Not getting gasoline in the cylinder of the grass trimmer
Why the gasoline does not flow into the cylinder of the grass trimmer. Repair of lawnmowers with their own hands: analysis of faults and methods of elimination
The question of how to start the trimmer for grass, if the trimmer for grass does not start or starts badly will arise if the engine gasoline trimmer for grass is worn, not regulated, or when, because of violations of the sequence of operations during start-up the engine into the combustion chamber got a lot of fuel (when the engine “sucked”). To help the engine start, you can pour a little fuel into the cylinder through the spark plug hole. It’s better to use a special fuel starter fluid, but you can also use fuel from the fuel tank of a starting grass trimmer or lawn mower.
To start the grass trimmer (if the grass trimmer does not start) first of all it is necessary to check whether there is fuel in the tank and whether its level is sufficient (whether the fuel reaches the intake hose. whether the fuel filter is immersed in fuel). It doesn’t take long. open the plug of the tank and look inside.
Remove the cap and unscrew the spark plug using a spark plug wrench.
Then check and if necessary clean electrodes of spark plug from carbon deposits or other deposits using metallic brush or thin screwdriver. The electrodes must be clean. When cleaning the electrodes be careful not to damage the white ceramic insulator of the center electrode.
It is desirable to ignite candle electrodes on burner of gas stove or with lighter (observing fire safety rules). You can check the functionality of the plug by inserting the plug into the cap and ensuring that the body contacts the “mass” of the engine, and then turning the grass trimmer engine with the starter and evaluating the presence and quality of the spark between the electrodes of the plug.
Pour about 20 grams into the spark plug hole. Use a tablespoon, a beaker or a medical syringe to pump up the fuel. After that immediately install the spark plug and tighten it.
Close the choke (turn on the starter gas) and press the button for manual fuel inflation 3 times with a pause for 4 seconds. between each pushing.
Pull the starter grip several times and start the engine of the grass trimmer. As soon as the grass trimmer engine starts immediately close the air damper.
If the engine still does not start after that, it is necessary to change the spark plug for a new one. The cause is most likely in the spark plug (buy a spark plug with the brand name given in the user manual of the grass trimmer / lawnmower).
If the engine still fails to start, you need to clean the carburetor with a carburetor cleaner.
For quick cleaning of the grass trimmer carburetor with a carburetor cleaner, you must remove the plastic covers and air filter to get access to the carburetor (preferably the carburetor completely removed from the engine and dismantled). Spray a few times with a jet of carburetor cleaner into the central nozzle and other accessible channels of the carburetor (through). This can be repeated several times to make sure that the channels are clean and free of debris.
Check that the spark arrester in the weed trimmer/ lawnmower’s muffler is contaminated. If it is clogged with sludge, it may be the main reason for poor engine starting and the screen should be cleaned with a metal brush. The spark arrester in the grass trimmer’s muffler is designed to prevent flaming particles from escaping from the muffler, which could cause a fire if they fall onto hay or other easily combustible materials, for example.
How to start the trimmer for grass, if after all this work, the engine still does not start. you need to analyze if the filling 20g. If the engine starts to run for a short time, or starts, works, and then stops again, it means that the cause is in the carburetor, which either does not supply fuel to the cylinder at all, or does not supply enough fuel, or mixes fuel in the wrong proportions. In this case, you must either buy a new carburetor (it can be clogged), or take to the repair carburetor trimmer for grass, or make adjustments to the carburetor itself. If, however, after pouring 20 g. of fuel into the cylinder of the grass trimmer / lawnmower engine does not show signs of life at all, then the cause is in the spark plug, which must be replaced with a new one (buy a spark plug of the grass trimmer) or clean the old spark plug.
At the end of the season you should always drain the fuel from the tank as a trimmer (gasoline mower) and in any other technique with two-stroke motors. Pour fuel from the tank in a bottle through a funnel, then start the trimmer for grass, to work out the remains of fuel from the carburetor until the engine is not stalled. If this is not done, then in storage for more than 1 month, the fuel will begin to stratify into light and heavy fractions and oil mixed with fuel during refueling will precipitate, which will lead to corking of channels in the carburetor and, accordingly, to the failure of the grass trimmer.
It is necessary to check regularly for contamination and timely change the fuel filter in the fuel tank of the grass trimmer (lawnmower). The fuel filter can easily be removed from the tank with a wire hook to change it. The fuel filter is easily clogged by sediment in the fuel tank, leading to a deterioration or stoppage of fuel flow from the tank to the carburetor of the gasoline grass trimmer.
