Make A Circular Saw Table
Table for a circular saw with your own hands Table for a circular saw with your own hands. Drawings, photos, advice. A circular saw is used to cut wood. Using a hand saw is not always comfortable, the use of
The benefits of DIY
The table is made taking into account the fact that the hand tool will be installed and fixed on the table, thus turning into stationary equipment
The construction of the element with your own hands allows you to make the saw as suitable as possible for individual conditions. Difficulties in the process will not arise if you carefully study the issue. You can adjust the product to the desired size, distribute everything so that it is convenient for you.
It is quite within the power of every master to make a table for a circular saw.
The handcrafted model will be one of a kind, which makes it unique.
Small tabletop circular stand
Table for a circular saw with your own hands. Drawings, photos, advice.
A circular saw is used to cut wood.
Using a hand saw is not always comfortable, using a table allows you to make the sawing process smoother and more accurate
The cutting base has a disc-like plane with a serrated outer edge. There are models not only of the manual type, but also with the possibility of fixing on the table.
It is difficult to work with large volumes of wood with a regular circular, so it is better to place it on a table
There are several ways to acquire the latter for the convenience of performing manipulations. You can build a table for a circular saw yourself, precisely following a specific pattern.
In addition to the materials, tools should be prepared.
- Pencil and marker;
- Measuring instruments, including meter and tape measure;
- Manual frezer;
- Grinding machine;
- Sandpaper (should have medium or fine grain);
- Plane and drill;
You need to prepare everything in advance and keep it at hand throughout the entire process.
Preparation of tools and materials
Having decided to make a table for a hand-held circular saw yourself, you need to take care of the availability of all the materials necessary for work:
- Film faced plywood (9 or 11 mm), size 800 mm by 800 mm;
- Chipboard 16 mm or other sheet material suitable for the manufacture of the case, sheet size 400 by 784 mm. 4 pieces;
- Bars 40 x 40 mm (length depends on the installation method);
- Self-tapping screws;
Any hand-held circular saw is suitable for such a table. It should be remembered that when attached to the table, the cutting depth decreases by 10–20 mm. So saws with small discs are not suitable for such a table.
DIY circular saw table
A circular saw is used for cutting wood, plastic. Its cutting base is a flat metal disc with a serrated outer edge. Choosing such a tool, everyone decides for himself what kind he needs: desktop, manual, stationary. Many people prefer the manual option. However, in some situations it is necessary to secure the saw. In this case, you can make a table for a circular saw with your own hands, having the opportunity to fix the tool if necessary.
Step-by-step instructions for assembling a circular saw table
1. Manufacturing of the case. The sheet material for the body is cut to size: 400 mm by 800 mm. Parts are fastened using self-tapping screws and bars. It is better to carry out the assembly by pre-drilling the outer parts of the box. The result is a rectangular box without a bottom and a lid. The top of the blocks is then used to secure the plywood sheet.
2. Prepare and fix the plywood top. Slot holes. First, a piece of 800 mm by 80 mm is cut from a sheet of plywood. Next, measurements are taken of the support shoe of the saw that will be mounted on the tabletop. On the back of the plywood, markings are made. You will need 2 center axes. Without them, you cannot perform accurate markup. Then marks are applied to the plywood, corresponding to the dimensions of the support shoe. Then they make such measurements that the circular has: the diameter of the lower protective casing, its thickness, the maximum distance from the edges of the support shoe. In accordance with the obtained dimensions, they put marks and cut out a rectangular hole with a jigsaw.
3. Fixing the saw to the plywood table top. First, 4 holes are made in the shoe. Diameter. 10 mm. Then the tool is installed so that the working part goes into the cut hole. When the saw is aligned, mark the location of the holes. Marks are made in the central part. In order for the tool to stand securely, plow bolts with a countersunk cone head (M8) will be needed for fastening. To install them, you will have to take care of a high-quality deepening of the cap, it can protrude a maximum of 1 mm in an untightened state.
Plywood is drilled from the outside, the diameter of the holes obtained should be 8 mm, and then a countersink should be made under the head. When the holes are ready, the saw itself is installed on the sawing table for the circular saw, the bolts are tightened from the inside using nuts with plastic grovers or spring washers.
