid charging. On such models, when winding the cord, you do not need to disassemble the spool. One edge of the next tucked line is wound into a reel and wound a couple of times. After selecting the desired length, the material is cut.
- Collapsible heads. To refuel them, you need to remove the coil from the unit, then remove the used line and wind a new analog.
How to thread the line into the Stihl trimmer spool
The trimmer is one of the most common tools that you can use to quickly and easily cut grass, small shrubs, lawn grass and other weeds. It is not a secret for anyone that in order for the mowing of grass to be successful, it is necessary to use the tool correctly and correctly handle individual cutting elements.
In trimmers, it doesn’t matter what fuel they run on, special cutting attachments (knives, discs) are used, and some trimmers are supplied to the market in the heads of which such a cutting element as a fishing line is installed, and therefore many are wondering how to fill the line into the Stihl trimmer coil if there are no skills as such.
- Cutting attachments in the form of knives can be sharpened, but the fishing line (also cutting elements), but tends to be consumed. Below we will talk about how to properly thread the cutting element into the Stihl trimmer spool. fishing line.
Preparing the trimmer spool for winding
Initially, as a rule, the coil is installed to the head of the device itself. The coil consists of two parts. a cover and a spring.
- Whatever company you have a trimmer, the preparation steps are the same for all types. Disassemble the device, or rather, remove the coil from the trimmer head. To do this, press until it stops on the latches located on the sides of the head body, and turn the head clockwise.
- To open the mowing head without problems, press the side latches, if you cannot do this with your hands, use a flat screwdriver to help. We take out the coil from the head.
- In order to choose the right line for your equipment, on the inside of the reel, numbers must be applied, which indicate the thickness and type of acceptable line. All designations are indicated, as a rule, in millimeters.
- If you did not find any numbers, then the maximum allowable line diameter can be determined by the through hole for inserting the line. The line should run smoothly back and forth.
Trimmer head Oregon 110980 duralumin with fixed line
When purchasing Champion trimmer heads and other models, you need to focus on the purpose of using the unit. For a large area with a flat lawn surface, it is better to use light, not very massive modifications. If the treatment of an overgrown summer cottage is meant, it is more reasonable to take a model with the highest power rating.
If the compression is insufficient, then in most cases it will not work to start the engine. You can use a car compression gauge to check compression.
- Unscrew the spark plug from the engine cylinder.
- Screw the compression gauge in its place.
- Begin tugging on the starting cord as you would when starting lawn mowers. Do this until the arrow on the measuring device stops moving upward. This value will show the compression force of this engine.
What compression should be? Normally, the compression should be at least 8 kg / cm 2. Although even at 8 kg / cm 2 some engines do not idle and stall, since the fuel is not pumped up sufficiently. In case your lawn mower does not pump above 8 kg / cm 2. You will have to check the cylinder, piston and rings.
Also, poor compression can be due to a loosely screwed carburetor. Check if he is wobbling. If so, tighten the hardware that holds it securely. Also, if the carburetor is poorly screwed on, you may notice that gasoline drips during operation.
The breather is a non-return valve designed to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. If it is clogged and does not allow air to pass towards the tank, then a vacuum forms inside the fuel container, and the fuel ceases to flow into the carburetor. To check if the valve is working, remove the hose that goes from the reservoir to the carburetor. If gas does not flow out of the tank, then the breather is clogged.
Trimmer users often ask themselves: Where is the breather? This valve is usually located in the gas cap and looks like the following figure.
Cleaning the breather is very simple: disassemble the valve and rinse all of its components. On some mowers, this valve may be located directly on the fuel tank. It will not be possible to find it right away, since it is hidden from view under the starter housing. Such a breather is cleaned with a regular needle.
The reason that the trimmer has significantly lost power, and when trying to increase engine speed, it picks up slowly, is often a clogged exhaust channel through which exhaust gases come out of the combustion chamber.
It is necessary to remove the muffler so that no fumes get inside the cylinder. Next, clean the exhaust channel from carbon deposits.
After this procedure, the weak power of the unit and a slow increase in the speed of rotation of the mowing head will no longer upset you.
The main malfunctions of gasoline and electric trimmers
Lawn mowers and electric trimmers, apart from damage to the boom and mowing head, mostly occur in the area of the engine.
Malfunctioning electrical trimmers
Since the device of an electric mower is much simpler than a motor trimmer, there are few reasons for its failure.
Basically, the trimmer stops working normally in the following cases:
- Faulty electrical cable;
- The control button is faulty;
- Burnt out motor stator winding;
- Breakage of contact connections on the engine.
