Patriot gas station is not a spark of reason.
Why the trimmer for the grass does not start: the causes of the malfunction and ways to eliminate them
It’s time to cut the lawn, and the lawn mower does not work? It’s even scary to imagine how to maintain the lawn in perfect condition with a manual tool, especially when this was not done before. If a trimmer for grass does not start, the reasons can be very different, but you can eliminate most of them yourself.
This will not need either a special tool or highly specialized knowledge. A little courage and free time to read this material. and a trimmer for the grass will not need to be taken to the master.
In this article, we will tell you how to determine what exactly interferes with the launch, we will give instructions for the repair of each node and recommendations on how to avoid problems in the future. For clarity, photos and videos await you, where the most common breakdowns are clearly dismantled.
Common causes of breakdowns
First of all, it is worth making sure of the simplest things: the presence and quality of fuel, the correct order of action.
Use only those fuels and lubricants that the manufacturer recommends. Gasoline with too high octane number is sometimes no less harmful than the 80th. The instruction has not been preserved? Universal can be called AI.95 with a car gas station with a good reputation.
Pour only suitable engine oil. In the vast majority of gasoline trimmers, the engine is 2-stroke, so ordinary car oil cannot be used. For a 4-stroke engine, the oil is poured separately from the fuel. over, it is not worth pouring “working out”. used, used oil.
Remember, the repair of the piston group will cost 30. 70% of the cost of the new motorcycle. Savings on the quality of combustible materials is unlikely to cover these expenses
Exactly observe the proportions of mixing gasoline and engine oil, do not lie “by eye”. For most motos, a ratio of 1:25 is recommended, that is, 40 ml of oil per liter of gasoline.
Do not cook a lot of mixtures at once: ideally it needs to be developed in 1 day and store equipment with a dry tank. The maximum shelf life of the finished mixture is 2 weeks, so more than 2 liters at a time it makes sense to mix only to utilities who cut the city lawns.
If you have not used a scythe for a long time, and there is gasoline in it, it is better to pour it out. The mixture has already been divided into fractions and lost its properties, even the most thorough mixing will not save it.
After making sure that the gas tank is in order, try to get a braid. For this you need:
- Switch fuel into the carburetor with a grain button 5-6 times.
- Close the air damper.
- Turn on the ignition on the handle.
- Pull the starter’s cord 1-7 times, until the launch.
- In 5.10 seconds disconnect the start system.
After downtime, if you can’t start the engine in the usual order, try to open the throttle and press the gas trigger. Without releasing the trigger, pull the starter cord.
A fully working trimmer for grass is started 1-2 times, even if the cord is calmly pulled, and not pull it as much as possible
It is also recommended to start a motor with a clamped gas handle if it has not yet cooled after the previous working cycle.
If the engine has not started on 5-7 jerks, it is worth looking for a breakdown.
Option. a problem in the ignition system
The first thing that suspicious falls is. the candle does not give out a spark, and therefore the fuel mixture does not ignite. Most often the problem is in the candle itself.
For verification, unscrew the spark plug from the cylinder, having previously disconnected the wire from it.
The thin layer of brown soot indicates the normal operation of the engine, red or pink soil. an abundance of fuel additives, change the gas station. If the element is covered with black or white scale, the engine worked incorrectly.
Wet candle indicates overflow, excessive pumping of fuel with a primer. In this case, the candle needs to be dried, but not to get. Pour excess gasoline from the cylinder, turning the motorcycle.
When cleaning, pay the greatest attention to that part of the upper electrode that is aimed at central contact, but do not zeal too much
Contacts of the dried candle should be cleaned of soot with the help of a suprafil, sandpaper or ladies’ file. The gap between them should be 0.7. 1 mm. this is the thickness of the standard coin. If necessary, bent the upper electrode.
Before assembly, it is worth checking the performance of the candle. Connect it to the power (put on the cap), attach the body to the cylinder or any metal part of the engine, turn on the ignition, pull the starter. At the end, between the electrodes, with each jerk, a bright, powerful spark should slip through.
