Make A Nozzle For Weeding Trimmer
In the classical sense, the trimmer is designed for mowing grass. But few people know that when changing the nozzle, it is used as a device for weeding weeds. Such a device significantly facilitates the work of summer residents and makes weeding better.
What nozzles exist and how to use them correctly, we will tell in the article.
What is a potato trimmer nozzle?
A trimmer is a device that runs on electricity or gasoline. The working part of the device is nozzles, which vary depending on the purpose. The equipment saves forces and time of summer residents and is characterized by high performance.
What does it look like
Nozzles on the trimmer are divided into two types:
- Disk. The working part is two pairs of cutting discs.
- Toothed. The working part consists of mills sequentially located on the shaft.
The choice of nozzle depends on the type of soil. Disk use mainly on heavy soils. They differ in rigidity and durability. Toothed type nozzles process light, loose soils. They are much lighter in weight than disk ones.
Principle of operation
The principle of operation of the trimmer with a nozzle for weeding is as follows. The transmission of torque from the engine to the hitch is carried out by means of a shaft arranged in a rod. Knives penetrate the soil, pulling weeds along with the root system from the soil. The weeds themselves remain on the surface.
Types of construction
The design of such a device, as a rule, is equipped with one or two pairs of cutting parts. They are attached to the trimmer instead of the gearbox at the bottom of the rod or near the motor. Lawn mowing works by burning liquid fuel.
Types of designs:
- Cultivator. It is considered the most popular nozzle. Its advantage is the simultaneous weeding and loosening of the soil. The cultivator consists of disk elements that are worn on one axis.
- Three- or two-blade knife. It is used for cutting weeds. It is a metal plate with two or three pointed blades at the edges.
- Trimmer head with fishing line. Designed for weed cutting. Handles aisles. For work, two types of fishing line are used: circular section and faceted.
Choose the right nozzle for your device. Too heavy options will overheat the engine.
To mount the working part, the following methods are used:
- Near the engine instead of the rod;
- Instead of the gearbox under the bar;
- The way in which the bar is disconnected in the middle.
The number of slots on the end of the rod for each model is different. Therefore, when choosing a nozzle, pay attention to this.
The best models and their prices
Refers to cultivating nozzles. Equipped with a subsoiler. Suitable for use in small areas.
- Manufacturer. Japan;
- Stamps: trimmer ECHO PAS-Tiller Cultivator, lawn mower PAS-265ES;
- Price: 9990 rubles.;
- Knife material: hardened steel;
- Dimensions of the working body: width. 24 cm, depth. 36 cm.
Kr400mp MAKITA 195710-3
Designed for small areas. The working part consists of mills.
- Manufacturer. Japan;
- Brand: EX2650LH, DUX60Z;
- Price: 17160 rub.;
- Knife material: metal;
- Dimensions of the working body: width. 16 cm, diameter of cutters. 23.3 cm.
The working body of the milling type
Designed for weeding, which carefully digs the soil, facilitating the penetration of moisture and nutrients and saturating it with oxygen.
- Manufacturer. Taiwan;
- Brand: for lawn mowing TAC;
- Price: 7900 rub.;
- Knife material: steel;
- Food: gasoline engine;
- Weight: 5 kg;
- Dimensions of the working body: width. 18 cm, diameter of cutters. 20 cm.
How to weed potatoes with a trimmer with a special nozzle
Timely and correctly carried out weeding of potatoes will ensure the active formation of leaves and tubers of the culture. The trimmer with nozzles will help to quickly and efficiently remove weeds.
For weeding potatoes using a trimmer, several rules are followed:
- Before work, put on equipment (goggles, a respirator), which will protect against dust and small particles.
- Weeding is carried out regularly every 14 days.
- Use the device at a height of plants up to 20 cm.
- They hold an event in dry weather in order to mulch the landings.
- Do not deepen the cutters too much. Depth of processing up to 2 cm is enough. This will provide the soil with oxygen and eliminate the dried crust.
- Do not use a device with low power for a long time. Take breaks to avoid overheating of the engine.
- After processing, the working part is disinfected in order to get rid of pathogens.
Safety rules when using the trimmer for weeding potatoes:
- Use metal knives only on straight-bar trimmers. Use plastic knives for a curved bar.
- Before use, be sure to read the instructions.
- Before starting work, check the health of the device.
- Wear protective equipment before starting work.
- Weed in dry weather.
- Petrol powered tools should be refueled 1 cm below the lower edge of the filler neck only outdoors, with the engine turned off and cooled.
- Warm up the engine at medium speed.
- Use the tool only for its intended purpose.
Advantages and disadvantages of using
Advantages of using a trimmer in the weeding process:
- Speed of task execution;
- High quality weeding;
- Copes with young weeds;
- Loosens and enriches the soil with oxygen;
- Weeding with a trimmer belong to organic farming;
- The possibility of weeding in small areas;
- The nozzle is equipped with a protective cover.
The disadvantages of using a trimmer for weeding:
- The weight of the device increases;
- The cutter does not allow pressing the blades close to the soil;
- During operation, there is constant vibration and noise;
- Long cultivation of the land using this device is unsafe for health due to gasoline vapors.
Is it possible to make such a nozzle with my own hands
It is not recommended to do the weeding nozzle manually, since it is difficult to choose its width and diameter of the cutters so that the trimmer motor is not damaged. But the price factor has a big impact on summer residents.
Craftsmen offer options for making nozzles with their own hands.
- 5 mm thick sheet of metal;
- Welding machine;
- Metal cutter;
Stages of manufacturing a three-blade nozzle:
- Take a sheet of metal.
- Draw circles with a diameter of 32, 22 and 11 cm.
- Cut them along the contour and make holes for the working shaft in the center of each circle.
- Take the fittings and weld the discs at a distance of 1-2 cm.
- Take the nails and weld them to the discs.
- It turns out a great homemade nozzle hedgehog.
When working with homemade tools, be sure to use a protective cover on the trimmer.
Before weeding with a trimmer, evaluate your capabilities. Many summer residents share their experiences.
Ivan, Minsk: “I think that with modern technologies it is necessary to use them. But their application must be approached wisely. For example, at the beginning I weed the potatoes exclusively with a trimmer, and with the moto I go through the tiller and cut the combs. Potatoes always turn out great. ”
Vitaly, Novgorod: “I have a small potato farm. Recently, I mechanized weeding potatoes, which helped reduce labor. It turned out both quickly and economically. ”
Potato weeding is an integral part of agricultural cultivation technology. The use of a trimmer for these purposes clearly facilitates and accelerates the weeding process. And the result. The harvest. Will delight in quality and quantity.