Petrol grass trimmer won’t start petrol doesn’t flow
the lawn mower will not start on a cold
When starting a cold engine, it is not recommended to press the gas. Tilting the mower so that the air filter is on top, press the fuel suction button 5-6 times, set the function switch lever to the “start” position, pull the starter cord several times until the engine starts. After a few seconds of running the motor, turn off the starting system.
the lawn mower won’t start after winter
In such cases, the unit must be serviced. Remove the fuel system, including filters (air, fuel), disassemble the carburetor, clean and rinse each unit. Blow out the filters with air. Pay attention to fuel quality and octane number.
It should be borne in mind that products of such well-known companies as STIHL, Husgvarna and other brands will not run on cheap, low-octane gasoline. Suitable fuel for them is from the AI grade. 92 and higher from car gas stations and then from well-recommended ones, since there is also bad gasoline at gas stations. The use of high-octane and high-quality gasoline will determine how long the lawn mower will be used and how long it will last.
It is necessary to take into account one more fact that when the diluted fuel mixture is stored for a long time, its working qualities fall, which also leads to consequences in which the lawn mower does not start. Therefore, it should be diluted in portions, that is, the amount of the mixture that is produced at a time. The operating instructions clearly describe and explain the mixing ratio of gasoline and oil. Strict observance of the correct proportions will at least save you from several questions, why the lawn mower does not start and what to do in such cases.
The mower will not start or will start but stalls. What is the reason?
To understand this, you need to know the principle of operation of the unit as a whole. It also happens that, just bought, a new saw does not start, and it starts running around the service centers, in such cases it is recommended:
carefully read the instruction manual; to study in detail the method of the first start-up and running-in of the lawn mower; try to understand how the product works; how gasoline is pumped up and so on.
the quality of the gasoline is poor; incorrect proportion of gasoline and oil; clogging of the fine filter; the spark was gone.
the mower starts and stops. What to do?
There is a spark, and everything seems to be normal, but the mower will not start, in such cases you should check the air inlet valve to the fuel tank. A clogged valve creates a vacuum in the tank, in which the carburetor does not receive enough gas, so the mower will start, but then stall. To exclude this cause, you need to clean the valve and try to start the mower with the tank cap not completely twisted. 2. If this does not start the mower, remove and clean the fuel filter and check all carburetor parts and then try starting. The lawn mower will not start again, the air filter is disconnected, try to start without it, if the mower starts up, the reason is in the air filter, replace it.
the lawnmower will not start, the spark has disappeared
The loss of a spark entails checking the contacts and the correctness of the gap between them, the conducting wires to the candle and the candle itself. The way to check the spark is to unscrew the candle, connect a wire to it, put the candle sideways to the motor casing and pull the starter several times as if starting the lawn mower, while looking at the coal and the contact of the candle, a spark should run between them. If there is no spark, take a new candle, do the same procedure, if the spark cannot be traced at the same time, then there is a problem in the wire or contacts, it is better to replace them.
How to fix Ryobi 2 cycle gas weed Wacker no start won’t stay running fix
the lawnmower will not start when hot
If the mower was recently in operation and has not yet had time to cool down but does not want to start, press the gas trigger, pull the starter cord abruptly several times until the engine starts and only then the gas trigger is released. If enough time has passed and the mower has cooled down, then start up as if it were cold. If the above methods did not help, the mower did not start, then you should contact the service center.
Repair and service of garden equipment.
Specialized service center “Agrotechservice”. comprehensive warranty and post-warranty maintenance of garden and municipal equipment from world manufacturers! We sell spare parts with delivery throughout Russia!
Chainsaw won’t start. major breakdowns, how to fix a chainsaw, how to sharpen a chain
The special tool is used for cutting and pruning fruit trees in the garden, sawing boards, logs, beams during construction, when preparing firewood for the winter. Unlike professional forest fellers, green farm workers, homework lovers use a chainsaw occasionally. But, faced with equipment malfunctions, the owner of a power saw needs to know the main causes of breakdowns, methods of self-repair, rules of operation and prevention.
Typical breakdowns of gasoline saws
- Two-stroke gasoline internal combustion engine. Most often, malfunctions, manifested by a drop in compression, power, occur due to natural wear and deformation of parts of the cylinder-piston group (cylinder walls, piston rods, valves). Wear increases when using low-quality gasoline, oil, non-compliance with the proportions of the fuel-oil mixture. During overhaul, pistons (complete with rods) and valves are replaced (replacement requires precise adjustment). In difficult cases, a bulkhead, overhaul, complete replacement of the motor is required.
- Ignition. The candles wear out, the working life of the coil is developed. These parts are not repairable, they must be replaced completely. Replacement of coils is associated with complex disassembly and assembly operations.