It is very important to observe safety precautions. There should not be a drop of gasoline on the neck of the candle opening and the body of the motorcycle!
If after drying, cleaning and setting a sparking gap, buy a new candle. It happens that the spark does not appear on the new candle. In this case, check the quality of the contacts, try to replace the armored vehicle. this is inexpensive and simply.
If there is no spark with a new wire, you need to buy a new ignition coil. It happens that the cable is not disconnected from the coil, they are sold only in the collection. It is somewhat more difficult to replace it on your own, because you need to accurately set a gap of 0.25. 0.4 mm to the stemstone flywheel.
The normal gap corresponds to the thickness of the plastic bottle (cut a piece of measurement from it) or 4-5 layers of painting tape
Install a coil with a spacer, try on. Twist the starter: it must touch the spacers, but completely turn. Remove paper tape or plastic and finally collect the knot.
It happens that when checking, the candle gives out a small but stable spark, but the launch does not occur. After you tighten the candle into the cylinder, in a closed space, a weak spark may disappear. In such a situation, it is also worth replacing the coil: the new one will give out a more powerful impulse.
Option. you need to replace the filters
If there is a spark, but the braid for the grass is not started, the problem is most likely in the fuel supply. The easiest way to check the air and fuel filter. with this and start.
Testing their condition is quite simple: remove the filter elements and try to start the motor. If it turned out, you need replacement or at least cleaning.
The fuel filter can clog so much that its body will not be visible. Naturally, attempts to clean in this case are useless
Check the filter
Another common reason why there is no starting trimmer for grass
The presence of clogging in the filter area. To confirm the assumption, it is enough to dismantle the indicated block and try to launch the device without it. If the trimmer engine starts up, you will most likely have to replace the air filter or at least carefully clean the old. If there is strong contamination on the surface of the filter element, you must use a new grid. Do not leave a suction pipe completely without a filter. Indeed, a rush in this case can lead to the need to repair the entire piston group of the engine.
Why is the ignition adjustment
In some cases, when the engine does not start, the ignition adjustment will be required. Of course, first you need to check the serviceability of a candle and a high.voltage cable with a cap.
It is necessary to adjust the ignition on a two.stroke engine in order to ensure timely ignition of fuel in the engine combustion chamber. Below is a scheme from which you can understand the principle of operation of the internal combustion engine.
The spark in the candle should appear at the time of compression of the fuel with a piston, when it does not reach the upper dead point (VMT) at least a little. Когда поршень проходит ВМТ, происходит возгорание топливной смеси, в результате чего поршень под действием энергии взрыва уходит вниз.
Therefore, if for some reason (mainly this is due to the shift of the flywheel to the shaft relative to its original position), the fuel fire occurs earlier than the piston passes, then it returns back, and the crankshaft scrolls in the opposite direction. Such a movement can damage the starter knot, cut off the launch cord, etc.D. In this case, an early ignition of fuel occurs.
There may also be a later ignition on the trimmer: the piston after compression of the fuel, which does not ignite, goes down, and at that moment a spark appears. In this case, the engine will either not start or significantly lose power and will be poorly gaining momentum.
But such problems with early or late ignition on two.stroke ICE are quite rare, since the flywheel with magnets is already established in the correct position, which is perfectly synchronized with the movement of the piston. In addition, the flywheel is fixed on the shaft using a key and nut. Therefore, the wrong installation of the part is excluded.
Basically, the ignition adjustment is to set the correct clearance between Magneto and the flywheel.
No spark on the trimmer |
Many trimmers owners are faced with a problem when the device simply does not start. One of the reasons for this may be the lack of a spark. This usually happens when the fuel floods the light of the ignition. In addition, you need to check the candles for serviceability, as this can also lead to a lack of spark.
The first sign of a faulty candle is the presence of a short circuit between its contacts, and in short. there is no spark on the trimmer. In addition, the candle is considered faulty if it is covered with a black wet layer.
