Petrol Trimmer Of Which Company To Choose
10 Best Electric Trimmers Review and rating of the best electric trimmers for gardening, cottage and backyard maintenance. The best low cost and powerful trimmers from popular brands Bosch, Makita, Huter and DDE.
10 best electric trimmers
Feature in the rating
Many owners of private houses and summer cottages carefully look after their personal plot. When the active growth of grass begins, there is a need for a special technique. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, lawn mowers, electric trimmers. The latter compare favorably with an affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Electric trimmers are especially effective in small areas where the extension cord is easy to stretch. But difficulties also arise at the purchase stage. The range of power tools is very diverse, so a few tips from the experts will be relevant and appropriate. What parameters should you pay close attention to?
- First of all, you need to determine the performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where growing grass will have to be cut, power up to 1,000 watts will be enough. There is no other reason to pursue high performance. The stronger the engine, the greater the trimmer mass.
- The location of the engine affects the price and usability. Cheap low-power models have a bottom-mounted electric motor. But this design has serious drawbacks, for example, grass clogging and poor cooling.
- For overhead models, shoulder straps will be required. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers complete trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric braids and handle shape differ. Lightweight machines are equipped with D-shaped holders, which give the trimmer maneuverability. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
Best inexpensive electric trimmers
If you want to mechanize your work, but are on a budget, electric trimmers from this category are what you need. All of them do an excellent job with the task, but at the same time they have their own characteristics. Let’s take a look at three popular budget models and decide which one is the best.
4 Hammer ETR900
An excellent garden trimmer is the Hammer ETR900. The affordable price of the Chinese device is perfectly combined with the high power (950 W). The electric scythe is very convenient to use due to its compactness. With a bevel width of 35 cm, it is possible to mow the grass in the narrowest places of the garden or between the garden beds. The overhead position of the motor prevents moisture from entering the electrical part of the unit. The manufacturer has equipped the model with a bicycle-style handle, which makes the work comfortable and less tiring. By moving the handle along the bar, you can adjust the mount to your height.
The manufacturer also took care of the operator’s safety. There is protection against accidental start in the form of a two-button switch. The cover is precisely positioned in the work area, the grass does not get on the worker’s clothes and shoes. The set also includes a knife for mowing weeds and small bushes.
Their power is higher. 2-3 liters. With., respectively, and more gasoline for a professional trimmer is consumed. Such a trimmer performs a much larger amount of work and has a knife in the configuration, that is, it cuts both grass and thin branches, bushes.
It is also equipped with a shoulder strap and anti-vibration system. But also when working, it requires rest every 30 minutes and cleaning the cutting part of the grass.
Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
Let’s take a look at the different types of petrol trimmers and find out which jobs each one is best for.
They are used for mowing weeds and grass in house plots. It is a lightweight tool with a curved handle and a power of 1 horsepower or slightly more. Such trimmers are suitable for small amounts of work or infrequent mowing, haircuts.
When purchasing a household tool, you need to know how to use a grass trimmer. It needs rest every 20-25 minutes of work, otherwise it may fail. But at the same time, the household trimmer has moderate gas mileage and excellent maneuverability.
Before choosing a lawn trimmer, explore all the features of each model. Some have additional useful features. This can be a snow plow attachment, an anti-vibration system for the convenience of hands, a quick start of the trimmer with a decompression device, which increases the life of the tool.
Gasoline trimmer for giving, which one is better to choose
Gasoline mowers and trimmers are very convenient, compact and maneuverable, suitable for work in any country. They cope with grass in areas with different terrain and different sizes. Their use is especially beneficial in narrow, hard-to-reach places for the lawnmower. In addition, they are cheaper and easier to maintain than a lawn mower.
- Gasoline trimmer: the purpose of the tool in the country
- Types of trimmers on a gasoline engine
- Lawn mowers
- How to choose a gasoline trimmer for a summer residence, selection criteria
How to choose the right professional or household gasoline trimmer
- When using a household gasoline trimmer
- When to use professional lawn mowers
- Features of using disks
- Pros and cons of a petrol trimmer
- How to choose a petrol trimmer:
- Type of vegetation for mowing: lawn grass, perennials, shrubs;
- Area of the site for mowing, relief features;
- Trimmer weight commensurate with the weight category of the mower;
- Which gasoline engine is preferable to use: two- or four-stroke;
- Type of cutting tool of a gasoline unit;
- What shape of the handle will be most convenient for work;
- An amount of money that a person agrees to pay for an instrument.