- Fuel supply system. The fuel filter is checked, the pipelines are cleaned, the connecting fittings are sealed, the clogging of the breather is removed. The carburetor is adjusted or replaced.
- Oil pump and lubrication channels. To restore operability, the lubrication channels are cleaned, the oil pipelines are sealed or replaced. In case of critical damage, the oil pump plunger or oil pump assembly is replaced.
- Gas evacuation system (muffler). Problems are rectified by flushing and cleaning the muffler.
To restore the engine, carburetor, starter, it is better to contact the manufacturer’s service centers or specialized repair shops.
Recommendations for the operation, maintenance and prevention of garden power tools
The basic rules of operation relate to the correct chain tension, the optimal use of power, the use of high-quality fuel, the correct preparation of the gasoline mixture. It is not recommended to use A-76 or A-98 gasoline for filling the tank. Optimal use of “ninety-second” gasoline. You need to add oil only with a measuring cup, in the proportions recommended by the manufacturer.
Among the dozens of operating rules, the most important ones can be distinguished:
- the saw is run-in by alternating idle speed with a working stroke, sawing soft wood;
- the old fuel mixture must not be used (gasoline and oil stratify after a week of storage);
- minor faults are best repaired at the first signs of appearance;
- timber, logs are sawn only at full speed;
- correctly sharpened teeth do not require large pressing forces;
- before starting the engine, the brake, the tension of the connecting links, the efficiency of the tire lubrication system are checked;
- after each use, the sprocket is lubricated, the tire overturns.
Maintenance of a power saw does not require excessive efforts from the owner. Carrying out regular prophylaxis (at least once a week), you need:
- Check and resume sharpening of teeth, depth stops.
- To clean the working parts of the saw blade from sawdust, earth, sand.
- Unscrew and inspect spark plugs.
- Flush grooves, dry saw blade.
- Lubricate the drive sprocket. For syringing with lithol, you can use a disposable medical syringe elongated with a rubber tube.
- Check the air filter. If clogged, the filter can be washed, dried, sprinkled with engine oil.
Before storing the saw for winter storage, it is necessary to completely drain the fuel mixture and drain the oil. The chain and the bar are disassembled, stored separately. Observing these simple rules, you will extend the service life of the mechanisms. The engine and the tire will work without serious damage, complex repairs will be needed only after the natural wear of parts and assemblies.
Small damage to the saw units can be repaired with your own hands. For the bulkhead of a two-stroke internal combustion engine, replacement of pistons, valves, only experienced mechanics or amateurs of garage auto repair undertake. Self-repair can be carried out with:
- Silencer. It is not difficult to clean the non-separable muffler from dirt, oil splashes. To do this, you need to remove the node, rinse and dry it with a construction hairdryer.
- Chain brake. It is not difficult to remove the cover with your own hands, clean the under-lid space, replace the brake band.
- Carburetor. The carburetor is adjusted with three adjusting screws. With precise efforts, small intervals of turning the screws, it is possible to achieve a stable supply of the fuel-air mixture experimentally.
- Lubrication channels. Use a thin wire to easily clean the lubrication channels. Loss of tightness of fittings and oil pipeline connections is eliminated by installing clamps or replacing pipes. Inexperienced users should not undertake to replace the plunger of the oil pump (or pump assembly).
- Spark plugs. Replacing the spark plugs is easy, you only need a special spark plug wrench. It is not recommended to ignite the candles, tap the gap between the electrodes.
No complex tools are required to disassemble and repair saw units. You will find the necessary set of screwdrivers, wrenches in the usual set of tools for auto repair. To replace individual brake parts, carburetor screws, candles, it is advisable to use only original manufacturer parts.
Classification of major chainsaw breakdowns and their consequences
The main causes of malfunctions of components and parts of the mechanism, in addition to natural wear and tear, are the use of gasoline with a low or high octane number, violation of operating rules, improper care of the internal combustion engine. Signs of an impending malfunction may include:
- heavy smoke, discoloration of the exhaust;
- overheating of the motor;
- drop in power;
- poor start-up;
- floating revolutions;
- poor quality cut of wood.
My weedeater has spark and fuel but it still won’t start
Among the typical causes of malfunctions due to improper operation are:
- Engine oil starvation. If you poured low-quality oil into the saw or created the fuel mixture in the wrong proportion, oil starvation sets in, leading to soot on the cylinders, increased friction, and the operation of the pistons in a forced mode. This increases the wear of the cylinder-piston group. In the worst case, the internal combustion engine jams, bends the pistons, tears the valves. After that, you will not be able to repair the malfunction yourself. Overhaul or complete replacement of the motor will be required.
- Overloads of the motor, cutting links, gearbox. Household models are not designed for felling trees in two or three girths. Care should be taken when cutting hard types of wood (larch, bog oak). Overloads lead to dullness, increased wear of chains, tire deformations.
- Overheat. Continuous operation must be followed according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Long-term use of the internal combustion engine without stopping leads to overheating, oil burnout. Motor can jam.
- Faults in the tire lubrication system. If the bar runs without lubrication, the saw blade may deform and chain breaks. With a short-term lack of lubrication, the edges of the cutting links quickly become dull.
- Incorrect tension. A slack or too tightly tensioned chain leads to increased wear, deformation, replacement of the drive sprocket.
- Warming up the engine on the brake. Unlike warming up at idle, keeping the speed at “half-throttle” leads to clutch breakage, can cause melting of the body.
Factory defects of parts are not so common. In practice, it manifests itself even during the warranty period, so new mechanisms do not require repair costs. Several years ago, defective connecting links, improperly sharpened teeth, and poor-quality saw blades were typical of Chinese models. Now Chinese manufacturers have gotten rid of design flaws, have mastered licensed technologies, and are producing products of good quality. Minor breakages are most often found in plastic parts of the case, handles, buttons.
How to sharpen a chainsaw chain, cutting chain faults, sharpening methods
When cutting wood with a saw blade, an incorrect, blunt sharpening manifests itself:
- decrease in productivity (increase in cutting time);
- increasing the load on the hands;
- increased width of the cut;
- curved cut;
- reduction in the size of sawdust (wood dust).
The links of the cutting chain are complex in shape. The saw teeth have rounded edges, and a straight edge is sharpened in the cut stop. Before looking for advice on the Internet on how to sharpen a chainsaw chain, evaluate your strengths and skills. To sharpen the links, files, special sharpening machines, and an angle grinder (“angle grinder”) are used. Buying a sharpening machine for sharpening, which is required once a week or a month, is irrational.
Sharpening with an angle grinder is faster than file operations, but more dangerous. For sharpening, an angle grinder or a cutting link is clamped in a vice and all the edges of the saw teeth and cut stops are sharpened in turn. A high-speed machine is traumatic and requires confident use skills. Simpler manual sharpening, in which each link is clamped in a vice, the sharpener alternately works with a flat and round file. This is a long job that requires accuracy, an accurate eye. It can be facilitated by the use of special templates that are produced by manufacturers of cutting tools.
If you are in doubt about your skills with a file or angle grinder, find a workshop near your home. Improper sharpening can completely ruin the cutting links, you will have to buy a new saw blade.
Chainsaw won’t start. what to do
The first sign of improper operation, the manifestation of breakdowns, is the difficult start of the gasoline engine. The most common cause of a bad start of the engine “to cold” is a malfunction of the ignition system. In this case, it is necessary to check the spark plugs and ignition coils. Candles that have exhausted their resource can be identified by the dark color of the porcelain insulator, carbon deposits on the electrodes. You can check the performance of the unscrewed spark plug by attaching it to the high-voltage cap and the cylinder block. A blue spark should appear when the starter cord is pulled. Additionally, the gap between the electronic ignition coil and the flywheel is checked. Incorrectly set gap interferes with regular sparking.
Another reason why the chainsaw won’t start may be an unregulated carburetor. If the carburetor is incorrectly adjusted, a “lean” or oversaturated air-fuel mixture enters the cylinders through the choke. In this case, it becomes difficult to start the motor “hot”. The internal combustion engine also reacts to cylinders filled with a fuel-air mixture. Difficulty starting can also be associated with a clogged air filter.
A kind of bad start is a sudden stop of the engine. A two-stroke internal combustion engine can stall due to problems with the carburetor, clogged filters, and fuel system malfunctions. First of all, the fuel hose, the connections to the tank and the carburetor are inspected for gasoline drips. The simplest reason for stopping the internal combustion engine, typical for novice users, may be the lack of gasoline in the fuel tank.
Where to start diagnostics of brushcutters
If the mower does not start or immediately stalls after starting, all major components and assemblies must be checked sequentially. The verification algorithm is as follows:
- Fuel tank (fuel quality);
- Candle and candle channel;
- Air filter;
- Fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
These nodes are most often the source of major problems that can be eliminated after a thorough inspection.
How to Fix a Trimmer That Won’t Start!
Lawn mower filter diagnostics
Another reason for the stalling of a gasoline grass scythe can be an air filter. To eliminate it, try removing the filter and starting the grass trimmer without it. If it works out, then you will have to change the air filter to a new one, or at least blow through and thoroughly clean the old one.
The petrol grass trimmer may not start if the fuel filter is dirty. This is the next step in our algorithm. Here we check the condition of the filter element and, if necessary, replace it with a new one. When replacing, try not to leave the suction inlet without a filter at all, this is prohibited by any operating instructions. Haste can turn into repair of the engine piston group.
We carry out diagnostics of a candle and a candle channel
If the quality of the fuel mixture is clear and the mower stalls when started, then a flooded spark plug may be the cause. Here, for repairs, an ordinary candle wrench is suitable (every motorist probably has) and a spare candle.
- We unscrew the candle and wipe it;
- Dry it thoroughly (do not ignite);
- We drain the excess fuel in the chamber through the spark plug hole and dry it;
- We clean the old candle from carbon deposits using a file or a lady’s file;
- We set a gap with a distance of 1 mm (you can check with any coin);
- Putting everything back in place and trying to start the grass trimmer.
It is necessary to dry the canal for at least 30–40 minutes. Otherwise, there is a risk of re-filling and a new candle.
If the candle is working, the socket where it is located is completely dry, and the mower does not want to start, lubricate the threaded connection with gasoline. It should be slightly damp. No matter how wonderful a spark the candle gives out, there is simply nothing to light up in a dry chamber.
If the grass trimmer motor still does not start, it should be ruled out that there is no spark due to poor contact between the spark plugs and the high voltage wire. If the connection is of good quality, and there is still no spark, most likely your ignition unit has “flown”. Here it will not be possible to do without a master, since the part is not repaired, but is sold as a single unit.
Checking the fuel mixture
Check the presence and quality of the fuel mixture before starting the engine. Do not save, do not be greedy and do not be clever in this matter. Repair or replacement of the piston group will cost you too much (sometimes up to 70% of the cost of a new tool). Prepare the oil-fuel mixture strictly according to the instructions. Calculate its amount based on real needs. Excess gasoline left over after work loses its quality over time.
Why the lawn mower won’t start. troubleshooting
Caring for the backyard plot, summer residents periodically encounter the fact that the lawn mower does not start. There are many reasons for tool failure. To correctly diagnose the problem, the owner of a useful unit in the country needs to know the device and the principle of operation of its individual parts.
complex causes of lawn mower failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting algorithm does not work, and your scythe still won’t start or stalls, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the reasons for erratic tool performance. There are three main problems here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. All this is cleaned by special washes or blown by a powerful jet of compressed air from the compressor. Do not use needles and wires, as the bore may be damaged;
- Worn carburetor gasket. Exit. replacement of a failed gasket;
- Violation of tightness. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change, everything is fine, and if the pressure starts to drop, then some part of the carburetor is faulty. We’ll have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is in order with the carburetor, then the petrol grass trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If chips, scratches or scuffs are found on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. Piston rings are subject to mandatory checks. A small backlash of the piston when rocking the connecting rod indicates that it is time to change the rings. It is best to entrust this procedure to the specialists of the service center.
Breather and exhaust port
Often, “gentle” branded models of petrol cutters do not start and stall due to the contamination of the breather. The main function of this element is to equalize the pressure in the gas tank. When this unit becomes clogged, a vacuum is created in the tank, which prevents the supply of fuel. You can eliminate the malfunction by cleaning the breather. You can use a regular needle for cleaning.
Normal operation of streamers with internal combustion engines can be disrupted due to the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the muffler mesh. There is such a problem on older generation models. The issue can be resolved by traditional cleaning and removal of the anti-spark grid.
Why the chainsaw stalls at idle
There are situations when even the newest chainsaw stalls at idle. This situation is associated with the factory settings of the carburetor or their absence. It happens that with a long transport
Rating of chain saws for quality and reliability
For many, electric saws look much more attractive than their gasoline-powered cousins. At the moment, Ukraine provides an opportunity to purchase a similar unit of various configurations. Rating
Chainsaw carburetor cleaning
Cleaning the carburetor of a chainsaw of any modification, configuration and power follows one traditional and correct scheme, and its need arises as a result of clogging of the part. To understand that
Running in a new chainsaw: rules and features
Running in a new chainsaw is a mandatory procedure for individual parts of the tool and for the mechanism as a whole. This process is also important for the operator who first picks up the machine and for
Chainsaw rating for quality and reliability. the best models
Chainsaws are used with the same frequency both in everyday life and in professional business. The rating of chainsaws is of interest to potential buyers, as it helps to find the ideal option. Rate
How to choose the right chainsaw chain
You need to be prepared for the choice of a chain for a saw, because it is important not only that the cutting tackle theoretically resembles, but also be correctly selected in the context of future work. How to choose a chain for
Why the lawn mower or lawn mower won’t start. the reasons
The use of gasoline scythes is widespread and relevant today, since having good power and productivity, these tools help a person to cope with the surrounding vegetation: grass,
How to choose a file for a chainsaw chain
To sharpen the saw chain quickly, efficiently and inexpensively yourself, you need to use a special sharpening. Working with such a tool implies knowledge and understanding of the principle itself, a little