Such a layer appears from the oil combustion chamber. In such a situation, you have two exits: either clean the candle as it should, or buy a new. Sometimes it happens that the candles are clean, but at the same time, the problem can be in its isolation, which is often covered with a black dry soot. The reason for this may be a weak spark, excessively low spark plug, low fuel quality, dirty air filter or prolonged work at idle. Here the output is the same. clean the candle or replace it with a new. over, the candle should be replaced if the contacts are strongly worn out.
In the case when there is no spark on the trimmer, how to solve the problem you will be told by professionals for a hundred. Sometimes, the problem can be with magneto. Magneto may become unusable due to the fact that you could pull the starter cord at the moment when the ignition was turned off, and the candle was not grounded for the mass. Such actions can easily disable magneto. In such a situation, the only way out is to buy a new magneto.
In addition, the problem may be the ignition node. This option can be considered if the candle and wire do not have any malfunctions. In such a situation, it is necessary to engage in the replacement of the ignition unit. It can be found attached using two screws to the engine cylinder. To obtain free access to the node, it is necessary to remove the enclosing casing. To correct the current situation, you will have to replace the entire node, because, as practice has shown, replacing individual parts gives insufficient result. If there is no spark on the trimmer, it can only be fixed in one way. replace it.
over, sometimes the problem should be sought in the ignition coil. The absence of a spark can lead to the failure of the coil or a malfunction in the chain. To check the flow of current into the primary winding of the coil, you can use the light bulb, which must be turned on instead of the coil. Then you need to carefully examine the contacts of the interrupter. If a strong spark occurs at the time of opening between the contacts, you can be sure that the capacitor is broken. In this case, you have only one option of further actions. replacing the capacitor.
These are the main reasons why there may be no spark on the trimmer.
Diagnosis of malfunctions
All the reasons why the lawn mower is not started can be systematized by the specifics of the operation of individual units. The service center is systematized:
- Motor malfunction (piston wear, bearing malfunction, crankcase crack);
- Fuel consistency supply malfunction. clogged pores of an air filter or a malfunction of a carburetor;
- the ignition system does not work;
- A malfunction of a mechanical disposition. a leak of hoses, broken wires under a braid, rupture of the tubes.
The user first needs to check if there is a fuel in the tank. Starting in agreement with annotation, putting the saw on the side. Gasoline trimmer for grass; starts without problems. May not start. Set the air damper to the position “Closed”, pump up fuel, turn on the ignition and produce 3-4 sharp jerks by the starter. If the engine has earned, open the air damper. The lawn mower is not started. we repeat the operations with a slightly open air damper.
The lawn mower cannot work for a long time. Gearbox and engine will overheat. Mowing less than 15 = 20 minutes, taking a five.minute break. In hot noon, the operating time is reduced by half. When mowing weeds, sedgers, the working hours are required to reduce.
If you are unsuccessful, we begin to find the reason for the refusal:
- check the quality of fuel;
- make sure the operability of the candle and the cleanliness of the candle canal;
- check the cleanliness of the air filter;
- Make sure that the fuel filter is not clogged;
- Check the cleanliness of the bastard;
- Clean the exhaust channel.
complex reasons will be detected in the diagnosis of a malfunction, leading to the overhaul of the carburetor. Such reasons include clogging of the internal channels of the carburetor, wear on it gaskets and violation of the tightness of internal halls with a vacuum loss. The causes of gasoline breakdowns and why the gasoline trimmer for grass is not that the internal combustion engine does not start. DIY lawn mowing repair, if it does not start, will require patience.
Elimination of the reasons why the lawn mower is not started
The fuel mixture should be prepared with accurate observance of gasoline and oil proportions. In this case, you cannot use another brand of fuel. To exclude dirt, gasoline should stand in a glass or metal dish 2 days. Cannot be used for storage of fuel plastic dishes. Distribute the oil with a medical syringe without a needle. Use only a freshly prepared mixture, without leaving an unexplored fuel in a tank. If the engine is capricious, the lawn mower stalls, when you press gas, it may be guilty of fuel.
