Petrol Trimmer How To Remove The Coil
Features of repairing electrical models
Electric models of trimmers, powered by the network, are composed of several main blocks:
- Mechanical part that provides torque transmission to the trimmer head;
- Electrical engine;
- Power cable.
Each trimmer unit has a specific problem. In the mechanical part, they depend on the presence of a fishing line used as a cutting element. Reasons for termination of work:
- Line tangling;
- Nylon thread sticking due to overheating of the trimmer;
- Drive shaft and coil problems.
You can identify problems with the electrical part of the electric scythe using special tools:
- Indicator screwdriver;
- Set of wrenches and screwdrivers.
A blowtorch is needed to fix problems.
- Power cable malfunction;
- Problems with the socket and plug;
- Failure of the control knob;
- Combustion of the starter winding, engine replacement is required;
- Broken contacts can be corrected by yourself using a blowtorch.
- Two-room apartment with an area of 59 sq.
- Very good ideas, take note.
- Step-by-step instructions for laying a brick barbecue.
- And one more type of floor from saw cuts.
- How to form a blackberry correctly.
- Children’s rooms for two children.
- When is it better to install metal-plastic windows.
- How to disassemble a petrol trimmer. Malfunctions and their elimination
- Why the trimmer won’t start
- If it stalls when you press the gas
- Starter damage
- Gearbox repair
- Features of repairing electrical models
If it stalls when you press the gas
There are several reasons why the trimmer will stall when you press the gas:
- The first reason is the misalignment of the carburetor.
- Fuel valve clogged.
- Check valve clogged.
- Looseness and slack in the carburetor cable or slack in the fuel pick-up hose.
To avoid the described problems with the lawn mower, you need to carefully monitor the condition of the device and its blocks. Timely cleaning, washing of the unit and spare parts allows you to increase its life.
Maintenance of the lawn mowers’ gearbox consists in the timely lubrication of the unit. Failure to do so can lead to rapid gear wear and jamming of the gear module.
The main malfunctions of the trimmer gear:
- Strong heating of the transfer unit due to the use of poor quality grease or lack thereof;
- Shaft jamming during rotation of worn bearings;
- Staggering or flying off the transmission rod as a result of damage to the housing;
- Lack of rotation of the output shaft with a knife due to wear of the teeth on the gears.
Most gearbox problems are related to bearing failure.
This happens due to the use of poor quality grease or its complete absence. Another reason for the failure of the gearbox is the operation of the trimmer at the limit of its capabilities and the ingress of foreign objects. To replace a faulty bearing, the gearbox is disassembled.
Why the trimmer won’t start
The most common reason that the unit will not start is the use of low-quality fuel. The choice of gasoline grades below AI-92 can disable the lawn mower. If quality fuel is used, other reasons must be looked for. For this, all components and systems are carefully checked. Are subject to verification:
- Spark plug and spark plug channel;
- Air and fuel filter;
- Exhaust channel.
The device may not start after a long period of inactivity. Before turning on the trimmer, you need to study the operating instructions well. The solution to many problems is indicated in it.
Trimmer ignition coil. faults and repairs
Lawn mowers are a popular seasonal tool designed to remove unwanted vegetation from your home. Like any other technique, these devices break down periodically. Repairing the trimmer ignition coil is one of the popular problems common to gasoline braids. The ignition system itself is designed in the same way on two- and four-stroke internal combustion engines, so the elimination of breakdowns is performed almost the same for tools from different manufacturers, be it Lux, Huter, Husqvarna or another brand. Ways to restore the working capacity of the ignition coil or replace it with a new one. in the material below.
The most difficult starter failure occurs when a rope is broken and wound around the flywheel of a running engine. As a result, the spring can burst and the pulley break. In this case, only a complete replacement of the spare part will help. Such a breakdown is rare. often it happens:
- Break of the rope of the shmorgalka;
- Spring breakage;
- Loose spring engagement.
In this case, it is easy to repair the starter yourself. The manufacturer has prepared step-by-step instructions for this.
Magneto. design and operating principle
The purpose of the ignition coil is to convert the rotational energy into a high-voltage discharge and form a spark that ignites the fuel mixture. In an internal combustion engine, this part is called a magneto, since in it an alternating current is generated from the rotation of a permanent magnetic rotor or armature.
Magneto structurally consists of two windings: high and low voltage. A capacitor with breaker contacts is connected in parallel to the latter. Whereas the leads of the high voltage winding are connected to the candle and the body. Both of them are wound on a core, between the poles of which a rotating magnet is installed, magnetized longitudinally.
On a note! The whole structure looks like a large coil mounted on a U-shaped core.