It is not necessary to use ethanol gasoline to fill up the grass trimmer, because in small two- and four-stroke engines that are not used every day or at least every other day, this is a big problem. Ethanol from gasoline precipitates and turns into tar or varnish, clogging the microscopic jets and carburetor passages.
To keep the carburetor clean and in good technical condition, you can buy a special fuel additive for two-stroke engines, which cleans the carburetor from tarry deposits. The price of the additive is relatively low and it (the additive) is not dangerous.
Also, you should give up all old metal canisters, which rust inside over time. Particles of this rust will cause clogged filters, jets and channels in the carburetor and, consequently, the inoperability of gasoline grass trimmer (or lawnmower). over, as a rule, right away, the owner of a grass trimmer cannot determine where this clogging comes from.
How to start the Husqvarna 333R grass trimmer
Note: To silence the engine, move the silencer up (on the right handlebar). In the initial position (in the starting position), the gasoline grass trimmer!) The key goes back on its own. Therefore, in order that no one bystander does not start the engine, it is sometimes better to remove the cap of the plug.
Why won’t the gasoline grass trimmer start?? Causes and Remedy
In the near future, gasoline grass trimmer has acquired the status of the 1st of the main tools in the arsenal of gardeners. This is logical, because a motorized lawnmower allows you to quickly bring your yard in order. But from time to time it happens that the grass trimmer does not start in hot and even in cool. In such situations, it is necessary without the help of others to determine the cause of the malfunction. Let’s find out what to do if the grass trimmer does not start. Prerequisites, which more often lead to such troubles, will be considered further.
Why the lawn mower does not start. troubleshooting
Caring for the homestead plot, dacha owners periodically face the fact that the lawn mower does not start. There are many reasons for the failure of the tool. For proper diagnosis of the problem, the owner of a useful unit in the countryside needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
Since gasoline trimmer for grass refers to complex devices, before starting work, it is necessary to carefully study the operating instructions. Very often it is simply ignored, or get acquainted with it superficially. As a result, when the tool stalls or refuses to start, the question arises. “Why won’t the lawnmower start??” Long seasonal interruption of work, improper storage and untimely maintenance of the grass trimmer, will cause a lot of trouble for the dacha mower, to eliminate the causes.
Where to start diagnosing your brushcutter
If the lawnmower does not start or immediately stops after startup, you need to consistently check all major nodes and units. The check algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- The spark plug and spark plug passage;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- The breather plug;
- Exhaust port.
These assemblies are most often the source of the main problems, which can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
Checking the fuel mixture
Before starting the engine of a gasoline grasshopper, check the presence, and quality of the fuel mixture. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not “smart” in this matter. Repairing or replacing the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture must be strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its quantity from real needs. Excessive petrol, left after work loses its qualities with the lapse of time.
Carry out diagnostics of a spark plug and a spark plug channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is not in doubt, and the lawnmower stalls when starting, it could be due to a primed plug. A usual spark plug wrench (for sure every motorist has one) and a spare spark plug will do for repair.
- Unscrew the candle and wipe it clean;
- Dry it thoroughly (don’t burn it);
- Drain excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- Clean the old plug from soot with a file or a lady’s file;
- We set the gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check it with any coin);
- Return everything in place and try to start the trimmer for grass.
Dry the channel for at least 30-40 minutes. Otherwise there is a risk to refill and a new spark plug.
If the spark plug is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the lawnmower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded joint with gasoline. It should be slightly dampened. No matter how great a spark the spark plug gives off, there is simply nothing to ignite in the dry chamber.
If the grass trimmer engine still does not start, you should rule out such a cause as a lack of spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high-voltage wire. If the connection is good, but there is still no spark, most likely you have a “broken” ignition unit. Here you can not do without a master, because. к. the part is not repairable, but is sold as a whole unit.
Lawn mower filter diagnostics
Another reason a gasoline lawnmower mower chokes could be the air filter. To exclude it, try to remove the filter and start the grass trimmer without it. If it works, then you will have to change the air filter for a new one, or at least blow out and thoroughly clean the old one.
