Petrol Trimmer Does Not Start There Is A Spark
Why does the trimmer not start?
To determine why the gasoline trimmer does not start well or constantly stalls, it is necessary to consistently check the operation of all the main components of the unit. This is especially important after long-term storage of the lawn mower. So, the main reasons for this behavior of the trimmer are as follows:
- The culprit for the lawn mower not starting may be a poor-quality oil-gasoline fuel mixture. It must be cooked strictly according to the instructions. Saving is not at all appropriate here, since it can lead to the failure of the entire piston group of the trimmer. Do not prepare too much fuel mixture, as excess gasoline will lose its quality over time.
- Be aware that petrol trimmers of brands such as Stihl, Husgvarna and some others will not start if they are filled with cheap petrol with a low octane number. Therefore, for such units it is necessary to use only high-quality high-octane fuel.
- If the trimmer stalls immediately upon start-up, it may have a flooded candle. In this case, you need to unscrew it and dry it thoroughly for half an hour. Then drain the excess fuel in the chamber, clean the candle from carbon deposits, put it back and try to start the lawn mower.
- If your new gasoline trimmer won’t start, there may be a lack of spark. And this happens because the socket where the candle is located is dry and the fuel does not ignite. Lightly moisten the thread of the spark plug with a few drops of gasoline.
- The gasoline trimmer may stall due to clogged air or fuel filters. It is best to replace such elements with new ones.
- The exhaust port and breather can also become clogged. Having cleaned these trimmer elements, it will be possible to start the unit without any problems.
- Another reason why the petrol trimmer won’t start, even when there is a spark, may be a clogged carburetor. To clean the ducts and nozzles, blow them out with compressed air using a compressor. Can be used to clean the carburetor and special rinse.
- If the carburetor gaskets are worn out, replace them. And if the tightness of this device is broken, you will have to identify the faulty carburetor part and replace it.
- The trimmer may not start due to wear on the piston group. However, it is better to change such parts of lawn mowers in a service center.
- Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
- Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
- Some reasons
- Main fuel mixture!
- Perform cold starts correctly!
- Why won’t the lawn mower start? Trimmer Troubleshooting
- Does not start on a cold trimmer eliminate the cause
- And again the carburetor.
- New Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
- How not to get confused if the lawn mower won’t start
- Eliminating the reasons why the lawn mower won’t start
- Adjustment and tuning of the carburetor
- Taking proper care of your chainsaw
Main fuel mixture!
In this case, the remnants of plastic dissolved in a brutal environment create such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will definitely not be able to do without completely overturning the mechanism. But you will certainly remember forever how to store fuel correctly.
What to do, when the fuel was just normal, there is a spark, but the petrol trimmer won’t start? It is possible that you just filled the candle with gasoline. In this case, it must be turned out, wiped with a clean cloth and dried. In general, when the trimmer began to be capricious and stall, why the trimmer does not start. By the way, it will be quite useful to check the candle itself for performance.
Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
Why won’t the trimmer start (petrol)?
Because he worked his way. Why, there can be any number of answers to this question. Bad fuel is far from an argument. Maybe a person doesn’t know how to use it, and that’s why it’s wrong. Fuel does not flow, the candle is broken, the wires are broken, did not turn on, does not know how to use, the trimmer is burnt out / broken, but you never know what other reasons may be. There is also such. Hand hooks.
The reasons why petrol trimmer won’t start, maybe several.
If the trimmer does not start or immediately stalls after starting, then the problem may be in the fuel tank (namely, as fuel), in the spark plug and drainage duct, in the air or fuel filter, in the breather or in the exhaust duct.
1). It is imperative that before starting the trimmer, you need to check the availability, and most importantly, the quality of the fuel mixture.
2). The trimmer may not start or stall with a flooded spark plug. It will need to be unscrewed and wiped.
You need to dry the candle channel for at least 3040 minutes. Otherwise, a new candle may also fill up.
3). If the trimmer starts without an air filter, then it is better to replace the old filter with a new one.
4). Trimmer may not start if fuel filter is dirty.
Five). Also, the trimmer may not start due to a dirty breather.
Also, the reason may be the ingress of dirt into the exhaust channel or clogging of the muffler mesh.
The gasoline trimmer may stop starting for several reasons at the same time.
Firstly: try to clean the carburetor if it gets dirty, it will damage the mower.
Secondly: A vacuum may form in the drum. If so, try making a small crack in the barrel lid.
Thirdly: check if the trimmer setting is correct.
There are several reasons why the trimmer will not start. I will list the main ones:
- Bad fuel. Each trimmer model requires petrol with a specific octane rating. Check the instructions for use and make sure you fill in exactly the required.
- Flooded candles. At the same time, I advise you to check the candles for performance. Sometimes even new (in a box) candles may be inoperable or defective.
- The fuel mixture does not enter the carburetor. Pump her up a little.
- The ignition coil is out of order.
- Muffler clogged. It is necessary to free it from carbon deposits. To do this, carefully disassemble and clean (you can burn on a gas burner).
Usually trimmer we have did not start after winter, and we used to take the trimmer to the workshop almost every spring, where it was repaired to us. But, once, a knowledgeable person advised us, firstly, never to leave gasoline in the trimmer for the winter, because old gasoline can be the reason that the trimmer does not start, and he also said that it is necessary for the trimmer plant to pump the carburetor with a fuel mixture. After we began to follow these rules, our problems with the trimmer disappeared.
First of all, you can see the candle. If necessary, replace it, making sure that the spark plug is not broken and gives a normal spark. The next problem will be lurking in the fuel system. As mentioned above, we check the tightness, then we check the fuel filter, change it if necessary. We clean the carburetor, see the effect. It may be necessary to dig into the ignition system, adjust. To check the fuel system, you can pour a few grams directly into the cylinder through the plug screw holes, screw in the plug and try to start. At least the trimmer should make sounds of the engine running for 1-2 seconds and some smoke should fly out of the muffler.
If the trimmer does not start at all or it stalls immediately after starting, then you first need to look for the cause in the main components and assemblies, for this you need to check in the sequence below, so, this is the sequence:
These nodes are basically the whole problem.
Often petrol trimmers do not start after trying to put them into operation after long-term storage. But since this has happened the gasoline trimmer will not start the spark plug trimmer. Failure to launch in this case is often caused by incorrect user actions.
If you are faced with exactly this phenomenon, then during a cold start you need to close the damper, and then pump a small amount of the fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle until you feel resistance, then start the trimmer with sharp and energetic movements.
It often happens that users of this kind of cars are trying to save money by filling the tank with not fuel with the usual octane number, but something incomprehensible that has been in a plastic canister for almost a dozen years.
Petrol Trimmer Will Not Start Reasons
What to do when petrol trimmers do not start?
The gasoline trimmer is surprisingly the right tool with which you can mow not only a small clearing in front of the house, but also a whole large lawn. There are several if the trimmer does not start or if you immediately make sure that the candle is not broken. Unfortunately, there is nothing endless in this world, and therefore you can face the fact that petrol trimmers do not start.