How to disassemble a petrol trimmer. Malfunctions and their elimination
Electric and petrol trimmers experience typical breakdowns and malfunctions. For devices powered by an internal combustion engine, these are:
- Problems in the carburetor;
- Engine breakdown;
- Fuel system problems;
- Breakdown of the gearbox, starter, muffler;
- Air filter breakage;
- Ignition coil problems.
Electrical units have specific breakdowns:
- Problems with the control button and electrical cable;
- Burnt out motor stator winding;
- Broken contacts.
For simple problems, you can make a trimmer repair yourself.
How to remove the spool from the Stihl trimmer
Stihl’s garden equipment has long established itself on the agricultural market. Electric trimmers of this company are distinguished by quality, reliability, stable operation even under high load. The Stihl electric kos range is easy to use and easy to maintain. This gives an excellent opportunity to use the technique even for a beginner.
The length of the device is 154 cm. The current is 5.5 A. The lightest of the other mowers. This tool can be used over large spaces.
Trimmer coil device
Trimmer mowing heads come in a variety of designs, both simple and complex. The picture below shows an exploded view of the Husqvarna (Husqvarna) semi-automatic trimmer head.
This type of head is present on most lawn mowers and trimmers such as Stihl (Stihl), Patriot (Patriot), Champion (Champion), Bosch (Bosch), Huter (Huter) and others. The device of the mowing head is quite simple. It includes the following details:
- Mowing head base;
- Button for semi-automatic cord feed;
- Spool (spool) into which the line is tucked;
- Eyes. through them the line comes out;
- Trimmer head cover;
- Line (cord).
There are also simpler trim heads shown in the following photo.
All these attachments do not allow changing the length of the line in a semi-automatic mode (after pressing a button). If the cord breaks, you have to stop the mower and change it manually.
Major coil faults
Trimmer users and lawn mowers often face a problem with the semi-automatic mowing head. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
- The line does not lengthen automatically;
- The cord spontaneously comes out of the reel.
The mechanism is hinged, so that the device tilts in different directions. The cutter spool can be positioned perpendicular to the ground. There are no ventilation slots, which protects the device from water ingress, so the grass can be mowed in the early morning (when there is dew) or immediately after rain.
The cord lengthens spontaneously
There are times when the trimmer user notices a very fast line flow. At the same time, he never hit the ground with the button to lengthen the line. The reason for the fact that the line spontaneously lengthens, being cut on a special knife on the casing of the device, may be the absence of a spring in the mowing head. Often novice users of mowers, trying to load the line into the reel, forget to install the pressure spring in the head, or completely lose it when opening the cover, and in the future, do not even suspect of its existence.
Mows grass up to 36 cm. Speed up to 7400 rpm. The power is 540 W. The body is plastic. Telescopic handle. Inexpensive but practical tool.
How to remove the spool and replace the line
Trimmer owners, mostly beginners, find themselves in confusion, bordering on panic, when they need to change the cutting tool or line in the reel. Very often, when trying to unscrew the mowing head, users simply render it unusable, not suspecting that it is unscrewing in the opposite direction. To prevent this from happening, if you need to replace the tool, we recommend that you read the step-by-step instructions below.
- Stop the mowers engine or power off the trimmer before placing the line into the spool to avoid injury from accidentally starting the cutting tool.
- Unscrew the nozzle attached to the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be fixed by aligning the holes on the washer and on the axle, and inserting a metal rod or screwdriver into them.
- Unscrew the nozzle. You should be aware that the thread on the shaft is left-hand. Therefore, turn the trimmer coil to the right, that is, clockwise.
- Disassemble the mowing head. Most often, the head cover is attached with clips. To remove it, you will need to sink these latches into the case, squeezing the edges of the cover. If your trimmer has a semi-automatic mowing head with a button on the bottom, then the disassembly of the attachment should be done carefully, since you can lose the spring, which sometimes flies out when the cover is removed.
- Cut off the required amount of line. Usually its length is 5 meters. Use a cord of the same diameter as indicated in the instructions for the tool. It is not recommended to exceed the maximum line diameter as this will result in increased engine stress and higher gas mileage.
- Find the midpoint of the line by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- Special grooves are cut inside the coil (there may be holes). Insert a loop of line into this groove.
- Wind the line around the spool by turning it counterclockwise. It is necessary to fill in the cord as evenly as possible, the turns should lie down without overlap and with good tension. When winding is complete, leave free ends of the line about 20 cm long and fix them in the grooves on the sides of the reel.
- Assemble the mowing head. Remember to insert the spring and washer (if equipped) before final assembly of the accessory. Place the spool in the body and thread the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the snaps.
- Screw the adapter back onto the gearbox shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. You will need to twist the trimmer coil to the left (against the arrows).
Electric version of the scythe
The self-propelled form of these units can be used anywhere, but only next to the power supply. Quiet, they are often used near schools, kindergartens, as well as hospitals and clinics. They are quite actively used on private territory.