Many trimmers’ owners are faced with inconsistency when the device simply does not start.
One of the circumstances of this may be the lack of a spark. This usually happens when the fuel floods the light of the ignition. In addition, you need to check the candles for serviceability, as this can also lead to a lack of spark.
The first sign of a faulty candle is the presence of a short circuit between its contacts, and in short. there is no spark on the trimmer.
In addition, the candle is considered faulty if it is covered with a black wet layer.
Such a layer appears from the oil combustion chamber. In such a situation, you have two exits: either clean the candle as it should, or buy a new.
Basic rules for the operation of the lawn mower
The lawn mower needs high.quality and accurate operation. The estimated period of its service and the absence of any serious malfunctions depend on this.
- monitor the cooling system during operation;
- Timely clean the charter channels and the starter ribs, and special detergents or ordinary kerosene should be used for cleansing;
- cool the tool before subsequent cleaning.
In the case of draining the fuel, you need to give a benzos to work at idle speed until it is stalled. This will make it possible to remove all the remains of the working mixture, regardless of the power of the device.
How to prevent a breakdown during storage?
Lawn mowers are used in the warm season. For the winter they are cleaned in storage in the pantry, closet or garage.
Maintenance of the trimmer for grass should be produced several times a year (in t.h. after winter storage) to increase its possible service life
To prevent a tool breakdown, you need to properly prepare it for seasonal storage:
- Drain the fuel mixture. it must always be drained if you are not planned to use the device within a month, t.to. The fuel decays into various heavy fractions over time, which can score the channels of the carburetor;
- completely disassemble the lawn mower;
- Rinse, clean and dry all the details to which there is access;
- inspect all the elements of the trimmer for the grass for damage;
- eliminate all possible malfunctions, distortions and minor defects;
- pour a sufficient amount of oil into a gearbox;
- partially disassemble the engine;
- Rinse and grease all the necessary elements in t.h. piston;
- Clean the air filter.
If the lawn mower is stored outside the house and the residential area, it can be wrapped in an oiled fabric. This minimizes the risk of rust on the instrument and increase its life.
Thorough preparation and processing of a trimmer for grass will allow you to keep the device for several seasons without a question.
The performance of the spark plugs
If there is a need to figure out why a trimmer for grass is not started, then the state of contacts of the installed candle should be checked. In this case, you can figure out why the lawn mowing engine does not occur. For high.quality diagnosis of the spark plug, you must definitely adhere to the following scheme:
- If during the dismantling it was found that the candle was wet, then in a small combustion chamber there is a certain part of the fuel, from which you do not need to rush to get rid of. To eliminate the problem, it is necessary to dry and carefully clean the contacts. After the manipulations done, you should carefully connect the candle. You need to turn on the ignition and without unnecessary efforts pull the starter handle. If the device is regular, then there will be a constant and bright spark. Otherwise, you have to replace the candle.
- The state of involved electrodes can be considered ideal when they have a characteristic dark brown fog. If the candle has a white or even black soot, as well as wet, then it must be immediately replaced.
- A trimmer for grass may not respond to launch due to the fact that there is too much gap between the contacts of the candle. To set the optimal gap, you need to use special multibody probes.
If, after all the manipulations done, the engine of the lawn mower did not start, then the cause of the malfunction must be sought in a carburetor or heat supply. Otherwise, you will have to check the serviceability of the involved high.voltage wire.
Not starting on a cold trimmer for grass. we eliminate the cause
On the cold.The reason is an air leak that does not allow fuel to download. In the camera.
After several jerks, he will start and stall, which is a normal phenomenon. What to do when the fuel was definitely normal, there is a spark, but a trimmer for grass does not start a gasoline? Putting the damper to the working position, start the tool again and start working.
All the whole, clean, works?