4. Fastening the table top to the body. Start button. First, at a distance of 30 mm, holes are made in the corners of the plywood tabletop. Then a hole is drilled in the central part of the bars. The parts are connected using a steel foot M8 by 18 mm. On the side part, the usual “Start. Start” button is installed. An electrical network is laid inside the body, and the button on the instrument itself is clamped.
5. Manufacturing of a thrust beam. A simple circular saw table will become much more convenient if you equip it with a persistent bar. The drawings contain all the dimensions you need. The beam can be made of plywood and secured with full extension furniture rails. The resulting beam should slide over the surface at a 90 ° angle to the cut plane with little clearance.
6. Stop for rip cuts. It is made from an aluminum curtain rod. At 150 mm from the edges, holes are first drilled for the bolts, and then 2 lines are drawn from the bolt attachment point to the axial mowing line. At the intersection and further towards the bolts, 12 mm holes are made at a distance of 30 mm. Tighten the bolts from below with nuts. And according to the drawn lines, they make cuts for the tonic, their width can be seen in the photo.
Information on how to make a table for a circular saw can be viewed at This will help you quickly and easily improve the equipment of your workshop.
DIY circular saw table
How to make a table for circular from chipboard? To make such a table for a circular, you need:
- A sheet of laminated plywood with a thickness of 9–11 mm (800×800 mm);
- 4 sheets of laminated chipboard 16 mm thick (400×784 mm);
- Several bars 40×40 mm;
- Several bolts and screws;
- Aluminum cornice.
Any hand-held circular saw with a large blade can be mounted on such a table. Drawings of this type of circular table can be easily found on the Internet.
Such a saw is made in several stages:
- A drawer of the future table is made from laminated chipboard sheets. It does not have a bottom, and the walls are fastened with bars, which, in turn, must be secured with bolts and screws.
- A cover is made of plywood with a hole into which you will need to insert a saw. The marking for the hole is carried out along the support shoe and the lower protective casing of the circular saw. The hole is cut with a jigsaw.
- The saw is attached to the plywood with ploughshare bolts with a countersunk cone head. The plywood cover is fastened to the laminated chipboard body with an 18 mm steel case.
- Wiring is laid along the side of the table top and a start button is installed.
Circular saw guides are made from timber or aluminum curtain rod.
Circular table from hand circular saw
The second version of the circular table. Photo of manufacturing technology
A do-it-yourself saw-table is made of boards, as the most affordable material, quite often. To make this table you will need:
- Plywood sheet (thickness 20 mm and more);
- Boards 50 by 100 mm;
- Bars 50 by 50 mm;
- Several self-tapping screws;
- Wood glue;
- One of the types of wood varnish.
A workpiece with a hole is cut from a plywood sheet with a jigsaw. A tabletop in which the saw will be placed. When marking the holes, they are guided by the dimensions of the saw sole. Stiffening ribs are made of the boards, which will be attached to the tabletop with self-tapping screws. In the process of fastening, the boards are pulled together using clamps. A start button is later installed on the front stiffener. For the manufacture of legs, boards about a meter long are used. They are bolted to the outside of the stiffeners.
The accuracy of the work is important, therefore, the mill must be equipped with a marking ruler. Using a router, a small groove is made for installing a ruler. If there is no such tool, then the groove can be prepared with a chisel. The surface of the table top is carefully processed with a grinder and sandpaper. It is most convenient to fix the ruler using self-tapping bolts. This modification will allow you to cut the material with millimeter precision.
For an example of work, a case was taken when an old table served as the basis for the machine. If this is not the case, then before the further described work, you need to make another base. Bars of the same length are used for the legs, the structure is reinforced with transverse elements. The foundation must be strong and stable to withstand heavy use. After that, work begins with the countertop.
The system of power supply and switching on of the device is equipped. The design provides that the saw will always be on, so clamps are needed to fix the corresponding button. The starting and stopping of the machine will be controlled by turning the power on and off. Therefore, you will need a conventional switch, cable, and outlet.
An outlet is installed inside, from which the power cord for the switch is taken out. It is the switch that will start or stop the machine, so it must be at hand so that in the event of an emergency the master can quickly turn off the saw with one touch. All this is connected to the nearest outlet in the work area.