Electric trimmer vibrates
Many mower users have noticed that some time after the start of the machine, it begins to vibrate strongly. On some trimmers, mostly in more expensive models, an anti-vibration system is installed in the form of shock absorbers located between the engine and the boom. But in some cases, even it does not save from strong vibration. The reason that a strong vibration appears in the trimmer may be a small amount or a complete absence of lubrication on a rigid or flexible shaft located inside the apparatus rod.
Rigid shaft lubrication is changed as follows:
- Unscrew the gearbox located at the bottom of the rod;
- After removing the gearbox, you will see the end of the shaft, which must be pulled to remove the part;
- After removing the shaft, it must be abundantly lubricated with special grease “Shrus-4” or the usual one. “Litol-24”;
- Apply a small amount of grease to the shaft and smear it evenly along the entire length of the part, including the splines at the ends of the rod (if they work, the shaft will have to be replaced);
- After lubrication, insert the shaft back into the rod and replace the gearbox in its original place.
The flexible shaft is lubricated as follows:
- Unscrew and remove the mowing head;
- Remove the rod from the electric motor by unscrewing a couple of bolts;
- Pull the flexible cable out of the rod;
- Lubricate the entire length of the cable with grease.
This is done like this: first you need to lubricate the end of the cable, and then insert it into the rod, after which, as it moves inside the pipe, you should apply lubricant to the part and distribute it evenly over the surface. Then insert the flexible shaft rod into the electric motor and secure it.
Causes of breakdowns of gasoline and electric trimmers
The trimmer, both electric and with an internal combustion engine (ICE), is an indispensable tool in summer and autumn for owners of summer cottages and private houses. With its help weeds, small shrubs are easily removed and the lawn is trimmed. But, like any technique, trimmers fail at the most inopportune moment. To fix faults with his own hands, the user of this technique first needs to determine the reason for their appearance.
Candle and candle channel
So you changed the fuel, but nothing has changed, and the trimmer still won’t start. In this case, it is worth checking the candle channel: does it cover it with a combustible mixture. Often, users turn the choke to the “OFF” position at start-up, and when the engine starts, they do not turn it to the “ON” position, after which it stalls. Further, an attempt to restart the internal combustion engine leads to the fact that gasoline fills the candle, and the start becomes impossible. To diagnose and fix a possible problem in this node, do the following.
- It is necessary to unscrew the spark plug, wipe it well and dry it. When installing the spark plug into the internal combustion engine cylinder, it must be dry.
- Drain the accumulated fuel from the combustion chamber. This is done through the hole from which you unscrew the candle.
- If there is carbon deposits on the electrodes of the candle, it must be removed either with a thin file or with a nail file.
- Do not forget to set the gap between its electrodes before installing the part. The gap on the spark plug should be 1 mm. You can use a coin as a probe to check the gap.
- Next, reassemble the unit, read the starting instructions and try to start the engine again.
If the internal combustion engine does not start, then you will need to check the spark. For this:
- Unscrew the candle;
- Put the high-voltage wire cap on it;
- Touch its metal part to the cylinder body (to ensure contact, you can insert a pipe wrench) as shown in the figure below;
- Pull the starter cord so that the engine rotates several times.
Normally, every time the piston moves between the electrodes of the plug, a spark should slip. If there is a spark, then the reason that the internal combustion engine does not start should be looked for in other nodes of the device.
For a better understanding of the process of how to test a candle for a spark, you can use this. Where the check is shown on the example of the Soyuz lawn mowers.
If there is no spark, then first check the cable connecting the candle to the coil. perhaps the reason is in it. You can call him using a tester. If an open circuit is detected, the high-voltage wire will need to be replaced.
Also, the reason for the missing spark may be a malfunction of the ignition coil (magneto). The picture below shows what the coil (magneto) looks like from a Patriot petrol trimmer (Patriot).
To exclude a malfunction, you will need to check the trimmer magneto with a tester, namely, its primary and secondary windings. On the primary winding, the resistance should be between 0.4 and 2.0 ohms. If the device shows 0, this means that a short circuit has occurred in the winding, and if infinity is a clear sign of an open circuit. The resistance on the secondary winding must be between 6 and 8 kΩ.
Fuel tank (fuel quality)
Remember that it is always necessary to check the availability and quality of fuel before starting the unit. In this case, you should not be greedy and save, as well as “be smart” about the amount of added oil. Everything must be done in accordance with the manual attached to the device, since if the piston group fails, its replacement will cost about 70% of the total cost of the trimmer. Fill in fuel on the basis that you will completely use it up when performing work. Gasoline remaining in the tank loses its properties after a while and can harm the engine. Therefore, do not prepare the mixture for future use and in large quantities. If the lawn mower does not start well, try draining the “old” fuel from the tank and refueling it with fresh mixture.