We try to adjust. We take a long screwdriver, we find a bolt of idle speed adjustments (it is on the throttle), twist it a couple of revolutions so that the damper is opened. We start. It works smoothly? Then we go further. Does not start or stall? Open the damper until it starts stably.
This Natural Gas Plant Has Achieved Zero Emissions
Next, adjust the quality of the mixture with a screw l. You need to achieve maximum storage speeds. Here the principle is the opposite. the more the bolt is unscrewed, the richer the mixture. After that, the quality of the mixture at maximum revolutions by the screw h.
If the adjustment of the carburetor has not given its fruits, then it needs to be disassembled. Watch the membrane, clean nozzles and inner moves. For this, it is necessary not only to have a reptile, but also preferably a reserve carburetor.
How to prevent sudden breakdowns during the operation of a trimmer for grass?
So that the unit is always in a functional state, it is worth observing several simple rules:
- Carry out timely, regular technical inspection of the main mechanical nodes of the device.
- Refill a trimmer for grass with exceptionally fresh fuel, the quality and origin of which is not in doubt.
- Check after each use of the tool, whether oxides and soot on the surface of the ignition system were formed.
- Avoid the strong load of the trimmer for grass during work.
In order for the unit to remain in a working state, it is necessary to properly prepare it for storage in the winter period. First of all, you should completely disassemble the tool, and then perform washing and cleaning the constituent elements. It is also important to examine the functional blocks for damage, with the need to eliminate the deformation of the parts, all kinds of distortions, gusts of materials.
Why is a trimmer not starting for the grass: the main malfunctions and their elimination
As already noted, such situations are characteristic of trimmers who were inactive for a long period of time. Therefore, after detecting the problem, you need to immediately take up the search for a malfunction.
Fuel as source of problems
The first stage is checking the presence of fuel and its quality. First of all, they are convinced that there is a fuel in the tank. Those who have acquired the unit recently, often forget that the trimmer for the grass needs refueling. If there is no fuel, then the equipment simply cannot work.
If there is a fuel in the tank, but the trimmer does not start for the grass, then the owner needs to check whether he is acting correctly. In this case, it is recommended to study the instructions. If the launch is made correctly, then the malfunction can cause the inappropriate quality of the mixture.
- Oil. It should be special. intended for two.stroke engines. It is not recommended to save on the product, since the life of the equipment depends on the mixture. Trammers for grass with a four.stroke engine require pure gasoline, it is not mixed with butter.
- It is necessary to use not only high.quality gasoline, but also the brand that is recommended by the manufacturer of a particular model. If it is not possible to find out what fuel is necessary, then it is recommended to choose either AI-95 or AI-92, and the last gasoline is a favorite, since the first has additives that react with two-stroke oil. Other brands do not advise using.
- The correct preparation is shifted for a benzotrimer. It is noted that at first this stage is paid to maximum attention, but over time, kosari begin to mix the composition “by eye”, and this is already a serious mistake. The correct ratio of gasoline and oil is 25: 1. For a liter of the first, 40 ml of the second, two.stroke. Motor oil intended for a car is an inappropriate option, since at high temperatures the liquid loses (partially) lubricating properties.
The correct storage conditions of the fuel mixture are important. To save time, some owners prepare it for the future to use it in the coming weeks. This option is contraindicated, since the prepared fuel mixture quickly becomes unsuitable. The reason is the precipitation of oil loss. With this change, both oil products lose their properties. Even repeated stirring is not able to restore the initial quality of fuel. Therefore, they recommend preparing a certain volume: 2 liters, no more.
If everything is in order with gasoline and oil, then they start diagnostics. to check the spark plug.
Candle and its condition
At this stage of diagnosis, you need to stop in more detail. Most experienced owners who are already familiar with the question of why a trimmer for grass does not start, first of all check the state of contact contacts. Diagnosis of this element is carried out as follows:
- First, the spark plug is unscrewed, then inspect. If the electrodes are in perfect condition, then they should have a carpet whose color resembles a brick. Wet element, or white, black plaque on contacts indicates the presence of any malfunction. Pink and red electrodes. proof of a large number of additives in fuel. Such a mixture must be replaced.