When using a household gasoline trimmer
The trimmer with a two-stroke petrol engine has the following technical characteristics:
- Power up to 2 horsepower allows you to mow grass from a plot of 5-10 acres.
- Continuous operation of the tool. 20-40 minutes, then the trimmer needs air cooling for 10-15 minutes.
- The weight of the device is 2-3 kg, plus the volume of gasoline is from 0.5 to 1.5 liters.
- Often, the shaft of a household tool is bent to conveniently mow vegetation in hard-to-reach places. A folding system is used, which allows you to comfortably transport the product.
- Trimmer controls are located on the boom, which are sometimes limited to access.
- Several types of handles are used, you can choose the most convenient option.
- Gasoline used to operate a two-stroke engine must be pre-mixed with engine oil, usually in a ratio of 1:50. It is recommended to read the instructions carefully before using the instrument. Gasoline and oil are used of a certain brand, strictly according to the manufacturer’s recommendations. If you do not follow the dosage, the trimmer will work for a much shorter period.
- The design is equipped with two types of cutting tools. A nylon line and a metal circular knife. The thickness of the line is chosen depending on the stiffness of the grass stalks in the area.
A trimmer for domestic use is used by weak mowers: women, pensioners, people with weak health. The price of the tool is almost 2 times cheaper than that of professional models.
Features of using disks
Cutting tools vary in thickness, diameter, material and structure. Each type of work corresponds to a certain knife:
- The knife with two blades is suitable for cutting young grass with succulent stems.
- If the grass is tough with perennials, it is best to use a three-pronged tool.
- Tall thickets are better suited for cutting with a four-pronged knife.
- 8 serrated knife is used when mowing hay, long-term work without interruption.
- The 40-tooth disc easily mows not only grassy vegetation, but also young growth of trees with a trunk thickness of up to 3 cm.
- The strongest disc with 80 teeth can remove shrubs up to 4 cm in diameter.
Professional models of the petrol trimmer are equipped with a protective cover made of impact-resistant material, which serves as an additional guarantee of work safety.
For the convenience of mowing, two types of handles are used: U-shaped and D-shaped. The former are used in a wide area, and the latter are convenient if you need to mow in hard-to-reach places.
- Which trimmer is best. Gasoline or electric
- How to choose a lawn mower
- How to choose an electric lawn mower
The grass on the plot near the house grows quite quickly. Manual oblique mowing is not always convenient, and it takes a lot of time. But the mowing with a hand trimmer will take a few minutes. There are two types of trimmer: gasoline and electric. Each of them has a number of pros and cons.
An electric trimmer is a hand-held mower that operates on an electrical network. Among its indisputable advantages are:
– light weight (with an electric trimmer it is easy to operate a woman or teenager);
– low cost (a good trimmer can be purchased for 2-5 thousand rubles);
– slight noise during operation;
– start from the button.
Due to its low weight, the electric trimmer also has a relatively low power. They can mow the grass near the house, but if the landscape is complex with differences, then the task becomes much more complicated. In addition, some shrubs and plants simply cannot be mowed with such a device, the line is constantly torn, and the motor overheats.
Among other things, the electric trimmer has other disadvantages: attachment to the outlet. This applies to most budget models. If a large area needs to be mowed, multiple extensions may be required. In addition, the wires can cling to shrubs and trees. It is also not recommended to use an electric trimmer after rain, as there is a high risk of short circuits.
There are electrical models that operate not only from the mains, but also from the battery. The weight of the trimmer is significantly higher, instead of the standard 1.5-3 kg, it is 4.5-5 kg, which is not always convenient. Electric models with rechargeable batteries come with a shoulder strap. Such trimmers cost an order of magnitude higher: 4-7 thousand rubles.