Do not start gasoline trimmer for grass can be due to pollution of the fuel filter. This is the next step of our algorithm. Here you should check the condition of the filtering element and change it with a new one, if necessary. When replacing, try not to leave the intake without a filter at all, this is forbidden in any instruction manual. Haste may result in repair of engine piston group.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, “delicate” brand-name models of chain saws do not start and shut down because of a clogged breather. The main function of this element is to equalize pressure in the gas tank. When this node is clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, preventing the flow of fuel. You can solve the problem by cleaning the breather plug. You can use an ordinary needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of a combustion engine can be impaired if there is dirt in the exhaust duct or a clogged silencer mesh. It is common on older generation models. The problem can be solved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-sparking mesh.
complex causes of mower failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm did not give results, and your grasshopper still does not start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor may be one of the causes of an unstable carburettor. Three main problems can be distinguished here:
- Clogged ports or jets. All this is cleaned with special washes or blown with a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wire, because the passage sections can be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. The way out is to replace the failed gasket;
- Check the carburetor and engine for leaks. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change. everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to fall, it means that some part of the carburetor is faulty. You will have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is okay with the carburetor, the gasoline trimmer for grass may not start because of the wear of the piston group. If a piston or cylinder is chipped, scratched or scuffed, it must be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory inspection. A slight backlash on the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it’s time to change the rings. This procedure is best entrusted to the specialists of the service center.
Why the Grass Trimmer Doesn’t Get Gasoline
What to do if the gasoline trimmer tabs do not start?
Gasoline grass trimmer. An amazingly useful tool with which you can cut not only a miniature lawn in front of the house, but also a whole lawn of considerable size. Unfortunately, nothing is everlasting in this world, and so you may find that the tabs of gasoline trimmers do not start.
It often happens that users of such machines try to “save money” by pouring into the tank not fuel with a normal octane number, but something incomprehensible that has stood in a plastic can for almost ten years.
Main. fuel mixture!
In this case, the residual plastic dissolved in the corrosive environment creates such awful things in the combustion chamber that you can’t get around to completely destroying the mechanism. But you will surely remember forever how to properly store fuel.
What to do when the fuel was fine, there is a spark, but gasoline grass trimmer does not start? You may have just filled the spark plug with gasoline. In should be taken out, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. By the way, it will not be superfluous to check the spark plug for serviceability.
Properly perform a cold start!
Often gasoline does not start after they have been tested “put into operation” after long storage. Failures to start in this case are often caused by improper actions of the user.
Grass trimmer doesn’t start, carburetor REPAIR.
The grass trimmer does not start, what to do? Conducting an initial inspection and identifying obvious malfunctions. Changing the spacer
Why the lawnmower/ chainsaw will not start after long periods of storage?
These carburetors differ from the others in that they are sealed and the diaphragms perform all the functions. Simple
If you encounter this phenomenon, you need to close the choke when starting cold and then pump a small amount of fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull out the starter handle into a feeling of resistance, then, with a sharp and vigorous motion, start the grass trimmer.
After a few jerks it will start and stop, which is normal. After moving the choke to the operating position, start the tool again and start working.
Not only are there situations where the gasoline trimmer tabs won’t start, but there are times when after starting, they run for a couple of seconds and then stop. Reconsider the spark plug: if it’s “abandoned” and this situation recurs even after wiping and drying it, move on to “revising” the air filter.
Most likely it is completely greasy and needs to be replaced. If the filter is fine, it is possible that the ignition coil is not working.
In case the gasoline trimmer tabs don’t start, and you’ve done it all, the muffler may be clogged. It should be dismantled, burned on a burner, after which all the carbon can be easily shaken.
And again the carburetor.
Even if after such mockery your grass trimmer will not start, you can not do without disassembling the carburetor. It is quite possible that it is a needle misalignment error. In any case, disassembling and washing this capricious mechanism will certainly not prevent.
In general, when the grass trimmer starts to get cranky and silly, it is advisable to do a complete preventive maintenance: completely. Try a different oil, and be sure to change the spark plug. Practice shows that in many cases poor quality plugs are to blame.
We have considered the most typical reasons why the grass trimmer does not start. If the case is something more “exotic”, do not pass a trip to the service center. Smaller and more obvious failures that you are sure to find yourself.
The grass trimmer does not start Gasoline Causes Video
What to do when the grass trimmer gasoline does not start?
Gasoline grass trimmer. a surprisingly necessary tool, with which you can mow not only a small clearing in front of the house, but also a whole lawn of large sizes. There are several if the grass trimmer does not start or immediately make sure that the plug is not punctured. Unfortunately, nothing is infinite in this world, and therefore you may face the fact that gasoline grass trimmers do not start.
The grass trimmer gets very hot
Grass trimmer overheating can occur for many reasons:
- Gasoline has the wrong octane number, which is specified in the instructions for the unit;
- the proportions of gasoline and oil were not observed during the preparation of the fuel mixture;
- the mixture of fuel and oil was prepared a long time ago (the mixture must not be stored for more than 2 weeks)
- the grass trimmer operates beyond the time specified in the instructions;
- a low power grass trimmer is used on dense and hard grass, the unit operates with overload and quickly heats up;
- the boom has shifted to the side or the cassette cap is stuck.
The latter occurs when an unsuitable mowing head for this machine is installed, or when the axle is shifted inside the boom. These changes make it difficult to rotate, the load on the engine increases, and its overheating occurs.
the grass trimmer gets very hot
Grass trimmer overheating can occur for many reasons:
- the octane rating of the gasoline is not the same as the instruction manual for the machine;
- the proportions of gasoline and oil are not maintained during the preparation of the fuel mixture;
- the fuel-oil mixture was prepared a long time ago (the mixture must not be stored for more than 2 weeks);
- Grass trimmer works beyond the time specified in the manual;
- A low-power grass trimmer is used on dense and hard grass, the machine is overloaded and warms up quickly;
- the boom is displaced to the side or the cassette cover is stuck.
The latter happens if you install a mowing head unsuitable for this machine or when the axle is displaced inside the boom. These changes make it difficult to rotate, the load on the engine increases, and overheating occurs.
The main thing is the fuel mixture!
In this case, the residue dissolved in the brutal environment of plastic in the combustion chamber is so awful things that do without a complete rebuild of the mechanism for you just do not get. But you’ll always remember how to properly store fuel.
What to do when the fuel was exactly normal, the spark is there, but the grass trimmer gasoline does not start? It is possible that you simply filled the spark plug with gasoline. In this case it should be turned out, wiped with a clean rag and dried. In general, when the grass trimmer started getting cranky and stalling, why won’t the grass trimmer start. By the way, it would not be out of place to check the plug itself for serviceability.
One reason for a flooded lawnmower engine.
After examining the main components of the engine and questioning the owner of the lawnmower, we finally found the cause that led to these consequences.
Operator inattention, who may have inadvertently touched the air damper control lever and set it to the “OFF” operating state, which restricted the air supply, implying that the damper was open.
The operator may not have understood the meaning of the “ON” and “OFF” position indicators and got confused. In short, the human factor is present in all the unpleasant situations that occur while operating machinery.
The main thing is the fuel mixture!
In this case, the residue dissolved in the brutal environment of plastic creations in the combustion chamber are so awful things that do without a complete rebuild of the mechanism for you just do not get. But you will for sure remember for ever, how to properly store fuel.
What, after all, to do when the fuel was exactly the same, the spark is, but the trimmer for grass gasoline does not start? It is possible that you simply filled the spark plug with gasoline. In this case, it must be turned out, wiped with a clean rag and dried. In general, when the grass trimmer began to get naughty and stall, why doesn’t the grass trimmer start. By the way, it is useful to check the spark plug itself for performance.
Dry and wet plug what it means and how it affects engine starting
Most tool owners immediately resort to checking the state of the spark plug contacts. This is done in order to understand by the condition of the candle, what may be the reason for the inability to start the lawnmower engine. From the condition of the spark plug contacts you can draw appropriate conclusions about what may be causing the malfunction. Diagnose the spark plug on the trimmer in the following order:
- Unscrew the spark plug, after which it should be inspected. Perfect condition of the electrodes. if they have brown fouling (brick-colored). If the spark plug is wet and has black or white soot, it indicates the corresponding malfunctions
- If the spark plug is wet, there is a portion of unburned fuel in the combustion chamber that does not need to be drained. Clean and dry the spark plug contacts, then make sure they are in good condition. To do this, connect it to a spark plug and place it on the surface of the cylinder. Turn on the ignition, and pull the starter grip lightly. In this case, the spark plug should give a quality and constant spark. If the spark is weak or there is no spark at all, then the spark plug must be replaced
- The grass trimmer can not start because of the large gap between the contacts of the plug. The value of the gap between the electrodes of the spark plug should be within the range of 0.7 to 1 mm. To set the gap use special dipsticks
This is interesting!It is strictly forbidden to dry the spark plug contacts by baking them, as this method will lead to the deterioration of the part. If there is a spark on the spark plug, but the grass trimmer at the same time does not start, then the reason is the fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. To make sure this is the case, follow these steps:
- Draw 20 grams of fuel in a PET bottle cap or syringe
- Pour it into the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole
- Screw in the spark plug
- Put on the candlestick and start the engine
If the lawnmower engine starts after the performed actions, then the cause of the malfunction should be sought directly in the fuel line and carburetor. If the engine does not start even after all these actions, then it is necessary to check the good condition of the high-voltage wire. The high-voltage wire, like the spark plug, belongs to the consumables. If there is a suspicion of a faulty armature wire of the grass trimmer, then it should be replaced. If after the performed actions it is not possible to start the engine of the lawnmower, then it is necessary to take into account the following recommendations:
- If there are doubts about the serviceability of the spark plug and the high-voltage wire, it is recommended to replace them immediately
- Check the serviceability of spark formation, and if there is no spark on the new spark plug, then the breakdown is related to the ignition unit. the coil failure
- The ignition coil is not repaired, but replaced. If indeed the diagnosis indicates a faulty lawnmower ignition coil, it is not difficult to replace it with your own hands
If there is a spark plug, and at the same time it is dry, and the grass trimmer at the same time does not want to start, then proceed to check the next node. air and fuel filters.
This is interesting!If the red or pink colored electrodes on the plugs indicate that the fuel used contains a large quantity of additives. It is a good idea to change fuels so change your gas station or gasoline brand.
The most frequent malfunctions of gasoline lawnmowers
Check the fuel. The lack of oil may be the reason why the engine does not start. The cause of engine failure may be the spark plug. The fouling must be removed and the engine must be restarted.
The power unit starts, but immediately stops
The cause of malfunction may be insufficient oil in the crankcase. This often causes the piston or crankshaft to jam. Try turning it by hand. Often such actions will have a positive result. Then add the missing oil before restarting.
To revive the unit, it may be enough only to pump fuel primer in the carburetor. Adjusting the revolutions to the maximum will help. Then pull the cord smoothly towards yourself. Twenty centimeters will be enough and a sharp jerk to itself.
Often problems occur If the choke is not positioned correctly
, When you do the first test run of the engine. We recommend that you open the choke all the way.
The air filter can serve. With the lawnmower switched off disconnect the wire from the spark plug. Then remove the filter by first unscrewing the cover. Flush it with gasoline and let it dry. Reattach it and restart the engine. If unsuccessful, replace the old filter with a new one.
Remember. the air filter is routinely changed after 25 hours of operation. If the lawnmower is battery operated, check the battery charge level.
You can Check the safety lock
If installed incorrectly, the lawnmower will not start. Experts advise regular inspection of the bottom surface of home appliances. Various malfunctions in this part can cause the engine to fail to operate.
If your efforts are unsuccessful, contact the service center for advice and help from specialists, who can perform any repair of the lawnmower, in particular its.
Grass trimmer does not start in the cold. remedy the cause
at cold.The reason. air suction, which does not pump fuel. Into the chamber.
After a few jerks, it will start and then stop, which is a normal phenomenon. What to do when the fuel was definitely normal, the spark is there, but the gasoline grass trimmer does not start? After you have moved the choke to the operating position, restart the engine and get to work.
The most common breakdowns that occur during operation of the machine are:
- The engine doesn’t work, the grass trimmer won’t start;
- The engine manages to start, and then it does not hold revolutions and sharply and without reason stalls;
- The brushcutter boom vibrates strongly;
- the gearbox is severely overheated;
- weak rpm at the cutting line.
Before you start the repair, study the manual, which must be included in order to correctly diagnose
Why the grass trimmer does not start: the main faults and their elimination
As already noted, such situations are typical for trimmers that have been idle for a long period of time. Therefore, once a problem has been detected, the problem must be immediately troubleshooted.
Fuel as source of problems
The first step is to check the presence of fuel and its quality. The first thing to make sure that there is fuel in the tank. Those who have recently purchased a unit often forget that the grass trimmer needs refueling. If there is no fuel, the equipment simply will not work.
If there is fuel in the tank, but the grass trimmer does not start, then the owner needs to check whether it works properly. In this case, it is recommended to study the manual. If the start is made correctly, the malfunction can cause improper mixture quality.
- Oil. It should be special. designed for two-stroke engines. It is not recommended to save on the product, because the service life of the equipment depends on the mixture. Grass trimmers with a four-stroke motor require pure gasoline, it is not mixed with oil.
- It is necessary to use high-quality gasoline, but also of the brand recommended by the manufacturer of a particular model. If there is no possibility to know what kind of fuel is necessary, it is recommended to choose either АI-95 or АI-92, and the latter gasoline is the favorite, because the former contains additives reacting with the two-stroke oil. Other brands are not advised to use.
- Correct mixture preparation for gasoline trimmer. It has been noticed that at first time maximum attention is paid to this stage, but with time mowers start mixing the composition “by eye”, and this is a serious mistake. Correct ratio of gasoline to oil. 25:1. It takes 40 ml of the second, two-stroke oil for one liter of the first. Motor oil, designed for the car, is not a suitable option, as at high temperature the liquid loses (partially) its lubricating properties.
Correct storage conditions for the fuel mixture are important. To save time, some owners prepare it in advance to use in the coming weeks. This variant is contraindicated, because the prepared fuel mixture quickly becomes unusable. The reason: oil precipitates. With this change, both petroleum products lose their properties. Even re-stirring is not able to restore the original fuel quality. Therefore, it is recommended to prepare a certain volume: 2 liters, no more.
If everything is okay with gasoline and oil, then proceed to diagnosis. to check the spark plug.
The spark plug and its condition
At this stage of diagnostics it is necessary to stop in detail. Most experienced owners, who are already familiar with the question of why the grass trimmer does not start, first of all check the condition of the plug contacts. Diagnosis of this element is carried out as follows:
- First unscrew the spark plug, then inspect it. If the electrodes are in perfect condition, they should have a soot, the color of which resembles brick. Wet element, or white, black fouling on the contacts indicates the presence of any malfunction. Pink and red color of electrodes. proof of high quantity of additives in fuel. Such a mixture must be replaced.
- If the spark plug is wet, it means that there is unburned fuel in the combustion chamber. It is left in place. The plug’s contacts are cleaned, then dried (burning is prohibited). After this step, the candle is connected to the candlestick.
- Then turn on the ignition, the starter knob is jerked. When everything is fine with the element, it should produce a constant spark. If it is weak or completely absent, the verdict is the same. you need to replace the spark plug.
There is another reason why the grass trimmer does not start. It is a large gap that has appeared between the contacts of the plug. The normal distance is 0,7-1 mm. To correctly adjust the gap between the electrodes, use special probes.
If you do not have such a device, then use the folk method. The razor blade breaks, folding its parts together. This “dipstick” is then inserted between the contacts. The ideal. blades that enter tightly.
The problem in the fuel line and carburetor
If there is a spark and the grass trimmer still shows no signs of life, then the problem may lie in the fuel supply to the combustion chamber. To make sure that this node is to blame, perform the following actions:
- Take a syringe or pour about 20 ml of fuel into a plastic bottle cap.
- Then fuel is gently poured into the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole.
- The spark plug is put back in its place, a candle holder is put on, the engine is started.
In the case if the grass trimmer started, the problem may be in the fuel line and carburetor. When the effect of the done manipulations no, the diagnosis continues. check the high-voltage wire. At the slightest suspicion, this consumable element is replaced with a new one.
What to do if the grass trimmer engine still refuses to work? In this difficult case, you can follow these recommendations:
- When in doubt about the spark plug and high-voltage wire, it is better to replace them immediately.
- If when testing a new spark plug the spark does not appear, it is almost certain that the ignition unit is defective. the coil is defective.
Checking its serviceability is simple: unscrew the spark plug, then lean it against the body of the grass trimmer. If there is no spark when the starter jerk, or it does not appear every time, then a new coil is required. This element can also be replaced by yourself.
How to avoid most problems?
The work of this seasonal equipment is very influenced by its proper storage. This applies not only to long “rests” in winter, but also to short intervals of inactivity. In order to save yourself and the equipment from problems, you need to adhere to a few simple recommendations.
- Before sending the grass trimmer tank to a well-deserved rest, free it from fuel residue. To remove all the mixture, start the lawnmower and let it run until the engine stalls.
- The first operation after “winter hibernation” is to pour a small amount of oil into the spark plug hole. Before doing so, the piston is moved to its extreme position. Such lubrication will make start-up easier and prevent premature wear of parts.
Before you start working with a brushcutter, be sure to check the spark plug and all the main nodes of the equipment.
The reasons why the grass trimmer does not start, quite a lot. But most of them can be found and fixed by yourself. The main thing. the correct diagnosis, attention and sequence of actions. And how you can cope with the problems will be explained in detail by the master of the following