- In the event that the spark plug is wet, this means that the combustion chamber has unbroken fuel. It is left in place. Candle contacts are cleaned, then dried (calcination is prohibited). After this stage, the candle is connected to the nurser.
- Then the ignition is turned on, the frontier handle is pulled. When everything is in order with the element, it must issue a constant spark. If it is weak or completely absent, then the verdict is one. you need to replace the spark plug.
There is another reason why a trimmer is not started for grass. This is a big gap that appeared between the contacts of the candle. A distance of 0.7-1 mm is considered normal. To correctly adjust the gap between the electrodes, use special probes.
If there is no such device, then the folk method is used. A razor blade breaks, folds its parts together. Then this “probe” is inserted between the contacts. Ideal. blades that enter tightly.
The problem is in the fuel and the carburetor
If there is a spark, and a trimmer for grass still does not show signs of life, then nuisance can lie in the fuel supply to the combustion chamber. To make sure that this node is to blame, they perform such actions:
- They are typed in a syringe or poured into a lid from a plastic bottle of about 20 ml of fuel.
- Then, through the candle hole, the fuel is neatly poured into the combustion chamber.
- The candle is returned to the place, put on the imminent, the engine is launched.
In the event that the trimmer has started for the grass, the problem may be in the fuel and carburetor. Когда эффекта от проделанных манипуляций нет, диагностику продолжают — проверяют высоковольтный провод. At the slightest suspicion, this consumption element is replaced by a new.
What to do if the engine is a trimmer for grass still refuses to work? In this difficult case, you can follow the following recommendations:
- In doubt about the candle and the high.voltage wire, it is better to immediately replace them.
- If, when checking the new sparkling candle, it was not possible to achieve a spark, then it is almost possible to say with complete confidence that the ignition unit is faulty. the coil came out of the system.
Check its serviceability simply: they twist the candle, then it is led to the trimmer body for grass. If there is no spark when the starter jerks, or it does not appear every time, then a new coil is required. This element can also be replaced independently.
How to avoid most problems?
The work of this seasonal equipment is very affected by its proper storage. over, this applies not only to a long “rest” in the winter, but also of short intervals of inaction. To protect yourself and the technique from problems, you need to adhere to a few simple recommendations.
- Before sending on a well.deserved rest, a tank trimmer for grass is freed from fuel remnants. To remove the entire mixture, the lawn mower is launched and allowed to work until the engine is stalled.
- The first operation after “winter hibernation”. pouring a small amount of oil into the candle hole. Before that, the piston is moved to the extreme position. Such a lubricant will facilitate the launch and prevent premature wear of the details.
Before starting working with a motorcycle, they must check the candle and all the main equipment components.
Reasons why the trimmer for grass does not start is quite a lot. But most of them can be detected and fixed independently. The main thing is the correct diagnosis, attentiveness and sequence of actions. And about how you can cope with problems, the master from the next will tell in detail
Lack of spark. checking the ignition module
Possible signs of failure of the ignition module:
If the wires and candles are in order, it is necessary to test the ignition module. We combine one probe of the multimeter with the module connector, and connect the second to the “mass”. After that, we try to start the engine. If the display of the device is displayed about 12V, the module is working.
Low voltage diagnosis
For this method, you need to find a 2-3 watt control lamp with a voltage of 12V. We connect one contact of the lamp to the contact of the low voltage of the trambler, and the second to the mass.
The next step is to close the Trumbler’s contacts and turn on the ignition. If there is no problem in the low voltage circuit, the lamp will go out with closed contacts and burn with open. If the opening of the contacts does not lead to the glow of the lamp, the cause of the breakdown is the primary winding of the coil or low voltage wires.
If the lamp shines continuously, regardless of the position of contacts, this indicates such possible breakdowns: